Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think Origin will ever offer a Sims 3 Ultimate Edition

With every ep and sp that came out?

The reason I ask is because they now have TS2 Ultimate Edition.

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    From my understanding, they don't have it available any more. EA gave it away for a limited time because they were removing the individual games from Origin.

I hope if EA removes TS3 from Origin they will offer the Simmers who bought the games as DL will get it packaged the same way. :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    From my understanding, they don't have it available any more. EA gave it away for a limited time because they were removing the individual games from Origin.

I hope if EA removes TS3 from Origin they will offer the Simmers who bought the games as DL will get it packaged the same way. :)

Well in that case then I'm glad I snatched up TS2 Ultimate because there were a few stuff packs I didn't buy and I got them all on Ultimate plus it's a lot quicker to just go to origin and load TS2.

I still have my TS2 disc. I'll keep them. You never know Origin may shut down one day and then we'll need the disc again.

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I hope so! But that would take days to download with all the store content, EP's/SP's etc...
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    maybe when sims 5 comes out

right now the sims 3 expansions are still $20
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Well, the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection did not come with the store content (yes, Sims 2 had a store, it wasn't very successful as I recall). I would assume a Sims 3 Ultimate Collection would also not include store content.

Hopefully they release a Sims 3 Store Bundle when they go to pull the Sims 3 Store down.

As for timing, baddazoner is probably right, if they give it away for free. If they decide to go the buy route, it could happen in the next year or so. They won't want to ruin any potential sales for the first few EP's of TS4.
  • Options
    Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    I think they might, someday.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Well, the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection did not come with the store content (yes, Sims 2 had a store, it wasn't very successful as I recall). I would assume a Sims 3 Ultimate Collection would also not include store content.

Hopefully they release a Sims 3 Store Bundle when they go to pull the Sims 3 Store down.

As for timing, baddazoner is probably right, if they give it away for free. If they decide to go the buy route, it could happen in the next year or so. They won't want to ruin any potential sales for the first few EP's of TS4.

This.
    You wouldn't get store stuff with TS3 with the possible exception of the worlds that were sold some made it to retail. Monte Vista,Hidden Springs and Barnacle Bay may come with the ultimate set.

• Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    When they take down the sims3 store, I hope they give us freebies!. That would be a nice gesture. :)
  • Options
    Sophia666Sophia666 Posts: 427 Member
    I personally don't think that a Sims 3 ultimate edition is very likely, at least not in the foreseeable future. EA make a lot of money from the Sims 3 and particularly with the thoughts surrounding Sims 4 they wouldn't want to miss out on valuable sales. The Sims 2 ultimate edition was released 2 games later in the series, so we probably won't see it until The Sims 5 (if there is one) at the earliest.

Maybe it will happen, but Sims 3 is such a big game, it would be impressive.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited October 2014
    I wouldn't need it but I'd love a store content pack :P

but I agree with the above user, they're still making lots of money from it. TS4 is still fairly new, I don't know why people keep asking if people are moving on from TS3 yet, it hasn't been that long yet lol.
    --

When sims 2 ultimate collection was offered, I only asked for it because my games were stuck on the slow laggy laptop. I was only missing the holiday stuff pack.. so now I own it twice digitally lol.

[just to clarify I do own all TS3 apart from katy perry sweet treats.. which I don't necessarily want other than to complete my collection]
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Only after you've bought every EP and SP! Alot of other simmers have everything and spent thousands of dollars on TS3. To offer it for free, could lead to an angry mob - with pictchforks and torches - outside of their office!

I myself, am missing 3 EP and don't have any of the SP.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    CurlCurl Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hello everyone!

NOTE:
    If you disagree with this, DO NOT COMMENT. That just spams the discussion because this is not a discussion about whenever or not it will be good. This is only for people who AGREES with the idea, thank you. :)

So, recently I've been given my[b] Sims 2 Ultimate Collection pack[/b] from Origin. While I was adding Sim State University in Riverblossom Hills, I thought to myself: "Wouldn't be cool to have a Sims 3 Ultimate Pack?" in my opinion, I think it would be amazing. Every Simmer, or a stranger to EA would know about the lovely Sims 4 getting crammed and comfortable into multiple computers as we speak.

But, the fame of Sims 3 is slowly decreasing, of course. Today, I spoke to an EA Adviser, and I asked him "Wouldn't it be nice to have all the packs of the Sims 3 in one disk/download?" He completely agreed to it. He told me I can post about it and try to get my idea to be noticed. In addition, if I can get not only enough people to notice, but also the EA special developers to notice, we might have a Sims 3 ultimate pack in our hands! But I really need your help.
    Of course, I would love for EA to give it to us for free, but that doesn't seem like it'll happen. But maybe if we push it, we can get it! And if we can't, maybe a cheap disk/download of it.
    ** Yeah, it literally took 6 years to finally include Sims 2 UC, but who knows, maybe the quicker the signs, the quicker we'll get it.

~ The Ultimate Collection pack should contain all Expansion Packs, Stuff packs, and maybe store content too.
    NOTE: The format could be similar to how you install Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, just copy your old TS3 files and paste it in the new Ultimate Collection game.
    I personally think that it should come when the Store, and TS3 website closes, because we simmers know it'll come to an end like The Sims 1 and 2.
    PROS:
    ~ All of the Expansion packs & Stuff packs in one download/disk
    ~Saves Money
    ~Keeps the popularity of Sims 3 going
    CONS:
    - Might be longer than expected
    "They will close the Sims 3 store." Regardless if there's a pack or not, 9 times out of 10 they'll end the site while Sims 4 continues to advance.

[b]Instructions:[/b]

All you have to do is to post here saying you want it and a small,[b] or[/b] large explanation on why it would be good and share it to your friends! This will work!

~10 Signatures.
    Post edited by Curl on
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    defently be nice... especially if it cantaiend all store and exclusive items (likethe origin, limited, preeorder, dr pepper and more)

they could as a start make it awailbel for "free" if you own all the EP's and SP's and x procentage of the store....
    later they could do like with sims2 and make it free for all on origin for a period. (thats how I got sims2 complete)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    It would be cool, yeah, but they released Sims 2 Ultimate for free about six years after it ended. Don't hold your breath because you'll need air in the five (or more) years it will take.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    > @InfraGreen said:
    > It would be cool, yeah, but they released Sims 2 Ultimate for free about six years after it ended. Don't hold your breath because you'll need air in the five (or more) years it will take.
    Yeah, I meant to point that out. Maybe because it didn't have much attention? I think the more attention, the quicker. Thanks for signing!
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    It would be cool, yeah, but they released Sims 2 Ultimate for free about six years after it ended. Don't hold your breath because you'll need air in the five (or more) years it will take.

true.. and if it means ending the sims3 site... then they don't need to hurry...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    peno11peno11 Posts: 192 Member
    I agree it would be nice to have Ultimate or Complete Edition, but how exactly it would work and what all it would contain? They didn't release as much content for the new SimCity, yet even its Complete Edition wasn't totally complete, as it didn't contain the exclusive content for Cities of Tommorow Limited Edition. Who would decide what exclusive or bonus content would be included and what would not? And what with people who already have that content? I personally have all EPs except Pets (since it was the first LE EP and I didn't know there was one) and Supernatural (as I wasn't fan of supernatural Sims before, but turned out I loved it and miss the Pea Shooter), so what content from LEs I would get and what I wouldn't? And what about store content? As much as I hate to admit it now, we all know it's just matter of time before thesims3.com website, including the Store, would be closed. What would happen with Store content? Would it be lost if you will not back it up before? Or will the Ultimate edition have all of it contained, even the things I didn't have before? Those are questions that just popped in my mind when I saw this thread.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    > @peno11 said:
    > I agree it would be nice to have Ultimate or Complete Edition, but how exactly it would work and what all it would contain? They didn't release as much content for the new SimCity, yet even its Complete Edition wasn't totally complete, as it didn't contain the exclusive content for Cities of Tommorow Limited Edition. Who would decide what exclusive or bonus content would be included and what would not? And what with people who already have that content? I personally have all EPs except Pets (since it was the first LE EP and I didn't know there was one) and Supernatural (as I wasn't fan of supernatural Sims before, but turned out I loved it and miss the Pea Shooter), so what content from LEs I would get and what I wouldn't? And what about store content? As much as I hate to admit it now, we all know it's just matter of time before thesims3.com website, including the Store, would be closed. What would happen with Store content? Would it be lost if you will not back it up before? Or will the Ultimate edition have all of it contained, even the things I didn't have before? Those are questions that just popped in my mind when I saw this thread.

Exactly. I totally dodged that explanation, thanks for helping me make this better. Appreciate it. Although, this is a petition. I'm resting the installation instruction in EA hands if they actually decide to. In Sims 2 UC, it doesn't matter if you had all EPs before you installed it. You just have to paste your previous game file into the new file.
  • Options
    babygirl74081babygirl74081 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2015
    This is a fantastic idea! EA most definitely should give us simmers a Sims 3 ultimate collection. Just like they did the Sims 2 ultimate collection. This gets a "thumbs up" from me. :D
  • Options
    RuthyBananaRuthyBanana Posts: 335 Member
    I have all of the expansion packs already, but none of the stuff packs. I can see how this could be an appealing idea for some. I don't want the Store to close though. Seems like such a waste, If they decided to include all the store content in a collection I think I would buy it - for the worlds alone! It just seems so unlikely though. So yeah I'd sign up for some o' that :D
    tumblr_n3knr0AooC1sbvx0oo1_400.gif
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    This would be a great idea and I wouldn't mind getting store content with it.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited June 2015
    It's a good idea! There are still a few expansion packs I don't have, and everything in one thing...But I hope all the store content will be included too.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    My laptop will explode running all content
  • Options
    trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    I think it would be an incredible idea to have all the EPs and SPs in one, yeah. I hope they never close the store, though, because there will always be customers who suddenly want something.

You're right--it's not likely that they'd make it free, but a significant discount would be so nice. Another thing they could do is sell all the store worlds in one bundle, too (a separate bundle, but yeah). I really wouldn't want the store content included, though, because that's way too much stuff to install XD.

Also, it could have a pretty cover and be a nice collector's item!

Good luck with everything, OP!
  • Options
    lyyrasimmerlyyrasimmer Posts: 6 New Member
    Nobody even uses sims3store anyway to be honest. I even did the maths and worked out that it *might* happen in 4 years (10 years after release, like ts2 last year)