Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To avoid alien abduction:

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    i feel bad for others or maybe my days are just numbered but i havent had any alien abductions i dont think ive even encountered one alien yet. i always found them annoying so i hope my games continues to be alien free.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    > @Mylita said:
    > I've read that GTW/patch broke most cc and mods, because they changed the coding in a way that is incompatible with the old coding. (I think if you check the The Sims 4 Modding and Custom Content forums, you will find out more details.) So unless the mod has been updated, it should be removed and may have unforeseen consequences. Maybe that is why some have so many abductions and pregnancies?
    >
    > Mylita

Hmmm maybe I need to check without mods myself to see if it makes any difference and that means all of it... I am sure that most of the stuff is working for the patch. But who knows, maybe one or more of the mods is preventing the Aliens from abducting my sims...
  • Options
    Easy BreazyEasy Breazy Posts: 88 Member
    I have no custom content or modifications & I have yet to encounter any aliens or get abducted. Getting jealous of those who are getting abducted every night :(
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    From what I am seeing, there's a serious imbalance with alien abductions in TS4. Back in the olden days of TS2, you could not get abducted by aliens unless you looked through a telescope at night; then, you were actually given just a CHANCE to be abducted. In TS3, you didn't even have to have a telescope. Nope, just sometimes aliens will wake your Sims up and abduct them and there is nothing you could do about it. I did like how the aliens in TS3 had that cool synth effect over their voices, though. Unfortunately, it seems like the Sims team decided to take a leaf from the TS3 aliens and just make it so, whether you like it or not, they're GOING to abduct your Sims, they ARE going to get pregnant, and there is NOTHING you can do about it (barring that satellite, but that means i HAVE to make a sim become a scientist and I DON'T WANT TO.)
    In Sims 3 it's space rocks on your lot or in your inventory that triggers it. I never had a random visit ever, just when I collected some space rocks. And that 's the way it should be imo, players having to trigger this instead of it happening all the time.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    madarmadar Posts: 53 Member
    yeah male pregnacy i mean wth i dont find the humor in this when im playing realisticly
    i should be an option to turn aliens off completely i hope there will be a mod for that its a must have mod
  • Options
    sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    edited April 2015
    madar wrote: »
    yeah male pregnacy i mean wth i dont find the humor in this when im playing realisticly
    i should be an option to turn aliens off completely i hope there will be a mod for that its a must have mod

I guess it's some kind of "revenge" for the female players, to see pregnancy on males, that's why they find it amusing I suppose.

I'm male, but man or woman, getting kidnapped then pregnant is not fine for me. And I love to goof around and make fun of a lot of things but this is seriously not funny. Even for a game.
    1522086871-legatelanius.gif
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited April 2015
    I don't like those types of aliens in general and the thought of being kidnapped and made pregnant is well... I don't think I need to say the word.

It does not sit well with me for my game. I can understand others may not see it that way and I'm fine with that.

I don't really understand why they decided not to let us turn off forced abductions and also aliens. I haven't seen any yet and I hope I never do.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ayumap wrote: »
    I don't like those types of aliens in general and the thought of being kidnapped and made pregnant is well... I don't think I need to say the word.

It does not sit well with me for my game. I can understand others may not see it that way and I'm fine with that.

I don't really understand why they decided not to let us turn off forced abductions and also aliens. I haven't seen any yet and I hope I never do.

They did but not with a ON/OFF option, and it also forces you (again?) to play the scientist career, for the first time in my playthrough I actually had to use cheats because I just don't want to risk my sims to get owned by aliens.

CTRL+Shift+C > testingcheats true > bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement > go in Build Mode > bb.showhiddenobjects then you go to the filters and click on "clear all" and the Satellite Dish will appear.
    You can "prevent abductions" not sure it works 100% though, and you have to activate it every 24h because it resets.

If it does work it means there's a script to cancel abductions, so adding this option the game options wouldn't be hard to do and should have been the way to go, not an item.

Also, now when my sims turn on the TV it always goes with the alien channel for me. Seems they really want us to like them.
  • Options
    BeccareeBeccaree Posts: 436 Member
    This thread is making me LOL. I haven't had any abductions yet. Hope I don't get any. I don't want aliens in my game.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    itsug wrote: »
    Well, you can join the science career and get up to level 7 and build your own satelite. :)

I build my satellite on Level 3. Weird.

• Options
    nazaknazak Posts: 62 Member
    I think it`s great that you can just send the baby "home" to space when your male has given birth. I did not want a green, alien baby in my family! I have been obducted twice by aliens, one with a man and the other time with the woman.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    edited April 2015
    I don't mind the abductions and all that comes with it, but my scientist Sim has been abducted three times (and I've been spamming "prevent abductions" every time I remember and it lets me do so, which is why it's ONLY been three times) and impregnated every single time. I like alien kids, but man, that is WAY too much, especially since one of the pregnancies resulted in twins. I know we can send them back, but ... I'd rather avoid the pregnancies in the first place.

Ideally "prevent abductions" would premanently do that until you decide to "contact aliens" again, with the 24 hour cooldown being reserved for changing your mind.
    Post edited by Sjofn on
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I laugh way too much when I read these alien threads! :D
    He/Him
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    sidney216 wrote: »
    1427982375-sans-titre.jpg
    Just noticed this... lol

The most annoying thing about this screenshot is that we can't really take photo of so many sims at once !
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    @Sidney216 I think I've read for some people the satellites weren't helping stop the abductions and there was some problems there but, I'm not sure if that's a bug or not. I will definitely give it a try though, thanks for the heads up.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    sidney216 wrote: »
    obviously EA is into alien 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

I can't disagree. I myself do not enjoy the thought of getting date-plum'd and knocked up night after night.

An OPTION to Turn Off aliens (supernaturals, etc.) would be a welcome tool.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    And as the same alien is doing the "pollination" all abduction babies are siblings! As someone who never played aliens I am very disappointed with the saturation of aliens. Definitely need a way to block aliens and abductions.

kim :/
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    DawnWriterDawnWriter Posts: 13 New Member
    This sounds terrible. I hope they patch this soon. I haven't had any interactions with the aliens yet, but the two sims in my family are currently ghosts. I was going to resurrect one of them with ambrosia, but I guess I'll wait until this is fixed. I guess simmers who don't want alien pregnancies could play with ghost sims until there's a patch...
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    It could be worse guys. I was watching Drgluons live twitch playthrough and after he had his sim deliver an alien baby at the hospital, as SOON as he got home he was abducted and impregnated again.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    edited April 2015
    > @zeldagirl180 said:
    > It could be worse guys. I was watching Drgluons live twitch playthrough and after he had his sim deliver an alien baby at the hospital, as SOON as he got home he was abducted and impregnated again.

Yep, that happened to my Sim too. And then that pregnancy resulted in twins. It's ... a bit silly.
  • Options
    NelkeyNelkey Posts: 77 Member
    edited April 2015
    Glad to know I'm not the only one stuck with the multiple abductions + pregnancy for my guy/scientist!

Hopefully we get a patch soon...
    I feel like I'm starting my own colony over here! :D
    04-29-15_8-49nbspPM-7_zpsqjyv5cwq.jpg
    Origin ID: Nelkeys
  • Options
    DanaKScullyFBlDanaKScullyFBl Posts: 355 Member
    I'm thinking all of the UFO sightings and aliens might have to do with #XFiles2015 coming back or maybe EA has people working for Area 51 I have no idea just ask FWilliamMulder what he believes cause ...... The Truth Is Out There!!!!!
  • Options
    Something I don't understand is why they add aliens and all their stuff like a TV channel, clothes, tattoos and even a whole world in a business/work EP? Couldn't they save aliens for a supernatural-like EP?

The other is that they made an item you need to unlock in order to prevent abductions but are lazy to use the script to add a simple option in menus.
  • Options
    iambigfatuglycowiambigfatuglycow Posts: 24 Member
    i am getting really tired of my sims being abducted. i don't want aliens in certain worlds. this new expansion they're being abducted left and right and ruining my game. this one family has the husband pregnant, now the wife just got abducted. UGH!!!
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Ctrl+Shift+C resetsim :s

I'm not anti-alien but I do think they need to lower the probability/frequency of abduction a lot more (maybe a .0000004 % chance per day). It's like the Aliens are REALLY trying to take over the planet by repopulating it. <_____<