Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Video recording issues

I have been playing sims 4 for a while but only recently tried using the in-game video recording function. I recorded a video of my sims getting married but when I tried to play it back, it only played the audio. I tried taking more videos and they all only had the audio.I have no idea if it's my computer's problem as it previously recorded sims 3 videos fine. Has anyone encountered this issue before? How do you solve it? thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    I have passed along this issue to the QA team to look into further. If there is anything they may need I will reach out via PM.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    cryoniccryonic Posts: 4 New Member
    Thanks!
  • Options
    DeeSanKeyDeeSanKey Posts: 12 New Member
    I am currently having this issue now has their ever been a resolution?
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    DeeSanKey wrote: »
    I am currently having this issue now has their ever been a resolution?

hey @DeeSanKey there was a more recent issue with the playback options. ill see if i can track it down. the problem for many was fixed by uncompressing the video but then you also have the issue that its now a very large file but at least you can see the video. though i thought they had fixed that in a more recent patch.

if you can open origin and confirm you dont have any pending updates to add for the game and ill try to track down this thread.
  • Options
    DeeSanKeyDeeSanKey Posts: 12 New Member
    Thanks a lot, seems to work fine on VLC Media Player. Seems that is the case for others too.
  • Options
    LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    I'm having this same issue here in December of 2017, where the screen is just black and it only plays the game audio when I use the in-game screen recorder.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm having this same issue here in December of 2017, where the screen is just black and it only plays the game audio when I use the in-game screen recorder.

Hello .
    It may be best to ask your questions on a thread in the Video Haven section of the forums. Simmers there may be able to help you. Because you are a new menber, you are unable to start your own thread, but you can post on a thread that has already been started by another simmer.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/video-haven

If you are playing them on Windows Media Player, try playing them on another player such as VLC and see if that helps.
    Using the uncompressed setting option in Video Capture in Games Options may also help. The files will be quite large though.
  • Options
    CreativeSimmerCreativeSimmer Posts: 156 Member
    cryonic wrote: »
    I have been playing sims 4 for a while but only recently tried using the in-game video recording function. I recorded a video of my sims getting married but when I tried to play it back, it only played the audio. I tried taking more videos and they all only had the audio.I have no idea if it's my computer's problem as it previously recorded sims 3 videos fine. Has anyone encountered this issue before? How do you solve it? thanks!!

your software might need updating?
    Youtube-Creative Simmer