Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do so many people hate spiders? Arachnophobics, don't open. This thread is not safe for you. :)

Comments

• Options
    ThatDoggoneGirl7ThatDoggoneGirl7 Posts: 1,314 Member
    @06Bon06 This made me realize that I should put Trigger Warning when I think some people find a certain thing terrifying.

@Kittenkiss You scared me. Lol. :lol:

@CoolBlueJay902 Replace spider with cockroach, I had the same experience. :cry:
    tumblr_nb96gvx67j1rn427xo2_500.gif
    ♬ "Smile, what's the use of crying. You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you just smile.." ♬
    Michael Jackson
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited March 2015
    I...HATE...SPIDERS! :scream:

I've always had this extreme fear of them! The idea of spiders coming by cargo and such terrifies me! They all creep me out! Ever heard of the Goliath Bird Eating Spider? While it doesn't usually eat birds, knowing that there's a spider that could eat birds really scares the (you know what) outta me! Now knowing there's a spider,called the Giant Huntsman Spider, with a leg-span of 12 inch (or 30 centimeters for y'all on metric) - make me... well I don't know what I'd do if I ever meet one... run off while screaming most likely! :scream:

The only spider that I'm fine with is the golden garden spider. I'll even go up to it. I ain't touching it though - just looking. I think it's a cool spider as long as it does NOT touch me! No, thank you!

EDIT:for spelling
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2015
    OH MY GOSH!!! Stop with the pictures I didn't know there would be pictures AAAHHHHHHHH!!!! :scream::s
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    Because they're disrespectful and have no manners. Like excuse me but this is MY house! Stay in your lane and stick to webbing it up outside. They break into my house and sit on my walls as if they pay the bills. The audacity!
  • Options
    mariesummersmariesummers Posts: 598 Member
    Cause they crawl up places you dont want them to. However Im not afraid of Dadylonglegs.
  • Options
    bootjerkybootjerky Posts: 160 Member
    Ikr. I have a pet tarantula though. Two tarantulas.
  • Options
    temerald7667temerald7667 Posts: 2,266 Member
    I remember the day I discovered I can't stand spiders! I was going to Summer camp, and they had some kind of discovery day. They had "handlers" with different creatures for us to discover. I remember two from that day. The snake and the tarantula. The snake I was ok with. I don't remember what kind it was but it wasn't poisonous. I remember it pooped and stunk to the high heavens! Gross.
    Now the tarantula, we all got the chance to hold it. The "handler" put it in my hand and told me to stay still! I did, but the second it started to move to go up my arm I started saying, "take it!" Only to look up and see the "Handler" was talking to some cute volunteer and didn't hear me....
    I kept saying, "take it" until I started screaming, "TAKE IT!" that got his attention and he got his freaky arm crawling 8 legged thing back and I ran to the bathroom to scrub the freaky, hairy, 8 legged spider foot prints off my arm. Haven't liked them ever since.
    98bcdb5d7c879fd685f0cae94de32016.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Spiders are the worst they are creepy, they are discusting, their black eyes are scary.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    lol how cruel of you. :D People with a fear of spiders get greeted with pictures of spiders! But that can be pretty much expected from this title.

Spiders are cool but I don't want them near me. If I have to, I will move them outside but never kill.
    post-17019-Today-you-tomorrow-me-comic-fu-aO2E.jpeg

I was in the car the other day and this tiny little spider was swinging his web all over the place. It was interesting to watch as he tried to keep grip in the moving car until he landed on my face. He got thrown out the window... Sorry buddy
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    spiders just creep me out now! After reading some of the posts here about the banana spider, I was like..... yup I'm not looking that up at all, EVER!
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    I've heard that no matter where you are there is at least one spider within six feet of you(!) When i was a kid the only spider that didn't bother me were "daddy long legs" but even they creep me out now. Just...not a fan.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    I've heard that no matter where you are there is at least one spider within six feet of you(!) When i was a kid the only spider that didn't bother me were "daddy long legs" but even they creep me out now. Just...not a fan.

I agree! daddy long legs freak me out now. creepy crawly ugly things.
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I used to be terrified of them, but I got over it and ended up with at one point 10 pet tarantulas or differing species and 9 pet scorpions.

My favourite pet spider was a Red Rump, she was fascinating to watch, she would roll dirt into balls holding it together with her web and then roll it into place this was how she I suppose designed her house. :)
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Just some of the places spiders can hide in your bedroom. I don't hate spiders. I appreciate the fact that they eat nasties like mosquitoes and such, I'd just rather not sleep with one...

brown-recluse-spider-sleeping-while%20Gif_zpsevbcz93a.jpg
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Just some of the places spiders can hide in your bedroom. I don't hate spiders. I appreciate the fact that they eat nasties like mosquitoes and such, I'd just rather not sleep with one...

Time to find them spiders and hug them. :grin:
    ♬ "Smile, what's the use of crying. You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you just smile.." ♬
    Michael Jackson
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member

Yeah, with my SHOE. B)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

Yeah, with my SHOE. B)

That's so mean. :lol: I won't worry, they'll lay eggs inside your shoe the very next day. :naughty:
    Michael Jackson
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

Yeah, with my SHOE. B)

That's so mean. :lol: I won't worry, they'll lay eggs inside your shoe the very next day. :naughty:

I guess there's worse places they could lay eggs. Yeah, i've seen too many bad horror movies.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    The only thing I hate more than spiders are cockroaches.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    I find it rather 'bad form' to ask people in your threads title why they're afraid of spiders and then open your thread with pictures of spiders. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it, but it comes off as rather a sadistic move. Maybe you could put something in the title saying there are pictures of spiders in your post :| .

I do NOT like being frightened and spiders frighten me when they seem to appear out of nowhere. I don't think there is anything I like less then to be "up close and personal" with a spider so I hope you see why the pics you posted put me off. If I see a spider any larger than this letter -O- , I will kill it myself. If I see a spider larger than my thumbnail, I yell for hubby to come kill it. Two of my daughters are terrified of spiders so much so that they will jump up on the counter if there is one on the floor. One of them can't even stand to hear anyone say 'spider'.

I'm sure those of you who like spiders have other things that you have a phobia about, so please bear that in mind when you post pics of these little beasties B)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    As long as it's not venomous I'm not scared.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    altad1 wrote: »
    I used to be terrified of them, but I got over it and ended up with at one point 10 pet tarantulas or differing species and 9 pet scorpions.

My favourite pet spider was a Red Rump, she was fascinating to watch, she would roll dirt into balls holding it together with her web and then roll it into place this was how she I suppose designed her house. :)
    Talk about conquering your fear. kudos B)

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I hate spiders. I broke my light switch from trying to kill one ... I was too afraid to kill it with my shoe so I started throwing stuff at it.
  • Options
    After seeing the picture provided by @GrayLady2010 and the comment about them laying eggs in shoes, thank you @thatdoggonegirl7 I know I'll just settle into bed tonight feeling all warm and toasty for a restful nights sleep. Actually I'll be hiding under my covers waiting for the spider(s) living in my room to visit me......