Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Food is so ugly in TS4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    I can't say I've looked closely at much of the food, but I think the grilled cheese is definitely better. The old ones look burnt and... red cheese? My grilled cheese irl looks like TS4, with yellow cheese all melting out of the edges and golden toasted bread.
  • Options
    DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    I liked the sims 3 food ^^
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited June 2015
    It needs to look a little more like this
    grilled-cheese-_-sex.jpg[img]And less like this:[/img]04-14-15_11-24nbspAM_zpsgemusvr6.png
    giphy.gif

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Butter sandwich. lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Curses now I want grilled cheese and it's nearly five am :p
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Where is the other example from? S2 or S1? I like it in S4. I add extra cheese to mine irl so they can tend to look like it's running out the sides.

Gooey grilled cheese is the only way to go in Real Life. B) Considering the art style limitations ("weirder stories" and all that) the food doesn't look that bad -- I just wish the Tiered Cake was a bit larger. :/
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimmerellaSimmerella Posts: 67 Member
    I think that the food in TS4 looks really good actually and it makes me wanna go and make my own food when I see it, even tough I suck at making food haha :)
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I think they look the best in the series :p

Yup.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I like the cakes :) and the wedding one with the heart shining on top. Some food specially the salad is kinda ugly.
    I like the melted cheese (liquid) in grilled cheese hmmm yummy!
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I think the grilled cheese is ugly lol.
    It looks undercooked and cheese looks like liquid.

HkVMnso.jpg

That last one looks like a butter sandwich. :s
    Hmm butter and mayo, sounds delish to me XD Love me some mayo dripping from sandwich!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    One thing I don't like about the food in TS4 is angles! The dishes and cups are not smoothly rounded. Ugh! It looks so cheap and unprofessional.

656f7eb5-000b-4ccc-b664-296320c2a3a9.png
  • Options
    Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    the_sims_4__food_by_deadxiii-d8or9fz.jpg

I think it looks rather good.
    large.jpg
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited June 2015
    Maybe it's the food graphics because there isn't really a whole lot of details in it nor the grass/furnishings and wallpapers/paint. However this is my first time playing sims on ultra so it I'm just happy I can tell what they're eating.
  • Options
    tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    The foods from TS2 til now is a vast improvement compared to the brown stuff, orange stuff and green stuff plates from TS1 LOL! Some food in TS4 looks nice like the cakes, but on other foods like the BLT or french toast, the textures look cheap or the models are very basic. I can't wait til modders start putting out new foods. The details are pretty good and I love having edible variety for my Sims. XD
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Where is the other example from? S2 or S1? I like it in S4. I add extra cheese to mine irl so they can tend to look like it's running out the sides.

Gooey grilled cheese is the only way to go in Real Life. B) Considering the art style limitations ("weirder stories" and all that) the food doesn't look that bad -- I just wish the Tiered Cake was a bit larger. :/

They even admitted the art budget was low and therefore they had to paint all the meshes, textures and stuffs but they think it turned out to look pretty nice. I've never seen a tiered cake except black & white and white & black ones and you probably don't mean them.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    CHAERINBUKICHAERINBUKI Posts: 62 Member
    The food actuallylooks pretty yummy to me.. I'd eat it :D
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I think there are examples of both good and bad for TS3 and TS4. I wouldn't say overall one is better or that one is horrible across the board.
    I think it could have been a little better, though.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I love the cooking skill and still haven't created every dish in game. Some of the stuff does look very molded though, but I can tell what it is, some looks great to me. That grilled cheese though does look really red from 3.. sorry looks weird IMO.. maybe it's the picture though.
    I prefer the one's in 4 and 2.
    Basically though. I think it suits the art and graphic style. If you put in completely realistic food it would look strange in this game. It has to flow... and they made it flow. Some people don't like the art style, some people do.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited June 2015
    The food actuallylooks pretty yummy to me.. I'd eat it :D

Same for me ... the look of the food definitely isn´t one of the things I would complain about in TS4.
    Although it seems like the look depends on your cook ... sometimes the cook justg fails, which is reflected by the look of the food he produces in this case :D
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I don't mind it, I'm just kind of happy we have so many recipies lol. Some of the food is pretty good, while others could use another re-texture. I think they nailed the baking skill though. Most of that stuff looks yummy.

Some Food Pics

grub2_zpsji3s50l8.png

grub3_zpskido7f1w.png

grub0_zpszmitm6vd.png

grub1_zpsytefykdf.png
  • Options
    InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    > @Luke2153 said:
    > I think it looks rather good.

My food DOES NOT look like that in game
    chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
    Theo♥
  • Options
    kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    edited August 2015
    I just posted about this in the feedback section, haha.. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! When they're stirring pots, my only thought is "Really? You're gonna eat that?" lol! It just seems like after all this time the food should have better texture.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I think food in Sims 2 looked better.
    snapshot_62b68078_e2cfe348_zpszf0jvhfy.jpg
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    I don't mind it, I'm just kind of happy we have so many recipies lol. Some of the food is pretty good, while others could use another re-texture. I think they nailed the baking skill though. Most of that stuff looks yummy.

Some Food Pics

grub2_zpsji3s50l8.png

grub3_zpskido7f1w.png

grub0_zpszmitm6vd.png

grub1_zpsytefykdf.png

What are those orange lumps with the purple? And the last one is?

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited August 2015
    Xoxk9 wrote: »

Some Food Pics

grub2_zpsji3s50l8.png

grub3_zpskido7f1w.png

grub0_zpszmitm6vd.png

grub1_zpsytefykdf.png

What are those orange lumps with the purple? And the last one is?

honestly i don't even know what the last plate is..its looks really bad, theres no detail or texture at all. it doesnt even look like food to be honest. the chips and salsa are the only one that looks pretty good..the purple lump stuff looks some what poisonous.
    giphy.gif