Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Freeplay is everything Sims 4 should be and have

I know this is kind of dumb.
I mean Freeplay is a mobile game. And it was released in 2011.
Sims 4 is a PC/Mac game and released in 2014.

But I feel like it has more content. Besides it being a pay-to-win mobile game, it has:
  • BABIES are not objects
  • Toddlers
  • Pre-teens
  • Different careers (teacher, real estate, actor, firefighter, is there politician in Sims 4?)
  • More hobbies (fashion, woodwork, diving, skating, karate, ballet, vaulting, quilting, seashell collecting, surfing, juggling, dancing, modeling, bowling and even archery!)
  • More locations: Swimming Center, Elem & high schools, Restaurant, Car shop, Pet shop, Supermarket, salon, clothes store, kids store, mall, and all the career locations!

There was even an Urbz update (from the console game), seasons, horses, spell casting magic, restaurants and more.

Are the developers different? I would love all this content, but preteens, non-object babies, maybe even toddlers may not show in the Sims 4 updates. Even some hobbies may not be palpable =/ I still have hope, and I mean Freeplay was released 4 years ago, and is a simple mobile game.
But I am not a mobile girl. I think they could make a lot of money with a PC/Mac game like this.

dsxTOuZ.jpg

Comments

• Options
    hurfrhurfr Posts: 143 Member
    Maybe this stuff could be added to TS4, maybe its not as hard as people make out?
  • Options
    KattycakeKattycake Posts: 274 Member
    edited May 2015
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I hate that we have dogs in a mobile game for free, but in TS4 we will have to pay for then, it's just no fair. :(

@XopaxPax Mobile gaming is becoming popular but still. It is kind of unfair. And you're right! I didn't even think of it that way. We do have to pay for horses and pets I didn't even realize it was free DLC even though they make money off of the little sim points system.
    SimChic1 wrote: »

Maybe when EA still cared...

@SimChic1 They are continuing to develop for this sims mobile game. I think it is a whole different developer location. Emeryville is making Sims 4 right?
    I think it just depends on who is working on it.

hurfr wrote: »
    Maybe this stuff could be added to TS4, maybe its not as hard as people make out?

@hurfr Yes I am sure it could be added. Not all of it of course. Like the babies, it could be hard to make them interactive sims rather than objects. But what I just noticed is that Freeplay is getting all this content...free .

dsxTOuZ.jpg
  • Options
    hurfrhurfr Posts: 143 Member
    Kattycake wrote: »
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I hate that we have dogs in a mobile game for free, but in TS4 we will have to pay for then, it's just no fair. :(

@XopaxPax Mobile gaming is becoming popular but still. It is kind of unfair. And you're right! I didn't even think of it that way. We do have to pay for horses and pets I didn't even realize it was free DLC even though they make money off of the little sim points system.
    SimChic1 wrote: »

Maybe when EA still cared...

@SimChic1 They are continuing to develop for this sims mobile game. I think it is a whole different developer location. Emeryville is making Sims 4 right?
    I think it just depends on who is working on it.

hurfr wrote: »

@hurfr Yes I am sure it could be added. Not all of it of course. Like the babies, it could be hard to make them interactive sims rather than objects. But what I just noticed is that Freeplay is getting all this content...free .

I don't mind paying for EP's I know they've got to make their money. I just don't like that we pay for content yet there's things we should have for free that we don't have....yet.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2015
    The developers are different Sims freeplay is by EA and FireMonkeys and not Maxis

Freeplay didn't always have all those things. I've been playing since it came out in 2011 and it has come a long way. It was a lot like Sims 4, they updated a lot of the life stages in, pools, and floors and we just got basements in freeplay.
    but that game has gone down hill, when they added death and I had to start harvesting sims souls to keep my main sim younger longer.

you can't really customize sims and they are starting to look terrible. and building is just horrible.

Weird tho Freeplay is doing better than the Sims 3 mobile app.

Sims 4 is way better IMO.

I started with Freeplay, then I got medieval, I was about to buy Sims 3 but then I decided to wait Get the Sims 4 since it was coming out.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    @MasonGamer Since you have more experience with Freeplay, do you think they will add everything that Freeplay has?
    dsxTOuZ.jpg
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    @MasonGamer Since you have more experience with Freeplay, do you think they will add everything that Freeplay has?

That's a tough question, because Freeplay is mobile and not a computer game. Sims freeplay does seem to have a lot more than Sims 4, however it's still not equal to the Sims 4.

Sims 4 has been acting a lot like freeplay lately I've been watching since launch, a flat world, babies confined to their cradles, updating pools, basements, Ghosts, careers, weather, Life stages, and hobbies, and Freeplay has managed to expand the one world they have.

I would expect the Sims Studios and Maxis to somehow update/create a free pack to add Toddler's and maybe preteens into the Sims 4.

However everything the Sims Freeplay has was based of What Sims 3 had, but they put their own twist on things, and now that Sims 4 is here freeplay will probably start turning things around and start copying Sims 4.

Because when you ask "...do you think they will add everything that Freeplay has?" It's cringe worthy to picture Sims 4 becoming the Sims Freeplay.

I don't think The Sims 4 should do what Freeplay is doing 100%, I think they should update everything that Sims 4 was suppose to have and then some. and then Expansion/Game/Stuff packs that have these hobbies and more.

Honestly I wish it was there other way around I wish Freeplay would become more like Sims 4
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    monia_vukmonia_vuk Posts: 121 Member
    The Sims Freeplay didn't have all those things at the beginning. I'm trying to cheer myself up and hope that we'll get a ton more stuff for TS4 in the future.

...btw, how are babies not objects in The Sims Freeplay?
  • Options
    @monia_vuk Oops sorry I guess I lied. Babies are confined to their cradles. I though you could take them around town and have more interactions with them.
    dsxTOuZ.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    I know this is kind of dumb.
    I mean Freeplay is a mobile game. And it was released in 2011.
    Sims 4 is a PC/Mac game and released in 2014.

But I feel like it has more content. Besides it being a pay-to-win mobile game, it has:
    • BABIES are not objects
    • Toddlers
    • Pre-teens
    • Different careers (teacher, real estate, actor, firefighter, is there politician in Sims 4?)
    • More hobbies (fashion, woodwork, diving, skating, karate, ballet, vaulting, quilting, seashell collecting, surfing, juggling, dancing, modeling, bowling and even archery!)
    • More locations: Swimming Center, Elem & high schools, Restaurant, Car shop, Pet shop, Supermarket, salon, clothes store, kids store, mall, and all the career locations!

There was even an Urbz update (from the console game), seasons, horses, spell casting magic, restaurants and more.

Are the developers different? I would love all this content, but preteens, non-object babies, maybe even toddlers may not show in the Sims 4 updates. Even some hobbies may not be palpable =/ I still have hope, and I mean Freeplay was released 4 years ago, and is a simple mobile game.
    But I am not a mobile girl. I think they could make a lot of money with a PC/Mac game like this.

Actually babies are objects, they can't be picked up and moved around the house, they are also tied to the bassinet, but I think you can change their clothes which is pretty cool :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    monia_vukmonia_vuk Posts: 121 Member
    @Kattycake At least that's how I last remember them :D
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Yeah but that "game" is one of those free to play money pits where you can't actually DO anything or experience any of that content without dropping truckloads of cash or waiting asinine amounts of time. It's not like you can just sit down and play it and do what you want when you want.

To be fair I haven't actually played sims freeplay for years because I can't stand those types of money pit apps, but I'm kind of doubting any of that content is all too fleshed out.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    TS4 seems to have used the Freeplay model. They removed all but the most basic of features with the intent of adding them later. However, I am not sure they thought that through very well. In a mobile app, those updates are free and it's a whole other type of customer. This is an established game with standard features that they stripped. And yeah...I find it odd that almost all of the features that are/were missing in TS4 were features that were added in later in Freetime. So I think their producers failed in that regard. Then add in the developers. These knuckleheads can't program anything simulation to save their lives...or the franchise. I'm pretty sure a majority of them come from a mobile background, which doesn't require any complex coding. So I don't know.
  • Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    I agree 100% that the Sims Freeplay is everything the Sims 4 should be
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    No, Sims 4 should have been:

Sims 2 animations, interactions, humour, charm, fears and wants, personalities.
    Sims 3 open world and story progression(optional) both improved to work correctly and CASt.
    And then the CAS and Build Mode(minus its limitations) improvements, like moving whole rooms and placing multiple windows etc, from Sims 4.

This is 100% what Sims 4 should have been. And this is now what I hope Sims 5 is.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Freeplay is made by another company, not Maxis.

The company and those who only play Freeplay (and don't play the Sims on console or on PC) are a disgrace to the Sims series and to the Sims community as a whole.

Freeplay needs to be burned, and thrown off a cliff.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    When Sims 3 came out with content, for example the store sets that added toddler stuff or the carnival rides, free play got it too but with more functions and more content. That let's you know how slight the Sims 3 community felt.

Then in a conversation I had with Lyndsay in the Family game play thread, I brought up how freeplay had toddlers that can be bathed and toddler toys but the Sims 4 didn't have any of that and that made me sad. She replied that the freeplay developers had a longer time to put it together than they did so it has better content. Really? So that is what you all are going with? Yeah, okay.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member

The company and those who only play Freeplay (and don't play the Sims on console or on PC) are a disgrace to the Sims series and to the Sims community as a whole.

It's funny you say that because that is exactly how I feel about Sims 4.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I've only played free play for a an hour or two without getting bored, that's longer that I've played TS4 though.
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    $2000 dlc
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    What is this Sims Freeplay?? I have never played this; how do I get it?
  • Options
    dmel25 wrote: »

It's funny you say that because that is exactly how I feel about Sims 4.

@dmel25 @Colton147147 Lol xD I kind of feel the same about BOTH games haha! I don't mean to offend anyone though.

What is this Sims Freeplay?? I have never played this; how do I get it?

@tiffrenee07 You can get it as a mobile app on iOS and Android platforms :) I had to wiki some of the features, and you can google them too, you may enjoy Freeplay! I haven't had much experience with it but enough to know that Sims 4 has been lacking out. (in my opinion only)

@Alysha1988 Yes I agree, it is an EA money pit. It takes a lot of time to go anywhere or a lot of money to progress. However, I am just pointing out that aside that it is a mobile platform, the features included (in my opinion) are a lot more than what Sims 4 has to offer.

dsxTOuZ.jpg