Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Product code has already been used?

I uninstalled Origin because it wouldn't let me go online on the Sims, and after I reinstalled it, I logged into my Origin account but the Sims 4 wasn't in the My Games tab. I clicked Reload games but it didn't work.
Then I tried putting the disc back in and re-installing the game, but when I entered my product code it said it had already been used.

Please help me, I have no idea what to do, will I have to buy the game again? :(

Comments

• Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Have you contacted EA/Origin's technical support?

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=the-sims-4

Phone support number: 1 (866) 543-5435
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    26lor26lor Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes, and now I'm waiting for the live chat with an ea game advisor. It says I'll have to wait between 30-35 minutes
  • Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited October 2014
    Hopefully you've already gotten to talk to EA, but I just wanted you to know you aren't alone: This has happened to me before - somehow the Origin servers get messed up and some of your games disappear. It's been years now and I don't remember the fix, but I do know I had to contact EA. You haven't lost the game, it's just not appearing on your end.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    JessicaaACJessicaaAC Posts: 1 New Member
    how did you get on? i dowloaded and installed it on origin like over a month ago when i bought the game on release day, let my friend go on the game on my origin account while i went away on holiday for two weeks and come back and it isnt in my library anymore so i go to activate the game again and it says the product code is already been redeemed! it cost me £45 im not going to by the game again! not sure how to get around this
  • Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited October 2014
    JessicaaAC wrote: »
    how did you get on? i dowloaded and installed it on origin like over a month ago when i bought the game on release day, let my friend go on the game on my origin account while i went away on holiday for two weeks and come back and it isnt in my library anymore so i go to activate the game again and it says the product code is already been redeemed! it cost me £45 im not going to by the game again! not sure how to get around this

I have seen people say various things worked for them:
    (Don't try these in order...I just threw them in a list)

1. Change your DNS server.
    [here] is a tutorial.
    Take note of what your current one is before you change it, of course. You could get into the support queue, then go work on changing the settings as they queues are supposedly 45+ minutes long. If it works, you can just close the queue. If it doesn't, you're five minutes closer to support.

2. Uninstall Origin and run a registry cleaner [link] - then restart, reinstall Origin, and check if they're there.

3. Running Origin as an administrator. Seems common sense, but it's quick and worth a try.

These are the solutions I've come across repeatedly, I really wish I could remember how EA and I fixed it when it happened to me but I don't. I still recommend queuing for a live chat, as that's how it was fixed for me, but a load of people say it didn't help at all...I guess it just depends if you get someone competent or not.

You do not need to buy the game again. As I said, you still own it - it just isn't showing on your end.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    cccc7ccccc7c Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I have recently tried using a pre-used sims 4 disc and it says the product code has already been used, is there any way I can delete all memory on this disc so I can then play it on my laptop?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    cccc7c wrote: »
    Hi, I have recently tried using a pre-used sims 4 disc and it says the product code has already been used, is there any way I can delete all memory on this disc so I can then play it on my laptop?

Hello @cccc7c
    The Sims 4 product code can only be used once. It is then registered to the origin account of the gamer, and cant be used again.
    It would be best to try returning the disc back to where you bought it from,.