Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JETSET ***SEASON 3 CRUISE TOUR IS UP NOW***

Comments

• Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    ... I've been mentally pronouncing Mouskouri with a Dutch R all the time! :o:flushed: And a French ou, I guess... :o
    ;)

Ooh? I wonder what it sounds like. *opens Google translate*

Weird. It sounds weird lol
    Banner.png
  • Options
    I think I should go and have some sleep now.
    Good night everyone! :smiley:
    Banner.png
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member

You mean Dutch? :D
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Alright, Mouskouri is actually anglicised Greek Μούσχουρη taken from one of my favourite folk singers Nana Mouskouri.

I don't know about you guys but I always pronounce her name as: 'mooooshhkuleee'. By the way, Vul, I used Google translate for Dutch pronunciation and that's actually very similar to how I say it :p Maybe it's weird but personally I find some of my friends' (English and Irish) pronunciation as 'mousecurry' rather hilarious :joy:
    ._.
  • Options

You mean Dutch? :D

Yes. Very
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Alright, Mouskouri is actually anglicised Greek Μούσχουρη taken from one of my favourite folk singers Nana Mouskouri.

I don't know about you guys but I always pronounce her name as: 'mooooshhkuleee'. By the way, Vul, I used Google translate for Dutch pronunciation and that's actually very similar to how I say it :p Maybe it's weird but personally I find some of my friends' (English and Irish) pronunciation as 'mousecurry' rather hilarious :joy:

Nana Mouskouri. I think I've read her name a few times. Maybe I should go and listen to a few songs of her, see if I like it. Got a sample? :)

Mousecurry, that sounds very funny. I'm getting images now though... oh YIKES :o
    Banner.png
  • Options

Nana Mouskouri. I think I've read her name a few times. Maybe I should go and listen to a few songs of her, see if I like it. Got a sample? :)

Mousecurry, that sounds very funny. I'm getting images now though... oh YIKES :o

Speaking of Miss Mousecurry, she blooped out during my photo taking... :o

Screenshot-498.jpg
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Screenshot-498.jpg

Heheheh... You know, things happen :P
    ._.
  • Options
    Screenshot-498.jpg

Heheheh... You know, things happen :P

Yup, just had a BSOD. :dizzy: Now I have to start up my game all over again before I can continue writing.. And someone was about to start an.... interesting monologue.. XD
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Have you started your Easter break, Vul?
    ._.
  • Options

Not yet. Once I'm out of school. And my class got lucky too. Officially it starts tomorrow, but because we're working with fashion students who have another event tomorrow morning we're off. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options

Not yet. Once I'm out of school. And my class got lucky too. Officially it starts tomorrow, but because we're working with fashion students who have another event tomorrow morning we're off. :)

Half an hour.. Just half an hour.. :D
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Vul you are definitely going way too overboard with the final hahah XD Will we end up having 1000+ screenshots? :p
    ._.
  • Options
    Vul you are definitely going way too overboard with the final hahah XD Will we end up having 1000+ screenshots? :p

Nah, I'm just a slowpoke. lol
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    QUOTES. ON THE FRONT OF MY SCREEN.

A new type of teaser. Just try and guess who said what... ;)

1 - ???: "That commercial person is awesome!"
    2 - ???: "I guess a 'Great Scot' would be appropriate now?"
    3 - ???: "Fire her."
    4 - ???: "Fine, could be better, I'd rather be on a certain boat."
    5 - ???: "Oh, whoops. Sorry. I just wish I..."
    6 - ???: "Aww, thanks.. Maybe you should play next season?"
    7 - ???: "What? She permitted me to."
    8 - ???: "Really? No seat for me?"

Answer form:

1 -
    2 -
    3 -
    4 -
    5 -
    6 -
    7 -
    8 -

Good luck and lots of wisdom! ;)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Update for anyone reading Jetset and who haven't seen any of my post on a few other reality show thread yet.

My Simming laptop's currently going through some issues when starting up heavier programs, such as Sims or Photoshop. I've been to the local computer shop, where they'll look at it to try and discover what's exactly the matter and hopefully solve the issue. So Jetset's currently on a delay again. :c

And believe me, I'm getting tired of all these unfortunate delays! D: Ugh! We're so close to finishing and I want to get it all done so we can all talk without any secrets... It's so annoying! [/rant] Had to get that off my chest, sorry for that. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Update about my laptop: it's currently at the computer store, waiting on a new harddrive. I got my files backed up, so no starting from scratch like last year, but it will be at the store up to Friday, maybe Saturday...
    Banner.png
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Ouch... But also good news..
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Ouch... But also good news..

It's bittersweet, yes. :/
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Status update: the new drive's been installed and all, but there's still the same problem. The pc store's rolling my laptop through a test now, which will be finished by Monday at soonest.

Ugh. Just ugh. :(
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Maybe it's the graphics card... Did they test that?
  • Options

Might be, they were going to test that...
    Banner.png
  • Options

Might be, they were going to test that...

UPDATE

They've figured it out. It's the video card from the motherboard. They can turn it off, making my laptop work again, but it might affect performances. If my laptop is too underperforming to function properly to my tastes, then I might have to try and see if I can get some warranty.. Let's hope there will be little trouble, I really can't use it right now. :C
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Mmmm... And we need that performance with the sims ... You can forget to do 20 + sims next season if your pc isn't right... I'm struggling a bit with lagging, but I think it's the castle.... I didn't struggle the previous seasons....
  • Options
    Mmmm... And we need that performance with the sims ... You can forget to do 20 + sims next season if your pc isn't right... I'm struggling a bit with lagging, but I think it's the castle.... I didn't struggle the previous seasons....

Let's hope the hit won't be too big then...
    Banner.png