Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pleasantview updates! *Updated 7/8!*

Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
edited July 2015 in The Sims (2000)
I like sharing my stories, only because I also love reading other people's as well. So this thread will be for all of Pleasantview resident's, so please, feel free to share :) I'm hopelessly in love with pre-made's.

Lets start with, Dina Caliente and Mortimer Goth, shall we?

I did something a little different... Had them move out of the mansion they were sharing with Cassandra and her husband, Darren. Leaving them with yes, 20,000$. Got them a tiny little place, while they waited for the arrival of their first child together:

snapshot_c253a46d_0253a7f7_zpsgdsk82b6.jpg

Shortly after moving in, Dina gave birth to a boy named Noah.

snapshot_c253a46d_e253a889_zps4gxpsf44.jpg

Mortimer was a great dad:

snapshot_c253a46d_8253a9f8_zpsvtzg177m.jpg

While Mortimer being the only Sim in the house working, it was getting tough to make ends meet. Dina also found out she was expecting again:

snapshot_c253a46d_e253a538_zpsabf10aff.jpg

Noah grew into an adorable little toddler who had a good mix between his parents:

snapshot_c253a46d_625422c9_zpsmdfgpdkt.jpg
Post edited by Olivesplum06 on

Comments

• Options
    Mortimer spent all his free time, with his son.

snapshot_c253a46d_22542270_zpsmioniqou.jpg

Sadly, a few hours before Dina gave birth again, Mortimer came home and found his time was up..

snapshot_c253a46d_a254239a_zpsxjxsdx9j.jpg

Both Dina and Noah took the death hard:

snapshot_c253a46d_e2542427_zpsbwmt3wuo.jpg

She gave birth to not one, but TWO girls. Named, Ana and Ellie

snapshot_c253a46d_62542ecd_zpss93kp7lm.jpg

snapshot_c253a46d_42542e6c_zpszepbf9we.jpg

On the bright side, Dina got some money from Mortimer's death, and the family was able to move into a two-bedroom condo. She also got a lvl 4 job in science thanks to some random networking.

Noah grew up into a child, and I love the way he looks :) Perfect mix of his parents.

snapshot_c253a46d_22542d03_zpst1wd0tlw.jpg

More updates to come! everyone, share!!
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Cute kids!! Thanks for sharing :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    Love it!
  • Options
    seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    ive been jumping all over the place but im going back to pleasantview to play out my favorite family the brokes. ive never completely played them out so this will be a first. wish me luck. LOL.
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

Aw- cute children and a nice, yet sad, update. :D
  • Options
    ive been jumping all over the place but im going back to pleasantview to play out my favorite family the brokes. ive never completely played them out so this will be a first. wish me luck. LOL.

Lol share when you do! They're one of my faves too!
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited May 2015
    I have never played any other neighborhood in TS2 other than Pleasantview B) I have loaded the other neighbourhoods just to have a look around, but have always only played the families I have in Pleasantview. I would miss them too much if I played another neighbourhood, and I wouldn't want to move them because their extended relationships would break. So yeah, I'm boring :D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options

Lol share when you do! They're one of my faves too!
    started out by remodeling their house. i added on to the boys bedroom to enlarge it. the money to do this came from the inheritance of skip, brandy's husband who died. motherlode mutual insurance gave her an inheritance of 50,000. LOL. after the remodeling was done i took their funds back down to 2,000 which is where they were before the inheritance. they started there and i played them up until dustin was ready for college. brandy wants at least 6 kids and the house will explode with any more kids. so as soon as i got her knocked up by the butler i sent dustin to college so that beau and donte (the youngest) could share a room. the baby bed is in brandys room. so right now the broke family is brandy, dustin (away at college), beau (straight a private school student), donte - the insomniac toddler who has the mystery dad. i guess him having an afro says brandy was down with the swirl, and the unborn baby by an elderly butler.

ill have to come back and update this post with pics because i didnt take any. the broke house is always a madhouse and i was doing good to keep everyone fed and rested.

instead of money cheats i spawned a genie lamp and when they need money they rub it and wish for wealth.
    free the sims!
  • Options
    soph18049soph18049 Posts: 126 Member
    I love this so much! please continue your updates! It gives me closure with how their lives were continued after TS2, the true TS3!
  • Options
    Thank you!! Sadly my game was corrupt so I had to start over... But I still plan on playing them again!
  • Options
    AnnitaEatsYaAnnitaEatsYa Posts: 1,583 Member
    Great story and a really unusual way to play Morty and Dina! As you can see they're my all time favourite Sims couple ;) I've been playing absolutely loads in Pleasantview lately and love sharing and reading people's stories so I've got this thread bookmarked. I'll have a peek through my screenshots folder and see how many of the big events in my town I actually snapped then share the whole twisting tale come the weekend! Thanks for starting this thread :smile:
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I don't have screen shots (I'm always too sow lol) but here's what's happening in my game so far...

The Goths: Mortimer and Dina are currently married. They're also vampires as I was afraid about Morty dying before I was finished with the story. I currently have Alexandre in Uni - I plan to pop him into the paranormal career so I am then able to get the phone to call Grimmy - apparently Morty is able to resurrect Bella so that's when the real fun starts. Cassandra married Don, but eventually caught him with Nina so they divorced - not before she got pregnant though so they have a son, Clarke. She is now married to Darren Dreamer and they have a daughter together, I named her Corniela. It seemed fitting for some reason. I later found out it's Morty's mothers name - so that was weird.

The Plesants: After walking in on Daniel in bed with the maid, Mary-Sue decided they needed some time away to fix their relationship. I sent them to Tikkii Island to patch things up. While they were there I started to play with The Oldies (Mary-Sue's parents) but I found those rather boring so I used my first (and only) cheat to kill them by old age. I moved them in with Mary-Sue so I'm able to have access to the graves (I'm building a cemetery). Angela and Lilith have successfully graduated Uni. Angela is married to Gilbert Jaquet (I plan to have her take over his bakery) and Lilth is currently engaged and living with Dirk Dreamer (also a uni grad)

The Brokes: Now, I started with this family as I never really paid them much attention before. I've become rather fond of Dustin (he's an adult now, also a uni grad and is married to my own sim, Lydia they've just had a daughter I named Freya). Brandi ended up marrying one of the Mr.Bigs ( I can't remember what they were called) and her, Beau and Charlie (he's the third brother) are living comfortably. I'm not really sure what I plan to do here all I know is Charlie is going to eventually become a werewolf and have a small prt in the resurrection of Bella.

The Dreamers: Darren eventually won Cassie's heart and they currently live together in Darren's house with Clarke and Corniela.

I ended up putting Nina and Don together - I'm not really sure what to do with them as they're both romance sims - so I figured they can just grow old together and cheat on each other *shrugs* lol

And that's about it so far - I plan to focus mainly on Dustin and Lyida but progress the town along with them just to keep some basic function and future sims to marry etc... It's fun watching the genetics - I don't remember it being this good in Ts3, when I play now, they all seem to look the same when they're related.

--T
  • Options
    awesome stories. the best thing to ever happen in sim world was for them to give me the ultimate collection.

my sims 4 game is just begging me to play. "hey look at me! im updated!" nope. until they put in the architect career like in ambitions im not playing it.

having way too much fun designing my own clothes and discovering all the things i missed in sims 2 with expansion packs i didnt have before.

please check out my thread "bad day turned good."
    free the sims!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Okay, so I finally got to look at my screenshots and realised I'd taken most of them before I adjusted the image settings >.< So most of them are crummy quality but I'll throw a few in here for emphasis anyway! So we have to start with the Goths don't we ;)

Goths
    Well of course Don ran out on the wedding (but Cassie didn't have her customary breakdown because I hadn't installed any mods to supress all the hobby/buy/whatever wants, so she didn't fear being left at the altar. Boo hiss.) So she started spending her time with Darren, who she eventually married, but not before...

snapshot_6dae6a73_61a34a7d_zpsotwuwolo.jpg

Of course, Dina and Morty's wedding <3 After a romantic honeymoon at their newly-purchased Brickstone Chateau in Twikkii Island, they enjoyed a few sim days of newly-wedded bliss and Mortimer attended Cassandra's wedding over at the Dreamer house.

snapshot_edae8d77_61d67c10_zpsza1imgtz.jpg

Dina soon fell pregnant - at the same time as Cassie! - and the pair were delighted :)

snapshot_6dae6a73_c1d54d09_zps1j96xz8q.jpg

As he was missing seeing his daughter every day Morty headed to the phone to invite her and her new husband over for dinner, but in a horrible, cruel twist of fate Grimmy had other ideas :'(

snapshot_6dae6a73_c1ecdb8b_zpswf9vilm9.jpg

(This was the point at which I nearly shed actual real life tears) The day after Mortimer passed his son Evander was born. Dina and now-teenage Alexander mourned constantly. One day Alexander finally felt ready to clear his head with a wintry walk. When he spotted a beautiful girl across the park he knew he'd regret not introducing himself.

snapshot_6dae6a73_c1ecd879_zpsqvauokqa.jpg

He and Lilith had a lot in common and started to spend every evening together. Alexander found out she was dating his sister's stepson, though, so he tried not to think of her as a romantic prospect. He'd heard Lucy Burb was nice, maybe he should approach her and see if they connected.

Continued in the next post.
    Post edited by AnnitaEatsYa on
  • Options
    Not many pictures from now on XD

Dreamer

Dirk would be the first to admit that he and Lilith hadn’t spent much time together. But he had a great job after school at the office of a big firm and he just had to get that promotion.

Cassandra inherited a sizeable sum of money when her father passed, but it did nothing to ease the pain of knowing he would never meet his first grandchild, or his third child. She used the money to buy a business – her father had always told her she was too savvy to be working for someone else. When her daughter was born she and Darren immediately agreed that she would be named Morticia in Mortimer’s memory. They sold Darren’s house and moved to a bigger, prettier home, moving Darlene’s grave to the public graveyard in the process.

Broke/Caliente/Burb

While Dustin ran himself ragged taking care of Beau, working and trying to improve his grades Brandi gave birth to another son – Brandon. Beau grew up and the trailer started to feel very crowded! Dustin reached the top of his teen career and surprised his mum by coming home with an A+ report card. While his girlfriend Angela and friend Dirk wanted to go to college, Dustin only wanted to keep earing money to help his family (Dustin just never rolled the want to go, so that’s the story I’m sticking with :D )

In the meantime Brandi became best friends with Nina Caliente. On a girly night out she met a special someone…

snapshot_2dae7a30_221c4def_zps5gtgkuo4.jpg

John and Brandi were in love. John agonised at night over how he could bring himself to leave Jennifer – so often she was cold and obsessed with work, but suddenly she would become the carefree young woman he had married all those years ago. He still cared for her deeply but knew deep down that he and Brandi were meant to be together. When Brandi called and told him he was going to be a father again he felt both sick and elated. But how to leave? Brandi fretted constantly about how she would cope with another baby in the tiny trailer but Dustin assured her they would manage.

In the meantime Nina had started an affair with the infamous Daniel Pleasant. But one gets forgetful after too many glasses of juice and soon she too found out she was expecting a baby! She assured all of her lovers that the father was a mysterious other party – Mary Sue Pleasant was extremely powerful in Pleasantview and even a whiff of the affair would leave Nina a social outcast. Knowing her friend Brandi would need more space for her growing brood she called her and proposed that they both sell their homes and move in together – kids and all! (I refurbished the Dreamer house with five bedrooms, play equipment and more modern décor)

snapshot_2dae895f_825cfb09_zpsgcuzwbe6.jpg

Though Brandi was desperate to finally marry John, she enjoyed having friends and family around her in their beautiful new home. Nina gave birth to a girl - Tina - and Brandi and John became parents to Jason. John left after first meeting his new baby determined to end it with Jennifer the same day.

Just one more post, promise!
  • Options
    Pleasant

Knowing that her relationship with Dirk was at a dead end, Lilith couldn't resist any longer. She invited Alexander over to try out the new hot tub her dad had installed...

snapshot_cdae71fd_e1f63b8e_zpsp31rvzw3.jpg

She and Angela left for college only a couple of days later but Lilith assured Alexander she would be waiting for him. (I can already tell they're my favourite couple of the next generation) The twins are now BFFs and sophomores renting their own house at Sim State.

Daniel and Mary Sue are now elders, with Daniel enjoying retirement. His affairs with Kaylynn and Nina continue. However, though his wife is out of the house working a lot, his mother-in-law Coral moved in after the death of her husband Herb! So Daniel is very careful about when and where he meets his lady friends.

Lothario

Don joined the Athletic career and gave his condo a sophisticated makeover. It seems to be going down well with his many female guests! One day he returned from work to find a mysterious lamp with a note written in an unfamiliar hand. Curious, he rubbed the side of the lamp as the note suggested and a genie appeared! The genie promised him three wishes, even promising that he could resurrect any dead sim in the neighbourhood. Though still unwilling to be tied to any one woman, Don had grown up a lot and started to feel bad for how he treated Cassandra Goth. He used his first wish to resurrect Mortimer, who thanked him over and over again before heading straight to his house, where Dina was tending to their baby son and Alexander was studying in the dining room. Alexander yelled in surprise and Dina came running to see what the commotion was. After an emotional reunion, Mortimer met Evander for the first time. Once everyone was over the shock Morty whisked Dina out for a romantic dinner, where he proposed all over again.

snapshot_6dae6a73_425a8d31_zpsgdprx2xy.jpg

The two wed in a private ceremony at home. Alexander assured them that he would care for Evander if they wanted to take a night or two at the Chateau for their second honeymoon, so that's exactly what they did :)

snapshot_6dae6a73_c2639550_zpse4mpitj3.jpg

And that's pretty much where everybody is right now. Please excuse the + signs and plumbobs, I didn't take the pictures with a view to sharing them :D I hope you enjoyed my crazy long overview of my Pleasantview, can't wait to see more updates from you all!
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @AnnitaEatsYa: Great pictures

@all: I started playing with the Goths the other day! :)
    :) Smile!

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    @AnnitaEatsYa Please continue! I loved reading your posts. :)
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Great posts guys - life has taken over but I will update as soon as I get some time to play!!

--T
  • Options
    Annita I love your posts thanks for sharing!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Since restarting my Sims 2 neighborhoods, I've taken a liking to the Caliente sisters... They often hit the clubs together: snapshot_2dae895f_425ea9f3_zpsljkinvs6.jpg

And after Nina found she had quite a lot in common with a hot vamp, she was instantly hooked: snapshot_2dae895f_225eabc7_zpsq8ox34pp.jpg

Dina of course asked her beau, Mortimer to move in: snapshot_2dae895f_42614fee_zps4jdl8v76.jpg

After many failed woo hoo's, Nina realized she really loved the vampire that stole her heart the first night they met: snapshot_2dae895f_c25eaf8d_zpswmpwc9qw.jpg

She currently is pregnant with his child: snapshot_2dae895f_e2615229_zpsasvql9t0.jpg

Dina and Mortimer adopted their first child, named Lily. Shes beautiful.
    snapshot_2dae895f_e261539a_zps6cbpzgys.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    IN OTHER NEWS, THE FUNNIEST PICTURE EVER:
    snapshot_2dae895f_4261533f_zpstj7cj3ka.jpg

hahahahahahah
  • Options
    JennMarieJennMarie Posts: 74 Member
    @Olivesplum06 I love it! I've missed playing sims 2. I feel like the premades in pleasantview were the best and their story from the start was the most interesting! I love what you did with them. Can't wait for an update.

Way back when my computer still ran the sims 2 I did the same thing with pleasantview that you are doing.
    Goths: Cassandra was left at the alter by Don and found comfort in Darren's arms. Cassandra moved in with Darren and they had 6 children who all graduated college with A's. Most of those kids had kids with ptemades form the college town. Morty married Nina and had a daughter. Then he died after she was born. Alexander went to uni and feel in love with Lucy and moved the family to a bigger house where his sister is a plant sim and he has two children with Lucy. Lucy's patents moved in with them when Nina passed away. Jennifer didn't last long, but John loved for way too long. The children were teens about to go to college when my game crashed.

More happened to the other families but I can't remember in detail. The Goths were my favorite...especially Alexander.
  • Options
    I've now started Cassandra Goths story (I like to hop around) She married Don, I decided I kind of wanted to change him... Make him more of a family man. I decided to have her pursue the dancing career, first day on the job... She gets screwed with a bad chance card and loses the job lol:

snapshot_6dae6a73_42668f4a_zpsy0xciqvn.jpg

Don is actually really good with Alex. I like the connection they've made. (Alex rolled a want right away to become friends with him):

snapshot_6dae6a73_e2668a5d_zpsbmgl8roy.jpg

After literally 5 woohoo's of trying to get Cassie pregnant, she FINALLY did. Weirdly enough, I forgot I have a mod installed that brings the chance of miscarriage.. So, after getting home from the day she got fired, her mood dropped and found out she had miscarried. (I'm wondering if it is related to stress... Like she gets fired, bad memory.. then has the miscarriage. Idk though.)

snapshot_6dae6a73_62668da7_zpst9bh1yab.jpg

She now is pregnant again though and hopefully this one sticks! Alex is a teen and I'm about to send him to uni with maybe the Pleasant sisters... we will see :)
  • Options
    BACK to the Caliente's, Nina managed to have the guts to tell her vampire bf, Stanley, that she was carrying their child. He was very accepting about it

snapshot_2dae895f_a26a8870_zpsg3uisin8.jpg

Lily, the adopted child of Mortimer and Dina grew into a toddler, and im in love. Her dad is so good to her :)

snapshot_2dae895f_426a8c26_zps1qfgk70l.jpg

snapshot_2dae895f_826a8c96_zpsakim3vbf.jpg

Nina gave birth to a little boy named, Emmett. And I have plans to move Stanley in soon, maybe upgrade their house.

snapshot_2dae895f_226a8cce_zpsmgjg4vf4.jpg