Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want to know what you've been doing in TS4 GTW!

Millie_KittyMillie_Kitty Posts: 25 New Member
This is just a nice discussion about what job you have in GTW. Or, pictures of your retail business. But, you can also just write your sims story's and adventures in the expansion pack. I hope this discussion will help us get the idea of your sim/sims. <3

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Hi i'm Millie_Kitty :). So, when I get TS4 and GTW, I am going to be a scientist and own a furniture store, bakery, or boutique. So, my sim's name is going to be Natalie Brown. Her traits are going to be Bookworm, Active, and Creative. Her aspiration is going to be Knowledge since her career is going to be a Scientist. I really think these traits will be good for her and same thing for the aspiration. So, when I first start I am probably going to get her into the writing career just to get a little bit of money. Then, quit that job, get a nice house, my retail store (which I think will be a bakery), and the scientist job. I might use the motherlode cheat to decorate my store though. Now, Natalie is going to be single for a while because she's not really interested in guys. So, she basically is going to meet some people and stuff like that. That's what i'm starting her off with so I hope you enjoyed my little story that I will try to get my sim to take on. :)
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm having a lot more fun than I thought I would with this EP, the science career has been my favorite so far, I have 2 sims in it (who, to my disappointment, can't be at work at the same time, I wanted them to meet there and become friends). I'm not really interested in the retail shops yet, maybe that will change later, but for now I'm thinking about bulldozing Magnolia Promenade, and turning it into a residential neighborhood. I also have a sim in medical, and one in detective.

With seven households, and a week spent at each one, it's kind of slow going, especially since they all keep rolling "try for baby" wishes, and who am I to say no to that? Even if I do have one family living in a half-built house because they outgrew the old one before they could afford a new one.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    I started off with a scientist. I haven't tried the other careers yet. My scientist made it to level 8 and then died of old age, so I brought her back as a playable ghost, and I'm determined to get to level 10 of the career. :smiley: So far the things I love best are the ray gun (I use it on my Sims at home to turn them into maids so someone is cleaning the house every day) and the cloning machine. I like to clone some of the serums to use frequently like the needs fixer and the slimming one. Oh, and of course I love the aliens! My Sim scientist's husband has had 3 alien babies so far, and they're adorable. All boys.

My Sim scientist's daughter gravitated toward the arts so she's now a level 10 painter and runs a small retail shop that sells her paintings, some clothing, the Easter eggs and her mother's wood working sculptures. The large paintings and the clothing are big sellers.

Here are a few photos:

My ghost Sim scientist at work:
    04-13-15_7-21nbspPM.png

My alien boys in their "disguises:"
    04-15-15_7-38nbspPM-2.png

And My Sim daughter at her Artsy Retail shop:
    StoreOpeningDay.jpg
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm having fun with GTW. My male Sim Tyler Lucin was abducted by aliens & preggers (pre-patch) & his daughter Tatyiana is all grown up. She fell in love and married Derek, an alien, (but didn't know he was alien, so I was unable to unlock the double life achievement). I moved Tatyiana and Derek into their own home. She is level 6 in the Detective career & Derek is level 8 in the Scientist career. They have two kids...Madison & Ty...the entire family is in disguise. I opened my 1st retail shop, an art gallery, 'Art By Tatyiana' when they were 1st married. They just opened their new store, a bakery 'Derek's Baked Goods'. So far so good. Very challenging to play two active careers and retail and have a family. I'm surprised I'm able to mange it all. Tatyiana has 19 brother and sisters (yes her father Tyler Lucin impregnated most of Willow Creek/Oasis Springs)....so I throw a lot of house parties/dinner parties for just family. Wish I knew how to post screenshots on here. I'm in the process of having Tatyiana & Derek renew their vows & then off to Granite Falls for a well needed vacation.
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    I started with the science career mostly to have my male sim abducted by aliens and to make a freeze ray. B) My sim is now chief of staff in the doctor career. Today she is going to wreck havoc on the hospital with the freeze ray and use mind control on the staff and patients. :p
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I'm having fun with GTW. My male Sim Tyler Lucin was abducted by aliens & preggers (pre-patch) & his daughter Tatyiana is all grown up. She fell in love and married Derek, an alien, (but didn't know he was alien, so I was unable to unlock the double life achievement). I moved Tatyiana and Derek into their own home. She is level 6 in the Detective career & Derek is level 8 in the Scientist career. They have two kids...Madison & Ty...the entire family is in disguise. I opened my 1st retail shop, an art gallery, 'Art By Tatyiana' when they were 1st married. They just opened their new store, a bakery 'Derek's Baked Goods'. So far so good. Very challenging to play two active careers and retail and have a family. I'm surprised I'm able to mange it all. Tatyiana has 19 brother and sisters (yes her father Tyler Lucin impregnated most of Willow Creek/Oasis Springs)....so I throw a lot of house parties/dinner parties for just family. Wish I knew how to post screenshots on here. I'm in the process of having Tatyiana & Derek renew their vows & then off to Granite Falls for a well needed vacation.

Got any tips on how to manage that!? I had a retail store for a little and had no time for family, then I had a Sim from the same family join the detective career. Then I gave up on the family because I got too flustered...
  • Options
    AJroxs18AJroxs18 Posts: 311 Member
    I've been playing all the careers in one household with a girl doctor, a boy detective, and an alien girl scientist. I've also opened up a retail store on one of my other saves called "Brooke's Little Bakery". I am trying to get my female alien sim abducted in her disguise to see if it'll work... does anyone know if that would even work? lol :smile:
    >>>:Follow me on Origin and follow on the Gallery: @ AJroxs18:<<<
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Liam O'Dourke and his wife Sawyer live in Willow Creek with the three children they have together (Emily, Colleen, Brandon) and the son (Sirius) Liam had from alien abduction. He's (I think) level 7 in the Scientist career. I'm planning to actively play the eldest daughter (Emily) and the alien son (Sirius) after they age up; Emily is going to own an art gallery/photo shop and sell her works, while in another household Sirius is going to be a detective.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    I started with the Doctor career, which is beyond boring when you reach level 10, so I started a store selling paintings. My sim has the buyable traits for creative genius and marketable and can now paint masterpieces worth 12k, so im working on getting the store filled with 12k masterpieces. She is also doing the science career and at level 10 is also starting to get a little boring but is still much more fun than the doctor career. I havnt done detective yet.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I finally figured out how aliens would work in my PT. I have made one single alien, she is a cheerful loner genius always disgusied as an older woman. Her name is Fairy Godmother and she will henceforth be my avatar in the game. No more motherlode for the rest of the sims, she will give them items and money if they have been good. And if not, she and her cowplant will take care of you =)

She will also direct around and change things according to my little story for this world, and no one will remember her because of her alien powers. Any aliens she finds in the city will be killed since she is the only one cleared for earth-connact for the time being.

I am having so much fun!
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    edited May 2015
    I have two GTW games going. One was a pair of room mates, Phineas the scientist and Taffy my budding retail shop owner. Taffy opened a boutique/bakery (which is now just a bakery b/c the boutique was taking away all the bakery sales :( ). Phineas's life goal was to discover aliens. Taffy ended up getting abducted (poor Phin) and meeting a nice doctor - who happened to be an alien (imagine my surprise when I moved him in, went to work with him and THEN only realized this LOL!!). Phineas struggled but finally created a satellite which allowed him to attempt alien contact. He was ever so pleased to be abducted afterwards, even if he did feel sick later on. He was quite surprised to birth an alien bay girl but also quite thrilled.
    Phineas now has two alien children, is debating between a nice normal girl and a beautiful alien he just met (thanks to his wormhole generator) for love interests (he's not getting any younger!) and Taffy has a son with her doctor (alien) boyfriend (who sadly passed away, but his ghost visits now and again). She is also debating selling her giant retail lot and purchasing a smaller Victorian style house and renovating that into a coffee shop/bakery. (That was the plan but I spent an hour in the game redecorating and it crashed, so.... pffffft).
    *(Phineas and Taffy are the two Sims on the far right of my siggy)

Also - I have Mulder and Scully on the case (as a detective and doctor respectively) investigating all the weird things around town and looking for proof of aliens. Mulder does not get why Scully refuses to accept aliens are real, and Scully just wants to have a normal Sim life, but it's hard when you live next door to Spooky Mulder. She loves him though, weird as he is, who wouldn't? ;)
    *(I made my siggy before I did my X-Files LP)
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    edited May 2015
    aj_4182 wrote: »
    I've been playing all the careers in one household with a girl doctor, a boy detective, and an alien girl scientist. I've also opened up a retail store on one of my other saves called "Brooke's Little Bakery". I am trying to get my female alien sim abducted in her disguise to see if it'll work... does anyone know if that would even work? lol :smile:

Yes. My Disney legacy I made Elsa an alien and she got abducted while in disguise.
  • Options
    bioshockbarbieebioshockbarbiee Posts: 56 Member
    Non stop work at the bakery, i live above it so i never leave unless i have to do something at home :)
  • Options
    asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    @cchant86 - Your scientist is very dedicated (...dead-icated ;) ) to be continuing her work in the afterlife! Also your retail shop is very cute, I love that you included the children's drawings.
  • Options
    asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    edited May 2015
    Here are the highlights of my game :)

I'm playing my avatar simmie, Sinead, and she's a bit... frightening. She was recently promoted to sergeant and the road getting there was an interesting one for sure!

17210783440_f8a0a3ff1c_o.png

17190914157_be31421027_o.png

Sinead married a co-worker... at work. It was hard work 'earning' that promotion ;)

17212155649_ddc837eec4_o.png

Her husband is now a stay-at-home dad. It was really for the best considering who their daughter's best friend is.

16874457937_7ff5e2dba0_o.png

17398000651_7de3e4eae9_o.png
    Post edited by asterravos on
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I started out with a retail photography/painting shop. That was really fun until I got the glitch where the store suddenly loses all fund, can't be sold, or opened, etc.

V3Uvd9w.png

After that I moved on to the medical career. Didn't get too far i it before my Sim became an elder and I had her retire. But what I did play was pretty fun.

NqgE8ob.png

In the next generation I tried out the detective career. Probably my favorite so far. I love the animations and interactions.

xdKaZVl.png

mlKamPE.png

kVQX79s.png

mIbXgFy.png

FkaJ83X.png

I haven't tried the science career yet but the 3rd generation in my family is about to age up so one of them will become a scientist :)

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    jessi114jessi114 Posts: 37 Member
    Hello! :)
    So thus far in GTW I've been exploring the doctor career and the detective career quite a bit. I make Youtube "Let's Plays" and it really has added an awesome dynamic to the game. I am currently developing my Sim's baking skill so she can open a bakery, which was one of the things I was the most excited about!
  • Options
    T_MMYT_MMY Posts: 40 Member
    edited May 2015
    deleted
    Post edited by T_MMY on
    tumblr_mhn2vkvrd51rkae8go1_500_by_yeruie-d5z2mq4.gif
  • Options
    > @ldmarko said:
    > I'm having a lot more fun than I thought I would with this EP, the science career has been my favorite so far, I have 2 sims in it (who, to my disappointment, can't be at work at the same time, I wanted them to meet there and become friends). I'm not really interested in the retail shops yet, maybe that will change later, but for now I'm thinking about bulldozing Magnolia Promenade, and turning it into a residential neighborhood. I also have a sim in medical, and one in detective.
    >
    > With seven households, and a week spent at each one, it's kind of slow going, especially since they all keep rolling "try for baby" wishes, and who am I to say no to that? Even if I do have one family living in a half-built house because they outgrew the old one before they could afford a new one.
  • Options
    I love how your doing gameplay, I hope things get a little bit easier and I can't wait to her more from you!
  • Options
    > @cchant86 said:
    > I started off with a scientist. I haven't tried the other careers yet. My scientist made it to level 8 and then died of old age, so I brought her back as a playable ghost, and I'm determined to get to level 10 of the career. :smiley: So far the things I love best are the ray gun (I use it on my Sims at home to turn them into maids so someone is cleaning the house every day) and the cloning machine. I like to clone some of the serums to use frequently like the needs fixer and the slimming one. Oh, and of course I love the aliens! My Sim scientist's husband has had 3 alien babies so far, and they're adorable. All boys.
    >
    > My Sim scientist's daughter gravitated toward the arts so she's now a level 10 painter and runs a small retail shop that sells her paintings, some clothing, the Easter eggs and her mother's wood working sculptures. The large paintings and the clothing are big sellers.
    >
    > Here are a few photos:
    >
    > My ghost Sim scientist at work:
    >
    >
    > My alien boys in their "disguises:"
    >
    >
    > And My Sim daughter at her Artsy Retail shop:

Nice job with your gameplay. Whenever I watch videos I say just do your work already. I mean, isn't that what GET TO WORK means!? :D
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    > @Sha2520032003 said:
    > I'm having fun with GTW. My male Sim Tyler Lucin was abducted by aliens & preggers (pre-patch) & his daughter Tatyiana is all grown up. She fell in love and married Derek, an alien, (but didn't know he was alien, so I was unable to unlock the double life achievement). I moved Tatyiana and Derek into their own home. She is level 6 in the Detective career & Derek is level 8 in the Scientist career. They have two kids...Madison & Ty...the entire family is in disguise. I opened my 1st retail shop, an art gallery, 'Art By Tatyiana' when they were 1st married. They just opened their new store, a bakery 'Derek's Baked Goods'. So far so good. Very challenging to play two active careers and retail and have a family. I'm surprised I'm able to mange it all. Tatyiana has 19 brother and sisters (yes her father Tyler Lucin impregnated most of Willow Creek/Oasis Springs)....so I throw a lot of house parties/dinner parties for just family. Wish I knew how to post screenshots on here. I'm in the process of having Tatyiana & Derek renew their vows & then off to Granite Falls for a well needed vacation.

I like how your using Get To Work but how you're switching the gameplay up a bit. Enjoy your simming! :)
  • Options
    > @surraaaaaa said:

> Got any tips on how to manage that!? I had a retail store for a little and had no time for family, then I had a Sim from the same family join the detective career. Then I gave up on the family because I got too flustered...

You could take some time off from your retail store and just do some stuff with family. I hope you figure your problem out!
  • Options
    > @aj_4182 said:
    > I've been playing all the careers in one household with a girl doctor, a boy detective, and an alien girl scientist. I've also opened up a retail store on one of my other saves called "Brooke's Little Bakery". I am trying to get my female alien sim abducted in her disguise to see if it'll work... does anyone know if that would even work? lol :smile:

I don't think it works... but you could just try it out.
  • Options
    > @stilljustme2 said:
    > Liam O'Dourke and his wife Sawyer live in Willow Creek with the three children they have together (Emily, Colleen, Brandon) and the son (Sirius) Liam had from alien abduction. He's (I think) level 7 in the Scientist career. I'm planning to actively play the eldest daughter (Emily) and the alien son (Sirius) after they age up; Emily is going to own an art gallery/photo shop and sell her works, while in another household Sirius is going to be a detective.

Sirius reminds me of Sirius Black from Harry Potter! XD