Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Proposal: The Royal Family EP.

Comments

• Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Jimil wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Why would you even propose that for Sims o.O Isn't Sims 4 already bad enough, do we need to start adding things like royalty and celibrities? What's next? The Hollywood Fails EP?
    What would you expect? No EPs? smh
    That's not what she said or implied at all.......
    I know.. I was just about to start drama. Ugh thanks mom!
  • Options
    loyallyroyalloyallyroyal Posts: 353 Member
    I don't think it's going to happen. Well, why not a Fairytale EP?

They might sneek in supernaturals in that one, so I wouldn't like.

Not if being "royal" is already your lifestate for the fairytale expansion, I would love it if royal sims had a unique accent and interactions. I'm sure you wouldn't mind if a fairy godmother was snuck in on the side... Granted, I think this expansion idea would work better after a pets so you get horses and a supernatural for witches.

I have wanted a fairytale expansion since sims 2, and 'royal" sims would fit right in.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Why would you even propose that for Sims o.O Isn't Sims 4 already bad enough, do we need to start adding things like royalty and celibrities? What's next? The Hollywood Fails EP?
    What would you expect? No EPs? smh
    That's not what she said or implied at all.......
    I know.. I was just about to start drama. Ugh thanks mom!
    Start drama with this bad idea of a EP. Go do it! Your mom said so!
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

Not if being "royal" is already your lifestate for the fairytale expansion, I would love it if royal sims had a unique accent and interactions. I'm sure you wouldn't mind if a fairy godmother was snuck in on the side... Granted, I think this expansion idea would work better after a pets so you get horses and a supernatural for witches.

I have wanted a fairytale expansion since sims 2, and 'royal" sims would fit right in.

Simlish with an accent? Perfect!
  • Options
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    To avoid coming off as rude.. maybe say why you don't like it rather than just saying "ugh, it's bad!" or "horrible!!" and the op can expand on it.

Just a thought.
    If you are replying to me since I'm the comment above yours, I already said my piece in the front page. :p
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    SelenaGrey wrote: »

Simlish with an accent? Perfect!

I need this, like, now. British accents are... we just need these okay?

I want my sims to sound more like me.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

I fell sorry you equate those two.

And a well-done Hollywood EP focused on movie-making might be actually great.

That's how I feel about the royal family, just more celebrities that I honestly couldn't care less about. Why not make a world styled EP with major cultural objects from each continent.
  • Options

That's how I feel about the royal family, just more celebrities that I honestly couldn't care less about. Why not make a world styled EP with major cultural objects from each continent.

I am sorry you feel that way. But they actually mean and represent a lot to a lot of people, so I'd refrain from such harsh language.

And the world would be a better place if more people dedicated themselves to charity, the military, the environment and tradition.

It's like insulting Japan's Emperor or the Pope.

I thank you in advance for your understanding.
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited November 2014
    horrible idea...no one outside the UK really cares about the Royal Family...the Monarchy is just a whimsical and archaic form of government...its cute, but ultimately a little sad
  • Options

I am sorry you feel that way. But they actually mean and represent a lot to a lot of people, so I'd refrain from such harsh language.

And the world would be a better place if more people dedicated themselves to charity, the military, the environment and tradition.

I don't like the Pope much either and even if I adored him I wouldn't going around asking for a whole EP with the Pope as the central theme o.o
  • Options
    loyallyroyalloyallyroyal Posts: 353 Member

I wouldn't mine another world adventures type expansion.

That being said, I definitely don't want my royal sims to work like celebrities in Late Night, but have them be a CAS option, like witches in Supernatural. I want accents, a royal walk style, royal interactions, ect.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Why not have something like... Generations?
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    horrible idea...no one outside the UK really cares about the Royal Family...the Monarchy is just a whimsical and archaic form of government...its cute, but ultimately a little sad

Presidentialism is much worse, I believe. But let's not talk politics here.

The idea no one cares for the royal family world wide is silly given how obsessed the world was with the Royal Wedding and George's birth.
  • Options

I wouldn't mine another world adventures type expansion.

That being said, I definitely don't want my royal sims to work like celebrities in Late Night, but have them be a CAS option, like witches in Supernatural. I want accents, a royal walk style, royal interactions, ect.

Great suggestions.

The blue blood trait!

The Royal walk style!
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited November 2014

So all those other places that have a monarchy, Japan, Denmark, The Netherlands (to name a few), don't care about their monarchy? I'll admit I haven't lived in The Netherlands for a very, VERY long time, but it didn't used to be that way.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options

The idea no one cares for the royal family world wide is silly given how obsessed the world was with the Royal Wedding and George's birth.
    Obsessed?! Nah it was just the media overhyping things as usual. Most Americans don't care.....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

I don't like the Pope much either and even if I adored him I wouldn't going around asking for a whole EP with the Pope as the central theme o.o

Well, if you wanted to, you could. It is a forum after all.

No need to tell people their juggestion are not worth making.

Simply disagree and tell people why.
  • Options
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »

So all those other places that have a monarchy, Japan, Denmark, The Netherlands (to name a few), don't care about their monarchy? I'll admit I haven't lived in The Netherlands for a very, VERY long time, but it didn't used to be that way.

True.
  • Options

Obsessed?! Nah it was just the media overhyping things as usual. Most Americans don't care.....

Most of the world doesn't care.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    Speaking as a Brit, that sounds terrible.

As someone with "hints" of an Australian accent, I also think along these lines.

But seriously, @Rinilex is certainly right. No more "icon" driven SPs or EPs.
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member

"Media" was obsessed, not "The World"...HUGE difference there....and i never said another type of government was "better", just that the Monarchy is outdated
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

I'm hungry.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    Speaking as a Brit, that sounds terrible.

I'm with you there.

I'm not a big fan of those ideas, too celebrity minded for my tastes and that's what my experience of them is within this country! I'm glad some people love them and each to their own but I don't fancy that as an ep.

It would be nice to have cultural elements from around the globe as mentioned previously-this game is sold around the world and it would be great to see some different aspects of other cultures in the sims other than just a holiday destination theme :-)

• Options

They just buy papers, flood websites and give TV high ratings just because then?
  • Options

Pretty much lol. I'm sure most Simmers don't care either.
    hEFcp6z.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top