Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Storyteller Group

Comments

• Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    <3
    Story Title: Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May
    Author Name: RachelRosebud
    Story URL: rosebudsims.blogspot.com/
    Brief Description: A neighborhood rotation blog featuring the serial romantic exploits of Scarlet Firecracker. And EA pre-mades.
    Story Avatar: Untitled_zps87345c6d.png

@RachelRosebud, thanks for submitting your story! I got you added to the Shared Stories list now, so please check to make sure the link works as it should ;) Welcome to the Sims 4 Storyteller Group! Feel free to post about any updates to your story, ask other members stuff, and enjoy other stories you're drawn to B)

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    I finally was able to get my latest chapter of Uncertainty Principle posted B)https://enkeli63.wordpress.com/2014/12/03/uncertainty-principle-chapter-14/ I hope you'll enjoy it. Now the story is getting into the thick of things, so there have been four chapters in a row following the events of a single day in the District!
    OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    nastyjman wrote: »
    Hey everyone, wanted to share Chapter 06 of Sisi Aset's story on her pursuit of immortality.

http://sims4thirteenghosts.blogspot.com/2014/12/chapter-six-mothers-bond.html

I'm nearly done with writing the whole story, and I'm aiming to make another one, but as an indirect sequel to this story.

Also, I messed up my attempt regarding sharing my story (I forgot to add an avatar).

Story Title: Sisi Aset's Ascension
    Author Name: Jy-Mhan
    Story URL: http://sims4thirteenghosts.blogspot.com
    Brief Description: Sisi Aset possess the Simcronomicon, a book that tells of a ritual that promises great power or wealth, but Sisi's other self is not keen with the ritual. It's a story tie-in with a challenge I made that consists of thirteen ghosts. Inspired by Lovecraft and the movie, Thirteen Ghosts.
    Story Avatar:
    1YHXH4H.png

@nastyjman, Your description also needs to be 140 characters or less--like a standard Twitter message. I will reserve your spot, but the description will remain pending until you can trim it down from the current 269.

Edit: I messed up the @ notification, but I hope you'll still see this post! I did add your story to the Shared Stories list, but when you have the description ready, please post it here so I can fix up your listing. Plus, I'd like to officially welcome you to the Sims 4 Storyteller Group! I hope you get a lot out of the group. Keep up the good work!

Thanks @enkeli63! I was thinking of word count instead of character count (whoops, again). Sorry about that. Here's the amended description:

Brief Description: Sisi Aset possess the Simcronomicon, a book that contains rituals that promises power. But can she sacrifice her heart for her longevity?
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    @nastyjman, I got your description added now! It's meant to quickly grab a reader's interest and make them click the link to read more, so great job ;)
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    An update to the Drifter story, in which Jack discovers what it feels like to give: Drifter: Giving
    I was reading this one cuz there's so much stuff out here and that particular challenge didn't interest me, but thanks for the incentive to check it out. Now I gotta go back a couple chapters and see what all he was atoning for, lol!

Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    PinkTNT wrote: »
    Does anyone want to do a trade? I check out their Legacy and they check out mine and we both comment on each other's, my blog isn't getting much traffic so i wanted to have someone review it. :smile: reply if interested I'm always free to read other peoples Legacies!
    Hey! Glad to see you're posting in here! (And I almost didn't see it but I notice enkeli63 responding earlier. It's getting crowded in here!) But plese post links to your stuff in here as well as a unique thread out on the broader legacy forum. That'll increase the odds I'll spot it and take the chance to check it out.

Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    Does anyone want to do a trade? I check out their Legacy and they check out mine and we both comment on each other's, my blog isn't getting much traffic so i wanted to have someone review it. :smile: reply if interested I'm always free to read other peoples Legacies!
    Hey! Glad to see you're posting in here! (And I almost didn't see it but I notice enkeli63 responding earlier. It's getting crowded in here!) But plese post links to your stuff in here as well as a unique thread out on the broader legacy forum. That'll increase the odds I'll spot it and take the chance to check it out.

@Bilmonaghan, PinkTNT has a different author name, but the story is listed in the Shared Stories list already. https://awestlegacy.wordpress.com/ Here\s a quick link for you too ;)

OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member

@Bilmonaghan, PinkTNT has a different author name, but the story is listed in the Shared Stories list already. https://awestlegacy.wordpress.com/ Here\s a quick link for you too ;)

Oh cool! I didn't know they were the same person lol. I'll check it out too.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    edited December 2014
    THE FESTIVAL | DAY 3 PARTS I & II | BRYNNA O'MALLEYconcert-park-sims-4-960x380.jpgGhost guitarist Brynna O'Malley has a concert in Magnolia Park.
    But first she has to battle her nerves.
    READ MORE
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member

Hey! Finally got the link to your blog. I had no idea you were that author. Anyways...read through it. It's a good start. I left a little comment. I hope you find it encouraging! There's definitely a lot of potential there...you have some really cool characters. The important thing is that you're writing. Don't quit!
  • Options
    <3
    Story Title: Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May
    Author Name: RachelRosebud
    Story URL: rosebudsims.blogspot.com/
    Brief Description: A neighborhood rotation blog featuring the serial romantic exploits of Scarlet Firecracker. And EA pre-mades.
    Story Avatar: Untitled_zps87345c6d.png
    Finally took time to check your work. Jumped right in at Chapter 32! Nice work! I'll be getting emails when you post, but keep sticking links in here if you don't mind. I usually check here waay before I check my email. lol
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    You RAWK! Turns out it's all ready on my to-check-out list. Heck, I just got around to RachelRosebud's stuff! Don't judge me! lol
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    An update to the Drifter story, in which Jack discovers what it feels like to give: Drifter: Giving

Such a nice update! I love his new attitude (gratitude) on life and how he just floats through it. Yay for 16 published books! That's great news. And Emma...I don't know how he controlled himself. I wouldn't have been able to.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Such a nice update! I love his new attitude (gratitude) on life and how he just floats through it. Yay for 16 published books! That's great news. And Emma...I don't know how he controlled himself. I wouldn't have been able to.

Emma's gorgeous. And she's always throwing herself at him--without really initiating the flirts, just showing up wherever he is, standing really close, looking statuesque and mysterious, and saying brilliant things. He'll talk for hours and hours with her and CathyTea, but he keeps it all cerebral with them. His autonomous flirts have been with full-bodied Sims, preferably married! He really likes this one big, beautiful librarian (she's single, though, so noncomittal him will not get too close).

You know, even though he's already published 16 books, he's only bringing in around 1500-2000 Simoleans a day! How is he ever going to get to Mansion Baron? Others who do this challenge earn around 10,000 a day. @TerryLin says it takes about 8-11 Sim weeks to complete. I think he's just in week 3. (I'm playing long life span.)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    You RAWK! Turns out it's all ready on my to-check-out list. Heck, I just got around to RachelRosebud's stuff! Don't judge me! lol

No judging at all! Goodness, I wish I could post a new chapter of my story each day and I can't do that, let alone read all the stories I want to read! Like you, I have to stick to a list! Often I end up reading multiple chapters of a story at once, then return to it a week later to catch up on all the latest! Otherwise, I would be reading all the time and never writing :p

OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    AkramA wrote: »

Yay! I voted for the winner lol. I know it doesn't mean that sim will be heir :wink:
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • Options
    KingCobblerKingCobbler Posts: 176 Member
    New chapter of The Washington Legacy up here.

Summary: Generation 2. :D
  • Options
    Emma's gorgeous. And she's always throwing herself at him--without really initiating the flirts, just showing up wherever he is, standing really close, looking statuesque and mysterious, and saying brilliant things. He'll talk for hours and hours with her and CathyTea, but he keeps it all cerebral with them. His autonomous flirts have been with full-bodied Sims, preferably married! He really likes this one big, beautiful librarian (she's single, though, so noncomittal him will not get too close).

You know, even though he's already published 16 books, he's only bringing in around 1500-2000 Simoleans a day! How is he ever going to get to Mansion Baron? Others who do this challenge earn around 10,000 a day. @TerryLin says it takes about 8-11 Sim weeks to complete. I think he's just in week 3. (I'm playing long life span.)

Ah...as a bigger woman, it's nice to know that there are Sims out there who are drawn to my type! Heh. But the married thing...eh, I suppose if you're not into commitment, that works best.

Hmmm...I know. Ainsley has probably 18 books published and brings in about 3500 Simoleans a day. It definitely helps, but it's hard to rely on. Especially if a Mansion is the end goal!
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited December 2014
    It is so cool to see you posting in here! I've heard so much great stuff about your stories and your lots. You have great references! lol.
    That is you, right? lol
    I am really looking forward to checking out your stuff. If you were to recommend to a noobie where to start, where would that be?
    I might be asking you if you have certain styles of residential lots to download. I think I'm gonna need some, preferably ones designed for the empty lots of WB and OS.
    @Bilmonaghan Thanks for making me feel so welcome! <3 No, Scarlet is not my Sim Self, lol. (That would be my avatar). Maybe Scarlet is my alter-ego though, heh. My blog/story started on the first day Sims 4 was released, been meandering with that story since then. Jumping in anywhere is OK. I tend to rehash who Sims are for beginner readers (like saying who's child is who's). As for my builds, I have them listed here - and the description has which specific neighborhood lot I placed it in. Thanks for asking! I also checked out your story today during my freetime at work. I left a few comments on your blog as RachelRosebud there, too. :)
    @RachelRosebud, thanks for submitting your story! I got you added to the Shared Stories list now, so please check to make sure the link works as it should ;) Welcome to the Sims 4 Storyteller Group! Feel free to post about any updates to your story, ask other members stuff, and enjoy other stories you're drawn to B)
    @enkeli63 Thank you for welcoming me into your group. This is a fantastic idea. I see I have a lot of new stories to read. I look forward to getting to know everyone :)
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited December 2014

Ah...as a bigger woman, it's nice to know that there are Sims out there who are drawn to my type! Heh. But the married thing...eh, I suppose if you're not into commitment, that works best.

Hmmm...I know. Ainsley has probably 18 books published and brings in about 3500 Simoleans a day. It definitely helps, but it's hard to rely on. Especially if a Mansion is the end goal!

Hello to everyone! :)

We have one simmer who has finished the challenge and I believe she did it in 10-11 sim weeks. (memory not what it used to be :wink: ) My sim David is making around $4,600 dollars in book royalties but he also paints at least 4-5 paintings a day which also adds his earnings another $4,000-$5,000 +. The key is to write at least one book a day and do 4-5 paintings, but I do give him a one day off a week to just have fun around town. Now in the 9th week he has $246,000 saved. I also forgot he is now making furniture and selling it to! It can be done but boy is it work! ;)
    He has earned both his girlfriend (be his wife when this challenge is over) and his mansion that's for sure! :)

As to the royalties, you have to keep writing them because the royalties for a book only pay for so long and it goes down then is done. So you have to keep writing to get ahead and keep the royalties up. :)

Note: David has maxed out both painting and writing which gets you higher pay. Only a 6 in handiness so far but getting there!

Happy Simming! :)

edit silly messed up quotes :p
  • Options
    @TerryLin Wow! That's a lot of work! Thanks for the tip about painting. Jack hasn't started painting yet, but I think he's ready for new creative activity. I finally let him have a day off to socialize and throw a party for all his new friends, and man, was he happy! All work and no play... well, you know we don't want a "Here's Johnny!"

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    ... No, Scarlet is not my Sim Self, lol. (That would be my avatar). ... Jumping in anywhere is OK.
    LOL! I meant "that's you with the stellar reputation?" not "that's you in the avatar?" I've since double-checked your references and it is you and I've since checked out your story and your "realty listings" and if it wasn't you, it should've been. Nice work. All around.
    I tend to rehash who Sims are for beginner readers (like saying who's child is who's).
    That is a good idea.
    As for my builds, I have them listed here - and the description has which specific neighborhood lot I placed it in.
    Been there. Great stuff, mostly OS which is cool for me cuz I haven't really haven't touched my OS yet. That you specify the lot each design is for is particularly helpful and something I hoped for but didn't expect. (Tips hat)
    I left a few comments on your blog
    Aw! Thanks! (I'm assuming. lol!)

ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    edited December 2014
    Well, I have actually been following your legacy from the first time you wrote it, I've read all of them, it's a very good start.
    Rivie wrote: »
    AkramA wrote: »
    Yay! I voted for the winner lol. I know it doesn't mean that sim will be heir :wink:

Okay, finally I know 1 person who voted for mike but where's the other 8 people?
    THE FESTIVAL | DAY 3 PARTS I & II | BRYNNA O'MALLEYGhost guitarist Brynna O'Malley has a concert in Magnolia Park.
    But first she has to battle her nerves.
    READ MORE

Oh gosh, I love all those festival chapter, agh, just love it!
    Post edited by AkramA on
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    So many stories to read through! I think the charm of legacy is that you can read in a latter chapter and get acquainted with the characters. You can still feel their personalities, but if you wanted to get to know them deeply, you can work backwards.

I've never played a legacy challenge before. As you can tell, I have a penchant for... ghastly things. But I do want to try one in the future, maybe with normal or short lifespan because I'm a masochist.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    nastyjman wrote: »
    I've never played a legacy challenge before. But I do want to try one in the future, maybe with normal or short lifespan because I'm a masochist.

Strict Pinstar rules are for normal lifespan. It gets to be one endless cycle of births, birthdays, courtship, babies, death. By gen 5, I start feeling a little like Time itself.