Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 product code not working

So, a couple days ago I saw that Origin was offering the Sims 4 in Game Time. I was really excited because I had wanted to try the Sims 4. So I played it and decided that I liked it a lot and went out to buy it. I bought the disc, because I like having a hard copy of the game in case something went wrong. I followed the instructions like normal and entered the Product Code when I was prompted, and it didn't work. So I tried again thinking I had put it in wrong, but it still didn't work. I have tried multiple times now, using Caps, dashes, etc. Nothing is working and I keep gwtting the same error message: "The product key entered cannot be used to activate this game." I'm really upset that this has been such a hassle. The game is on the expensive side, and I'm worried that I wasted my money on the disc. Someone please HELP!!

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    You'll need EA Help for this:
    http://help.ea.com/en/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    did you figure out what was wrong? Im having this exact same problem...
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • Options
    LacrimosaRavenLacrimosaRaven Posts: 15 New Member
    hmm I remember having this problem when I bought the game I inputted the same code like 50 times I was SUPER frustrated! perhaps have someone else read the code aloud to you. Often our brains trick us so we read what our brain thinks we want to see. It's the reason why a teacher always says to have a peer read through your work before you submit it to them. If that doesn't work then you may have to contact EA
  • Options
    greghakigreghaki Posts: 3 New Member
    To redeem your code through the Origin client:
    Launch and log in to the Origin client with your Origin Account.
    Click on Origin in the menu bar on the top left.
    Select "Redeem Product Code."
    Enter the product code for your title
  • Options
    blue70666blue70666 Posts: 1 New Member
    My dad just bought sims 4 limited edition. He has an origin account and so do I. He installed it on his desktop and he tried installing it for me on my laptop using the same product code, but it didn't work. Is there any other way to install the game or does he have to buy another product code?
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    blue70666 wrote: »
    My dad just bought sims 4 limited edition. He has an origin account and so do I. He installed it on his desktop and he tried installing it for me on my laptop using the same product code, but it didn't work. Is there any other way to install the game or does he have to buy another product code?

The product code can only be linked to one Origin account, but you can install it on multiple computers. If you want to play the game on your laptop, you will have to use your dad's account.

If you want the game to show in your Origin account, unfortunately you will need to purchase another copy of the game.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member

Hello @blue70666. You need to log in to Origin on your laptop using the same origin account as your Dad used when he installed the game. When you log in to the same account as your Dad, then go to the My Games section. The sims 4 picture will be there and you can install it from there. You both can't be playing The Sims online at the same time.
  • Options
    MamaItaly14MamaItaly14 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2016
    Kind of the same issue for me. I got the sims 4 at target, came with two CDs. I followed the instructions and all, entered the product code a million times. Every time I put it in, it just says that the code I entered is invalid. I tried typing it in with dashes, no dashes, caps, no caps. Every time; KAPUT. The help FAQ says that it's either because the code is invalid, not registered, or already registered; (that kind of plums me off.) Hopefully somepony might have the answer to the problem, and might be able to shed some light on the situation. I really hope I didn't spend $30 on a worthless set of CDs -n-
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Kind of the same issue for me. I got the sims 4 at target, came with two CDs. I followed the instructions and all, entered the product code a million times. Every time I put it in, it just says that the code I entered is invalid. I tried typing it in with dashes, no dashes, caps, no caps. Every time; KAPUT. The help FAQ says that it's either because the code is invalid, not registered, or already registered; (that kind of plums me off.) Hopefully somepony might have the answer to the problem, and might be able to shed some light on the situation. I really hope I didn't spend $30 on a worthless set of CDs -n-

It sounds like someone might have used the CDs and returned them to Target :/ You could try contacting EA Help.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimmerSparklezzzSimmerSparklezzz Posts: 875 Member

You have to use hid Origin account or buy a separate game :)

S91Echo.gif?1
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member

Hello.
    I am sorry that you are having this issue,
    Try being in touch with EA Help.
    https://help.ea.com/