Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**Villa Thalassa - A Greek Inspired Luxury Home by Petalbot

petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 3 Builders
Happy Summer! I just shared a new lot to the exchange, but I’m a day late with my picture tour. It’s a Greek inspired build, with the exterior based on a real life structure (The Sky Villa in Anguilla). I was researching the elements of Greek architecture, when I came across it and I just had to build it! The landscaping, floorplan and interiors are completely of my own design and it was a rough go with interior design. White is hard to work with as a dominant color in The Sims (the shadows and blooming are difficult to control, but I tried my darndest hardest to do it (texture, invisible lights and intensity adjustment are my friends, LOL). I found the Greek style interiors to be a challenge as well. I tried my hardest to embody it (lots of white, simple, clean, crisp, homey, artful, minimalist without being as minimalist as Japanese minimalism).

Anyhow, the home features 3 beds and 3 baths, private balconies for the children’s and master bedroom, a rec room and more. The home is located in Isla Paradiso on the Flats at Fire Island (island with the one 50X50 lot). The home is playtested and contains NO CC or CAP. Now on with the tour.

frontcover.png

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8686230

front.jpg

propenter.jpg
Since the pool area is the first thing sims will encounter when they enter the property, we’ll start with some of the outdoor areas.

pavilion.jpg

outdine.jpg

outkitchen1.jpg

outkitchen2.jpg

out3.jpg

pool1.jpg

pool2.jpg

pool3.jpg

hottub.jpg

out1.jpg

pool4.jpg

out2.jpg
Stairs lead to the outdoor bar area and also lead to the dining room entrance.

bar1.jpg
Time to take a look inside.

living.jpg

todining.jpg

dining.jpg

kitchen2.jpg

kitchen1.jpg

kitchen4.jpg

kitchen3.jpg

family1.jpg

family2.jpg

family3.jpg
Family room opens to the small back patio.

paint.jpg
Family room opens to the rec room.

rec1.jpg

rec2.jpg

rec3.jpg

gbed1.jpg

gbed2.jpg

gbed3.jpg
Guest Bedroom exits into a hallway which has an entry out into the pool area.

gbedexit.jpg
Now up the stairs.

landing.jpg

cbed1.jpg

cbed2.jpg

cbed3.jpg
Enclosed spiral staircase leads down to the pool area.

staircbed.jpg
Now back inside and upstairs and down the hall that leads to the master bedroom.

mbedhall.jpg

mbed1.jpg

mbed2.jpg
Through the door and to the master bathroom.

mbath.jpg
Back into the master bedroom.

mbed3.jpg

mbed4.jpg
Enclosed spiral staircase leads down to the pool area.

stairmbed.jpg
And that concludes the tour.

distance.jpg

Thank you for taking the tour and I hope you enjoyed it! Have a pleasant evening. :)

Major Eps & SPs used: Seasons, Late Night, World Adventures, Ambitions, Showtime, University, Island Paradise, Pets, Generations, Outdoor Living Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff

Minor Eps & SPs: Into the Future=glass fence (can use base game glass fence or the Store's Bauhaus fence as a substitute) Town Life Stuff= towel

Store Items:
Everything is listed on the exchange is correct except that it left out a few items.

Lucky Palms World: Clearstory Rectangular Window (Not essential to the structure, just an extra detail to the very top of the home. If you don't have lucky palms, just delete whatever window the game replaces it with)

Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts Venue: Sharper Edge Skylights Part I (not essential to the structure, but a nice detail to have)

BahHaus: BahHaus Fantasy Arch, Bauhaus Window, Super Tall Window by BahHaus

Haute Hip: Haute Hip Window Collection V.1

Muse Luxury: Artemis Temple Frieze, Athena's olive tree, Grecian Chair, Grecian Coffee Table, Dionysus sofa, Aphrodite's End Table, Apollo's Lyre

Olympian Physique Venue: Greek Pitcher, Greek Urn, Grecian Towels

Sun, Sand & Surf: Getaway Beach Chair

Live, Laugh, Love: Blooming Garden

Mid Century Modern Kitchen: Murano Metro and Ripe Fruit Bowl

Mid Century Modern Dining: Fab Ficus Tree

Mid Century Fantasy: Italian Starburst Mirror

Ultra Lounge Living: Super Sim Television DLX, Theo's Contempo Coffee Table

Hollywood Regency Den: Le Ecoute Moderne Chess Table

Glitter and Glam Bedroom: Lovely Luminosity

Bayside Kitchen: Practical Al’s Kitchen Cart

Bayside Laundry: Bayside Hamper

Haute Haciends Dining: Desert Oasis floral Vase

Mediterranean Life Kitchen: Vineyard Vittles Shelf

Zen Again: Reach for the Heavens flowers

I heart the 50's Laundry (loads of laundry): Ginchiest Sink

sigg.gif

Post edited by petalbot on

Comments

• Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    O my word! It's GORGEOUS! A must have for sure! <3<3 The build and levels look amazing! Heading over to grab it for my game now! DRF for sure! So glad such FAB builds are still being done in TS3!
  • Options
    GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    Well this has to be one of the most beautiful builds I have seen. from you. :o WOW. You certainly managed the white decor with it's cool blue touches, the place is amazing. I want to live there. Every photo is perfect too. I love how you captured the pool and spa looking like infinity pools merging with the ocean. So very well done, you must be very pleased with yourself, congratulations on a magnificent build, off to rec and download :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Villa Thalassa is such a very nice home! :) The exterior of the home and the outdoors areas looks so very nice! Very nice layout of the build! The white colour scheme of the build, both indoors and outside looks so very nice! The pool and outdoors cooking and dining areas are so very nice! Sims will have such nice views when outdoors! The pictures that you have taken of your build are so very nice! Very nice poolside loungers sitting area! Sims will enjoy spending time outdoors at the home, dining and resting on the seating, enjoying the sunshine and outdoors air. The furnishing of the interior of the home looks so very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the windows through the build, creating a very nice light filled home. where sims can enjoy the sunshine coming in as well as looking out through them at the outside views. The white of the walls and furnishings looks so very nice and creates such a very nice look and feel! Very nice dining room! The design of the kitchen is very nice! The touches of blue there create a nice look with the white. It looks great how you have done the nectar racks! Very nice art nook on the back patio. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there, with nice flowers and plants surrounding them. It looks very nice how you have placed the pictures on the walls in the rooms through the build! The way you have placed them at the different levels creates a very nice look! The upstairs hopscotch patio is nice! The giraffe, teddy and duck look cute in the kids bedroom! Each of the bedrooms look so nice! The blue touches in them and through the home are very nice.
    Each of the rooms and areas through the build both indoors and outside are so very nice! The build has a very calm, restful and peaceful look and feel! :)
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Villa Thalassa is absolutely stunning stunning Petalbot, so crisp and clean and so very detailed love it! Can I take my summer vacation here??? Rec'd and Fav'd and will so be DLing to take a tour!
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Absolutely beautiful. Just perfect splashes of colour and wood to add warmth and such great placement of objects. Rec'd and downloaded.
  • Options
    @romagi1 Thank you so much for the DRF! The Sims 3 has too many great features for me to stop playing it, so I shall keep on creating for it and I still have so much to try out. :)

@Glenkarri Thank you for the sweet comments! :)

@rosemow Thanks for taking time to stop by and your continued support of the TS3 creative corner. I always enjoy reading your comments and love how you notice all the details! Hugs! :)

@MeaganJo Thanks! You can vacation there if you please! *hands ticket to Isla Paradiso over* :)

@soocoolsim Thanks! I'm looking forward to your next build! :)
    sigg.gif

• Options
    Jen1129Jen1129 Posts: 267 Member
    I think you did a great job capturing the essence of a Greek style home. Very beautiful!
  • Options
    @Jen1129 Thank you so much for your kind comment! :)
    sigg.gif

• Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    How beautiful! It looks so restful! Red'd!
  • Options
    rikidogrikidog Posts: 2 New Member
    Absolutely amazing! It's incredibly how friendly and inviting the home looks despite the almost all white decor. I love the roof line too. Anything less varied might have looked lonely on that island, but your build looks like a village unto itself. I love it and I'm taking notes. (I always have trouble breaking out of perfect symmetry)
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    Very nice. Minimalism meets luxury, and then comes this beautiful villa.
  • Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    Very impressive. Good job with the architecture! It looks very relaxing. :)
  • Options
    moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    This house is awesome! Great job!
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• Options
    Sorry for the late reply. My brother who lives in Japan came to visit last week, so I didn't get much Simming time in.

@TarynTempestwind Thank you so much! I'm really looking forward to you next build. Lake town is amazing! :)

@rikidog Thanks! I'm so glad the home looks inviting. I was definitely going for that. Symmetry is a good way can be a good way to balance things. Balancing asymmetrical structures can be difficult. Asymmetry can lead to more interesting structures. Just practice. Some of the world's masterpieces in architecture are symmetrical (the
    Taj Mahal for example) though. Symmetry has a more formal feel about it, so it's really more about what your after. Asymmetrical isn't always better.

@Icy_Lava Thank you! :)

@xXAngelicEvilXx Thanks! :)

Thank you so much for the comment @moonandsixpens and Hail to the open world system! :)
    sigg.gif

• Options
    NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    Wow!! It's beautiful!! I love it you did an amazing job, got it rec'd and fav'd.
  • Options
    littlebirdielittlebirdie Posts: 38 Member
    THAT IS GORGEOUS! It makes me want to make an Aphrodite or another Greek goddess sim for them to live there! <3
  • Options
    HappyPandaHappyPanda Posts: 64 Member
    I am in utter awe of your skill! The house is beautiful <3 I can't wait to download it for my game!