Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inventory issues since patch.

Anyone else having trouble selling and moving items from the inventory into the fridge?
I will click on a stack of fruit, sell it and for some reason the game is not recognizing that this action has been done. The hand stays clenched, like a fist and then you cant do anything. Logging out and restarting the game seems to fix until you try it again.

Comments

• Options
    ctroihd1ctroihd1 Posts: 218 Member
    @JoBass24us Were you able to do that before the patch? I don't think I have ever been able to. But it has been a long time since I have tried. When my first Sims 4 died, all his inventory went into the family inventory. Wow, it was such a learning experience. What I did was put one from the stack on the floor and sell the rest.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    ctroihd1 wrote: »
    @JoBass24us Were you able to do that before the patch? I don't think I have ever been able to. But it has been a long time since I have tried. When my first Sims 4 died, all his inventory went into the family inventory. Wow, it was such a learning experience. What I did was put one from the stack on the floor and sell the rest.

@ctroihd1 Yes, I never really had issues with doing it before. It started happening right after the patch. Although I have not played for several days now.
    It's a bit weird, having to quit in/out to fix it.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello.
    If you have any mods or cc, perhaps remove them and see if that helps. They may be conflicting with the game.
    Also repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    Also deleting the localthumbcache.package file may help.
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    They need to make the Easter eggs able to be made in to pancakes and such. Since the eggs inventory has been messing up.
  • Options
    alwaysl00king2alwaysl00king2 Posts: 50 Member
    Sorry if this is duplicated, I wasn't logged in earlier, and it doesn't l00k like my post carried over.

I've had this problem for quite a while. I would walk away from the computer to let the process finish, sometimes taking up to 15 minutes. But then I realized that this was mainly a problem when I would have that item expanded. So now before I sell items or move them to the fridge, I make sure I collapse the item. The process goes much better for me. I hope that helps you.

Inventory did gain a new issue for me after the patch though. For some reason after moving things "selling' 'putting in fridge' or 'transfer to another sim', I get blank rows of inventory, and I can't scroll down to work with the remaining inventory. For this, I just click out of inventory, into 'careers', and back into inventory, and all is well until move a few more things. This is irritating for me, but it's only something I do when I get ready to change households, so I only do it every couple days.
    -AL2
  • Options
    chrstal27chrstal27 Posts: 22 Member
    I've had problems being able to scroll down to see everything in my inventory. I have to scroll all the way up then close it and open it again to be able to see everything
  • Options
    alwaysl00king2alwaysl00king2 Posts: 50 Member
    Well said, I forgot to mention, I had to scroll up each time before closing it out. Thanks :)
    -AL2
  • Options
    KalebsmommaKalebsmomma Posts: 88 Member
    i've had this same issue with my game. it happened with and without mods for me.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2015
    I've had the same issue. I also have trouble when dragging things from inventory to either store or sell -- after doing it a few times, an item will get "stuck" to the cursor and there's no way to get it unstuck -- I end up having to save and exit the game then re-load it. With all the stuff my Sims pick up (including all those blasted eggs -- I wish there was a way for them to be turned OFF once you've found them!) I've been selling a lot of stuff -- bad enough that there's no place to store all the herbs from Outdoor Retreat or the flowers from base game so they're stuck in my inventory. Thought at first it might have been a mod issue but all my mods have been updated and I'm still having the issue.

EDIT: Okay, I did a Repair Game and deleted the localthumbcache -- it's still happening. I'm also getting a "lastexception.txt" file in my Sims 4 folder that has a bunch of XML code that I can't figure out. Is anyone else seeing a similar file who's having this issue? I can't play my Sims for more than a couple minutes at a time when I have to clear out inventory, and it's getting very frustrating. (My Sim is Very Tense from needing a vacation, and I'm joining her from playing this game! :s )
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Ashley382Ashley382 Posts: 373 Member
    @stilljustme2 - I haven't had the cursor getting stuck problem (or at least not yet) but my inventory is still goofed up. I get the blank space at the top after expanding something so I have scroll all the way up then resize the inventory box. Anyways, I am also getting the "lastexception.text" I've gotten rid of Easter eggs in my inventory, tried clearing caches and repairing game and no such luck fixing anything. Oh, and I'm also not receiving anything back after sending things to the geo council.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Thanks for the replies all. I don't have any mods and the only CC I have is some eyelashes. I removed them, repaired the game and I'm still having the same issue.
    :/

I hope the devs become aware and try to fix this, it's annoying.
  • Options
    RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member
    I lost inventories for two sims. Now the inventories are sticking too. That was fixed after a restart of my computer. I also have the "lastexception" file.
    Also, if you had the mod that allows you to store inventory content in your fridge, she has updated that one. I don't use that one.
  • Options
    Roomouse wrote: »
    I lost inventories for two sims. Now the inventories are sticking too. That was fixed after a restart of my computer. I also have the "lastexception" file.
    Also, if you had the mod that allows you to store inventory content in your fridge, she has updated that one. I don't use that one.

I don't use that one because I don't want my fridge to get too full -- I try to only keep 10 of each produce item in the fridge and sell the rest, then restock when I run out. Ditto with the toy box since I've still got kids who use it (waiting for Alexander Goth to age up so I can at least age up my oldest girl). EA, pleeeeeeze give us some storage options for all this stuff!
  • Options
    TheSimDorkTheSimDork Posts: 3 New Member
    This inventory issue is definitely a thing. I end up with a huge blank space (no inventory items) at the top of the box and only a handful of my items visible below it. Some of the items even get cut in half like the box wants to scroll and just can't. Worse than that, if I move an item, sometimes they'll sit on top of one another. Super weird (though you haven't seen interesting until a wooden horse combines with one of the Sim dolls.)
  • Options
    mellow101mellow101 Posts: 19 Member
    > @chrstal27 said:
    > I've had problems being able to scroll down to see everything in my inventory. I have to scroll all the way up then close it and open it again to be able to see everything
    me too
  • Options
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    edited April 2015
    I am having the same problem, but only since the March 26 patch. I have noted the problem was posted on answers.ea.com, however, there has not been any solutions given as it was assumed to be because of mods. I have no mods or cc of any kind.

My Sim is a gardener (and collector) and harvests a lot every day so I've gotten a few other problems along with it. Every single time the fridge is opened to add something to it from inventory, only one item can be put in the fridge at a time as the inventory drops down so you cannot retrieve anything else. So the fridge has to be closed, the scroll bar in inventory returned to the blank space at the top and then the inventory closed. Only then can you re-open the fridge (which also opens the inventory) to add another item.

Sometimes, though, even when just selling items from inventory (without the fridge open), this will also randomly happen anyway. Even if it doesn't happen, more than likely the hand will become 'stuck' on some item so no more can be done, as then you have to restart the game to continue cleaning the inventory.

This has become extremely problematic, and apparently, even repairing the game has no effect. I added GTW earlier than I wanted, hoping it would put things back to normal, but no such luck. I suppose we just have to wait for another patch next month and hope these fixes are in it?

Edit: I also wanted to mention that when choosing fish from the inventory as fertilizer, the fertilize box for the fish comes up with a blank. The fish icon (picture) is there, but the description box is now empty...no name or description of the fish. Doesn't happen with the other inventory items, only fish.
  • Options
    sweetest85sweetest85 Posts: 194 Member
    Having this issue as well. And at one point an egg from my inventory got stuck on my cursor whenever my cursor was over the UI. As of right now I can't sell anything from my sims inventory... shes going to start smelling like foul fish soon.
    XiVt5EK.jpgXiVtm4.png

• Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I've had this issue (and other similar ones) too. I also can no longer collect insects.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    seoulcatseoulcat Posts: 1 New Member
    Same issue here. No CC or mods and I always delete cache files before starting. No solutions yet?