Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thank you for the apology GrimSuruDoi

sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
edited March 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I'm floored & sorry fans who have the passion to give feedback would think I was insulting them. I'll be more careful w/words when goofballn</p>— Doi Scatt (@GrimSuruDoi) <a href=" 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I appreciate when I see this, I know a lot of people who have been really upset over this and hopefully this goes towards feeling better.
Post edited by sparkfairy1 on

Comments

• Options
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>if you play the sims and share your experiences & yearn to make it better, we're on the same team. haters is a loaded term & that ain't you.</p>— Doi Scatt (@GrimSuruDoi) <a href=" 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

Good to see :)
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    I gladly accept and have no ill will towards GSDoi! :) I like reading his goofyness! ;)

It is just a shame that this was even a contention. With more communication we wouldn't have had this issues. :(
  • Options
    Me neither, I told him I would share with those I knew were upset and I guessed this would be the best way, to point them to a dedicated thread.
    I agree @Terrylin most of these issues are caused by the lack of communication so people are analysing everything that is said. If we had clearer communication I doubt it would have even been noticed.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>if you play the sims and share your experiences & yearn to make it better, we're on the same team. haters is a loaded term & that ain't you.</p>— Doi Scatt (@GrimSuruDoi) <a href=" 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

Good to see :)

Yup, great to see that. :smiley:
  • Options
    Me neither, I told him I would share with those I knew were upset and I guessed this would be the best way, to point them to a dedicated thread.
    I agree @Terrylin most of these issues are caused by the lack of communication so people are analysing everything that is said. If we had clearer communication I doubt it would have even been noticed.

I agree! The continued long term lack of any kind of positive communication,just makes us fester and get more irritated and disappointed. Then when something said in jest is taken wrong! Though any use of stereotyping by a n offical should be a no-no. Kinda like politics! ;)
    Asking for feedback but not giving any kind of feedback in return is not good business. It is feeding the pressure here on the site and makes for these kinds of misunderstandings.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited March 2015
    It takes strength to apologise like that and I respect him a lot for doing so :)

I'm just so glad he apologized! :) It's tough to apologize, so I really, really appreciate that he did that.
    It's all cool like the other side of the pillow, bro. o:)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    It takes strength to apologise like that and I respect him a lot for doing so :)

Yes it does! I hope he doesn't get into trouble because I really do like seeing his tweets. Gaming and TS4 Gurus is the only reason I have twitter. I don't use it I just lurk on it! ;)
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    I don't use twitter. . . .anything of interest you peeps post here to the forums :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »

Yes it does! I hope he doesn't get into trouble because I really do like seeing his tweets. Gaming and TS4 Gurus is the only reason I have twitter. I don't use it I just lurk on it! ;)
    Oh, I hope he's not in trouble, too. He was humble enough to apologize, and I am grateful that he did so. I'm willing to give him a second chance, and I accept his apology.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    I wonder if because not all visit here they may not realise how loaded some words have become.

@SimGuruLyndsay I think this thread shows that people want to forgive and move on, many of us would be upset thinking of anyone getting in trouble over this when an apology and acknowledgement of how it could look was shown when realised :) We all make mistakes! :)
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Wait what did he say wrong in the first place? That there is some Sims 4 haters out there? He's right.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Why is that comment even made in the first place? Is he trying to be cool?
  • Options
    UmberApricotUmberApricot Posts: 887 Member
    This could have been avoided if he didn't make the comment in the first place. *Shaking my head*
  • Options
    UmberApricotUmberApricot Posts: 887 Member
    > @Taranatar9 said:
    > Apology means "I'm sorry you were offended."
    >
    > He still said what he said. He still meant what he said. Apologies change nothing.

I agree. :\
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    If Gurus see that disappointment at "hate" and don't recognize why a lot of simmers are unhappy with how sims 4 turned out, we have much bigger problems.

giphy.gif

too true...too true

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    I maintain that I appreciate the apology. He said later in conversation that intent over the internet doesn't always convey and that is right. Many people on these forums have got into misunderstandings over what they say, its easily done and it does cause real issues. So I am glad he looked at what he said and how it may read. And an apology takes a lot of heart, its not easy, especially in such a public way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    I don't like the term "haters" (or negatives, positives, or lovers for that matter) because it feeds into the divisive dichotomy of the community. But, the chatter going on right now seems like overreaction, especially considering some of the things that people have said themselves about EA in general and even specific employees.

In a sad irony, I don't think that particular line is meant as a discouragement, but more as encouragement to Sim builders as seen in previous Guru comments:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12683719/#Comment_12683719
    Ugh. Lame that people feel the need to make those kind of comments. They're probably just jealous and looking to get a rise out of you. Forget the haters and keep on building!
    A huge thanks from me too - the creative corner is one of my fave places to go! Some of you already know that :)

And to echo SimGuruHouts - forget the haters - we know you're awesome so keep the lovely builds coming - SHOW IT OFF!

I do think it's important to understand that whether EA takes feedback gladly or grudgingly, they do take it and many ideas that Simmers have had have made it into the game, so it is still worth voicing your ideas.

It would be great if we all could keep things in perspective, maintain a sense of humor, and simply ask the Gurus to stop using that term instead of getting upset and adding fuel to a drama that doesn't need to be.

I think it's better if we Simmers concentrate on our ideas for improvement and getting our messages across rather than focusing too much on the semantics of one word or phrase. If everything the Gurus say keeps getting translated as 'flame bait' and then everyone jumps on them for it, then there is a risk that they will shut down communication further. I don't want that to happen.
  • Options
    DaisiesDayDaisiesDay Posts: 913 Member
    Even if talking together privately that is the way the EA employees view disappointed players who dare to express what they wish to see improved in the game, it is unprofessional to state it in such a public way. I don't believe that he frequents the forums, or he would have realized how his use of the word "haters" would be perceived. However, I do appreciate the apology.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top