Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Millionare challenge

Fergie7818Fergie7818 Posts: 42 Member
Rules: You must start out with a female sim she needs to have 1,000 dollars she must be a young adult her challenge is to get money from paintng,fishing,or guitar she must start out at a 64x64 lot no house so she has 1,000 dollars to build and buy a house/shelter with all of her needs she must not get a job she must have 5 kids with different men and raise 1 MILLION dollars from the fishing,guitar,and painting and build a new house that is big and you must continue the challenge with your oldest daughter for the next 5 generations when you complete 5 generations you completed the challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by Fergie7818 on

Comments

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Sound good ... But can we do it without ever getting any job or profession instead of wasting time working at the diner?

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    sure
    lol
  • Options
    BlackSand I edited it
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Alright, I'll try it out. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    WAIT! Does it matter what traits she has? Like, can she have the "artistic" trait or "Virtuoso" trait?
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Good idea limiting how the founder makes money. After a few weeks of gardening and 3-4 days of gathering metals, gems, and insects, my alchemist sim made $1.16 million in ~2-3 weeks of cranking out high level elixirs and consigning them.
  • Options
    It does not matter about traits
  • Options
    does any of u have a youtube
  • Options
    @Fergie7818 I do. :)
  • Options
    could you do a lets play and whats your youtube channel
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    i might try it out
  • Options
    ok lol
  • Options
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    Good idea limiting how the founder makes money. After a few weeks of gardening and 3-4 days of gathering metals, gems, and insects, my alchemist sim made $1.16 million in ~2-3 weeks of cranking out high level elixirs and consigning them.

There is no way you can limit the ability of the founder to make money without eliminating their ability to make more than a million.
    The founder isn't going to make a million, keeping five children and paying the bills on a 64x64 lot with just a job at the diner.
    Unless of course they grow life fruit and fish for deathfish (never selling either) so they can make Ambrosia and live forever.

If your Sim writes books ... They can make millions in the matter of a few weeks.
    If your Sim makes nectar ... No problem making millions.
    If your Sim invests in businesses ... They can really make millions ... And so on.

Did you know that if your Sim buys and upgrades every piece of commercial/public property in Sunset Valley ... They can make upwards of $485,000 every Monday at 9 am?

In fact ... It takes less than 112 Sim Days for a Sim to max out half the available skills, complete more than a few entire professions, and earn upwards of 2 million ... All the time just napping on a park bench and showering at the gym ... Without Cheating!

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    If you make the million then have the children you could do it.
  • Options
    BlackSand wrote: »
    There is no way you can limit the ability of the founder to make money without eliminating their ability to make more than a million.

My only point was that without some limits on making money the challenge isn't going to much of a challenge. If you leave it wide open, the challenge is too easy. Restricting money making to fishing, guitar, and painting might be challenging enough. Gardening though, is pretty easy, especially if you have Supernatural. But then, even with the guitar, $2 million is possible.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    My only point was that without some limits on making money the challenge isn't going to much of a challenge. If you leave it wide open, the challenge is too easy. Restricting money making to fishing, guitar, and painting might be challenging enough. Gardening though, is pretty easy, especially if you have Supernatural. But then, even with the guitar, $2 million is possible.

Yeah ... Well my point was that it doesn't matter what limits you put on yourself.
    You cannot limit yourself in the game without taking away options and opportunities that are simply unnecessary to get rid of.
    All my major characters spend the first Sim year of their life on a 10x10 lot with nothing but an all-in-one shower, tent, burn pit, mailbox and motorcycle (edit: and trashcan).

If you find the challenges too easy ... You aren't setting your goals high enough.
    You don't have to just put limits on everything ... Try to top everything out instead.

If you think it is too easy to make a million Simoleons ... Then set your goal at 50 million.

• Options
    BlackSand wrote: »
    You cannot limit yourself in the game without taking away options and opportunities that are simply unnecessary to get rid of.

That's really at the discretion of the challenge author, and the challenge player.
  • Options
    Hi has anybody did the challenge
  • Options
    No, I've been at a friend's house. :P
    I don't have any recording equipment, and I plan to play this challenge in more than a few sessions.....
  • Options
    Instead, I'm taking pictures of just about everything I do. :3 Like making friends, the first things I buy, my character, ETC. And I write down everything else...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Alright, so I had to restart my gmabe because it completely glitched out. But, I'm going to post a pic of my sim on here first. :3 So this will be my sim. Her name is Savannah Sawyer, and these are her traits: Kleptomaniac, Virtuoso, Artistic, Star Quality, and Great Kisser.
    Savannah%20Sawyer_zpsfqwpcikw.png
    Post edited by SilentWolf101 on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I do plan on putting her in a relationship when the challenge has been completed. :3
    Post edited by SilentWolf101 on
  • Options
    So I have a plan for this challenge - I'm going to save my money and steal what I need from other sims. :3 For example, I'll steal an easel from somebody, steal a guitar from somebody else, steal a bed, etc...
  • Options
    So I have a plan for this challenge - I'm going to save my money and steal what I need from other sims. :3 For example, I'll steal an easel from somebody, steal a guitar from somebody else, steal a bed, etc...

Cool Idea ... Reminds me of that old Johnny Cash song about stealing a Cadillac in his lunchbox one piece at a time (my dad liked that that song).

Johnny Cash ... One Piece At A Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM
  • Options
    @BlackSand So, come to find out, I can't steal a bed. Also, I LOVE THAT SONG! XD