Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with saving Sims 2 lots

StaceyUKStaceyUK Posts: 226 Member
I am playing the Ultimate Collection. I want to save a lot to file to use in another neighbourhood but when I try to do this I get the hourglass cursor but nothing happens. When I go to Windows Task Manager it says the game is not responding.

Can anybody help me save my lot to file?

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

How long does the timer spin?
    How much CC is on the lot?
    Did you build the lot?
  • Options
    I built the lot. If you haven't little cc. Store items and baby monitor. Spinner lasts over 10 mins.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Are Sims living in it? That's a bad idea if they are. It would corrupt your game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Are Sims living in it? That's a bad idea if they are. It would corrupt your game.

Yes. I originally wanted to move them to a new neighbourhood. Read that's not a good idea, so I didn't.

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Do not, under any circumstances, move your sims to a different neighborhood. You will corrupt the old and new neighborhoods.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Dont save a lot that has been lived in to your lot bin. I build and place in bin first. If I discover I left out lights or something, I pull a fresh one out of the bin, fix and rename or delete old one and resave back to bin.