Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

stuck on loading screen and won't quit SOLVED

libby2608libby2608 Posts: 2 New Member
(i am on mac) my sims 4 has been stuck on loading screen for days, the diamond still rotates and the words underneath still change. after giving up waiting, i tried to quit the game . i tried force quit, closing origin and shuting down my macbook (however it won't let me do this because it says i need to close sims first). its still not quiting. i have read in lots of places to try and repair the game but this option is dulled out on origin so can't do that. also can't uninstall and reinstall because that is dulled out too! HELP! thanks
Post edited by libby2608 on

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    Try to quit the game by pressing option+command +escape.
    Because the sims 4 is still running, you can't repair or uninstall the game.
    If you continue to not be able to quit your game, it may be good to move your thread into the Mac discussion part of the forums. You can do that by clicking the cog wheel on the top right of your thread, click edit and then change the location under the title of your thread.
  • Options
    libby2608libby2608 Posts: 2 New Member
    i have been doing option command and escape so many times and for some reason it worked this time! thank you both
  • Options
    Kammie2303Kammie2303 Posts: 6 New Member
    My sims 4 is stuck on the loading screen, I can't get out by clicking on the loading screen. It's stuck where it shows the "The Sims 4 TM, and won't continue to the start menu. For a while, the thing Origin says, like "chat, podcast and browse the internet" thing was stuck as well, but it kinda improved with that as it was gone last (recent) time I tried launching sims 4. I haven't tried doing the option+command+escape thing yet, maybe I should try but I don't know if it'll work. Hope all this made sense.
  • Options
    JazzpuzJazzpuz Posts: 83 Member
    Kammie2303 wrote: »
    My sims 4 is stuck on the loading screen, I can't get out by clicking on the loading screen. It's stuck where it shows the "The Sims 4 TM, and won't continue to the start menu. For a while, the thing Origin says, like "chat, podcast and browse the internet" thing was stuck as well, but it kinda improved with that as it was gone last (recent) time I tried launching sims 4. I haven't tried doing the option+command+escape thing yet, maybe I should try but I don't know if it'll work. Hope all this made sense.

Hi! Hope you managed to fix it! :) anyhow, opt+cmd+esc is just a way to force quit an application. Since it seemed like you were able to quit TS4 without doing that, it won't do anything else. Did you try repairing the game (next to the Play-button in Origin there is a Settings-wheel, click on it and select Repair game). If that doesn't work there might be some bug in your game-folder - in Finder go to Documents/Electronic Arts and try moving the The Sims 4 folder to desktop for example - don't delete it, or all you game saves will be gone!
  • Options
    jksaulogjksaulog Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi my game is just stuck on loading screen on top. The game is still on behind na rotating thing that indicates loading. I don't want to quit my app cause I haven't saved my game's progress which I played for hours. Please help me without doing everything again :(
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You should always save regularly while you play for a long time. However, I'm afraid you'll just have to replay all that you did in order to save and quit the game properly. Try to simply save one more time before using the Force Quit option to see if the game will let you save and then exit the game. Saving before exiting reduces the chances the game will crash on exiting.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.