Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

project_cascade's Showcase: The RV - Breeze

SketchSketch Posts: 430 Member
edited January 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hello there, fellow creators and simmers!

My Origin ID: project_cascade
I make (most of the time) celebrity sims without cc. If anyone is looking for something like that please feel free to follow and let me know if you want me to follow back!!

I also am considering making lots as well! Everyone who uploads buildings to the gallery has inspired me to make a lot. :) Whether they are Maxis fav'd or not, I love the creativity the builders of Sims 4 has. Sometimes, I will look at a lot and it will inspire me to create something new myself.

I decided not to let these ideas waste any longer.

Some info about me. I used to like making lots more than making sims, starting with the Sims 2. There would be tons of houses with no sims to live in. It was ok to me in the Sims 3. I hated making sims in the Sims 3 though. Ironically, that switched around in the Sims 4 and I loved making sims in the fourth.

I present to you my first lot. I hope it is not my only one lol

This is the first lot I have completed (Second one I started, if you want to get technical ;))

Lot name: Christmas Home

This is my first house that I built, I hope you will make this your home for the holidays! :D

Day

Front
12-24-14_10-11nbspAM_zps7c552672.png

Back
12-24-14_10-12nbspAM_zps1e3546b7.png

Night

Front
12-24-14_10-09nbspAM_zps04cda502.png

12-24-14_10-10nbspAM_zps5b4b4ba1.png
Back
12-24-14_10-13nbspAM_zps7ff43a47.png

Eh, anyone know how to not get the grid to show up? I'm sorry, I kinda rushed these pictures. Will add better ones someday! :)

My Kitchen, I uploaded this room under the name Jazzy Cuisine
12-24-14_10-15nbspAM_zpsae70209e.png

Bottom Floor
12-24-14_10-20nbspAM_zps5065cf7b.png

12-24-14_10-18nbspAM_zpsa27a0782.png

Top Floor
12-24-14_10-19nbspAM-2_zpsd2872895.png

12-24-14_10-19nbspAM_zpsf9a9c0a8.png

Merry Christmas Eve everyone, and happy holidays to all! Take care everyone!
Shj7guV.png
Post edited by Sketch on

Comments

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Hi Sketch! Nice to meet you. Your Christmas Home is Gorgeous! I Love the exterior shape. Very pretty interiors too!

You just have to press "G" on your keyboard to get rid of the grid. Press it again, to turn the grid back on. Easy peasy! Merry Christmas! :)
  • Options
    Hi Sketch! Nice to meet you. Your Christmas Home is Gorgeous! I Love the exterior shape. Very pretty interiors too!

You just have to press "G" on your keyboard to get rid of the grid. Press it again, to turn the grid back on. Easy peasy! Merry Christmas! :)
    Hi WrathofCath, nice to meet you too!

Thanks for your comments and thanks for telling me about the grid! I'm playing on a tablet and it works! :) I'm still learning on how to make interiors better, lots of great designers here on the forums to learn from. :D
    Shj7guV.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello :) It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds.
    Christmas Home is very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The stone texture of the exterior is very nice, and the roofing is great! Very nice front porch. The open shutter bay windows look nice how you have placed them in the build. It looks nice and festive how you have placed the snowflake pattern on the exterior, the wreath on the window, and the snowman to greet sims as they come to the home. Very nice back outdoors living and pool area! Sims will have fun swiming in the pool, or enjoy sitting poolside at the umbrella coverec table enjoying eating a meal outside in the sunshine. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The kitchen is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets, and the bar stool counter is nice. The flowers on the counter are nice for sims to see when sitting there on the stools or cooking. Nice dining table nook area. The musician themed pictures on the walls add very nice looks to the kitchen and dining areas. The blue colour and texture of the bathroom walls and floor looks nice. Very nice fireplace living room sitting area. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa there, warming up by the fire. It looks nice how you have placed the plumbobs on the fireplace ledge. The bar area is a nice place for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar, and enjoying seeing the nice festive sight of the nearby Christmas tree. Nice layout of the upper floor. Sims will have fun playing games on the card table in the single beds room. Nice study and family room. Sims will enjoy sitting at the study desk table using the computer or enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching tv.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Happy Christmas to you and your family! :)
    Would you like me to post a link to your showcase thread in the Showcase threads link thread? The link to the thread is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793638/showcase-links-thread
    Thanks Rose for your very detailed comments! :) Yes please, I would like to have my showcase in the showcase thread. I will try to make more lots when I can. ;)

Merry Christmas to you and your family too! :)
    Shj7guV.png
  • Options
    Hello everyone, I am back with another build.

I wanted to do something un-ordinary. I hope this build is not too much.

Anyways, this is the first build in a series which I am calling the Hermit Trilogy. These builds are mostly intended for one Sim. I have not figured out what I am going to do for my second build but I know what I want the third one to be. I don't know if it will be possible to build yet so. :p

Here we have the first build in the trilogy called "Bunker - Countdown 2015"

This build was inspired by old beliefs that the world was going to end on December 31st (mostly the year 1999). However, with this build you can create any story you wish. Whether a Sim is hiding from a massive plague, zombie apocalypse or radiation from an aftermath.

Countdown is the name of the bunker. This lot is cheap enough to be a starter.

12-31-14_4-41nbspPM-3_zpsba8998b2.png

12-31-14_4-42nbspPM_zpsb2154543.png

12-31-14_4-42nbspPM-2_zps50842921.png

Top Floor

12-31-14_4-41nbspPM-2_zpsa1547436.png

Bottom Floor

12-31-14_4-41nbspPM_zpsfa9d391e.png

Bathroom

12-31-14_4-45nbspPM_zps7d37897a.png

Bedroom

12-31-14_4-44nbspPM_zps1f1e9e0b.png

I know this will either be really cool or really lame to some people but I just wanted to make something different. Anyways, I'm pretty sure the second build in the series won't be another bunker. The third one will definitely not be a bunker either (I don't want to give the idea away but it is somewhat a actual house). I hope I won't lose the audience with this... bunker. :p

Here's what I wrote in the comments. If you get all the references, you can get a like from me. :)

This building was made for the sim that believed that the end was nigh.

Your sim will be protected from the zombie apocalypse or radiation in this bunker. Good luck surviving in the post-apocalyptic world! :)

WARNING: This bunker does not protect against world ending floods or door opening velociraptors.

Happy New Years everyone, I hope I have been able to keep your interest with my builds. :)
    Shj7guV.png
  • Options
    It is great that you are creating a series of builds in the theme of a Hermit Trilogy. I will look forward to seeing the other two builds too. :) Bunker - Countdown 2015 is great! The exterior of the bunker home is great! It looks great how you have used and placed the large rocks around the edges of the home. The texture of the exterior is great, and it looks great how you have a front steps entrance to the home. The layout of the interior of the home looks great! It is great how the downstairs rooms are situated off from the middle central area. The black tiling of the interior walls suits the theme of the build. The camera and clock on the bedside table look like the sim is preparing for the end of the year.
    It is a great themed home :)
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Happy new year @Sketch Love your builds. They are nicely designed.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    Thanks Rose and Kamb for the comments! :)

I know most players don't want to live in a facility type esque bunker but I know there are players who like to create stories when they play the Sims. So I thought there might be a chance someone might be interested in a lot like this for simmers that are interested in these kinds of stories.

Rose, you made a great observation about the camera and clock! I intentionally put the objects there to create a sense of "missing ordinary society/a past time hobby" as well. The camera and clock both looked old and vintage to me. I hope players are able to create their own stories though with this build. :)
    Shj7guV.png
  • Options
    CyprusCyprus Posts: 27 New Member
    I like the front exterior of your house, really fits the holiday theme. You should add some more windows to the back of your house if possible.
  • Options
    DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    Very nice house !
    Interesting idea bunker.
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Wow! Awesome lots @Sketch! :D I gonna love them!
    I really like your Bunker - Countdown 2015, it's very unique and creative. :) I really missed basements in TS4. I hope Maxis will bring it back.
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    Vermanitus7Vermanitus7 Posts: 52 Member
    Countdown is very interesting building :) It looks very solid and safe :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Cyprus thanks for the suggestion! I will keep that in mind for my future builds. :)

Thanks Dels, RyeCris16 and Vermanitus! Really appreciate the comments everyone! :)

Today, I am proud to present my new lot! This is the 2nd house of the Hermit Trilogy. It's possible to have two sims live on this small lot but it was not created for that.

WARNING: Before playing this lot please read here: Skip here if you just want to see the creation.

To get the lot to look like the picture, you have to do a few things. If you do not want to do those, you can also just delete the circle windows but you would just have a regular lot.

Here's what you have to do to make it look like the picture.

As you can see the windows which I made to be tires are floating. :(
    To fix this:
    1) Make sure "bb.moveobjects" is on!
    2) Place lot in build mode.
    3) Raise Foundation to max.
    4) WARNING: Pushing walls in will delete some objects!! Push walls in one square.
    5) Pull circle windows down near where the walls were with the zero button.
    6) Move walls back.
    7) Push foundations back middle.
    8) Do that for both sides and you should be good.

I wish I could upload it as is. :(

If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them! Please read below for instructions on how to make it look like the picture. :) Anyways without further ado, I present to you The RV - Breeze!

Link to the Gallery here.

Breeze is the name of the RV. We will be joined by our lovely tour guides, Ashley and Lucy. :)

Small backstory: This RV was a home to an aspiring comedian. It is now yours for you and your adventures in the Sims 4!

Front ish view.

01-10-15_4-58nbspAM_zpsa3c40e0e.png

01-10-15_11-05nbspAM-2_zps00516439.png

Back ish view.

01-10-15_11-07nbspAM_zpsf66d69df.png

Top Down View

Both Sides

01-10-15_11-05nbspAM_zps67b5a29c.png

01-10-15_11-04nbspAM_zpsc62c33ed.png

Bathroom

01-10-15_11-02nbspAM_zpsa57c6d74.png

Driver's (Hi Lucy, having fun? :))

01-10-15_10-44nbspAM_zpsc91dade5.png

Kitchen/Living (It's Ashley!)

01-10-15_10-51nbspAM_zps70d7256b.png

Bedroom (Ashley says the tour is over. :( Good Night. :))

01-10-15_10-42nbspAM_zpsbf70325f.png

Hope everyone enjoyed this. This lot might be the best out of the three, in my opinion. If only it didn't come with those issues. :(
    Post edited by Sketch on
    Shj7guV.png
  • Options
    Breeze is a very nice home! :) It is great that you have designed it as a RV trailer home! The window wheels look great! It looks great how you have done the exterior of the home! The front of the RV looks great with the windows for sims to look out through whilst driving and the headlights look great on the hood. It looks great how you have steps to enter the home. The pond and water fountain feature is nice. It looks nice how you have placed the windows on the sides and back of the home. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The blue colour and texture of the bathroom wall and floor tiling looks nice. Very nice driver's seat area! Sims will enjoy sitting there on the seats looking out through the windows at the outdoors views, and listening to music from the music player. The gnome looks cute there on the desk! Nice living room nook area for sims to enjoy resting on the sofa watching tv. The clock on the wall and the tissue box on the tv table are nice home touches. The flowers and the fruit picture on the bedside table are nice for sims to see when waking in the mornings. The blue colour scheme of the home is very nice.
    It is a great RV home :)
  • Options
    Thanks you Rose! I had so much fun making this build. I'm very saddened that I cannot upload the lot as is due to MOO not transferring as is. I think there is so much imagination available for stories, whether the RV is mobile or immobile for whatever the simmers decide.

Besides stories, I thought that computer looked closest to a wheel. :) Radio is functional, headlights, backlights, I was trying to make sure that the RV stayed true to a vehicle. It was a challenge but at the end, this looked like a home I wanted to play in from time to time. It is built on the smallest lot and I had intended it to be a starter in the beginning. I changed my mind because I saw many potential this build had.

I know I said the last one will be awesome but with this lot, I don't think the last lot will live up to the hype. :p

I think the idea has been done before but I don't want to give it away what the last house is yet. :)

Hope everyone enjoys this one! I did tell you it wouldn't be another... bunker. :p
    Shj7guV.png
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited January 2015
    You are very creative!! I LOVE your RV!!! Never would have thought to use windows for wheels and yet there they are and they look like the wheels!! Awesome job!!

Just a note, you may want to include the gallery links to your builds so anyone who wants has a easier way to locate them. :)
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    The RV - Breeze is very awesome! :D
    I love your architectural part, very great use of windows as wheels, counters and lights for the front, and pool ladder as the back ladder. I also adore your landscaping too! I like your fountain area and terrain paint. And Your interior, amazing! I really like your study area.
    I love it! I'm adding this to my faves. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Loving the RV :D It's really cool. Great use of the limited space too!
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    Thank you @Tiki5872, @RyeCris16 and @Cerrydd for the comments! :)

Thanks Tiki5872 again for the gallery link suggestion! :)

I can't take credit for the window wheels though. I saw Jayocean (I don't if the person is a user here), who has some very creative lots btw, use them before and thought it was a great idea! :)
    Shj7guV.png
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Wow! Such a creative thread, I love the RV! The pool ladder idea is genius, such a cool build. :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Super cute RV...what a neat house idea & u put it together so well =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg