Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims4 Disc Install After Origin Game Time

Hi, little help please!

I downloaded Sims4 Game Time two days ago and 48Hrs free play was up.
Today I purchased the game at local store, after inserting the disc, on the installation window, it is stated as 'Install The Sims 4 Origin Game Time'.
Why would it be called '......Game Time' when the 48h free play has already be over?
Does this affect the game version installed on Origin library?

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2015
    Vr240253 wrote: »
    Hi, little help please!

I downloaded Sims4 Game Time two days ago and 48Hrs free play was up.
    Today I purchased the game at local store, after inserting the disc, on the installation window, it is stated as 'Install The Sims 4 Origin Game Time'.
    Why would it be called '......Game Time' when the 48h free play has already be over?
    Does this affect the game version installed on Origin library?

Cheers!

You're the first person to come here with this question, so this is just a guess: Try clearing your Origin cache -- http://help.ea.com/en/article/clearing-your-origin-temporary-files/ -- and then installing. If that doesn't help, contact EA Help: http://help.ea.com/en/. And please do come back here and let us know what helped, or if it didn't end up mattering!

Also, have fun Simming, from this Sims 4 fan :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Vr240253Vr240253 Posts: 28 Member
    Hi luthienrising, thanks for your reply!

I've tried clearing the cache but it didn't help in this case.
    contacting EA live chat simply takes too long to wait.
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    Hi,

Before installing the retail version of the game, it is advisable that you uninstall the Game Time version of it from Origin first. This can be done either through Origin (right-click on the game icon) or through Windows in "Add or Remove Programs" or through Windows in "Programs and Features".
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Hi @Nichaedemus

I've already uninstalled the GameTime version from Windows and there's no way to remove the record from Origin isn't it?
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    The trial version game is permanently linked to your Origin account, but you can use the Hide option to make it invisible to you in the Origin client:

http://help.ea.com/article/hiding-your-origin-games
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    I managed to have live chat with EA staff, it seems that it's just a wording issue.......
    he helped me changed the title by removing 'Origin Game Time' and now the disc is installing fine.
    this is silly......thanks for your replies anyway.
  • Options
    Yo-yo1771Yo-yo1771 Posts: 2 New Member
    I got the game and when I installed disks it said game time!48 hours later without a game...here I am
  • Options
    Yo-yo1771Yo-yo1771 Posts: 2 New Member
    Anyone know what to do????
  • Options
    Hi @Yo-yo1771‌
    what do you mean by 'game time! 48hrs later'?
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    Sims4 Game Time is a trial version that will let you play for 48hrs. After 48 hrs you will need to purchase the game or uninstall it. Once the game is purchased the game needs to be activated through Origin.

Yo-yo1771 Did you have Game Time installed? Do you have your Origin account open when you start the game the first started the game?
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    setsurusetsuru Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Vr240253 said:
    > I managed to have live chat with EA staff, it seems that it's just a wording issue.......
    > he helped me changed the title by removing 'Origin Game Time' and now the disc is installing fine.
    > this is silly......thanks for your replies anyway.

I'm currently having this exact same problem. How did you change the title?
  • Options
    XBreaker18XBreaker18 Posts: 1 New Member
    You just have to redeem the Serial Key of the game in Origin and once its accepted, you just have to put in the CD and start installing.
  • Options
    boopiliboopboopiliboop Posts: 1 New Member
    I had the same problem. Redeeming the product code worked for me. After I redeemed the product code, the Sims 4 game time disappeared from my origin library and was replaced with the Sims 4 that I bought.
  • Options
    simplayer32simplayer32 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2015
    thank you guys, i've been having this problem for a while and this really helped
    Post edited by simplayer32 on
  • Options
    TTYL098TTYL098 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Vr240253 said:
    > I managed to have live chat with EA staff, it seems that it's just a wording issue.......
    > he helped me changed the title by removing 'Origin Game Time' and now the disc is installing fine.

How did you remove origin game time? I'm having the same problem
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    TTYL098 wrote: »
    > @Vr240253 said:

How did you remove origin game time? I'm having the same problem

Hello @TTYL098 .
    If you buy the Sims 4, put the product code into the " redeem product" box that comes up when you press the origin label at the top of the screen, then the sims 4 game time will be changed to the normal sims 4.
  • Options
    BeckaBoo182BeckaBoo182 Posts: 4 New Member
    Mine just says "Code has been redeemed" How did you change the title? I'd really like to play The Sims 4 again.
  • Options
    Mine just says "Code has been redeemed" How did you change the title? I'd really like to play The Sims 4 again.

Hello.
    Did you put in the new product code that you received when you bought the sims 4 game? If you haven't already done so, try putting in the new product code and see if that helps.
    If the issue continues, you may need to be in touch with EA Help.
    https://help.ea.com/
  • Options
    BeckaBoo182BeckaBoo182 Posts: 4 New Member
    I've had The Sims 4 for almost a year now. It was installed & working perfectly fine on my other laptop that is now broken. I recently got a new one, & when I tried installing the game on this new one, it appeared as "Copying __%" Instead of the usual "Installing __%" under The Sims 4 GAME TIME icon The icon for the regular Sims 4 disappeared. I've tried uninstalling the Game Time, & I've tried clearing the cache. I even talked to a live advisor, & they said they'd have to "restart my origin client" & that that should work. Although it didn't. I tried to recontact them but it's just taking too long.
  • Options
    I've had The Sims 4 for almost a year now. It was installed & working perfectly fine on my other laptop that is now broken. I recently got a new one, & when I tried installing the game on this new one, it appeared as "Copying __%" Instead of the usual "Installing __%" under The Sims 4 GAME TIME icon The icon for the regular Sims 4 disappeared. I've tried uninstalling the Game Time, & I've tried clearing the cache. I even talked to a live advisor, & they said they'd have to "restart my origin client" & that that should work. Although it didn't. I tried to recontact them but it's just taking too long.

I am sorry that you are having this issue. I have posted in your thread that you have started about your issue.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/871170/i-tried-installing-the-sims-4-but-it-always-installs-as-game-time
  • Options
    Charlie2000BCCharlie2000BC Posts: 1 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > TTYL098 wrote: »
    >
    > > @Vr240253 said:
    > > I managed to have live chat with EA staff, it seems that it's just a wording issue.......
    > > he helped me changed the title by removing 'Origin Game Time' and now the disc is installing fine.
    > > this is silly......thanks for your replies anyway.
    >
    > How did you remove origin game time? I'm having the same problem
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @TTYL098 .
    > If you buy the Sims 4, put the product code into the " redeem product" box that comes up when you press the origin label at the top of the screen, then the sims 4 game time will be changed to the normal sims 4.

Thank you so much! this totally worked for me :smiley:
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > TTYL098 wrote: »
    >
    > > @Vr240253 said:
    > > I managed to have live chat with EA staff, it seems that it's just a wording issue.......
    > > he helped me changed the title by removing 'Origin Game Time' and now the disc is installing fine.
    > > this is silly......thanks for your replies anyway.
    >
    > How did you remove origin game time? I'm having the same problem
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @TTYL098 .
    > If you buy the Sims 4, put the product code into the " redeem product" box that comes up when you press the origin label at the top of the screen, then the sims 4 game time will be changed to the normal sims 4.

Thank you so much! this totally worked for me :smiley:

Hello @Charlie2000BC l
    You're welcome :) Happy simming! Enjoy playing sims 4!