Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Origin no longer offering The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
edited October 2014 in The Sims (2000)
I wanted to download it on another pc but it's no longer available. For some reason it doesn't show in my games even though I downloaded it before so I search the site for Sims 2 ultimate collection and it says no results.

I may have to transfer it to a flash card from the other pc then to this pc.

Sorry didn't know were to post this as the Sims Retro Forums have been removed from this site.

Comments

• Options
    ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    Really?! Well 🐸🐸🐸🐸, because I uninstalled it from my computer thinking it'd still be on my Origin...
    Oh well.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2014
    are you saying you opened origin launcher and under my games there is no sims 2 UC? confirm no gamers are hidden.

unfortunately transferring programming files isnt recommended
  • Options
    Could be a glitch on Origin's site though.
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    are you saying you opened origin launcher and under my games there is no sims 2 UC?

Yes.

• Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Do you own TS2? If so,

pirate_troll_by_paulabrams-d4d4qkz.jpg
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    I wanted to download it on another pc but it's no longer available. For some reason it doesn't show in my games even though I downloaded it before so I search the site for Sims 2 ultimate collection and it says no results.

Sorry didn't know were to post this as the Sims Retro Forums have been removed from this site.

I'd try calling Origin support if a game you purchased isn't showing in Origin. Nothing against the people here, but you probably won't get a lot of helpful information from this place. :)
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    Could be a glitch on Origin's site though.

ok, well it could be a glitch with your my games not necessarily origin. im at home sick let me have a looksee i never added sims 2 UC to my laptop
  • Options
    Xx_LumiNati_xXXx_LumiNati_xX Posts: 105 Member
    The Ultimate Collection was only available for a short time to download because the original was no longer being supported. The chance to download it ended before TS4 came out. Although, I noticed in Origin that the Sims 2 Store Edition is available for download.
    14948075703_d5801b1c42_o.gif
  • Options
    Why though does it not show up in their search feature?
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited October 2014
    It's still showing on mine, and I don't have it installed on this computer. I would contact EA Support and tell them it's missing. They have the ability to go through your purchases and reinstate one if they need to. Also, this may sound silly, but are you sure YOU'RE logged in? EDIT - Don't forget to check Hidden Games, just in case. I actually just noticed one of mine was missing. It was hidden.

2014-10-21_11-05-12_zps9bbcff90.jpg
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    yea i too still have the option to DL the game
    2itgepl.png

so the first thing to try at origin my games make sure all games are appearing. if it doesnt show up you may need to reinstall origin
  • Options
    I'm logged in. Going to try uninstalling origin and reinstalling on said computer. It does have all the latest origin updates though.
  • Options
    The Ultimate Collection was only available for a short time to download because the original was no longer being supported. The chance to download it ended before TS4 came out. Although, I noticed in Origin that the Sims 2 Store Edition is available for download.
    agree, for a short period of time we were able to activate our free copy, once activated though the game is like any other game we own meaning you will continue to have access to it.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    I just check My Games on Origin and mine is still there. I would call them so they can get it fixed for you. It might be just a glitch with your My Games. I am sure that your Origin is up to date so that shouldn't be the issue. I have read that if you have TS2 game you can call and tell them the code and they will make TS2UC available to you.
  • Options
    I'm logged in. Going to try uninstalling origin and reinstalling on said computer. It does have all the latest origin updates though.

not a waste to reinstall origin only because from past experience Ea wouldnt help me until i did this step with a missing DL for an ep
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/
  • Options

not a waste to reinstall origin only because from past experience Ea wouldnt help me until i did this step with a missing DL for an ep
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/

*nodding emphatically* They are sticklers for this one.

• Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited October 2014
    @catloverplayer
    You really should contact CS if it completely disappeared from your Origin Library .
    I never knew that could happen.
    You really checked "unhide games" ? 0.0
    I uninstalled ALL my games and Origin, but had no problems re-downloading later (took about 10 or 20 min)
    I only use it to save hassle of using the discs I already had.
    (had them ALL, bought retail but oh well...)

If you had any of Sims 2 before, as discs or digital, they should also give you because of that.
    Also, IF need be, attach images /screenshots as proof, when dealing with EA CS.
    Because only free offer had a "timer" .
    Those that had discs, even just one, only need proof ...
  • Options
    Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member

EA removed it because it was out-competing sims 4.
  • Options
    agree, for a short period of time we were able to activate our free copy, once activated though the game is like any other game we own meaning you will continue to have access to it.

Even then, some of us just had the game show up one day. There was no activating. It's still there for me.

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Asuka7794 wrote: »

Try again, Asuka. It's still in my My Games, ready for me to download. Stop being such a brat.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »

Even then, some of us just had the game show up one day. There was no activating. It's still there for me.

yea i dont really remember what i had to do either but maybe you were like me and bought some EPs as digital, all i can recall is the UC was released because they had to make changes so origin could continue to support it. perhaps it was automatic for those that had digital copy of the game.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

Try again, Asuka. It's still in my My Games, ready for me to download. Stop being such a brat.

Their mother wont put up with it so we have to!! ;)

• Options
    edited October 2014
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »

yea i dont really remember what i had to do either but maybe you were like me and bought some EPs as digital, all i can recall is the UC was released because they had to make changes so origin could continue to support it. perhaps it was automatic for those that had digital copy of the game.

It was funny, because literally the day it showed up on my Origin, I was getting ready to order physical copies of the game off ebay. I needed to reinstall Windows on my PC, but knew they'd stopped supporting online copies of the game. Learned that with Castaway Stories. When I Googled TS2 Complete, I came across the thread for it and checked my Origin, and sure enough...it was there, and it hadn't been the day before.

• Options
    Uninstalling and reinstalling worked. Now it's downloading but has been stuck at 0% for 10 minutes.
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

lol I bet TS2: UC's numbers beat TS4's, though.