Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed no new life state in Get Together!

gabe0199gabe0199 Posts: 1,036 Member
They tweeted the worst news I ever read. The sims 4 Get together will break the expansion pack tradition and won't include a new life state.
@Simgurulyndsay confirmed it on twitter.
I dismissed it with the base game but now with the life states I am personally done with this game now.

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited August 2015
    I read that too, which leads to the possibility of the glowing sim in the fake nightlife pic to be an alien, or just a Human sim with the game pointer on them is all.
    I was looking forward to at least the vamps returning in this EP. But I guess that they could be saving them for a supernatural ep.:(
  • Options
    Mati22Mati22 Posts: 88 Member
    It is just sad how they are ruining this franchise. I thought that after not including ghosts in the base game they would learn something.
    RIP The Sims 2000-2015 :'(
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Good! I never used them anyways.
  • Options
    I am just irritated that they are changing everything in this series. All I know is they better patch in a great life state to make up for their absence.
  • Options
    robiokosrobiokos Posts: 16 Member
    I thought I couldn't be more disappointed but here I am. Is there anything in this pack other than partying then?
  • Options
    YellowBird86YellowBird86 Posts: 36 Member
    There should be vampires in this ep! So dissapointed and actually on the fence now on if i am going to buy this ep! was liking the town design but dance party euro trash ravers with all night woohoo parties meh! come on sims i want a fun and lighthearted game with supernaturals not mean girls made into a ep for the game! :/
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    When they said life stage they didn't mean like Toddlers etc did they or are they referring to supernatural Sims.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    When they said life stage they didn't mean like Toddlers etc did they or are they referring to supernatural Sims.

Lifestage= Baby, toddler, child etc.

Lifestate=Ghost, vampire, witch etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    I believe they might just leave out life states in most expansions now and just put them in game pack. My guess they will probably be about 10 dollars for the life state and matching outfits.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Please let me think the later and they the Guru thought they meant Lifestage. Doesn't seem right not having a Supernatual sim in an expansion, unless they are going to release a Get Spooky Expansion in the future.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Maybe the game engine cannot handle more life states
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

Please let me think the later and they the Guru thought they meant Lifestage. Doesn't seem right not having a Supernatual sim in an expansion, unless they are going to release a Get Spooky Expansion in the future.

Her tweet said "there is no new life state (like aliens) in Get Together"
    I don't think she was referring to lifestages.
  • Options
    Vampyfan2Vampyfan2 Posts: 517 Member
    Oh yay. Now I for sure am not buying this game. Done with The Sims 4. It's been crap after crap ever since TS4 came along.
    Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Looking at a fan photo at gamescon looks like there is a toddler in the background poster. Wait just a gnome meh
  • Options

Course it can. But they chose not to add a new lifestate. They will probably focus on something else. If it's worth it the loss of the lifestate here won't be so bad.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    If no new lifestates or stages maybe bring back NPC's like Mrs Crumplebottom, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or burglar.
  • Options
    If no new lifestates or stages maybe bring back NPC's like Mrs Crumplebottom, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or burglar.

Maybe there will be new NPC's.

One thing is for sure, pubs\Cafés will have NPC's serving food. :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    gabe0199 wrote: »
    I am just irritated that they are changing everything in this series. All I know is they better patch in a great life state to make up for their absence.

I feel like we need to change so that were not just buying the same exact game every couple years.
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Awe major bummer :(
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Extremely disappointed.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    Speaking of life states and life stages...Can any one spot the word "TODDLER"?
    CLreQ6eWIAE175V.png:large
  • Options
    Mati22Mati22 Posts: 88 Member
    edited August 2015

Course it can. But they chose not to add a new lifestate. They will probably focus on something else. If it's worth it the loss of the lifestate here won't be so bad.

Sorry, but this seems like weak explanation. If they are going to 'focus' on other things like they did in base game, then I do not expect anything wonderful in this pack.

I feel like we need to change so that were not just buying the same exact game every couple years.

Yes, we need changes. But for better, not for worse. They did not improve anything in the base game. And content of this pack is not spectacular either. The Sims 4 and its expansions, as a successors of the past games, should expand on existing features. Not taking them away.
    RIP The Sims 2000-2015 :'(
  • Options
    domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    i feel like this is a cruel joke on people who want toddlers :D
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif
  • Options

Yes :) It's around the middle. Bellow freindship.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Mati22 wrote: »

Sorry, but this seems like weak explanation. If they are going to 'focus' on other things like they did in base game, then I do not expect anything wonderful in this pack.

Yes, we need changes. But for better, not for worse. They did not improve anything in the base game. And content of this pack is not spectacular either. The Sims 4 and its expansions, as a successors of the past games, should expand on existing features. Not taking them away.

It's not a weak explanation, it's probably the only one you'll get.

And if I'm satizfied with what we get in return I won't care for the lifestate.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1