Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

computer specs help

so these are ny specs i just copied and pasted.
my game lags just slightly enough to annoy me what do i need to upgrade to fix this.
processor-intel(R) Celeron(R) Cpu j1800 @2.41Ghz (2cpus)~2.4ghz
memory- 4096mb ram
intel HD graphics card

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2015
    Processor - Celeron is weak and not meant for gaming. Though at 2.41 GHz dual core, that's not the weakest I've seen be able to play the game. It will cause bottlenecks, though. Processors cannot typically be upgraded.

Memory - You can play on 4 GB, but it's not ideal when you get up to Patch 1.67 and all EPs. This might be the one thing you can upgrade if your computer (model please?) can take more RAM. Some can, others cannot. It also depends on whether your operating system is 32- or 64-bit.

Intel HD Graphics - Severely limited and again, not meant for gaming.

Instead of trying to upgrade, is a new computer totally out of the question?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    KityKittenMitensKityKittenMitens Posts: 199 Member
    Man igazor you are everywhere, do you man the forums all on your own?
    it can take more ram I looked it up, it has two slots open but only 1 4G card in.
    Operating system - windows 10 home 64-bit (10.0 build 10240)
    System model 19-2113w

No a new computer is not optional. My husband spend $600 on this one and unfortunately it's not perfect.
    Sims does in fact play on medium. I just annoying short burts of lag from weather mostly. Could that be the ram needed? It ran perfect first time I played it with 3 eps. Now I have all but one and a bunch if store cc well mostly world's
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited August 2015
    You have an HP ALL in one. I would advise not playing the sims on this computer. All in ones are not designed to play pc games. All in one's are weaker than laptop and laptops weaker than desktop. You could ruin your all in one playing this game. The games requirements are for mid range gaming desktop. If you continue to play on your all in one I would advise putting a fan in back of the computer

Something worth reading http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Your_Computer_is_Like_a_Car
  • Options
    My computer has never gotten hot idk what you are talking about. Yes it is an all in one. But from what I can see it has vents that sick air on the top and bottom and I've never had it get hot. Heck it barley ever does that buffer moter loading noise like once every few hrs. Like maybe on start up then it stops or if I change a town it will but it's silent and there isn't any overheating. Gosh where do ppl keep there comps? In a cubby? I've actually never had anything but a lap top overheat on Sims
  • Options
    Well I can only give you advice if you dont want to take that advice your choice
  • Options
    Ty for the advice. But I'm not having heating issues. I even turned on my comp temp reader in screen. I take very good care of my comp opening it and dusting it once a month. And preteen that and the freezing temp of my house (hubby keeps house at 71F) I'm sure my comps getting plenty ofor cold air that it probably won't overheat unless I go bananas on it and run a bunch of stuff
  • Options
    This was merely a lag issue. Like tiny itty bitty lag. I was simply wondering it if was a ram issue or a graphics issue. Or something else
  • Options
    Its so you dont have heating issues. I dont have heating issues on my laptop though its better to keep a cooler on it. I however have a laptop that is designed for PC gaming so it has a really good cooling system to begin with I keep a fan on my tablet too. Tablets and all in ones do not have proper cooling for pc gaming the way a gaming laptop and desktop do. Games designed specifically for pc that have gaming computer specs like the sims 3 need to be played on a proper gaming pc. One designed to handle the game
  • Options
    Ik. I'm using a basic office home use comp for gaming. I can't expect perfection. I will save up for an alienware. But until then all I want to know is if I upgrade my ram will it remove the tiny bit of lag? And when I mean tiny it's very small it's usually silly things like changing that they lag on
  • Options
    Also would uninstalling eps help the lag? Such as I'd I Uninstaller supernatural, seasons and showtime. Would that help?
  • Options
    You dont need alienware its an overpriced Dell. You can get computers with much better specs and reputation if going for a gaming laptop Like Asus Rog or MSI. If you go for a desktop you can ask chesterbigbird send them a pm and they can build you a custom desktop on line which is the best way to go if buying a desktop

Im not sure that your ram is upgradeable It would say so but Im not seeing that Will double check with @chesterbigbird op wast to know if they can add more ram. Im not seeing that that they are able to. This is op's computer. Thanks http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Black-19-2113w-All-In-One-Desktop-PC-with-Intel-Celeron-J1800-Processor-4GB-Memory-19.45-HD-Monitor-500GB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-8.1/36561197
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I've opened it up and there are two ram slots. Ine in . One empty. I've seen others upgrade there's so I'm assuming it is possible. But go ahead and ask an expert.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I can build a comp. Ik where all the pieces go, I unfortunately know nothing if how a comp works though. Only the basics. My brother made comps so I learned how to build. But I was to young to grasp anything else. (Lucky me lol) that's why I came here to ask what I needed to do to fix lag currently uninstalling those eps. I asked about to see if that helps
  • Options
    I've opened it up and there are two ram slots. In in . One empty. I've seen others upgrade there's so I'm assuming it is possible. But go ahead and ask an expert.

If your computer ram is upgradeable you will probably have to replace all your ram sticks. They all should be same make and model. Double check with chester when they come on the forum

As far as building ask chester. In general gaming desktops get a little more tetchy than the average computer. I understand them (accept for windows 8.1 microsoft's disater LOL ) but never built one. I had chester build my sons custom desktop on line. You can go through places like cyberpower tell them what hardware you want . They will build it for you. Chester will do computer configurations on line at cyberpower. They do a good job at custom and no tax outside of california
  • Options
    Ohhh. Hmm. Well if adding more ram doesn't work. Then I'll have hubby look into having chester build me one for our anniversary :D
  • Options
    Ohhh. Hmm. Well if adding more ram doesn't work. Then I'll have hubby look into having chester build me one for our anniversary :D

I dont know that the ram will help and if you can upgrade it is it worth buying all new ram sticks if it does not work. You still have an integrated video card not made for gaming and the cpu is a little low but like igazor said not the lowest we have seen. With this game you need a strong cpu 2.4 ghz or better. A higher end ( not the highest) AMD or Nvidia video card and preferably 8gb of ram.

Wait for chester to come on the forum. They are in a different times zone and can give you advice what to do
  • Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    Replacing the graphics card will help. Your Intel's absolutely not suitable for this game. Inlet card is excellent for handling office programs but nothing more. Unfortunately, the new card requires theses new power supply. Of course more RAM will help but without replace the card - the effect will be negligible.
    Sorry for my poor English
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    Hmm. Okay. I see. But if I replace it. And lower the setting in game will that help? I'll look into a new comp. But currently this is all I have
  • Options
    Hmm. Okay. I see. But if I replace it. And lower the setting in game will that help? I'll look into a new comp. But currently this is all I have

you can't upgrade the video card because your computer is an all in one. Like laptops they are not upgradeable accept some the ram can be upgraded. why custom desktop is the way to go and much more powerful than laptop.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2015
    I didn't realize we were talking about an all-in-one, and no of course you cannot replace the integrated graphics in one of those. As for RAM, it doesn't matter how many slots you have. Processor/system board combinations also determine the limit of how much RAM can be handled. This one will go as high as 8 GB according to its specs, so that's some good news. As we've both said, that might help (it certainly can't hurt) provided you have the 64-bit version of your Win 8 operating system which you probably do, and the computer's performance will likely benefit in other ways from the additional memory as time goes on. But that doesn't mean your game's current lag is going to be impacted much or at all.

The itty bit of lag you are getting now is probably due to the lack of the game's optimization, we all get that to some extent, combined with your processor just beginning to not handle things well. This will not improve over time.

As for the potential overheating issue, @phoebebebe13 doesn't need anyone to vouch for her assessments, but since you are already playing in a relatively low temperature environment maybe we could just phrase this a different way. Regularly playing a game like TS3 with all or almost all EPs is going to stress a machine like this out more than it needs to be and will take years off of its expected lifespan.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Well years is okay. Lol it will be outdated in a few anyways. As for the ram. Ty for telling me it takes only 8 gb. I will be looking into that since I've been told comparable ones are under $70
    I'll save up for a custom built. For eight now I'm untinstalling most eps and cc to help the lag
  • Options
    Well years is okay. Lol it will be outdated in a few anyways. As for the ram. Ty for telling me it takes only 8 gb. I will be looking into that since I've been told comparable ones are under $70
    I'll save up for a custom built. For eight now I'm untinstalling most eps and cc to help the lag

Your computer comes with ram HP more than likely put in there that is generic. You should not mix ram sticks so if you are going to replace your ram get 2 sticks of 4 gb of the same make and model. Corsair , Kingston, gskill
  • Options
    Couldn't I just get one 8gb to replace the one 4gb
  • Options
    edited August 2015

You should have it running in dual channel 4gb x2 and they should be same make and model and I would go with a good major brand of ram like I mentioned above. Let me get chester. They are trying to fix their windows 10
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited August 2015
    It depends on the motherboard.. you cannot just stick any ram in there,
    Best way to find out is to download crucial system scanner :
    http://www.crucial.com/
    It will provide you a list of compatible upgrades, But i really do not think adding more ram will make a difference when it comes to the game, Its your integrated graphics that is the culprit.
    Your all in one is just not meant for any type of gaming other then LIGHT gaming apps.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide