Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twin Towns by jillbg

jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
I've created a huge world, Twin Towns. You can find it on my blog, just click on the link.
There are in total 160 lots (the houses are all EA's - just redecorated to avoid bad CC);

– 80 community lots

– 70 residential lots and 10 lots without buildings

– 54 households (CC free) that you can download separately on the exchange or in bundles from here.

CC not included:
- CAW set by Sandy on Around The Sims3 (Phonebooths, bus shelters, parkmeters, mailboxes etc... all the items are used. Just empty space if not installed.)
- Flags by Lisen on MTS (TS3 default green flag shows if not installed)

This world is huge, so there are subways and Llamas to facilitate travelling. It's separated into two towns - the thriving city Falls Harbor and the "suburb" Fairview Heights.

World information: 146.22 MB It plays smoothly on a high end computer.
screenshot-4.jpg?
screenshot-37.jpg?w=900&h=540
screenshot-35.jpg?w=900&h=540
NymlADp.jpg
Post edited by jillbg on

Comments

• Options
    Some pictures from Falls Harbor:
    falls-harbor-by-night.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    chc3a2teau-richebois1.jpg?w=2556&h=1596
    screenshot-116-2.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    3a-02-botanical-garden1.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    3a-02-botanical-garden.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    falls-bay-04.jpg?w=2556&h=1533
    5f-e28093-11-ocean-vista-resort1.jpg?w=2556&h=1533
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Some pictures from Fairview Heights:
    screenshot-132.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    2j-e28093-03-the-green-thumb.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    2f-e28093-01a-old-olive-tree-park.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    farmlands.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    screenshot-16.jpg?w=2556&h=1533
    farmlands1.jpg?w=1000&h=625
    the-bayou.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    screenshot-305.jpg?w=1000&h=625
    twin-towns-view62.jpg?w=2556&h=1533
    5c-e28093-02-the-haunted-mill.jpg?w=2556&h=1533
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    It looks very nice, I've had it installed for some time, but I havent gotten around to really playing in it yet, next time I start a new game in a big town, I'll try and remember to pick this one :)
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I wish I still had TS3 so I could download Twin Towns <3
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    SimKeats wrote: »
    It looks very nice, I've had it installed for some time, but I havent gotten around to really playing in it yet, next time I start a new game in a big town, I'll try and remember to pick this one :)
    @SimKeats When you do, keep me updated with some pictures! :) I love to see what the players do in my world!
    Esine wrote: »
    I wish I still had TS3 so I could download Twin Towns <3
    @Esine I can't believe you've abandoned TS3 for TS4? ;) I'm happy you like the pictures, we can just hope for EA to give us a TS4 CAW... And I love your Siggy - is it Britt Ekland?

NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    No but Britt Ekland is gorgeous!!! My siggy is Anita Ekberg in La Dolce Vita <3

Haha no I didn't abandon my beloved TS3. My poopoo laptop couldn't handle it anymore :'( But I do love all Sim games equally... sorta.... it's a complicated relationship haha :D
  • Options
    @Esine You scared me for a little while! ;) But it's horrible to try to play and have a game that freezes all the time! Just bought a new laptop for the holidays, and I'm really enjoying playing TS3 on it. :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    I'm glad you are able to still enjoy the game :relaxed:

Do share some screenies if you wish whenever as I enjoy seeing TS3 creativity :star: Love your siggy btw.
  • Options
    MysticOstrich08MysticOstrich08 Posts: 701 Member
    Absolutely amazing world! <3
    tROiX0l.gif

My Threads

My Creation Thread
  • Options
    Absolutely amazing world! <3
    @MysticOstrich08 Thank you! I'm so glad you like it! :)

NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited July 2015
    is that a stadium rh :o ? Behind the school? Even the school doesn't seem familiar...did they come with ITF? Gosh its been so long i keep forgetting things...

NVM Found it in Aurora Skies
  • Options
    geminiagre wrote: »
    is that a stadium rh :o ? Behind the school? Even the school doesn't seem familiar...did they come with ITF? Gosh its been so long i keep forgetting things...

NVM Found it in Aurora Skies
    @geminiagre You're right about the stadium, and the school is from Sunlight Shores! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    slugbuggslugbugg Posts: 80 Member
    Hi jillbg!
    I was just wondering if your Grey Witches are included in the bundle download and your world is awesome and I have it downloaded but haven't had the chance to play it.
  • Options
    @slugbugg I'm happy you've downloaded Twin Towns, and I hope you'll enjoy playing it when you get the time, but the Grey's aren't included, as they are the heroes in my story The Grey Witches...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks!
    I fully understand, I have been keeping up with their story and it is fantastic. Are you a novelist because it would surely be one that I would buy. Hopefully I will get to play in the world soon.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Hi! it looks great, my bad that I don´t have Supernatural and ITF but I will download it for some time when I feel in the mood to work it around and change anything I need to play it with my ítems. Thank you for sharing
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    slugbugg wrote: »
    Thanks!
    I fully understand, I have been keeping up with their story and it is fantastic. Are you a novelist because it would surely be one that I would buy. Hopefully I will get to play in the world soon.
    @slugbugg I'm really glad you like The Grey Witches. Next chapter will be up before Sunday! :)
    junceda wrote: »
    Hi! it looks great, my bad that I don´t have Supernatural and ITF but I will download it for some time when I feel in the mood to work it around and change anything I need to play it with my ítems. Thank you for sharing
    @junceda You don't need ITF to play, it's still the only EP I don't own yet... But Supernatural is rather important, as some of the habitants are werewolves... I guess there'll soon be another sale so we all can get the EP's we're missing! :)

NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Hi jillbg!
    I loaded your world and was looking around and I can't seem to find the vault of antiquity or the arboretum. I would appreciate it if you could tell me where they are.
  • Options
    @slugbugg Hi! There aren't any vault of antiquity, nor arboretum... :'( But there are empty lots so you can let you inspiration flow! :) I hope you'll enjoy playing in Twin Towns, and if there are any issues, just leave me a message here or on my blog, and I'll try to help you as soon as I can! :)

I can see you're a new member, so If you write an before the name, the person will get notified (and you'll get a badge...) It's quite handy, especially when you leave multiple messages on the forum! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Hey! Thanks for getting back to me so quick. I'm actually not a new member, I have no idea how ea or orgin thinks that I am. I have had an account at least back to the sims2. But I have been playing the sims and have all since the first sims came out back in the 90's. I think that's when it first started. But thanks again.
  • Options
    Blooming_LilacBlooming_Lilac Posts: 241 Member
    edited November 2015
    @jillbg - Your world is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it. I have Into The Future. Would I be able to play in Twin Towns without any issues if I don't have many SPs? The only one I own is High End Loft. Thanks in advance for any help. :smile:

EDIT: My apologies. I went to your site and saw that the world includes quite a few items I don't own.
  • Options
    Don't apologize, @Blooming_Lilac I don't think it would be a problem to play in Twin Towns, the items you don't have will just be replaced by others... Keep me updated!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Blooming_LilacBlooming_Lilac Posts: 241 Member
    Thank you, @jillbg - I'll download it and see how it goes. :smile:
  • Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    Hi @jillbg :).
    I love the look of this world.
    I did see some flags in one of the pictures from Fairview Heights, american flags. I have never seen those in my games and just wanted to check with you if there's ANY CC in this world at all?
    Because I would really love to play in it, but I don't want CC anywhere near my game :).
    IF there is CC, do you happen to have a CC free version instead?
    Cheers for a fantastic looking piece of work on this!
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    @dolpineQ I'm sorry I didn't get notified of your post until now! I've used the following CC items, but they're not included in the world. Up to you if you want to add them!
    The flags are from MTS by Lisen:
    3c-e28093-04-falls-harbor-city-hall.jpg
    2f-e28093-01a-old-olive-tree-park.jpg
    If not installed the TS3 default flag will show:
    screenshot-73.jpg
    Screenshot-19_zpszhnulx0e.jpg

I've also used a set from Around The Sims, with bus shelters, parkmeters, phonebooths and mail boxes... Not replaced if not installed! Just empty surface...
    Newspaperstand, parkmeters and parking sign:
    screenshot-20.jpg
    Bus shelters and signs:
    3h-e28093-04-come-undone-private-club.jpg
    Phonebooths:
    4n-e28093-02-highrise-playground.jpg

These ojects come from trusted creators, are tested and there's no harm within these items, but I can understand it if you're opposed to CC...
    NymlADp.jpg