Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alien Abduction and No Abductions Mod 1.5 (Update June 11th)

Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
edited June 2015 in Gameplay Mods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZd7iYh27I

The mod is available here:
Mod The Sims - Tanja1986

The Satellite can now be used repeatedly. (That means even if you contacted Aliens, the function will not turn off for 24 hours.)

WARNING: Make sure not to contact Aliens if Alien visitors are already at your home! This will force the game to create new NPC aliens and this will replace certain NPC's around the world! Remember I warned you!
  • The satellite will stay active and you can contact the Aliens more than once.
  • The duration for the "Contact Aliens" interaction is now set to almost forever. You do not need to contact Aliens everyday. It will stay active! If you get your Sim abducted the first time, it should not take long for any other sim in this save file to get abducted as well!
  • Females can now be impregnated by Alien abductions!
  • Males will become pregnant as well.
  • Teens can be abducted!
  • You cannot use the satellite for preventing abductions after you clicked already on "Contact Aliens". You wanted Aliens? Then you need to live with them.
  • You can now cancel the interaction when Sims go outside to investigate "weird lights". just click cancel on the interaction and then choose something else to do, before the Sim goes out again, after that the UFO is gone.

[WARNING! Don't use all of them at the same time! Only one package at a time will work!]

Abduction Mod ver. 1.4: this version contains all of the above mentioned features. You want aliens in your game and become pregnant? Use the satellite between 6:00 PM - 5:00 AM, on your home lot. You will either get a phone call and right after that a 100% guaranteed abduction, or alien visitors will come over and you will be abducted regardless.

No Abductions ver. 1.4: This version is created for the other side of the fence. The people who complained about too many abductions can now prevent them through the satellite and it will stay forever on prevention. However the "Contact Aliens" interaction will stay active and you can use it even while the satellite is preventing. The buff for successful abductions wears off quite fast and therefore you don't need to worry that suddenly a whole invasion could happen. Just Contact them once and you will get what you wanted. An Alien baby regardless of your gender!

Prevent Abductions [120 hours]: Has the same features as the No Abduction mod, but here the duration will not stay active forever. Rather than activating the satellite every 24 hours, you have it now active for 120 hours!

Prevent Abductions [168 hours]: Has the same features as the No Abduction mod, but here the duration will not stay active forever. Rather than activating the satellite every 24 hours, you have it now active for 168 hours!

Prevent Abductions [360 hours]: Has the same features as the No Abduction mod, but here the duration will not stay active forever. Rather than activating the satellite every 24 hours, you have it now active for 360 hours!
Again you can while it's preventing abductions click on "Contact Aliens" this will result in an immediate abduction resulting most likely in pregnancy!

Fan Requested Flavors:

Alien Abduction Mod ver. 1.4 (Extreme) This mod is the same as the main mod. But this time it's the extreme version. That means that abductions can now happen from 1:00 AM and from then on 24 hours! I also lowered the lock out time, which means it could happen way more.
icon_new.gifAlien Abduction Mod ver. 1.4 (Hardcore): All values increased, No chance for phone calls, neither alien visitors will ever come to you. The only outcome is an abduction! It will work on your home lot or surroundings once you click on Contact Aliens!
icon_new.gifNo Alien Abductions Mod ver. 1.4 (Hardcore): This is the opposite of the Hardcore Abductions mod. You click on prevent abductions and the no chance buff stays forever, until you decide to be abducted! No Alien visitors, no phone calls, only pure abductions!
Alien Abduction Mod ver. 1.4 (50% Pregnancy): 50% chance of either female or male to become pregnant through an abduction.
Alien Abduction Mod ver. 1.4 (only females): This mod contains all the features of the main 1.2 mod. But this time only females can become pregnant. Males will be abducted but won’t come back pregnant.
Alien Abduction Mod ver. 1.4 (only females - Extreme) This mod is the same as the normal only females mod. But this time it's the extreme version. That means that abductions can now happen from 1:00 AM and from then on 24 hours! I also lowered the lock out time, which means it could happen way more.
Alien Abduction Mod ver. 1.4 (only females - 50%): The same as the female only mod, but this time with only a 50% chance of becoming pregnant. Males won't come back pregnant.

Compatibility:
Made with version 1.5.149.1020 and is now also 100% compatible with the new patch version: 1.7.62.1020

Conflicts with every mod that tries to change the aliens abduction system or the satellite itself!
Post edited by Tanja1986 on

Comments

• Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    I'd be willing to do this, I can definitely put in the game time you require.
  • Options
    Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    I would do it, but I don't have permission to pm anyone, i don't know why.
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • Options
    AndiBugAndiBug Posts: 25 Member
    edited April 2015
    I want to try!!! even if I am not an offical tester can I try it please? :( not having abductions its diving up the wall. Iv been trying for real life days and sim years to get abducted. I have even done everything in game to increase chance.
  • Options
    Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    > @AndiBug said:
    > I want to try! not having abductions its diving up the wall.

same.
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you all three of you! I appreciate that a lot.
    I sent you all a PM with the mod attached, please follow the instructions and let me know how it goes for you! :smile:
  • Options
    Just so you know what I created for the experiment:

Pair of brothers, young adults. One's in the athlete career, the other in tech guru. I decided to see what happened without anyone being a scientist or having a satellite. Just started day 4, no abductions yet. The boys keep to themselves pretty much though, the jock brother went to the gym for a couple hours and talked to a couple NPCs but I have no idea if they were aliens or not. I was thinking of doing a full in-game week this way and then adding the satellite or starting a second game with the satellite to compare results.
  • Options
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Just so you know what I created for the experiment:

Pair of brothers, young adults. One's in the athlete career, the other in tech guru. I decided to see what happened without anyone being a scientist or having a satellite. Just started day 4, no abductions yet. The boys keep to themselves pretty much though, the jock brother went to the gym for a couple hours and talked to a couple NPCs but I have no idea if they were aliens or not. I was thinking of doing a full in-game week this way and then adding the satellite or starting a second game with the satellite to compare results.

Okay thank you very much for the update @MocaJava. Just for your information, these things should supposedly higher the odds / chances:

- Being a Scientist (why? Because they are able to find the disguised aliens!)
    - Being a Doctor (why? Because they are able to find the disguised aliens!)
    - meeting aliens in disguise. (tip: with my Alien Autonomy Mod on MTS it will be easy for you to find the aliens in disguise, because if you let them chat with you without choosing actions etc. they will choose at some point to analyze or probe your sim! Then you will know the sim is an Alien in disguise! It's very likely that knowing at least 2-3 disguised aliens will boost the chances!)
    - Logic skill
    - Crystal, Space rocks and little fake aliens in your inventory or on the lot also increase the chances
    - Rocket ship and Observatory increase the chances
    - As well as joking about Aliens, at least that's what I figured out after reading it from a few people already!

If nothing happens after a full week of not doing any of the above, please consider testing it with the tips above. If it works then I need to change a few values and make them higher!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    > @Cyph86 said:
    > MocaJava wrote: »
    >
    > Just so you know what I created for the experiment:
    >
    > Pair of brothers, young adults. One's in the athlete career, the other in tech guru. I decided to see what happened without anyone being a scientist or having a satellite. Just started day 4, no abductions yet. The boys keep to themselves pretty much though, the jock brother went to the gym for a couple hours and talked to a couple NPCs but I have no idea if they were aliens or not. I was thinking of doing a full in-game week this way and then adding the satellite or starting a second game with the satellite to compare results.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Okay thank you very much for the update MocaJava. Just for your information, these things should supposedly higher the odds / chances:
    >
    > - Being a Scientist (why? Because they are able to find the disguised aliens!)
    > - Being a Doctor (why? Because they are able to find the disguised aliens!)
    > - meeting aliens in disguise. (tip: with my Alien Autonomy Mod on MTS it will be easy for you to find the aliens in disguise, because if you let them chat with you without choosing actions etc. they will choose at some point to analyze or probe your sim! Then you will know the sim is an Alien in disguise! It's very likely that knowing at least 2-3 disguised aliens will boost the chances!)
    > - Logic skill
    > - Crystal, Space rocks and little fake aliens in your inventory or on the lot also increase the chances
    > - Rocket ship and Observatory increase the chances
    > - As well as joking about Aliens, at least that's what I figured out after reading it from a few people already!
    >
    > If nothing happens after a full week of not doing any of the above, please consider testing it with the tips above. If it works then I need to change a few values and make them higher!

If I get nothing after this week I'll load up with as much 'alien' stuff as I can and see how long it takes to get abducted.
  • Options
    Ok week with nothing to attract aliens done, no abductions. Played from sunday morning to the following sunday night. going to make a new save and cheat in every alien related thing I can find and make a scientist to see how long it takes.
  • Options
    Okay, I really hope that EA did not change something in the data files that prevents the abductions to happen like they did before. Because if that was the case no tuning could overwrite it and the tools for extracting the data files are currently not working correctly as far as I know. So let's hope that with certain things in the game the tuning values kick in. Good to know that a whole sim week without anything specific did not attract aliens. As soon I know about the next week with everything possible to attract them I will check again. I really hope they did not mess with the data files for preventing aliens to abduct... I mean I found things that they changed or added in the April patch. But I reversed these changes.
  • Options
    Started my scientist, finished three days so far. Have all the alien-y stuff, use the satellite each day. Got phone calls from aliens on days 2 and 3 but no abduction. I'll continue this tomorrow, I'll keep you posted.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Started my scientist, finished three days so far. Have all the alien-y stuff, use the satellite each day. Got phone calls from aliens on days 2 and 3 but no abduction. I'll continue this tomorrow, I'll keep you posted.

Before the patch I needed to contact Aliens 4 nights in a row and one evening aliens came to visit my sim on his home lot... But it took a very long time to actually get this done... I wrote two of the Gurus a PM to ask if they changed any of the data files regarding abductions and aliens. Or if I can actually reverse their changes. I hope that one of them will respond... They definitely changed a few values in the tuning files and I changed them all back to what it was before April's patch! So if the answer is YES we did change the core of the game... Then we all need to wait for a tool that can correctly extract the new data files... So I hope the answer will be yes you can change it back... Let's all press our thumbs and hope for the best!
  • Options
    Week done with the scientist. No abductions.

Used satellite every night, got calls from aliens nights 2, 3, and 6 but they never came into my home.

Bummer, looks like we're stuck with what we've got...at least for now.
  • Options
    Week done with the scientist. No abductions.

Used satellite every night, got calls from aliens nights 2, 3, and 6 but they never came into my home.

Bummer, looks like we're stuck with what we've got...at least for now.

Thank you @MocaJava. Now I am waiting to hear back from the other testers if anything else happened for them. It's really a shame whatever EA changed it's a LOT and even with contacting the aliens through the satellite nothing happens... WOW...

I did something else yesterday, because I wanted to make sure nothing was bugged in my game. I deleted all save games that I had... Repaired the game on Origin and removed the old cache files etc. I am now at day 3 with my male no scientist, nothing. So far no abductions either... End of the week I will let him join the science career and see what that does for me. I really hope I can find the source of this problem somehow...
  • Options
    Cyph86 wrote: »

Thank you @MocaJava. Now I am waiting to hear back from the other testers if anything else happened for them. It's really a shame whatever EA changed it's a LOT and even with contacting the aliens through the satellite nothing happens... WOW...

I did something else yesterday, because I wanted to make sure nothing was bugged in my game. I deleted all save games that I had... Repaired the game on Origin and removed the old cache files etc. I am now at day 3 with my male no scientist, nothing. So far no abductions either... End of the week I will let him join the science career and see what that does for me. I really hope I can find the source of this problem somehow...

I created a scientist right before the patch and he and his roommates were getting abducted almost nightly. Then after the patch...nothing. And this guy had all the science stuff, and a ton of a plants from the alien planet in his yard.

Let me know if you find anything out. Some people say they're still getting a lot of abductions so there has to be some sort of factor at work here.

• Options
    I may need to check the scientist files as well... But I thought the abductions were random. Not only for scientists and doctors... I mean I read all over the forum that people got abducted that were not in any active career... Maybe retail also counts towards the chances... Even though I still believe meeting at least 2-3 disguised aliens and figuring out they are aliens boosts the chances a lot!
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Are you still looking for testers? I'll be glad to help. I was getting quite a few abductions with my doctor before the patch. Then after not so much.

I assume you would want me to pull my other mods before trying yours? I have a ton of clothes, hair, skin, eyes and some mods as well.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    If you need any other assistants let me know. I'm one of the few unlucky ones who didn't get an abduction pre or post patch. I had a level 3 scientist pre patch without any alien interaciton, she is now level 6 and still zero alien interactions. Her co-worker is even an alien that she has become friends with but no abductions in sight.
  • Options
    Thank you so much @windweaver & @Clk1143 . I sent you both a PM with the mod attached to it. Make sure to report back if it changes anything at all for you. I am also still waiting for an answer back from the Gurus, so hopefully then I will know more about the changes that were actually done to the files. :smile:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    BTW. very important. Whoever of you uses the mod from weebl_101? (Weebl_101 - Base Mod Version 2.6)
    I just checked the files inside this mod. It's a mod that activates autonomy for NPC Sims. And I just deleted a whole bunch of autonomous files that should not be there... Like autonomously fire, or get a job. It could be that because of these files the Alien NPC Pollinator fires her own job and gets another one. Ergo: the Pollinator job stays empty = no abductions!

I just figured that, when I saw all those hire, fire autonomy interactions! I deleted them from the mod and will test it again now. If you do not have this mod, don't worry. But it could be a factor, just saying.

EDIT: now I also know why at each new game start a community gardener is watering the plants and suddenly he disappears during the game. It could simply be that he fired his own job... I will test it now a few days with the changes in these files to see if the created households stay. I am at day 1 and so far the Pollinator household was not created. I turned it to visible in the manage household screen. A few households were created an hour after starting. I will check it further to see when the game actually creates the Pollinator household. :smile:
    Post edited by Tanja1986 on
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited April 2015
    Well I'm back from my testing. I created a male sim named him Herbie Test lol.
    He is Athletic, Ambitious, Active, Outgoing, and high metabolism.
    He moved into an EA starter house in Willow Creek, I know some were speculating what house you move into could effect abductions.
    Started Monday 9:49pm. Ended following Monday 9:50pm
    I did use kaching cheat to buy furniture, and rocket, but used no other cheats, custom content, nor mods.
    He built space rocket
    He owned retail store in attempts to meet and befriend alien in disguise (never happened that I know of)
    He stargazed every night, and was outside a lot.
    At the end of the week he had:

1) skills:
    1 comedy
    2 charism
    4 cooking
    8 rocket science
    2 fitness

2) Space Rocks collected and put outside:
    1 big
    3 common

Results:
    Zero abductions, zero pregnancy, zero meetings with aliens in disguise.
  • Options
    Thank you for the update @Clk1143. This is so weird... I mean what did Maxis change apart from the tuning files? I checked the Data files of the EP but I could not find anything that could alter the abduction system... So I am really clueless right now of what to look for, apart from all the tuning files for abductions etc. I mean I even added Crystals to the testing system for higher chances. Because default it was only spacerocks and little aliens who could increase the chances by 1.5. They are working with multipliers for the different chances. One of them is being a scientist... I need to dig deeper in the game code files to find what they changed... What a bummer. Did you try using the satellite from the science career to contact Aliens? Because this as well increases the chances.
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Very curious to see how this turns out!
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    It's so great that you're doing this, but I also have no random abductions. The only way my sims can ever get abducted is to discover that another sim is an alien--so your other mod for the aliens' behaviour would be the best one for people like me.

Except that I never use mods--I expect EA to make my game work.

However, I really support this for those who are comfortable with mods. Do you have a download link I could recommend to such players?
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    I know I'm not testing your mod, but I find this thread very interesting. Last night I had my first abduction since the patch. My level-10 professsional gamer (male) was abducted at 10pm, just as he got home from work. He's now pregnant. He has level 10 rocket science skill, a rocket in his back garden, he's been to Sixam twice, met a different alien there each time, both of whom have been to visit him in Willow Creek (he lives in a house from the Gallery) and one of whom is now freinds with him. His wife is a level 10 gardener and they have all 3 alien plants growing in their garden. He has various polished geodes around the house and one little alien-in-a-tank. He has a big ol' pink space rock sitting on the dresser in their bedroom. This is the first time he's been abducted since I installed GTW on release day... He has no science-y things at all.