Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited June 2015
    @TheGreenLion Ah, so you are seeing a jagged edge though? I'm not so concerned about the color - just that others are seeing the effect too. My water's edge doesn't look like that in a pool placed in a normal room or outside; only in the basement pool. The basement lighting issue was posted by @Talea12345 a few pages back. My jagged edges aren't changing color with time of day though, at least not when I'm shifting time via build mode. And I've tried it with no room above the pool as well as with a room above it. Another funky thing, when I look from above, I've got a shadow (of the shadow) on the pool floor too. :o
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Last night when I was in game working on my build, I noticed that the columns are disapearing when you get close to them. Is it my imagination, or did they not "stay" before this last patch? I only remembering them fading out when in "live mode" not build mode. Now they fade out in build mode too?
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    @rochelimit Had a chance to check out those mirrors in game; very cool how they can be shifted to any position on the wall, and they are fully functional too! Well, this will make the wait for EA to do it even harder. :p As for your expansion pack idea, it sounds great, but to be honest, as I don't actually play the game, I'm the last person to be advocating for much in live mode. I personally don't want to play it until there is at least basic story progression, but that's a topic for another thread.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Okay, Ms Bry....I found my 'bug'

First pic.....my Sim not wanting to finish her Mac n Cheese
    06-12-15_5-41nbspPM-2_zpsmmvesxvb.png

Second pic....Sim DID finish cooking her Mac n Cheese
    06-12-15_5-40nbspPM_zpsscuh2ewz.png

Third pic...Sim DID finish cooking her Mac n Cheese
    06-12-15_5-42nbspPM_zpswedo1eqy.png

If you notice the first pic has the counter end pieces, the second has the normal center counter pieces and the third has the rounded counter pieces.

I thought it was just a glitch with the stoves, but it is obvious a 'bug' with the counter pieces. My Sim refused to finish cooking with JUST those particular end pieces there. It wasn't just the S Cargueaux counter.....all end counters had the same reaction....including the reward counter.

Hopefully EA will have a fix for this soon. I like the look of the finished end.
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    I hate to say it, @Cassee but this one might be by design. Those end counter pieces are smaller than regular counters, and you know how picky this game is about having tons of space around interactive objects (fireplaces, I'm looking at you!). I still think though, that the sim should have routed over to another nearby full size counter, as I see you have regular ones right across the way. What happens if you remove those two counters by the stove and leave it on its own?
  • Options
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    I hate to say it, @Cassee but this one might be by design. Those end counter pieces are smaller than regular counters, and you know how picky this game is about having tons of space around interactive objects (fireplaces, I'm looking at you!). I still think though, that the sim should have routed over to another nearby full size counter, as I see you have regular ones right across the way. What happens if you remove those two counters by the stove and leave it on its own?

She did finish cooking without any counters. It was just the end pieces that 'made her angry'. lol Round pieces...ok! Normal counters...ok!! Nice end pieces that Cassee likes to use...NOPE!! Not gonna happen.

I really get a kick out of some of the bugs of this game. SOME are absolutlely ridiculous! You have to laugh, otherwise you will pull all your hair out, scream into a pillow, then proceed to throw laptop through the double pane window during a thunderstorm.

Lucky for me, I hardly ever play the game, but I would like my builds to actually work.

Toodles, Ms Bry

Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Okay, that definitely clinches it as a bug, @Cassee; I'll add it to the list, and I'm sorry those counters didn't work out properly.

@Tiki5872 You know, I noticed that too, and some other object types as well (the overhead lights, I think), but when I hopped into live and camera man mode and saw that they weren't disappearing, I didn't much care as I knew I could still get them in my pictures. It is annoying to have them suddenly fading though. I'll add it to the list. Edit: I do think this was happening prior to this last patch though. Can anyone else confirm or deny?
  • Options
    aquiliferaquilifer Posts: 206 Member

Cerrydd wrote: »

Placing a half gabled roof against a wall and then raising the roof, it overrides the wallpaint of the wall:

tumblr_npso7aKOUu1s873l7o3_1280.png

This actually happens with more than just the half gable. It can happen with a full gable or a half hip, as well, if the side with a wall is higher than the regular walls on that floor.
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification @aquilifer!
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Having sim-painted stuff on the lot gives off a faulty lot value.

For example, here's this room filled with paintings:

tumblr_npw9fyi3Uf1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

The gallery says the value is $1,560. Wrong, of course, because the paintings are pretty expensive. When placing it:

tumblr_npw9fyi3Uf1s873l7o2_1280.jpg

For some reason, it says $1,320 (no idea why). Then, when placed:

tumblr_npw9fyi3Uf1s873l7o3_1280.jpg

The info panel says the lot value is $2,820. 1,500 + $1,320 = indeed 2,820. Looks like the paintings are free! Except they're not:

tumblr_npw9fyi3Uf1s873l7o7_r1_500.jpg

Going back to manage world, the lot value is suddenly $89,009. I didn't bother to add up all the paintings worth, but I'm assuming this is the correct price. When going back into the lot, the info panel now states the $89,009 as lot value. However, when trying to save it, it displays the much lower price in the gallery again:

tumblr_npw9fyi3Uf1s873l7o6_1280.jpg

Pretty annoying when you're building on a budget :D I tried the same with a lot filled with photographs, but I didn't notice a discrepancy between the prices in the info panel and from manage worlds.

There's another gripe I have, but I'm not sure if it belongs in this thread. Gonna do it anyway... :p The controls of the camera mode (TAB) get very sensitive the higher you get. For example, when trying to take screenshots of rooms on the third or fourth floor, pressing WASD moves the camera very fast, like when you're holding SHIFT on the ground floor. It makes framing shots a bit hard. Not sure if that's supposed to be a feature.
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    @Cerrydd I noticed a discrepancy a while ago myself but never pursued it. Looking at it more closely, the cost of paintings is not being transferred to the Library at all. I tried it with a single $1203 painting and then again later with $11,204 worth of paintings. My lot cost with just a small, bare structure was $840, and it remained $840 in the Library no matter how many paintings I added. Photos were...different. When I placed one $8 photo, the Library cost went from $840 to $850...so it inflated the cost by $2.00. And when I placed 9 $8 photos, which should have raised the Library cost by $72, it raised it instead by $90. Long story short, if you place enough photos with their inflated cost, you can offset the zero cost of your paintings. :p Okay, that was just me being silly. ;) Definitely a bug, and I can see why it's of concern with challenges that require a budget. I will add these issues to our index.

I never really noticed that camera speed thing before, but you're right, and it is annoying. I'll make a request on our list to keep camera speed constant on each level.
  • Options
    Yeah, I noticed it after finishing my gallery, but laziness/bad memory took over and forgot to mention it :D

I just checked to see what happens if you move a sim into an empty lot and then place a room with paintings on it. The sim only pays for the walls, not the paintings. So technically, it's cheaper for sims to move into a lot before buying the house :p But that's a bit of a hassle, so hopefully they'll fix it :)
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Something that might not have come up yet (and after a quick look at the list on the first post it hasn't) is wall fountains - like lions that the water comes out of their mouths. You could then place something under the fountain (like a vase or bowl or plants) for the water to go into.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    Thank you, Ms Bry!
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited June 2015
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I was not able to duplicate your issue, although I built a similar structure to yours with walkway and two story building with the same roof. However, Comfy Cubby not only has the foundation routing issue but also has the slope/tile issue, which would definitely explain why you had trouble with floor tiles in that area (lower right is where it has the problem). The roof acted fine for me. Perhaps someone else following this thread could also give it a try. And when/if you upload the lot to the Gallery, if you'll provide the link, I will also try to work with it in game.

I finally did a post patch repair & cache clear, which solved the roofing issue, yay :) The floor problem still exists though. :/

ps, screen shot of what happens when I try to place flooring with no room, note the red "nothing to change" pop up in the lower corner.
    5971067f2728ff21e5b673db2f4673e2.jpg

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    @kamb1403 Using MOO, you can do that with the base game fish fountain now, but yes, I would love to see more water features and fountains added to the game! What would really help though, and what I requested early on, is the return of the fog emitter debug object. I don't know if you are familiar with it from TS3, but it was an invisible object that allowed builders access to all kinds of effects, including flowing water. You could MOO it to the location of your choice and set up some really intricate designs with it. If they would give us just that one object back, it could occupy me for months. :D

@Cassee You're welcome!

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Yep, that's the tile/slope bug. Sorry it affected your build. :/
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    I made a fix for the Simple Glass Double Doors that aren't glass as well as the matching Stark Front Door.
    You can download it from modthesims.
    It replaces the originals with my fixed versions. If you delete the mod then the doors go back to how they were.
    http://bootstrap.modthesims.info/download.php?t=556881
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    Thanks for letting us know, @Alistu. Those who use CC will appreciate the fixes, no doubt!
  • Options
    If anyone is available to test, I'm looking for help in finding loopholes to preserving the Original By field on lots after the 6/11/15 patch.

As you may know, according to EA's patch notes, they fixed a major loophole, which was allowing people to override the Original By when placing the lot from Manage Worlds. It was already locked down in Build Mode. I am aware of one additional but fairly tricky loophole that has not yet been locked down.

Since the patch, I've been inquiring on lots that I've seen uploaded without their Original By's. Based on some of the responses, I think there might be at least one other loophole out there, and I'd really like to get it identified and passed along to EA. If you have some time, please do your best to "take over" someone else's lot. Try placing it in a variety of ways and doing whatever crazy things you can think of to it in order to erase the Original By. To see whether you've found a loophole, save the lot to your library, and then check it to see if the Original By is still there.

If you *do* find a loophole, please PM me with the steps to reproduce it; please do not post it publicly. Thanks!
  • Options
    Of course, right after I set this up, an idea occurs to me, and sure enough, I've found another one. :/ Where there's one, there's bound to be more...
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited June 2015
    Never mind...figured it out.
    Post edited by N0NoTToN0N on
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    The one loophole I found while we were still testing the painting by reference transfers still works, though that might be one you already had in mind?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Cerrydd It does? It didn't when I tested it... Did you use the exact same steps that you originally PM'ed me? Was it hit and miss, or did it always work? I will try it again... If it is still open, it would be the third loophole. :/
  • Options
    Yes, it still works for me. Tried 5 times, succeeded 5 times :(
  • Options
    Ah, okay, was able to reproduce it. You have to start in build mode now (perhaps you always did?). Thanks for letting me know about this @Cerrydd.