Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big families, How many do you have?

Think I may have just found the perfect place on the forum for myself. Haha loads and loads of babies/toddlers/children! :D What is the most amount of children one sim family have had in your game-play?

Bit of story on my current family.

My Sim couples goal is to have a rather large family and due to unforeseen circumstances have decided that adoption is their best chance at the family they both want. Recently they adopted an adorable little boy named James, Their pride and joy in life. The couple are currently saving for their dream home. Tirelessly working their way into it, where they know that their soon to be huge family will have all the room and care they need in this incredible dream home.

Family dream house thread

a4wppc.jpg
2el9wep.jpg
158ba5w.jpg
Penguin Party is a group made to encourage the community to share their visions, hopes and dreams for The Sims series, We as a group hope to get your voices heard and spread as far and wide as possible.

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Wylsey wrote: »
    Think I may have just found the perfect place on the forum for myself. Haha loads and loads of babies/toddlers/children! :D What is the most amount of children one sim family have had in your game-play?

I had one household with one (gay male) couple, their adult son and his husband, 7 children, 5 toddlers, 8 infants, and 1 simbot (who doesn't show up on the portrait panel.

biggestfamily_zpsafad8c0c.jpg~original

The children came from both sets of parents. Actually...wait, I think I had one sim befriend an alien sim, moved the alien sim in, and he (the alien) fathered the child-sims. The toddlers belong to the son and his husband while the 8 infants (dual quads from both men being pregnant at the same time) were fathered by the main couple. (Lots of mods at work here.)

Anyways, quite the full house. Unfortunately by the time I got this scenario in place the neighborhood was quite old (>70 weeks in game) and full of previous offspring. I could only save twice before running into Error Code 12 messages; and traveling anywhere was quite problematic. So I stopped playing that neighborhood.

I just recently took another sim and once I get him settled, rich, and otherwise prepared I'm going to try the 100 baby challenge and try to recreate the above scenario, but with one parent obviously.

Maybe someday I'll relocate the family in the picture above in a town by themselves and accept the lost family tree and friends, just to play that household again.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Three, and they're challenges. Two are legacies, and one is the 100 baby challenge.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    meadowmuffinmeadowmuffin Posts: 22 Member
    i always play the game, hoping to make a new story, and it always ends up with them marrying and filling the house with kids haha. the most kids my sims have ever had is probably around 15 or so, i rarely can be bothered moving them out, so my average family has 6 kids.
    @Wylsey, James is really cute! usually when my family adopts the kid's hair and skin colour really dont match up, have you not edited him at all?
    @Treynutz, i love your family lol. i made a family similar to that one time with my Emperor of Evil sim and an alien sim, but with not nearly as many kids. does your computer crash with that many sims in one household? because i was thinking of finding a mod that allowed more than 8 sims in a household.
  • Options
    @Treynutz, i love your family lol. i made a family similar to that one time with my Emperor of Evil sim and an alien sim, but with not nearly as many kids. does your computer crash with that many sims in one household? because i was thinking of finding a mod that allowed more than 8 sims in a household.

No, I didn't get any crashes. I started getting Error Code 12 when saving though. I think that had more to do with the age of the neighborhood and the fact that before that pic those two couples had probably already had 20-30 kids already. I kept them alive though various in-game methods and the extended family tree was up to generation 4.

Look to NRaas for mods that allow functionality with households over 8. NRaas has a "which mods" section that lists what you need.

• Options
    lisastar08lisastar08 Posts: 121 Member
    @Treynutz wow that's a lot of kids, how do you keep up with them all?

This is my first time expanding beyond 8 in the household so right now my sim has 6 kids and their eldest has one. My couple may end up 'accidently' having more than their 6 since I have it set that all woohoo is risky.
  • Options
    lisastar08 wrote: »
    @Treynutz wow that's a lot of kids, how do you keep up with them all?

Lots of pausing and queuing up actions for everyone. Also the family by that time had over $10 million so I could buy and rebuild any way necessary to handle that many kids. I also left the older ones on free will most of the time concentrating only on getting homework done and in bed and off to school regularly. I also use NRaas Relativity set at 18 speed, so there's more time to do stuff during the day. That really helps with teaching toddler skills.

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got one family starting their first generation in my Glen Harbor legacy.Eli and Ami Jankowsky just had twins from their first pregnancy which lasted 30 days.Carol is the boy and Carey is the girl in that set of twins.Cory and Angel Frankovitch are also about to have a baby in that same legacy while Rudy Wagner and Lacey Walker are both about ten years old and working on getting married though no kids until they're older though they'll adopt a pet for now.Davis and Lacey Bell are the latest family in that legacy which has four households living in the town.They aren't ready for children and will focus on careers and saving up for a family and they;ll start their family later as adults.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    edited January 2015
    One family had a total of 21 children (I made the older children move out once they were young adults.) I kept using the young again potion on the parents.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    None as of recently.

I grew up in a highly religious community full of real-life huge families. I don't need to simulate that. My sims tend to be only children or have just one or two siblings.

I did once have a family with nine kids. One man, a wife, and a mistress he kept locked in his basement. This was back in early 2012 and my reaction to that was "NEVER AGAIN."
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    pigletpooh1pigletpooh1 Posts: 231 Member
    I once had a family, who started out having nothing but twins and triplets (thanks to the fertility treatment lol), we wound up with six children, and then two more when the oldest twins moved out, four more when the oldest triplets moved out and eventually-the only single child. So twelve children, twenty-two grand children and thirteen great grand children.
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited January 2015
    I created a couple a few months back named Cameron Cournier and Lillivet Harje. They had five children, two boys and three girls - Sidney, Karina, Esme, Addelyn, Alejandro. Sidney is the gay son, Karina and Esme are twins, Addelyn is the rebel, and Alejandro is my shy one. Sidney was born before Cameron&Lillivet married and decided in his rebellious child years to go to city hall and change his name back to Harje to be different from his parents. The other four children had the Cournier last name. I played all the kids through university and moved them all to their own houses and have been playing in 1-2 sim week rotations. All of the children currently are married and Cameron and Lillivet have both passed, as well as 4 of the family's 6 dogs have passed. It is so sad :'(
    Sidney ended up marrying his toddler-hood babysitter named Finn Muncy.
    Karina hooked up with a random spawn of Isla Paradiso named Marques De La Torre whose parents Sammi and Barnaby De La Torre were around the same age as Cameron&Lillivet. Marques had two siblings, a brother named Gary and a sister named Margie.
    Esme also married a spawn of Isla Paradiso named Cale Wade, whose parents were Jamel and Billie Wade. She had met Cale when she was a teen and he was an adult and he a clone of Jamel so for the longest time I thought they were brothers til I found he was his dad. The Wade's also had two more children; Theron, who has been a family friend since childhood, and Jamar, who I always confuse names with Jamel. I finally have figured it out now though.
    Addelyn originally had a fling with the family's male maid Arnulfo Somethingorother and wound up pregnant, but then found her true match in the form of Jamie Womack, the university basket deliverer.
    Alejandro was originally going to wind up with Ashley Corrono from the University town, but after she cheated on him via nraas story progression I decided to have him call it off with her. Once he got back home I had been on a cc downloading spree and made a sim by the name of Charlie Coix with all of the new content. I have a habit of giving typical girl names to boys and boy names to girls. Thus as why her name is Charlie.
    The first child of Gen 3 was Lizzy, Addelyn's showersex baby with Arnulfo. She will always hold a special place in my heart as she was born literally not even 5 minutes after Cameron had passed. She is now a teenager and I've created a nice young man by the name of Callum Wry which I'm hoping story progession sets her up with. If not I'll gladly do it myself.
    Next was Karina and Marques's twins Selena and Simon. They are also teenagers now but are some number of sim days younger than Lizzy. Lizzy aged to a toddler before they were born. Selena is very pretty and very outgoing, whereas Simon has few friends and tends to just hide on his computer all weekend. Much like myself :p
    At the time Selena&Simon were toddlers, Sidney&Finn (the gay couple) adopted a child son named Kennedy. Kennedy is 4 sim days older than Selena and Simon, and some odd number of days younger than Lizzy. He is my kind of chubbier goth kid who I haven't decided yet if to be gay like his dads or straight. Story Progression seems to want to set Kennedy up with one of my simself's children as I've placed my old sim family into the neighborhood for some neighbors when they moved towns when Lizzy was a baby. I personally would be more than happy to allow my daughter Tarhnee to date Kennedy. Joel and I would be very happy to join this incredibly family.
    Esme and Cale then had their son Aaron. He right now is an only child but I'm been like crazy in love with the name Porsha lately and am thinking about them having another child. Porsha Wade has a pretty nice sound, right? Anyways Aaron is a child atm and based on how he is so far I think he will be a lot like Kennedy is, but won't wear as much black I don't think. I love him to pieces though, he's got the cutest face.
    Then Addelyn and Jamie had another baby since Jamie was Lizzy's step dad in the family tree, Addelyn&Jamie decided to have a baby of their own, enter Lizzy's toddler brother Tyler. He looks so much like Jamie it's scary. I haven't really gotten to know Tyler much yet since he does a whole lot of nothing in life but if he ends up being anything like his dad I'll love him to bits.
    Around the same time Alejandro&Charlie had their daughter Celeste. Charlie had actually gotten pregnant before they moved in together so Alejandro spent a few sim weeks commuting half way across town to see his daughter, who doesn't seem to like him much for some reason. The game shows them as good friends but I just get this inner feeling she will grow up hating him. Maybe that's just my own imagination. Most recently, about 1-2 sim days ago the couple had another baby, named Mason. I know it had to be 1-2 sim days ago since Mason is still a baby and I have the life span to be babies for 2 days. But I swear it is so much longer than that. I swear to God that some of the neighborhood babies are babies for decades. Who even knows how aging works.
    And then there are the other families - those of the De La Torre's and Wade's. All of Marques's siblings and Cale's siblings found husbands and wives and started popping out babies. Since I don't much care about them I couldn't for the life of me tell you their names. I know that Cale's brother Theron married some woman named Dixie and the couple currently has four children.

Well if you made it through this whole post I congradulate you, and as much fun as it was for me to recount the entire story of the Cournier/Harje/De La Torre/Wade/Womack family I will create a family tree for them at some point most likely and post it here. This was a very fun 20+ minutes of my time to type this whole thing :blush:
  • Options
    That's some story! :) I don't play in rotation but I did have a family with an extended tree. That was a fun game while it lasted.
  • Options
    I just am hoping that I don't get bored any time soon....usually by the 4-5 generation I lose interest in families. But I've grown so close to these sims I love them as if they were my own. :p
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    Most of my Sims have four or five kids, rarely more.

I did have one game where I had the parents with five kids, of which one of the older boys stayed at home when he aged to adult, and his wife moved in with him and they had six kids together. At one point there were still three of his siblings, plus six of his kids, his wife, his parents, the horse and the dog in the house. (Needless to say I used mods...)

I do have one single Sim with seven adopted kids: a fairy, mermaid, ghost, genie, vampire, werewolf and witch. All insane, too. :lol:

One day I will complete my 100-baby challenge.
  • Options
    I've always wanted to do the 100 baby challenge...but I'd get so bored of popping out kids for no reason. I have to do the whole family thing my sims can't just go having babies.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    I do that, too, which is why my Sim only had 8 or 9 kids so far. He's a vampire, and level 10 in both science skill and alchemy. He doesn't age any more because he got potions and lifetime rewards to stay forever young adult.

I play out the entire childhood with every kid, and only let him have 7 at a time (no overstuffing the house). His of course are aliens, plantsims, science station clones and wishing well babies, since he can't get pregnant any other way.
    The 'evil' well children don't count, because they're not babies, but he still has to raise them. So he's had 9 kids, but only 7 that count for the challenge. It's going to take forever to get him up to 100, but I don't have a deadline, I just play him when I feel like it.
    The family is really funny, because he's an alchemist so he's already turned one of his evil well children into a witch and then took her DNA for cloning later.

I think at the rate I'm going (I only play him every so often) it will be 2025 when he has the 100 kids, but my only goal is to have fun trying. :)
  • Options
    WylseyWylsey Posts: 383 Member
    Sorry for the late reply guys. some of you have had SOOO very many kids haha I dont know if I will manage to get quite that far.

James skin tone was altered as it was a sort of odd colour. But I am not altering unless they have that strange colour, think it was from one of the skin tones I downloaded ages ago? :)

I adopted a little toddler girl and named her Penelope who is now grown into a child, My sim couple finally conceived and wound up having triplets! :open_mouth: Which I named Olivia, Liam and Mason.

Penguin Party is a group made to encourage the community to share their visions, hopes and dreams for The Sims series, We as a group hope to get your voices heard and spread as far and wide as possible.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Awesome

So far I in my Sharipo Legacy I have five kids. The oldest is a girl named Ruby, then a set of twins named Derek and Devon and then the youngest set of twins named Alyssa and Braden. Jarod is an elder, he's the founder and his wife Gemmy is almost an elder. They also have a plumbbot.

In the Sims2, my legacy heiress Brittany and her husband Bruce had 10 kids. :) I love the aliens.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    I'm not necessarily interested in huge families, but I do love having long family trees. I like to be able to look back on generations but hate having to micro-manage my household and prefer to sit back and just watch them go most of the time. On average I'll have 3 children per sim family and my games only really and truly begin once my original sims have children as I'll have far more story with the kids rather than the adults, because of the simming experience of "watching them grow-up" etc. That said however, I have had a family that was full (8 people) with three big dogs. It was fun but became too much micro-managing so I began to move the older family members out as well as family members I wasn't going to continue on with my legacy. Sometimes it's a very tough decision as to who I'm going to continue on with.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    Nicolee13745Nicolee13745 Posts: 5 New Member
    On my old save I had a 2 gen have 8 children (one set of triplets) and before I lost the save he had 20 something grandchildren. My new family currently has 4 children and 6 grandchildren.
  • Options
    MushMouse88MushMouse88 Posts: 40 Member
    I usually make a family up to 4 or 5 kids and then pick one (sadly it's usually the best looking one lol) to continue on. I'm not a legacy player by any means, but I suppose my game play is kind of along the same lines in that way.
  • Options
    NemracianNemracian Posts: 5 New Member
    I started out with two sims(bf and gf) then they got married. She got pregnant with triplet girls and when they became kids the mom/wife got pregnant with boy triplets and I have two sets of triplets and not a big enough house.
  • Options
    Wow! That's fantastic! :O were you using any fertility tools to help get triplets?

Sorry I haven't answered all your responses before, I've been super busy editing things for a YouTube channel a couple of us made from the family players thread. We've been doing podcasts to defend family play and try to be heard that we want to see more of it in TS4 :)
  • Options
    MMitchell93MMitchell93 Posts: 108 Member
    Before I started using NRAAS mods just recently, I only played families with one or two children because I liked to play the same family for many generations and couldn't have more than eight people in a household. Now that I am using mods, I've been experimenting with larger families.
  • Options
    Before I started using NRAAS mods just recently, I only played families with one or two children because I liked to play the same family for many generations and couldn't have more than eight people in a household. Now that I am using mods, I've been experimenting with larger families.

Oohh I hope you share pictures some time