Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Three Little Sims Challenge

Comments

• Options
    SimslikeeeSimslikeee Posts: 188 Member
    Started this challenge, and having a lot of fun with it! Wish I could post some pics, but my print screen doesn't want to work with the game. Pictures are blank when I paste into Paint.
    a89288ef-cb73-4b64-b739-a5fc56944e13.jpg

Bring back realistic babies and toddlers!
    Check out my blog for my simming adventures!
    http://www.irishsimmer.wordpress.com
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Simslikee I wonder if it has something to do with file type compatibility with Paint. The screenshots are saved at .png. Rather than use the Printscreen key, try just clicking "C" in game. All the screenshots will be saved in your Screenshot folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 > Screenshots), and they're all .png.

I'm not sure if Paint can handle .png (doen't it just work with .bmp, .jpg, and .gif? not sure). But you can upload them from your computer to a blog or one of those image-hosting sites online, and then link to them from there...
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    SimslikeeeSimslikeee Posts: 188 Member
    I wanted to use their gallery pics, rather than a screenshot in game. Is there any other way of saving them other than print screen?
    a89288ef-cb73-4b64-b739-a5fc56944e13.jpg

Bring back realistic babies and toddlers!
    Check out my blog for my simming adventures!
    http://www.irishsimmer.wordpress.com
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited January 2015
    If you use paint, you can hit print screen and then paste into the paint program.

Here is what I do: I open my Sims game, and go to my gallery/library or whatever it is called. Then bring the Sim into CAS. If my Sim is in the game, then I have them use a dresser to get to CAS. At that point you can either hit print screen OR you can hit C and it will take a picture of your Sim. If you hit C, the picture is stored in documents/electronic arts/The Sims 4/screenshots. From there you can save it into whatever program you use for pictures.

If you hit print screen, then you hit the windows key or just stay in game (I do this while in full screen window mode), open paint, ctrl+v to paste. You will now see the picture there. Now, you crop and size it to fit whatever size you want( I usually crop it from their shoulders up to the top of their head and then size it to 512x 512 or whatever size you want but if you use 512x512 make sure you change it to pixels and you can either unclick aspect ratio or leave it alone. Choice is yours. I usually leave it be. You can then save it in your pictures as a png or jepeg. I would suggest saving it as a jpeg since most photo programs want that. Then you can put it on here or you can save it to whatever photo site you use. I use photobucket and then from there I put the picture on here. Hope this helps.

Edited to add: Oh and you will need more posts and likes to be able to post pictures on here as a new member. But while you are doing that you can be taking shots of your Sims to post on here when you get enough.
  • Options
    ALlewelynJonesALlewelynJones Posts: 61 Member
    I started this on my youtube channel in September! But I added an extra Sim to have 4 little sims since it's the sims 4!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BocKYOrUQMA&list=PLM6a2xyOGSfQBzRJHTbM0x1DBIWG_bou1
    I find it hard to tally the money so I only count the money the earn from their jobs and take away money for the objects I buy them, I don't count food, that would be mental! The bills are ridiculous though! hah.
    I also find it quite hard to get anything done because of all their jobs (it would be easier if I wasn't doing it as a lets play because then I wouldn't have to make it interesting for others too) There has been some fires, arguments, passing out though.
    =] Glad you typed this up because I totally forgot, don't think I shared my sims or houses either, but if I did I will hash tag and link here!
    Join me for fun on my YouTube Channel where I create Let's Plays, CAS and build videos.
    Other games may appear from time to time to!

https://www.youtube.com/user/CalienteLlama

• Options
    MissJennaRMissJennaR Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm going to start this right now!! I like the idea of the legacy challenge, but it takes soooo long. This looks like fun!!
  • Options
    Here's the house!!
  • Options
    My links don't show up :(
  • Options
    cefthycefthy Posts: 45 Member
    > @MissJennaR said:
    > My links don't show up :(

It's probably because you're a 'new member' and not a member. Once you reach member status (I don't know exactly how off the top of my head), you can post pictures.
    “If there's one thing I've learned, it's this: We all want everything to be okay. We don't even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.”
    ― David Levithan
  • Options
    Thursday10pmThursday10pm Posts: 193 Member
    This looks like fun @cefthy. Off to randomise some sims for myself :D
  • Options
    midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    I'm loving the challenge so far! I can't post pics yet as I'm a new member, but will ASAP. I downloaded a lot on the gallery with the hashtag threelittlesims, and literally spent every last Simoleon so I didn't waste anything. I have a hotheaded female doctor, an aspiring female chef, and a hapless writer guy who has both girls interested in him romantically. This should be fun!
  • Options
    NyixNyix Posts: 32 Member
    This is exactly the type of challenge I have been looking for! I created a trailer and two mobile homes for my simmies. I have an edgy geek, a neat obsessed comedian and a lusty musician. So far there have been 4 fires, three of them caused by Rayne (she's the musician). I thought we were going to loose her a couple times. Dax (he's the comedian) spends most of his free time cleaning the homes. Whereas Kaila (she's the geek) spends most of her time playing video games. It's been a lot of fun so far.
  • Options
    MonaLisaJonesMonaLisaJones Posts: 126 Member
    Hi guys! This challenge was SO much fun in TS3 and really REALLY was a challenge to keep your other two sims in line on the days you weren't controlling them. I decided to start again in TS4, but one thing I've found is in TS4, the sims do SO well at keeping themselves alive and their needs met (sound like famous last words? probably! Now I've jinxed it!) so I'm going to start a FIVE little sims challenge on my newer laptop and I'm doing this Three little sims test run on my older laptop with no CC. We'll see which group fares better! I'll share pics as I can!

I did upload my lot on my gallery for the three little sims challenge if anyone would like to use it. It has identical essentials for three sims, plus if you place it on a 2ksimolean lot, there will be 3k simoleans leftover to buy skill building or special items for each of your sims lifetime wish. Here are a few pics:

05-25-15_9-09nbspPM_zps07ifthx5.png

05-25-15_9-10nbspPM_zpsn4xd6x9b.png

05-25-15_9-11nbspPM-2_zpsgtbazvnx.png

Have fun!! <3
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    This is one of the challenges on my next-to-play list! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Solar_CatSolar_Cat Posts: 104 Member
    Oooh this challenge looks like fun! I love the townhome/community style living too. *adds this to her challenges list*
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fuuuurrrr....

Stella Terrano's Legacy:
    www.terranolegacy.blogspot.com
    Plum It!: An ISBI Challenge:
    www.plumitisbi.blogspot.com

Origin ID: SolarCat85
  • Options
    1Dugawinduncan1Dugawinduncan Posts: 48 Member
    edited July 2015
    ((deleted))
    Post edited by 1Dugawinduncan on
  • Options
    SexyzenpieSexyzenpie Posts: 2 New Member
    This challenge looks fun! I'm going to start it tomorrow I think.
  • Options
    klaipiniklaipini Posts: 88 Member
    It sound really fun! I will play it when I will finish one of the challenges that I am doing now!
    @cefthy You wrote that each house could have a bookshelf but no other skill builders. Can I buy them with the money that they earn?
  • Options
    SexyzenpieSexyzenpie Posts: 2 New Member
    So i started this challenge today, it's so much fun so far! I'd post pictures of my sims but i can't yet
  • Options
    klaipiniklaipini Posts: 88 Member
    Just started the challenge! I have two girls and one boy!
    http://i.imgur.com/XysY5fG.png
    This is Patricia Keene. She is a foodie, outgoing and self-assured sim. She got a job in the buisness career.
    http://i.imgur.com/W5YcX7y.jpg
    This is Nick Clifford. He is a music lover, foodie and bro sim. He got a job in the culinary career.
    http://i.imgur.com/uyfQgTY.jpg
    And this is Cheryl Block. She is a neat, music lover and outgoing sim. She got a job in the entertainer career.
    I just now saw how the traits are repeating, but I'll go with it!:D
  • Options
    cefthycefthy Posts: 45 Member
    klaipini wrote: »
    @cefthy You wrote that each house could have a bookshelf but no other skill builders. Can I buy them with the money that they earn?
    Yes you can. That rule only applies to the beginning of the challenge.
    “If there's one thing I've learned, it's this: We all want everything to be okay. We don't even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.”
    ― David Levithan
  • Options
    Sparky92Sparky92 Posts: 2 New Member
    Well I just started the challenge.. I must say it got up to a absolute terrible start to say the least... I decided to make a small double story that is where i went wrong... They use the same bathroom for now. I can't post the pictures because you need to be a member to post pictures. I made an alien too :blush: I can't wait to show you guys
  • Options
    xoxJennxoxxoxJennxox Posts: 406 Member
    I loved this challenge for Sims 3, so I am happy to see one for Sims 4. I got started on this the other day and Week 1 is completed.
    Things got out of hand quickly and the lot now has 7 sims and one incoming.
    Origin ID xoxJennxox
    Jenn's Junkyard - Current Stuff
    Tart ISBI -Completed 12/12/2016
  • Options
    missSunshine88missSunshine88 Posts: 7 New Member
    This challenge seems really fun! But, could you maybe update this to go along with the expansion/game packs? I just want to know if you're allowed to go to work with them, can they own a store, can they all go camping, etc.? Please and thank you
    I'd appreciate it
    @cefthy
  • Options
    UnknownPrincessUnknownPrincess Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm going to try out this challenge I feel like the winner should be the founder of a legacy challenge I plan to do in the future. I will update people on the progress. Bit first the longest but. Cas!!!!