Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do YOU think?!?!?

Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
What do you YOU think about the pack? Did you like it? Or were you dissapointed?

In my personal opinion I LOVE it, it's probably my second most favorite pack released so far (GTW in 1st) it fits perfectly with my build and play style, and the amount of new gameplay is absolutely amazing! THe furniture/build mode items are spot on, and I hope the sims team keeps up the great work.

Comments

• Options
    Sam6284Sam6284 Posts: 115 Member
    I haven't completely decided yet. I love the long hair for the female sims, and I like the clothes. I enjoy watching them do yoga, but everything else, for the moment is kind of...eh. I haven't played with the furniture yet though, since I'm trying to make it so my sims only add one to two rooms per generation and only update the furniture about the same amount of time and my current generation has hit her limit on both. I'm trying to make it a little challenging on myself. :P
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I love it too. I can't wait to see what else they bring to this game!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    The meditation skill is really cool actually.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I do enjoy the pack a lot. I am disappointed that they didn't give the option for sims to get manicures and pedicures using the massage chair. Sims could recieve a similar moodlet to the sims 3 fresh nails or whatever it was. I just see it as a missed opportunity. Maybe someone can mod it in. Other then that I enjoy this pack.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I love it. Being able to somewhat control my Sim's emotions with the spa items had made the game much more enjoyable. It also gives my Sims a reason to go to a community lot on a day off from work, too.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    I haven't had the time to really dig into it, but I have liked what I have seen so far. I am going to dive into it tomorrow. I am sure that I am gonna love it. I like to use the spa in the Sims 3 in all my towns, so I'm sure this one will become a mainstay for all my Sims 4 towns, as well.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I love the fact that it pairs so well with Outdour Retreat and Perfect Patio. They make sense together.
    I like many aspects of it, I can see a lot of attention to detail and care on the making. The one and only problem I have with it is the omission once again of new aspirations and traits.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    edited July 2015
    I can safely say it's my favourite, mostly because of the buy items (this latest build patch also came at the right time - it perfectly complements Spa Day).
    I only wish they had included lounge chairs...
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I love everything in this pack !!! Thank you EA :)
  • Options
    kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    I love it! The build/buy items are amazing and the spas are such beautiful places, stunning interior, they're the first community lot that I'm getting my Sims to visit on a regular basis, because usually I can't be bothered to leave the house because of loading screens. The yoga classes are really cool to watch. The first time I watched one it actually made me laugh when the yoga instructor went to do a headstand, but none of the sims taking the class were skilled enough to do that yet, and they all fell flat on their butts. Other than that, watching them all move is sync is pretty awesome.

Agreed with the above that it would have been nice if some new traits or even emotions were added in this, for example: "Relaxed" as a new emotion? and "Calm/Carefree" or "Stress-head" traits to complement the new spa items (e.g Stressful Sims become tense more often and would benefit from using the spa items, while Calm sims rarely become tense and excel at yoga and meditation and get better moodlets from them - that sorta thing)

Overall though, what was included in the pack is outstanding :) Great work EA, cant wait to see what else is in store for us.
  • Options
    I would love to have more group activities in the next pack please :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I've been building lately and ended up buying Spa Day yesterday for the build/buy in it. It's pretty spectacular stuff for all sorts of modern design, and using it together with the Outdoor Retreat build/buy is interesting. Looking forward to the gameplay now -- after I'm done building houses with saunas and meditation rooms, etc. :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I love modern design so this pack is fab.
  • Options
    banana_x_xxbanana_x_xx Posts: 41 Member
    I absolutely love it. It is amazing. Perfect place to take your Sims after a stressful day
  • Options
    FiRobbo89FiRobbo89 Posts: 98 Member
    I love it. Especially love the Yoga Classes.
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Well okay, I guess I'll have to go buy it now. I was waiting to see what everyone thought of it first, but you guys talked me into it. It's really what I wanted to hear!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I'm enjoying it so far. I have only played it once. Didn't get a chance to play on Friday when I was able to purchase it. Played for a bit on Saturday. Loved what I saw, made a thread, posted four photos. It's fun.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    simmer4life3simmer4life3 Posts: 105 Member
    I love it so far,,i havent played with all the new things yet so there is alot i havent seen but so far its great...
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I really like it. I have said in more than one thread, the animation of the hand and foot massage is amazing...I am as relaxed as my sim is who is getting it, lol. B)

A thought about a new trait, hippie trait...all things artistic and zen. I would make all my sims hippies, lol.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    skfmyersskfmyers Posts: 159 Member
    I love it. I was afraid I wasn't going to do, but it's become my favourite place to have my Sims go and hang out after work, and I'm not really one to spend a lot of time on community lots.
    "The worst is not, So long as we can say 'This is the worst.'" - Wm. Shakespeare, King Lear, Act IV Scene 1
  • Options
    LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    I personally bought it mainly for the clothing and hair. Overall I really do like having the spas in my world.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am really loving this GP. Hope we will continue to get group activities like yoga class. My sim goes to yoga weekly on Saturdays and it's really a highpoint of the week. The feeling of visiting one of the spas is great as well.

Just wish there could have been a new trait and aspiration in the pack.
  • Options
    MinaMina Posts: 175 Member
    edited July 2015
    I was on the fence for a few days but finally caved and bought it. I'm really enjoying it! But that's mainly because the content included is riiiight up my alley. Yoga, citrus baths, incense, new recipes...not to mention that it comes with some really nice CAS pieces. It's all about preference, I guess. I like that it offers gameplay that you can implement into your sims' everyday lives.
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I've been building lately and ended up buying Spa Day yesterday for the build/buy in it. It's pretty spectacular stuff for all sorts of modern design, and using it together with the Outdoor Retreat build/buy is interesting. Looking forward to the gameplay now -- after I'm done building houses with saunas and meditation rooms, etc. :)

Do you think is worth 19 bucks? I am almost buying but is so expensive right now for me, just traveled and so on, do you imagine it will go on sale soon? I am undecided if I buy or not.
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Mina wrote: »
    I was on the fence for a few days but finally caved and bought it. I'm really enjoying it! But that's mainly because the content included is riiiight up my alley. Yoga, citrus baths, incense, new recipes...not to mention that it comes with some really nice CAS pieces. It's all about preference, I guess. I like that it offers gameplay that you can implement into your sims' everyday lives.

Argh, you are tempting me!