Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Winter storm

cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
So the blizzard here made the power go out for a few hours, now it came back on (almost 1PM) but who knows how long itll stay :|
PC Specs:
Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
16GB DDR4 RAM
128GB SSD
1TB 7200RPM HDD
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
6685561181.png
Rogers Ignite 70u internet

Comments

• Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I hope it stays on for you and all of those affected by the storm.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    My Winnie the Pooh onesie will protect me from the cold. It's quite baggy, so I stuffed it full of towels and clothes - I now look like a really, really, fat Winnie the Pooh - like an inflated Winnie the Pooh.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I hope that the power stays on for you Cale. I hope that everyone can keep safe in the weather. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, and may you have a special time spent with your family and friends. :)
  • Options
    rachelt405rachelt405 Posts: 1,533 Member
    Hope the power stays on for you, keep warm
    Be kind to animals please help stop all cruelty to them

• Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    If the power goes out again it'll be a great day to enjoy the outside ;)
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    I hope the power stays on and you stay warm Cale!
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    might be a good idea to chill without the computer . the last thing you want is for it to fry .
  • Options
    might be a good idea to chill without the computer . the last thing you want is for it to fry .

Actually on a laptop and plugged on a protected outlet
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Oh no is the weather really bad in the usa atm then? Its so cold here in the uk its really dropped in temp the past few days!!!
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Hope it all settles down soon. Stay warm and safe. :)
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    Days from he original post, but if it's still an issue for you then I'd like to wish you the best, and hope all is well with you and your family! If your hungry here's a cookie for the road.. :cookie:
  • Options
    Its all done and actually alot has melted
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • Options
    ScarlettLuffsUScarlettLuffsU Posts: 204 Member
    Make sure next time you hear about the next storm you go to the store and stock up on milk, toilet paper, and bread.

At least that's what everyone else does 'round here

like seriously tho

You can't open your fridge otherwise all the food will spoil so you can't drink milk
    you can't flush the toilet
    and are you seriously going to live on bread for maybe 2 weeks?

I just go to Walmart and buy snocone flavoring because I'll have an endless supply of snocones surrounding me.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I keep stocked up year-round on essentials -- charged batteries, food that doesn't need cooking (there's always bread and peanut butter in quantity, at a minimum -- I bake bread and there's usually a few loaves in the freezer), a couple of big containers of water. Where I live, the power cables are overhead, so it can take nothing more than a windstorm to knock power out for a neighbourhood. Last year we started to have power outages in the city from flooding too, for different I guess! I unplug major electronics and fill up extra containers of water when there's a *big* storm on the way. And last winter I got an emergency weather radio/phone recharger! I haven't needed it yet, but only because the year's biggest power outage skipped over our neighbourhood; some people were out for days.

First line of defense when the power does go out: Eat all the ice cream. It won't last anyway. Just get it out of the freezer really quickly so almost no cold gets out.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I totally understand. I live in the northeast and we get terrible winters. It's only rain so far. I pray that it doesn't snow. Especially next year
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif