Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    I missed the voting teases somewhere .. my first sub I am not banking on anything (no one really knows me LOL) but still in looking. We are hiking on the mountain today so I will have to look much later :) Good luck to all who submitted!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    I missed the voting teases somewhere .. my first sub I am not banking on anything (no one really knows me LOL) but still in looking. We are hiking on the mountain today so I will have to look much later :) Good luck to all who submitted!

@lisabee2 There was an additional day added to the voting so results won't be posted until tomorrow now :blush: And as for people knowing you, I promise that's not what voting is about on these challenges :blush: There have been several people who've placed in the past who are first-time participants! :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016

@lisabee2 There was an additional day added to the voting so results won't be posted until tomorrow now :blush: And as for people knowing you, I promise that's not what voting is about on these challenges :blush: There have been several people who've placed in the past who are first-time participants! :)

LOL then I shall go off quietly today ... I did not see the extension. AND please know I am in no way saying favoritism is at play at all .. but writing styles differ and lots who post in here have familiar styles that people know and love. Mine is very different (I guess) cause the forum has not been crazy about me (I have about 4 who read) ... no licking my wounds here just hard facts from the stats page .. I get lots of reads from FB (pitooey pitooey in here LOl) so I am not an unhappy writer at all :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member

LOL then I shall go off quietly today ... I did not see the extension. AND please know I am in no way saying favoritism is at play at all .. but writing styles differ and lots who post in here have familiar styles that people know and love. Mine is very different (I guess) cause the forum has not been crazy about me (I have about 4 who read) ... no licking my wounds here just hard facts from the stats page .. I get lots of reads from FB (pitooey pitooey in here LOl) so I am not an unhappy writer at all :)

@lisabee2 - I can relate, actually. I'm not one of the super active ones on the forums and my stories have VERY few readers. My writing style is different; I tend to write romance but some would probably think it's too mushy. LOL! I'm also a bit of a sad-sack; sad things often happen to my characters and I delve into deep emotions, such as grief and sorrow. I'm not a "dark" storyteller, which many gravitate toward that flavor. Basically, I'm not very popular or well known around here so there are times I feel kinda intimidated.

I enjoy your stories very much, so you've definitely got a faithful reader in me. :)
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited July 2016
    Never mind. Posted in wrong thread!
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options

I think advertising your story would help you get readers! :blush: I don't think it's necessarily your writing style, just maybe people aren't aware that you have a story/how to find it? A signature or forum thread would help a lot! :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member

@lisabee2 - I can relate, actually. I'm not one of the super active ones on the forums and my stories have VERY few readers. My writing style is different; I tend to write romance but some would probably think it's too mushy. LOL! I'm also a bit of a sad-sack; sad things often happen to my characters and I delve into deep emotions, such as grief and sorrow. I'm not a "dark" storyteller, which many gravitate toward that flavor. Basically, I'm not very popular or well known around here so there are times I feel kinda intimidated.

I enjoy your stories very much, so you've definitely got a faithful reader in me. :)

Hehe, and here I am starting a very dark, very mature legacy story here soon with supernaturals. XD Though I tend to write within the romance, dark and general legacy categories... I normally soften my stuff a LOT for forum readers, but this new legacy story is going way more into my normal realm of darkness. :3
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    [quote="SilentWolf101;149878
    Hehe, and here I am starting a very dark, very mature legacy story here soon with supernaturals. XD Though I tend to write within the romance, dark and general legacy categories... I normally soften my stuff a LOT for forum readers, but this new legacy story is going way more into my normal realm of darkness. :3 [/quote]

Hey, sometimes it's therapeutic to indulge your dark side. If that's your thing, go for it. Yeah, something like that would be better off on a blog since the forums censor things like language and stuff. All my stories are on my blogs but I put warnings on each and every post just to cover my keyster. I'm a big Stephen King fan so dark stories don't bother me. :)
  • Options
    Hehe, and here I am starting a very dark, very mature legacy story here soon with supernaturals. XD Though I tend to write within the romance, dark and general legacy categories... I normally soften my stuff a LOT for forum readers, but this new legacy story is going way more into my normal realm of darkness. :3

Hey, sometimes it's therapeutic to indulge your dark side. If that's your thing, go for it. Yeah, something like that would be better off on a blog since the forums censor things like language and stuff. All my stories are on my blogs but I put warnings on each and every post just to cover my keyster. I'm a big Stephen King fan so dark stories don't bother me. :)

Lol, I hear ya. My mom said I couldn't read Stephen King... But I still love the dark side. :3 I keep everything story-wise outside of the forums, because even in my most chill stories, some characters like to curse. Besides, I don't like how other people's comments can get in between chapters of the story. :P My dark stories (none of which are simlit) all go on my Writer's Cafe account, but just this once I'll do a dark simlit on my personal blog. :)
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    Raven_CatRaven_Cat Posts: 74 Member
    I wrote something, got the screenshots, and promptly remembered I was still a new member. Hopefully I'll be able to submit mine before the end of the month, but no guarantees. I love reading everyone's stories though! They're all so unique
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    @Raven_Cat We're rooting for you! :) You could always start a free blog (like wordpress or blogger or tumblr) and post it there, then give enough info for someone who can post links to find it and link it for you? It would be a shame if you couldn't share it after all the work you did.
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    @Thymeless Thanks! I'll keep that in mind as it is on my blog.
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Yes, @Raven_Cat If you already have it posted on your blog feel free to go ahead and share. I know you can't actually post links, but could you tell me the name of or how to find your blog?
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    And also @Raven_Cat and @Thymeless you both have plenty of points, so I think as soon as you have 30 posts you will be members! :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Raven_Cat wrote: »
    @Thymeless Thanks! I'll keep that in mind as it is on my blog.

Raven, you can just share the link by taking out the http:// ! In other words, just write for us all of the link except the http:// and we can copy/paste to find it! Then Carewren can add it to the list, too!

And welcome! :) It's always so exciting to have new writers submit a story! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Lol, I hear ya. My mom said I couldn't read Stephen King... But I still love the dark side. :3 I keep everything story-wise outside of the forums, because even in my most chill stories, some characters like to curse. Besides, I don't like how other people's comments can get in between chapters of the story. :P My dark stories (none of which are simlit) all go on my Writer's Cafe account, but just this once I'll do a dark simlit on my personal blog. :)

I didn't become a Stephen King fan until I was in my late 20's. Once I got into his books, though, I devoured them. LOL! His stuff can scare the patns off you and there was one book that even gave me bad dreams for a while. LMAO! When you're allowed to read him, I'd give him a try. You'd probably like him. :)

I'm with you. A lot of my characters curse and some traumatic things happen in my stories. My characters often say things I never would to anyone and I find it therapeutic. :)

I don't have a writer's cafe but have heard some good things about it. I write other stuff besides Simlit but I save that to try to get published in things like magazines. I'm also working on a book that needs a HUGE overhaul. My Simlit is the only thing I write and publish on the internet, aside from a book blog where I talk about what I've read. That thing hasn't seen the light of day in a SUPER long time. LOL!
  • Options

I didn't become a Stephen King fan until I was in my late 20's. Once I got into his books, though, I devoured them. LOL! His stuff can scare the patns off you and there was one book that even gave me bad dreams for a while. LMAO! When you're allowed to read him, I'd give him a try. You'd probably like him. :)

I'm with you. A lot of my characters curse and some traumatic things happen in my stories. My characters often say things I never would to anyone and I find it therapeutic. :)

I don't have a writer's cafe but have heard some good things about it. I write other stuff besides Simlit but I save that to try to get published in things like magazines. I'm also working on a book that needs a HUGE overhaul. My Simlit is the only thing I write and publish on the internet, aside from a book blog where I talk about what I've read. That thing hasn't seen the light of day in a SUPER long time. LOL!

Hehe, my mom has a bunch of his books, but she keeps him locked up. She wants me to stay an innocent little angel, like I never was. XD And yeah, most of my founder's back stories are pretty tragic, or they will be going through something tragic very soon. Then again, I'm one of those people who acts cute, but loves to torture her characters. XD It's very theraputic. :3 And I love writers cafe, save for the few scam profiles on there. I'm starting a non-simlit story of my own that I want to get published someday. That stays on my google docs... But the rest of my non-simlit goes on WC.

And now, so as not to seem like we're derailing this thread, good luck to all those who still needs to write their stories or vote for other's!
  • Options
    @SilentWolf101 - I'm sure Stephen King will feel very liberated when he'll be able to come out from being under lock and key. LOL! Haha, if my Mom knew half of what I read as a teenager, she'd probably have had a heart attack. :grin: I was (and still am) into very steamy romance or sometimes I'd be in the mood for a good who-done-it with a bloody, gory mruder. :grin:

I'll often write happy things, like romance and such, but I often beat up on my characters, too. Most of mine have had lives of sorrow in their backstories or they experience tragedy and grief at some point. I explore a lot of emotional reactions for my characters and delve into how they're feeling in a given situation. I do a pretty good job at balancing it though. You gotta have some bad with the good and good with the bad. I'm generally a very cheerful person but I can be a complete sad-sack in my writing at times. LOL!

Yes, good luck to everyone with their stories and getting votes in. Looking forward to seeing the results. Also, @SilentWolf101, I'll look forward to reading your story along with everyone else's for July. :)
  • Options
    putacece4lyfeputacece4lyfe Posts: 1,734 Member
    I have now voted! Thank You @Carewren123 for the extra day. I needed it.

All these stories give me so much inspiration! Though I don't have an idea for this month yet I do have so many ideas for the months I didn't participate in. I wish I could do them all but I don't know if my time will allow it. lol.

Great Job Everyone! I loved all the stories!
    disney-princess-challenge.png

Disney Princess Legacy Challenge Updated: 12/20 | Monthly Short Story Blog: Simming Through the Story Hour Haitus | It's an Olivia Love World Haitus
  • Options
    Thank you, guys! Hopefully it works. It's called Fate

simtalesrs.blogspot.com/2016/07/fate.html
  • Options
    You're welcome @putacece4lyfe !

And @Raven_Cat I did add your story to the front page. :) And here's the link to the story: Fate
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    *waits impatiently for results*

*knows voting is open until midnight*

*still waits*

:tongue:

(By the way, I think it's been a while since I've said it, but thank you @Carewren123 for your work running this competition every month :smiley:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options

WOW <3 I did not know you were reading it .. so now I know 3 of the 4
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Thankfully none of the stories for June were jejune. *applause all around*

(Ah man, I'm hysterical)

well I thought so but I crack me up all the time .. so maybe don't fully rely upon my judgement
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Hehe, here's my submission! I didn't get nearly as many screenshots as I wanted to simply because I quickly realized that I could not do what I wanted. :| But anyways, enjoy! :D
    The Memories
    These memories will always haunt me.

WONDERFUL job in dealing with a difficult issue. My hubby was career military and we knew/know lots of guys who suffer thru PTSD!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger