Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't find and arrest suspect

I can not for the life of me find the suspect that fits the description in my notebook (teen, black hair, ambitious, wearing a tank top and jeans). I found a sim matching that exact description, but by the time he finally showed up to the lot the game put me on when I issued an APB, he'd aged into a young adult.

I couldn't find any posts about a similar problem, so I'm wondering if this is a problem anyone else is having, or if I'm somehow playing the game wrong. I'm guessing it won't let me have a different case until I solve this one, but how can I do that if there's no one to arrest?

Comments

• Options
    BuckinghartBuckinghart Posts: 135 Member
    You're doing better than I am. Where the heck do I find my notebook??
  • Options
    TurnedBattyTurnedBatty Posts: 120 Member
    Having same issue! Apb issued 3 times and no luck! (Notebook is in the phone. Hit the phone, top of the screen is where it is)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I just had trouble with her third arrest. No one was there matching the description and none of the witnesses could help. I'll go back and analyze more evidence and talk about the case and stuff and see if that helps for the next APB.
  • Options
    BluiconBluicon Posts: 1 New Member
    I had the same problem with not being able to find the suspect in 4 days so out of curoisity... I started to arrest females that I constantly saw with the APB area. Finally! I caught the suspect. The clues were, female, red hair, long sleeve, ambitious and wears shorts. However, the suspect had brown hair, wore a dress. The only clue that was correct was the suspect being female! I guess those clues can go both ways as previous cases I was able to arrest the suspect within minutes! Perhaps close in on people that are constantly showing up within ur APB area. GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    quosqua39quosqua39 Posts: 33 Member
    I also had trouble finding the notebook until i realized it was with the notices top right of screen. Once i figured that out finding the suspect was easy as in all the clues led to one guy and all the clues matched up good.
  • Options
    xsophiex9999xsophiex9999 Posts: 167 Member
    I have trouble finding the correct suspect, I found a sim that perfectly matched the description and no one else in the area looked like the description, I arrested them and after interrogation it said they were innocent. So annoying!!
    vht3wy.jpg
  • Options
    quosqua39quosqua39 Posts: 33 Member
    Well, i have only done one of those and the guy was the correct one. So far so good. I just have one gripe about the Detective career though. The work area is packed with officers and detectives all using the computers. really annoying trying to finish some of them when you need to use the computer. maybe i could manage the building and put a room with a computer and lock the door only for me or something lol ( not really sure if i can do this mostly joking).
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    @xsophiex9999 @quosqua39 @Buckinghart the notebook is found on your cellphone a small circle at the top of the phone screen, yes you will get notifications of each clue but since cases can span over 2-3 days sometimes those messages can get lost. the other place to find a notebook is on the computers.
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    I'm having this problem too, there is a person who 100% fits all 6 clues, but the two times they've been arrested and interrogated, they are innocent.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,636 Member
    The only problem I was having was making that initial arrest. Seems my game had a glitch. My Sim went to three different locations, because each time I selected 'arrest' my Sim would end up back at the precinct, alone! So, I had him go to the map again, post an APB, which would send him to a different location. I selected 'arrest' again, rinse and repeat. The third location was the park in WIllow Creek (for the life of me I can't recall the name). For the first time in all three of these locations, I didn't see the perp anywhere! I panned the entire park, too. Finally, as I was seriously thinking of having my Sim return to the precinct, she shows up walking along the dirt road in front of said park. Again, I tried to have my Sims arrest her. You got it, he ended up back at the precinct empty-handed. I made a post here on the threads for help. Did a 'repair game' and that solved my issue. I also have my Sim make a very thorough sweep through the crime scene. He takes pictures and collects clues from everything in and around the lot. (I see this as a cross between CSI and NCIS, two shows I love.) My guess is, if you're picking up the wrong perp, either collect more data than you have from the crime scene, and be certain you ask the suspect about the suspect before you try to arrest them. If memory serves, my perp acted all weird when asked about the suspect.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    > @Rebka said:
    > I can not for the life of me find the suspect that fits the description in my notebook (teen, black hair, ambitious, wearing a tank top and jeans). I found a sim matching that exact description, but by the time he finally showed up to the lot the game put me on when I issued an APB, he'd aged into a young adult.
    >
    > I couldn't find any posts about a similar problem, so I'm wondering if this is a problem anyone else is having, or if I'm somehow playing the game wrong. I'm guessing it won't let me have a different case until I solve this one, but how can I do that if there's no one to arrest?

I had the same description and said was a male! I tried 3 arrests.. then try a random female, with skirt and top and got ir right.. completly oposite of the notebook description! Why the notebook anyway?
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    blackbomb992blackbomb992 Posts: 2 New Member
    My sim went 5 days looking for the person on the APB and couldn't find anyone matching the descriptions. So what I did to almost restart a new case was enter in the cheat box: testingcheats true. Then shift click on your sim to Detective Day Events. Then Apprehend Suspect Event. The game gives you different descriptions of another sim. Issue another APB and then look for the new suspect. Arrest them, interrogate them and get the confession. The game pretty much resets for you and you can get a new case.
  • Options
    blackbomb992blackbomb992 Posts: 2 New Member
    I know the Police Station is always packed and no room to use the computers when you need to but it seems when you go to use a computer an assistant or a receptionist is using they get up right away! Maybe that will help a little bit.
  • Options
    RebkaRebka Posts: 24 Member
    > @blackbomb992 said:
    > My sim went 5 days looking for the person on the APB and couldn't find anyone matching the descriptions. So what I did to almost restart a new case was enter in the cheat box: testingcheats true. Then shift click on your sim to Detective Day Events. Then Apprehend Suspect Event. The game gives you different descriptions of another sim. Issue another APB and then look for the new suspect. Arrest them, interrogate them and get the confession. The game pretty much resets for you and you can get a new case.

I'll try this!
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    I would say detective career is very easy. I don't even follow the day task anymore - i get a new case - go to crime scene - take as much evidence samples/pictures as i can- then take all witness statements i can - even if the game asks 2 witness sastements - i take from everybody so i won't need to visit a crime scene again. Then i come back to the police station - analyze my samples - get clues - build map - and when i have 6 clues - issue APB - i don't even need to ask anybody if they've seen anybody looking like APB - when you have all 6 clues open - it's very easy to catch the suspect. Plus i purchased the "observant" trait for my detective - because 1 of the clues will always say what kind of trait the suspect has. I go to the suspect - make a friendly introduction - get to know him/her and when I see that her trait is matching APB and her look is matching - i arrest - interogate him/her at the police station - then case is closed - then i go chat with the chief - work out - chat with co-workers

I hope that other 2 careers are more challenging than this one
  • Options
    JFolcik009JFolcik009 Posts: 44 Member
    I'm enjoying the Detective career but I'm having the same problem with APBs. I never have anyone who is matching the clues.

I'm curious if it's due to custom content not being recognized, the suspect being "culled" or deleted, or them just changing clothing or appearances.
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    I would say detective career is very easy. I don't even follow the day task anymore - i get a new case - go to crime scene - take as much evidence samples/pictures as i can- then take all witness statements i can - even if the game asks 2 witness sastements - i take from everybody so i won't need to visit a crime scene again. Then i come back to the police station - analyze my samples - get clues - build map - and when i have 6 clues - issue APB - i don't even need to ask anybody if they've seen anybody looking like APB - when you have all 6 clues open - it's very easy to catch the suspect. Plus i purchased the "observant" trait for my detective - because 1 of the clues will always say what kind of trait the suspect has. I go to the suspect - make a friendly introduction - get to know him/her and when I see that her trait is matching APB and her look is matching - i arrest - interogate him/her at the police station - then case is closed - then i go chat with the chief - work out - chat with co-workers

I hope that other 2 careers are more challenging than this one

Then you have not obviously encountered this bug - yet.

Before this current case I would have said exactly the same thing. This current case I have found my six clues but when I issue a APB I can't find somebody matching all six clues. There is a woman who turns up each time who matches 4 of the 6 clues but when my sim arrested her his performance got docked for making a false arrest.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I know the Police Station is always packed and no room to use the computers when you need to but it seems when you go to use a computer an assistant or a receptionist is using they get up right away! Maybe that will help a little bit.

Right. You don't have to wait around for an unused computer. Just walk right up and click on one to use it, and the other Sim will stop using it and walk away so you can have it.

• Options
    laholaho Posts: 2 New Member
    edited April 2015
    My clues were: teenage, black hair, male, ambitious and wears a jacket. Sim was female, blue hair and wore a dress. She wasnt even teenage or ambitious
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    edited April 2015
    My clues were female, blonde, teen, ambitious, short sleeve shirt and skirt.
    My suspect (who I found by just trying to arrest everyone who seemed to pop up at every APB) was male, black haired, adult, long sleeved shirt and jeans, he was ambitious though!

Good one game :/

Interrogating him and getting a confession was pretty fun though!
  • Options
    doaoc07doaoc07 Posts: 81 Member
    --i can;t seem to catch a suspect. this is so frustrating -- clues don't match with anyone
  • Options
    ZootZoot Posts: 188 Member
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > The only problem I was having was making that initial arrest. Seems my game had a glitch. My Sim went to three different locations, because each time I selected 'arrest' my Sim would end up back at the precinct, alone! So, I had him go to the map again, post an APB, which would send him to a different location. I selected 'arrest' again, rinse and repeat. The third location was the park in WIllow Creek (for the life of me I can't recall the name). For the first time in all three of these locations, I didn't see the perp anywhere! I panned the entire park, too. Finally, as I was seriously thinking of having my Sim return to the precinct, she shows up walking along the dirt road in front of said park. Again, I tried to have my Sims arrest her. You got it, he ended up back at the precinct empty-handed. I made a post here on the threads for help. Did a 'repair game' and that solved my issue. I also have my Sim make a very thorough sweep through the crime scene. He takes pictures and collects clues from everything in and around the lot. (I see this as a cross between CSI and NCIS, two shows I love.) My guess is, if you're picking up the wrong perp, either collect more data than you have from the crime scene, and be certain you ask the suspect about the suspect before you try to arrest them. If memory serves, my perp acted all weird when asked about the suspect.

I was having this exact problem I reset it and did another apb no suspect BUT when I got back to the police station there she was. I don't care how she got there but thanks for this I was getting super irritated. I really enjoy this career and was having fun. I personally don't have any problems finding the right suspect just getting that one suspect back to the station. Solved 3 cases so far.
  • Options
    MunchyMunchy Posts: 513 Member
    Foolicania wrote: »
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > The only problem I was having was making that initial arrest. Seems my game had a glitch. My Sim went to three different locations, because each time I selected 'arrest' my Sim would end up back at the precinct, alone! So, I had him go to the map again, post an APB, which would send him to a different location. I selected 'arrest' again, rinse and repeat. The third location was the park in WIllow Creek (for the life of me I can't recall the name). For the first time in all three of these locations, I didn't see the perp anywhere! I panned the entire park, too. Finally, as I was seriously thinking of having my Sim return to the precinct, she shows up walking along the dirt road in front of said park. Again, I tried to have my Sims arrest her. You got it, he ended up back at the precinct empty-handed. I made a post here on the threads for help. Did a 'repair game' and that solved my issue. I also have my Sim make a very thorough sweep through the crime scene. He takes pictures and collects clues from everything in and around the lot. (I see this as a cross between CSI and NCIS, two shows I love.) My guess is, if you're picking up the wrong perp, either collect more data than you have from the crime scene, and be certain you ask the suspect about the suspect before you try to arrest them. If memory serves, my perp acted all weird when asked about the suspect.

I was having this exact problem I reset it and did another apb no suspect BUT when I got back to the police station there she was. I don't care how she got there but thanks for this I was getting super irritated. I really enjoy this career and was having fun. I personally don't have any problems finding the right suspect just getting that one suspect back to the station. Solved 3 cases so far.

Same thing happened to me.

I did 3 APB on the same day. I arrested the same guy, in 3 different locations but my suspect refused to join me back to the station. I believe it was a bug so I stopped playing my sims for a few days. The next day my sim went to work, there he was, the suspect was waiting for me at the precinct. Weird, I say!
  • Options
    kittiesrock7kittiesrock7 Posts: 3 New Member
    I think I may have a more permanent problem because I found the right person 6/6 clues but I can't arrest her and then I find that she doesn't actually exist, like in manage worlds she doesn't show up yet I can interact with her. I don't know what's going on.
  • Options
    mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    same thing is happening to me, i went through the career without any problems till level 5 and now i have spent 6 days on the same case and still cannot find the suspect. I try to arrest the ones who i keep seeing at every scene and i get a unlawful arrest.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top