Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nancy Drew!

GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
Anyone here play the Nancy Drew games? I have been a fan of those since I first found them back in 2008. Right now I'm playing the Silent Spy. I just in the first part of the game, and so far so good. Though I noticed I haven't gotten sucked into it like the previous games. But that could be from the fact that when I do get to play it's late and I'm tired. LOL
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• Options
    chloeazule91chloeazule91 Posts: 105 Member
    Yes!! I play them! I'm surprised to see them mentioned here 'cause they're a pretty small series, but it seems a lot of Sims fans also enjoy the ND games. I'm a huge fan actually! Have you seen the Nancy Drew fandom on tumblr? sarahplaysnancydrew is one of the best humor blogs for the games if you wanna check it out :P
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Who the plum is Nancy drew and who chose to call her that lol
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    steve7859 wrote: »

She is a very famous fictional investigator, like Sherlock Holmes. She started as a book series, but has since then been adapted into several other platforms, like the games stated above.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member

She is a very famous fictional investigator, like Sherlock Holmes. She started as a book series, but has since then been adapted into several other platforms, like the games stated above.

Sounds fun I like stuff like that, is it an actually game or one of those click and point things?
  • Options
    chloeazule91chloeazule91 Posts: 105 Member

Sounds fun I like stuff like that, is it an actually game or one of those click and point things?

They're actual games, but they're click and point, I guess? I'm not sure what you mean by that -- the Nancy Drew games have gameplay similar to Myst, Syberia, and the Agatha Christie games if you've ever played any of those
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    I have some of the earlier games. I haven't brought the last few that has come out. I even beta tested one of the games I do have of the Nancy Drew series... :)
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    OMG MY GUILTIEST PLEASURE.
    I've played every Nancy Drew game...my mom bought me Message in a Haunted Mansion when I was like, 9 maybe? So for over 10 years. I know it's ages 9 and up but I still have so much fun playing Nancy Drew games, lol. I download the game from Wildtangent normally so I'm able to finish the game in a few hours without having to pay.

If only they could somehow combine Nancy Drew and TS. Maybe in a whole separate game though, in case it's a disaster.
  • Options
    I did not know they had a tumbler for ND. That's pretty cool! I used to read the ND books and the Hardy Boys too. So when I discovered the games I was so excited. The first one I bought was "Curse of Blackmoore Manor" After that I was hooked. There are only two I haven't played yet, "Labyrinth of Lies" and "The Shattered Medallion".

ND games are like a point and click game, but better. LOL It's not like the typical point and click, and each games takes you to a new and exciting location, Nancy has been from her own home town (Alibi in Ashes) to Japan (Secrets at the Water's Edge), to the hot sands of Egypt (Tomb of the Lost Queen). Best Buy normally has them on sale around this time of year. I say get one, jump in, and enjoy the game!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I LOVE ND games! I was not impressed with the Medallion one--I tried it at my friends house and decided not to play it. But the latest game was pretty fun! My top picks of the newer ones are Shadow at the Water's Edge, The Silent Spy, Alibi in Ashes, The Deadly Device (even though I hated many of the puzzles since I'm not a science girl), and Ghost of Thornton Hall!

I've never played the Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon, I probably should since it's highly regarded. :blush:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    grovie2012grovie2012 Posts: 38 Member
    I play Nancy! I have since I was 11, it was my first computer game LOL. I'm having withdraw though. Midnight in Salem needs to come out. I hope it does soon. My favorites are The Ghost of Thronton Hall, Last Train, @ Ashcrash19 it is a great play! I love the hardy boys. Joe is my crush. LOL.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    grovie2012 wrote: »
    I play Nancy! I have since I was 11, it was my first computer game LOL. I'm having withdraw though. Midnight in Salem needs to come out. I hope it does soon. My favorites are The Ghost of Thronton Hall, Last Train, @ Ashcrash19 it is a great play! I love the hardy boys. Joe is my crush. LOL.

I totally forgot that Midnight in Salem comes out sooner rather than later. I was not a fan of the last game on the ship. :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    I haven't played the last two new ones yet. I think I will have to buy them within the next two months. So far my favorite is still Secrets of Shadow Ranch. I think because it was my first ND game, but I can play that one over and over and not get tired of it.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    grovie2012grovie2012 Posts: 38 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    grovie2012 wrote: »

I totally forgot that Midnight in Salem comes out sooner rather than later. I was not a fan of the last game on the ship. :)

Oh gosh. I loved the ship one. First same-sex couple in a nancy drew game I was like go HeR! I'm a big fan. LOL. Wha is your favorite game if I may ask?
  • Options
    FairytalesFairytales Posts: 64 Member
    I think I will check these out. They sound good and I love mysteries:)
    26394146969_b2752af22f_m.jpg