Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else having trouble finding suspects in the detective career path?

Comments

• Options
    Lorean HoferLorean Hofer Posts: 199 Member
    On my first case everyone was saying isn't that HER right over there but it was a guy. After that though my suspects matched the description.
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    mjsegaline wrote: »
    It's not a bug. You aren't getting enough clues. There are 6 possible clues in your notebook. You need to gather more clues at a scene then just what the objectIves say. I have never arrested the wrong person.

No I think it's a bug. I have hit this problem with the maximum number of clues. A female turns up each time (I've issued a APB 3 times) who matches 4 of the 6 clues but when my sim tried to arrest her he lost performance for making a false arrest.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    Sasso0o85Sasso0o85 Posts: 16 Member
    I had the same problem, 6 clues and all matched one woman who was always around. I interrogated her and she was found innocent, then I tried to arrest her again and got performance loss. So I just quit the job and rejoined (she started at level 3 this time), got a new case and solved it successfully. So it was only the first case that was bugged for me so far, but it was really very frustrating.
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    Same problem here. I have max number of clues. Part of the problem is that suspect is described as teen with ambitious trait but teens cant have the ambitious trait. When it sounds like a bug and it screws your game up like a bug, then its probably a bug.
  • Options
    Amy1984xoxoAmy1984xoxo Posts: 9 New Member
    The issue I'm having with the detective career is that I'm finding the suspect, bringing them to the station, finding them guilty, getting a confession, locking them up and the case is closed. The next work day, I get the prompt to issue a APB on the same case I had already closed and the crime map is only giving me the option to "Go on Patrol" and I can't do anything else. I've tried finding a forum of this issue, but it seems I'm the only one with this issue... is anyone else having this problem??
  • Options
    SithCat138SithCat138 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited April 2015
    [quote="mjsegaline;13494976"]It's not a bug. You aren't getting enough clues. There are 6 possible clues in your notebook. You need to gather more clues at a scene then just what the objectIves say. I have never arrested the wrong person.[/quote]
    I have all 6 clues but still can't find the suspect that matches all of them. I found one that almost fit the description, but the trait is ambitious and teens can't have it. Does the "Deduce clue" interaction help at all or does it only ever just give a focused moodlet? And it it possible to interrogate a sim without arresting them or do they need to have bee arrested first?
  • Options
    mchristy1963mchristy1963 Posts: 29 Member
    I found a way to get rid of a bugged case... I know we all play the GET TO WORK because we can actually take part, BUT, after 6 days of trying to get the suspect with all 6 clues, I found that if you do NOT join him for work and let him go alone and place him instead of NORMAL on WORK HARD, he comes home and the slate is completely cleaned of clues which means he solved it through the UI or it unbugged and released the case. Either way, I did not have to quit and restart or anything else, worked first time to, when I did not JOIN him at work. Just an idea?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Yeah,I found out you need to take more photo's and collect more evidence before you go back to the police station from the crime scene. More than they actually ask for.
  • Options
    SamInSimsSamInSims Posts: 60 Member
  • Options
    LenoreLoveLenoreLove Posts: 72 Member
    I am a Lieutenant Who has lost job gains for arresting the wrong suspect twice. Old grey haired evil female in jeans and jacket. Even when I add clues to the board, no new clues are added to my notebook. Been doing busy work back at the station. Next work day I will do another APB and see how many evil old gomers wearing jeans and a jacket are out there. One of them must be guilty of something. I think I saw one spit on the sidewalk.
    The necessity of procuring good intelligence is apparent and need not be further urged.
  • Options
    Jonathan121501Jonathan121501 Posts: 61 Member
    I'm having trouble finding the clues and not the suspect. lol
  • Options

Go to the crime scene click on the ground everywhere and choose search for clues. You can then collect and photograph. Also check items such as computers, TV's and the like for finger prints. Witness statements can be helpful.

The necessity of procuring good intelligence is apparent and need not be further urged.
  • Options
    LenoreLove wrote: »

Go to the crime scene click on the ground everywhere and choose search for clues. You can then collect and photograph. Also check items such as computers, TV's and the like for finger prints. Witness statements can be helpful.

Yes, I know that but I searched for clues everywhere and I can only find few.
  • Options

Hmmm, I seem to find way too many. Do you go to every room and outside including the sidewalk up to the house, the front stoop, and back yard. If you see a dark spot, that usually yields clues that appear to have been found by someone else. After I searched for clues thus, I was rewarded with five pairs of shoes in one spot. Does not get better than that...Shoes man what a find!!!

• Options

Hmmm, I seem to find way too many. Do you go to every room and outside including the sidewalk up to the house, the front stoop, and back yard. If you see a dark spot, that usually yields clues that appear to have been found by someone else. After I searched for clues thus, I was rewarded with five pairs of shoes in one spot. Does not get better than that...Shoes man what a find!!!

I am searching from room to room for clues but maybe the problem is just I'm too lazy to find the clues, I just rotate the screen and the clues that i find are just the ones i can find. :D
  • Options

I am searching from room to room for clues but maybe the problem is just I'm too lazy to find the clues, I just rotate the screen and the clues that i find are just the ones i can find. :D

Well then, I do not know what to say. After searching for clues and the pulsing stops, little arrows point to the clues. Rotate the room? Never considered that option, too much like smart. ;)

• Options
    IkajoIkajo Posts: 335 Member
    I've never had any problems finding the suspect. I don't even need to know their traits. I haven't been wrong even once. I just put the hints together and then I look around at the lot. They usually fits the descriptions pretty accurate. I usually only need 5 clues and I haven't made them introduce themselves either. My sim is now chief of the police. She has solved a lot of cases :D It's really pure logic.

To the person who had a suspect with a Leia costume. The hair is considered a hat, so underneath the sim was probably still blonde. Bald sims is still considered having hair so...
    Alcande, an original story in a fantasy setting. Read for free.
  • Options
    BabababirdBabababird Posts: 46 Member
    When I questioned a "witness" today she pointed away and suggested that the random person was the suspect... Guess who actually was the suspect? Bingo, the "witness". So that is a nice giveaway.
    Normalcy is a socially transmitted disease I do not intend to catch.
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    SamInSims wrote: »
    I just do all the tasks and then issue an APB

I'm gonna try this next. I have all seven clues and have been working on this case for almost two Sim weeks. This suspect just doesn't exist! If this doesn't work, I'm gonna attempt to arrest these two guys who sorta fit the description and always show up everywhere. If that doesn't work, I'm gonna quit and become a doctor!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    I arrested the "wrong" guy, and he pled guilty! What the heck? I wasn't even a bad cop!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    I gave up trying to find the evil old woman wearing jeans and a coat. I stuck around the station doing busy work and got promoted from Lt to Chief. Now I send my sim off to work and she is Chief +3.

My new wife (who was the fifth gen of one of my original sims) came to me as a 9 level villain. Now she is an 11 Triple Agent. Only pitfall is none of the goodies up to level 10 are unlocked for her. Bummer.
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    on two occasions the case lead me to the wrong person(clues said male it was female, clues said teen it was an adult).
    After finding the detective career WAAAY to repititive at early stage, I decided to leave it for a career as a doctor instead.
    Dont know if it was the right decision or not, but case, look for clues, analyze clues, apb arrest.. I suspect that wont change? exception of a patroling every now and then.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    skullah11skullah11 Posts: 72 Member
    I was hoping it would be a little more challenging, had 4 cases and everytime I issue the APB the suspect walks right up to me everytime with the relationship bar halfway red. One even sat down in the park with me played a game of chess while shouting at me.
    The old skin has to shed before the new one see's the day.

• Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    This last patch listed this as being fixed in patch notes.
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Well, not the being very repititive part I take it. :)
    But yeah, it happened pre-patch and I left detective work not because of the bug, but because it got boring.
    Comparing it to scientist which can be much more fun. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/