Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim can't reach cooking object

Okay, so, a problem I am having lately is this, My sims get hungry, go to the fridge to cook, gets the cooking utensils, but then proceeds to put it on the ground, wait a while, and then moan and the hungry symbol appears. When I try to get the sim to resume the meal, she/he waits a few moments, then a "I can't reach that" bubble forms above their head. They can clean up the cooking item just fine.

My thing is; when I play as the sim; I can make it cook and it will do the cooking process in the correct way ( i.e, take out of the fridge, put on counter, cook in stove or stir until completed.) Also, another thing I've found-and found this hilarious- is that when I command my sim to cook, before she/he puts the ingredients in the oven, they will go grab the left cooking items from where another sim put it on the floor, and add it to their recipe! So if my sim is cooking a White Cake, they'll add that Garden Salad ingredients to the mix. Hmm, maybe it's just my sims trying to be healthy? :D

I have been going on The Gallery a lot lately and downloading houses (mainly mansions) so could downloading such a big house be the cause, or could it be some other problem? It is really annoying, as I can sometimes find 2-3 uncooked items on my kitchen floor.

Has this happened to anybody else? I've had it happen in 2 households so far. I do not have any CC, Origin is up-to-date. Both families come from the gallery, none have CC.
follow me on instagram: alyssa.byrd <3

~The Gulledge Family Tree~
Alyssa Gulledge
Bryce Gulledge
Delilah Gulledge
Matthew Gulledge
Toby Gulledge

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    Well, I have a similar problem with decorating baked goods - once they are finished my Sim puts them on the table, when I click decorate, my Sim tells me she can't reach the object. I think one of the recent patches caused it - not sure which, but definitely one after the release of Get to Work, and probably not the first one after it - doesn't really matter.

The solution I've found is simple - click and drag the item to an ordinary counter (not an island counter) and place it exactly where a Sim would normally put it when using it. Whenever I click decorate from there, my Sim goes to the plate and starts decorating.

You could try doing the same with your cooking items, it's worth a shot and I hope it'll work. It's not ideal, but at least you can keep your Sims fed until this issue gets fixed.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Alyssasimmer15Alyssasimmer15 Posts: 79 Member
    Thanks! I'll try that.
    follow me on instagram: alyssa.byrd <3

~The Gulledge Family Tree~
    Alyssa Gulledge
    Bryce Gulledge
    Delilah Gulledge
    Matthew Gulledge
    Toby Gulledge
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,699 Member
    Hello.
    Also repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Also see if deleting the cache files helps.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Also perhaps buy a new oven and see if that helps. The current oven may be glitched? You could also try resetting the oven by shift clicking it and pressing reset object.