Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims can't use the refrigerator & other issues

KristenDBKristenDB Posts: 8 New Member
I have never had any issues with my game before today, but my sims can't use the refrigerator all of a sudden. The interactions pop up but they never do what I tell them to. My game has started having other issues as well including sims continuing to walk around when I'm in buy mode.

Now my sim has a fireplace on her head. I would post a picture but it won't let me.

& I forgot to mention before but my sim suddenly has a romantic relationship bar with his child son.
Post edited by KristenDB on

Comments

• Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    It's the same for me, the new update rendered my fridge unusable in my save game. I tried deleting, putting it in my inventory and taking them to a different lot and back. Still not working. They can get a quick meal. Open an invisible fridge in the lounge room but that’s about it. Dang it I took out all my mods and it is still happening in my save.
    I started a new save and family and still the fridge is rendered useless. It takes my money but they never cook. The action drops and the continue with daily Life. So po'd right now. How can you play if the plum sims won't cook. They will all die of hunger.
    Guess it's back to TS3 til this is fixed
    I'd love to see a pic of the sim with a fireplace on their head.
    upload it to a photosharing site like photobucket and link it.
  • Options
    muimui1208muimui1208 Posts: 14 New Member
    Oh yea, I encountered this as well!! I posted my experience on Facebook. After the update, my sims can no longer use the refridgerator or stove to cook meals, the simoleons gets deducted however the task itself cancels itself out. I had to send my sim to the park so they can use the grill to cook food to eat. I also noticed you can't go over to the bar and ask for chips anymore. Any clue as to why this might've happened? I understand some of the kitchen stuff will get unlocked in the Culinary track however even when I downgraded on the furniture as a way of troubleshooting, still no food for my starving pregnant sim.
  • Options
    > @Toblie said:
    > It's the same for me, the new update rendered my fridge unusable in my save game. I tried deleting, putting it in my inventory and taking them to a different lot and back. Still not working. They can get a quick meal. Open an invisible fridge in the lounge room but that’s about it. Dang it I took out all my mods and it is still happening in my save.
    > I started a new save and family and still the fridge is rendered useless. It takes my money but they never cook. The action drops and the continue with daily Life. So po'd right now. How can you play if the plum sims won't cook. They will all die of hunger.
    > Guess it's back to TS3 til this is fixed
    > I'd love to see a pic of the sim with a fireplace on their head.
    > upload it to a photosharing site like photobucket and link it.

Mine can't even get a quick meal. It's crazy. Thanks for letting me know how to add pictures I'll add it to my post.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I'm sorry, but new members are restricted from posting pictures. Once you make member, you will be able to post pictures. Just keep posting and earning likes or lols. Soon you'll be a member.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    > @Mylita said:
    > I'm sorry, but new members are restricted from posting pictures. Once you make member, you will be able to post pictures. Just keep posting and earning likes or lols. Soon you'll be a member.
    >
    > Mylita

Okay, thanks for the info. I should have made an account sooner, I've been reading these forums since before the game was released.
  • Options
    Does that include links to the photo? I know she can't post photos but what about links
  • Options
    > @Toblie said:
    > Does that include links to the photo? I know she can't post photos but what about links

I can't post links either.
  • Options
    KristenDB wrote: »
    > @Toblie said:<br />
    > Does that include links to the photo? I know she can't post photos but what about links<br />
    <br />
    I can't post links either.

Oh that sucks. that would have been hilarious to see!
  • Options
    acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    put a space in between the link to make it appear like a normal text. I would really love see the fireplace on the head. LOL!
  • Options
    > @acee313 said:
    > put a space in between the link to make it appear like a normal text. I would really love see the fireplace on the head. LOL!

I tried, somehow it still recognized that it was a link.
  • Options
    MOMMADESHAMOMMADESHA Posts: 1 New Member
    I too cannot use the stove or refrigerator to cook; I can however use a grill. This is better than nothing, but I cannot bake a cake. When I drag food onto the counter it disappears; sometime later, usually after returning home from traveling, I can see the food either back on the counter or it is in a Sims inventory (maybe my aim is bad). Also, if I want my Sims to listen to music and do other tasks, like homework or use the computer, my Sims will do one or the other. I do not know if it is something I am not doing or if there is a problem with the mental aspiration. My Sim earned an "A" in school and she has kept the "A" for about 3-days; she completes her homework and extra credit every day, but she is unable to complete the aspiration. Also, I have another Sim working on the writer aspiration. If she stops writing, the progress indicator starts over as if she just started writing the book, she looses the hours she spent previously writing. The reward "Never Weary" is now "Almost Never Weary"? The last thing, for whatever reason, if my Sims are sitting at a table doing whatever all of a sudden almost all will standup and their queue will clear. All the above is sad for me because I am doing the 100 babies challenge. I don't want my mother Sims to send into the world a bunch of sad half-starved and half-empty head adults. I love the aspirations; I feel like the mothers are doing more than just having babies. Please fix soon.
  • Options
    fruitheadfruithead Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same issue. They pay for the food but don't actually cook and now they're starving. I've also noticed that when I log into one of my current lots, the sims are standing on the sidewalk like they just moved in and it seems like time passed since I last played them (ie. my guy was leaving for work in an hour when I exited, and was late for work when I logged back in).

How long will it take for them to fix this? The game is pretty much unplayable until the food bug is fixed.
  • Options
    I closed out of my game without saving & when I went back on the game everything was normal. I'm hoping it will continue to work. Hopefully it will all be fixed soon.
  • Options
    I ended up restarting my computer and so far looks like the fridge works again. So try a restart.
  • Options
    Great_WolfGreat_Wolf Posts: 4 New Member
    I had installed the update before work, powered down my computer, went to work, returned, powered back on my computer, and I encountered the problem mentioned. looks like they access the fridge for a quick meal, but can't do anything else with it.
  • Options
    Great_WolfGreat_Wolf Posts: 4 New Member
    > @KristenDB said:
    > I closed out of my game without saving & when I went back on the game everything was normal. I'm hoping it will continue to work. Hopefully it will all be fixed soon.

This worked for me as well. seems to be an intermediate solution until they get a patch in to actually fix it.
  • Options
    Marieke020Marieke020 Posts: 57 Member
    I had the same problem that the stove and the fridge didn't work.
    Right click the Sims4 Icon in Origin and choose "repair game". This will delete a broken file in your cache folder.
    But you can delete the files in this folder manually too.

With me, the bad cache file did the trick, everything worked again after I deleted it.

When this doesn't work, delete the localthumbspackage file in the main folder. When this still doesn't work you can delete save files in the scratch folder.

This was tipped by kremesch73 to me but I cannot send the link.
  • Options
    devilchild803devilchild803 Posts: 48 Member
    edited December 2014
    > @Marieke020 said:
    > I had the same problem that the stove and the fridge didn't work.
    > Right click the Sims4 Icon in Origin and choose "repair game". This will delete a broken file in your cache folder.
    > But you can delete the files in this folder manually too.
    >
    > With me, the bad cache file did the trick, everything worked again after I deleted it.
    >
    > When this doesn't work, delete the localthumbspackage file in the main folder. When this still doesn't work you can delete save files in the scratch folder.
    >
    > This was tipped by kremesch73 to me but I cannot send the link.

Using the "repair game" option worked for me. Thanks :)
  • Options
    ellenkellyellenkelly Posts: 6 New Member
    The "repair game" option worked instantly for me as well for fixing the fridge issues, however anyone experiencing extremely slow loading screens since the update?
  • Options
    devilchild803devilchild803 Posts: 48 Member
    > @ellenkelly said:
    > The "repair game" option worked instantly for me as well for fixing the fridge issues, however anyone experiencing extremely slow loading screens since the update?

I don't think mine have been worse than usual, but I'm not the most observant person on the planet.
  • Options
    ellenkellyellenkelly Posts: 6 New Member
    > @devilchild803 said:
    > I don't think mine have been worse than usual, but I'm not the most observant person on the planet.

It's only when I first load the game up and trying to load my household, seems to be taking about ten minutes (slight exaggeration :P ), probably just me :)
  • Options
    rar3kainrar3kain Posts: 20 Member
    Couldn't use the fridge, the repair game option worked, thanks for that suggestion. My loading screens actually seem a bit faster...
  • Options
    DandebalouDandebalou Posts: 8 New Member
    Between people coming into the house uninvited and staying for days on end, eating the homeowner's food, sleeping in their beds, etc. and everyone refusing to open the refrigerator to get food, I had just about decided the new patch makes the game unplayable. Although there are certainly aspects of it I like. But I just realized I can pull group meals out of the refrigerator, tell my sims to grab a serving and they will do it. So if I delete the backyard grill, the uninvited guests will have no way to feed themselves and will either have to finally go home or starve to death. Time will tell which option "they choose."
  • Options
    DandebalouDandebalou Posts: 8 New Member
    And I forgot to mention if any member of the household travels to another lot while another member is at work, the one who was at work returns home with the one who was traveling for fun or social interaction. So if they were set to be promoted, that promotion is delayed until the next workday -- assuming I remember to keep everyone home. If not, the promotion is delayed again.
  • Options
    eq1984eq1984 Posts: 80 Member
    edited December 2014
    I am also having this problem, I've just repaire game so going to give that a try. Fingers crossed, my poor sims are starving!

ETA - it worked for me, thanks @Marieke20