Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open Neighbourhood feature/hint ! (possibilities, i hope its real!)

simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
This image referred from simscommunity twitter... maybe its a hint ? If its real, its the best thing i can expect so far. Or at least, we can see sims going in and out from neighbour houses. Having an active instead of empty looking neighbours. xD

CJRNPrsWUAAk_Hg.jpg:large
Post edited by simsilver on

Comments

• Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    The developers have stated that with the current game engine, open world is impossible in TS4.
  • Options
    lyra wrote: »
    The developers have stated that with the current game engine, open world is impossible in TS4.

Open neighbourhood & open world aren't the same thing.

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I saw this today but for some reason I thought it was an old pre-launch picture. But I see pools so clearly that wasn't the case. Does anyone where this picture came from?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    simsilver wrote: »

We do have semi open neighborhoods now. I'm not sure what you're referring to - being able to visit a neighbor's lot without a loading screen? If so, I really doubt they can change a core feature of the game like that.
  • Options

We do have semi open neighborhoods now. I'm not sure what you're referring to - being able to visit a neighbor's lot without a loading screen? If so, I really doubt they can change a core feature of the game like that.

The picture shows a woman gardening but she's on a different lot. The picture is showing stuff happening on other lots
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    If that was possible then it would be good and bad. Good because yay open neighborhoods bad because SimCity can't be offline mode. :tired_face:
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I saw this today but for some reason I thought it was an old pre-launch picture. But I see pools so clearly that wasn't the case. Does anyone where this picture came from?

I saw official sims twitter posted this on July 5th. Still new.
  • Options

I saw official sims twitter posted this on July 5th. Still new.

I wonder if it will be announced on the upcoming patch.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes we had a discussion the other day.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/842319/sim-on-inactive-lot/p1
    Picture is from the french forum.. a guru posted it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    To me, it looks like a render :/ they're always rendering things that aren't possible in-game. I don't think it means anything :'(
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited July 2015
    I see this all the time. Particularly from bargain bend in willow creek. In fact I see several sims watering community plants from other households. This is no hint at anything.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    I see it as a possibility for open neighborhood too.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I see this all the time. Particularly from bargain bend in willow creek. In fact I see several sims watering community plants from other households. This is no hint at anything.

They're not thinking it's a community area, they're thinking it's an in-active home lot. That's why it's confusing...
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »

We don't think this is a community lot.. that's the point
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Even if it's a community lot, it doesn't matter does it? The point is it's not a public space, it's another lot and a sim is gardening on it. You can't say that this has always been a feature that you can see people doing things on there lots when you play as another because it's been one of the missing features people have been upset about since the beginning of the Sims 4.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    To me, it looks like a render :/ they're always rendering things that aren't possible in-game. I don't think it means anything :'(

I agree. Open neighborhoods would be amazing... like seeing your neighbors take out the trash, or a pool party going on next door. I'd fall in love and get off this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 fence already but let me not dream too much.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd love to be able to visit my neighbors house without hitting a load screen.
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited July 2015
    I remember that house. Isn't that what they showed when they announced pools?
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    I remember that house. Isn't that what they showed when they announced pools?

It looks like it, and the one next door looks like Oakenstead. :)
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Hopefully it's a hint for open neighborhoods.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah I saw it in another thread. I hope we get open neighborhood. I haven't experienced it in my game yet, but I think another Simmer did.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

We already have "open neighborhoods". An "open world" would open all the house in the hood but they said an open world was not possible.

That is one of those NPC gardeners that float around caring for neighborhood plants. Someone needs to do a zoom and post it. Those cloths are not even in CAS. I zoomed in but don't know how to post the image here. It says it's to large.
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

We already have "open neighborhoods". An "open world" would open all the house in the hood but they said an open world was not possible.

That is one of those NPC gardeners that float around caring for neighborhood plants. Someone needs to do a zoom and post it. Those cloths are not even in CAS. I zoomed in but don't know how to post the image here. It says it's to large.

You got it wrong.

We don't have open neighborhoods as it doesn't load all the lots. If there were open neighbourhoods in Sims 4, we would be able to interact more and see more while in the hood.

The girl was wearing stuff from CAS. She wasn't wearing the NPC gardener uniform.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    This image referred from simscommunity twitter... maybe its a hint ? If its real, its the best thing i can expect so far. Or at least, we can see sims going in and out from neighbour houses. Having an active instead of empty looking neighbours. xD

CJRNPrsWUAAk_Hg.jpg:large
    this is a old picture from the pools patch.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited July 2015
    Ok guys guys, come on, this is clearly a hint for toddlers, pets, and seasons.

But really, it would be cool if they'd open up the neighborhoods a bit more. I'm seriously doubting that's going to happen and am thinking this picture means nothing at all, but it would be nice.