Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEED To Be Able To Turn Whole Lot

I have gone through a lot of discussions, and even started one of my own, about lots ending up backwards. The only fixes I get from anyone addresses how to turn the house and anything attached to it, but the landscaping that the creators spend so much time on does not move and so there is no room to just turn the house.

You guys need to come up with a way to turn an entire lot around like we used to do. Nothing else will work for all these well landscaped lots.

Comments

• Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I agree. Sometimes I find some really cool lots on the Gallery but their landscaping (AND INDOOR FOUNTAINS) don't carry when I rotate the lot.

It's far too annoying to go back and redo the things that didn't carry over.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    Agreed this has happened to me several times and I've just had to re do the landscape how I like it as I can never repeat what they did
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    Absolutely agree!
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    I saw in the build trailer "Entire buildings can even be rotated at once" Well they cannot
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I don't think the game will ever support turning rotating 1x10, 5x20, 10x30 and such lots.
    Sorry about that.
  • Options
    BiasedLibraBiasedLibra Posts: 200 Member
    cale2003 wrote: »
    I saw in the build trailer "Entire buildings can even be rotated at once" Well they cannot

Buildings can be rotated, it's the stuff on the outside of buildings that doesn't rotate.
  • Options
    Dragonrose69Dragonrose69 Posts: 748 Member
    I tried rotating a house I built in the game the other day and only part of the house rotated not the whole building. It really messed up the house to, removed rooms and changed the shape. I did get it fixed but I thought it did the whole building as well.
  • Options
    HessethRanHessethRan Posts: 1,522 Member
    Sims 3 had this feature, so I don't understand why it was taken out. I learned the hard way to let lots sit for a couple of days and look at them again with fresh eyes before I start the landscaping. Landscaping is already awkward with moveobjects on only being available as a mod, which causes objects to disappear sometimes when you paint unrelated sections of the lot, so having to redo it from scratch is pretty painful.

I also can't figure out how to custom-set the front of a lot, but I suspect it's just not possible.
    My Origin ID: RoseElsing
  • Options
    RavensHrtRavensHrt Posts: 155 Member
    If this helps, one lot I had needed turning and wouldn't so I placed a fence around the entire lot and was able to then turn the entire lot by clicking it. Be sure to click up to the highest level of your lot, then choose move. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure what would.
    RavensHrt Gallery Link

My Sims 4 Games Owned
    ravenshrt_gamepack_zpscyv4apsz.png
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    I have gone through a lot of discussions, and even started one of my own, about lots ending up backwards. The only fixes I get from anyone addresses how to turn the house and anything attached to it, but the landscaping that the creators spend so much time on does not move and so there is no room to just turn the house.

You guys need to come up with a way to turn an entire lot around like we used to do. Nothing else will work for all these well landscaped lots.

It is very necessary!!!
  • Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    I've ran into backwards lots SO many times...so I 100% AGREE. We need a way to turn the whole lot...It would be nice to be able to turn it sideways too! As some homes are built long instead of deep. Ya know?
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Options
    xvkiweevxxvkiweevx Posts: 470 Member
    Also agree 100%, so many houses I've bulldozed because of this.
  • Options
    siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    Bulldoze the lot, turn the world so you are looking at the front of the lot and place the lot down that you wanted. I've done this a couple of times. It works.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I brought up this issue with SimGuruGoopy in yesterday's Ask a SimGuru thread. He said he'd pass it along to the team. I find it annoying that while we can rotate the whole house, we can't rotate the landscaping, fencing, etc. It would be much easier if we had arrows to rotate the lot prior to placement like in Sims 3.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    siminsc wrote: »
    Bulldoze the lot, turn the world so you are looking at the front of the lot and place the lot down that you wanted. I've done this a couple of times. It works.
    Could you please explain to me in detail how you got this to work? I have a house saved from the Gallery to my Library. It always places backwards on the lot. I placed it, bulldozed it, rotated the camera so that I'm facing the street, then exited to map view. Went back to my library to place the lot again. Same result. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong. I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    YES.

I would also like if I could move smaller houses that don't use all the area of a lot to a smaller lot. Like, if the game considered only what is placed in the lot as the "area" of it.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I agree, we need to be able to rotate and move the whole house,
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I have the same issue. I downloaded a community lot from the gallery and wasn't able to turn the building facing the road. I hope they will fix this issue.

• Options
    natashaspy55natashaspy55 Posts: 130 Member
    Thank you ALL for adding to my issue. I think the longer this thread gets and the more posts the more likely they are to pay attention so I am truly grateful to all of you for your post.

JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    I don't think the game will ever support turning rotating 1x10, 5x20, 10x30 and such lots.
    Sorry about that.

Do you have some inside info, @JoxerTM22? What's your source. Sorry, I'm a bit shy of rumors because we were never going to have pools again, etc. You know what I mean.

Nik24X7 wrote: »
    I brought up this issue with SimGuruGoopy in yesterday's Ask a SimGuru thread. He said he'd pass it along to the team. I find it annoying that while we can rotate the whole house, we can't rotate the landscaping, fencing, etc. It would be much easier if we had arrows to rotate the lot prior to placement like in Sims 3.

Thanks, @Nik24X7. I really appreciate you taking that initiative for all of us.

RavensHrt wrote: »
    If this helps, one lot I had needed turning and wouldn't so I placed a fence around the entire lot and was able to then turn the entire lot by clicking it. Be sure to click up to the highest level of your lot, then choose move. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure what would.

@RavenHrt, was this with the -- not sure what to call it -- "wall" type fence rather than the one that just runs along the ground? That would make sense since it will pick up anything it sees as a structure and the wall fence, that looks like a room, would be something you could use. Thanks for that, this could really work until they fix the problem.

siminsc wrote: »

@siminsc, can't tell you how many times I did this and it never changed a thing. The lot would still go down however it wanted. I turned the lot every which way from Sunday and it would still always land the same. And that is not one lot, as you all know. It's ever lot that just lands wonky.

It is truly amazingly intricate they got lot turning in the last couple of expansion packs on The Sims 3. Remember the thing with all the arrows so you could place the lot just so? I can't imagine they would give us that much detail and then decide not to do it for The Sims 4. I'm going to remain an optimist and just believe it's a glitch they will fix.

Keep on posting so this stays near the top and they notice us.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Tried again last night. If I build the wall fence around the entire lot I can actually turn it but then you have to either build steps to get up on that bit of foundation under the fence or you have to try to delete bits of it, which turned out to be tricky. But the lot did turn however frustrating this whole process is.

PLEASE FIX THIS BIG, AND VERY FRUSTRATING, PROBLEM!!!!

• Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    I don't know if it's possible while creating a new lot from the ground up, but it's definitely possible if your lot is from the gallery.
    I can't go into details on how to get there because I haven't played in a while, but I've rotated a house on two occasions.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I mentioned this to Simguru John today and this is what he said

SimGuruJohn
    SIMGURU
    6:08PM
    catloverplayer wrote: »
    Hi since the last patch add to active family no longer shows with testing cheats.

Also some lots both community and residential you download can't be turned to face the road.

SimguruJohn
    Thanks for this feedback; it's noted and I will follow up with the appropriate folks!
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    yes!! I just was saying this the other day. I can't even use any house from the gallery because when i place it, it faces the wrong way, you turn it and not everything turns and then things inside the house disappears. its a huge pain.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know if it's possible while creating a new lot from the ground up, but it's definitely possible if your lot is from the gallery.
    I can't go into details on how to get there because I haven't played in a while, but I've rotated a house on two occasions.

@SmokeyBearz: We all aren't talking about rotating a house. It's about rotating a whole lot that is filled with objects and landscaping that take the creators so much time. We want to be able to rotate an entire lot.

I mentioned this to Simguru John today and this is what he said

SimGuruJohn
    SIMGURU
    6:08PM
    catloverplayer wrote: »
    Hi since the last patch add to active family no longer shows with testing cheats.

Also some lots both community and residential you download can't be turned to face the road.

SimguruJohn
    Thanks for this feedback; it's noted and I will follow up with the appropriate folks!

@catloverplayer: So nice of you to follow through on this. Really appreciate you taking the time for all of us.

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I'll chime in. I don't use the gallery, but my own houses will place backwards if I put them on a lot other than the one they were originally built on.

They seriously need to offer a 180 degree rotate LOT option.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5