Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petting Zoo EP: What’s Needed for a Very Good Petting Zoo Expansion? (Pics)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    edited June 2015
    this collecting items thing is so unsimlish. Sim, a simulation game, needs something 'experimental'. Like chicken physics! perhaps if a Sim spread corn seeds on one area, the chicken will have a physics to actually run to that area. It would be fun say to have 2 sims spreading corn seeds in two different areas, then the chicken will go berserk. Same like feeding fish, but I guess with fish, since pond is already there anyway and the Sims sort of cluttered onto one fishing sign, so it won't work.

Sims team that is EAXIS need to realize that the core gameplay of Sim is Simulation, not collecting crystal, or eggs, or whatever.

That is why we need the terraforming tool to return. that's why people miss the CAS. that's why people love get to work. that's why people love natural disaster to be included. I don't mind the CAS, as long as EAXIS realize that the path they are doing now is the wrong path. I hope EAXIS don't use anymore of those stupid engine issues.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Awesome pics to scroll through. Never gonna happen. They would be better off with pets than a zoo of animals and animations just to make a Sim happy.

It's good to keep letting them know that our expectations are high. ;)

• Options
    edited June 2015
    rochelimit wrote: »
    this collecting items thing is so unsimlish. Sim, a simulation game, needs something 'experimental'. Like chicken physics! perhaps if a Sim spread corn seeds on one area, the chicken will have a physics to actually run to that area. It would be fun say to have 2 sims spreading corn seeds in two different areas, then the chicken will go berserk. Same like feeding fish, but I guess with fish, since pond is already there anyway and the Sims sort of cluttered onto one fishing sign, so it won't work.

Sims team that is EAXIS need to realize that the core gameplay of Sim is Simulation, not collecting crystal, or eggs, or whatever.

That is why we need the terraforming tool to return. that's why people miss the CAS. that's why people love get to work. that's why people love natural disaster to be included. I don't mind the CAS, as long as EAXIS realize that the path they are doing now is the wrong path. I hope EAXIS don't use anymore of those stupid engine issues.

I'm not even sure what your comment means in regards to this idea, I certainly haven't asked for task lists and questing here. There's lots of potential for simulation. I would hope that at least *some* of the animals would not be tied to pens, but even if they were, if Sims can enter and interact with them that way, it could simulate the petting zoo experience:

es4wg5.jpg

SimGuruLyndsay has said that in-game physics is cool, but probably too much for this game. But, I think it wouldn't be beyond them to have a Sim perform the scatter seed animation and have birds peck in the vicinity, same with fish. The birds may or may not be attached to spots in the pond, even if so, they could still have them swim back and forth between 'feeding signposts'.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    greenXen wrote: »
    Farmer’s Market to buy and sell the fruit, veg, flowers, and alien matter the Sims grow.

fa334o.jpg

The market could also sell milk, eggs, honey, beeswax, and wool from the animals.

1608nq9.jpg

Additionally, perhaps Sims could sell jams, jellies, or preserves made from the garden harvested fruits. Sims could enter these goods in the state/county/district fair competitions. Having these in your fridge could make your quick bites either satiate hunger better or give a little moodlet boost when eating them:

2m7b0qv.jpg

And, freshly churned butter too, maybe even goat cheese:

2i92ree.jpg
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Lots of animal suits: Sims will have to suffice for animals.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    Lots of animal suits: Sims will have to suffice for animals.

@Darleymike, who knows? They may, but I hope not.

You know, Grim is so modern as to have a tablet, maybe the Sims will only be allowed electronic pets:

15g8lso.jpg
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I actually tweeted @SimGuruDaniel about this EP idea thread, and he said he would like this too! :smiley:
    Link:
    https://twitter.com/simgurudaniel/status/607999724029739008
  • Options
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    I actually tweeted @SimGuruDaniel about this EP idea thread, and he said he would like this too! :smiley:
    Link:
    https://twitter.com/simgurudaniel/status/607999724029739008

Thanks, @ULIBABA66 ! I appreciate that, especially since I don't have Twitter myself.

There lots of good ideas in the forums. I hope the gurus actually see them so that they have a chance of making it into the games.
  • Options
    sims21975sims21975 Posts: 214 Member
    jurassic park thats what we need ,some peolpe want the dead walking around then how about that,lol :p;)
    2qxq5qd.jpg
    cheek me out on the gallery #sims21975
  • Options
    sims21975 wrote: »
    jurassic park thats what we need ,some peolpe want the dead walking around then how about that,lol :p;)

Then check out the supernatural threads, like this one: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/836552/back-to-life-the-great-beyond#latest
  • Options
    I hope this kind of interaction is included. It would fit in great with this type of EP, pointing out or spotting the animals or items, and provides some of the feel of intergenerational interaction, which I hope we get more of:

2gseuyv.jpg
  • Options
    Haystacks and sheds as new woohoo places.

2qvqrz5.jpg

Hay bale mazes to take advantage of improved in-game routing. (Maybe this feature could combing with Supernatural to have 'haunted' mazes.)

2pt7406.jpg
  • Options
    Some of these ideas would work great in a Farm Life pack, if it can be done without sacrificing depth of either pack idea. There is a lot of overlap with the animals, farmer's market, state fair, etc.
  • Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    It would be great if integrated into a farm expansion or something along those lines. Alone, I feel not many would utilize the features and it lacks replayability. But combined with aspects of farming like markets, horse shows, county fairs, huge properties, tractors and agriculture I think it'd be adorable and usable!
  • Options
    dragonfire1399dragonfire1399 Posts: 151 Member
    This would be great! :D
  • Options
    Some country and farm inspired clothing:

25tunmc.jpg
    f24ml5.jpg
    2uoqsjk.jpg