Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Life and Times of.... (Grand Finale Double Feature, Thank you for Reading :) )

Comments

• Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    Rivie wrote: »
    Celiria wrote: »

ashley-helping-out.png

Ashley decided to help out by taking the dirty dishes upstairs and washing them for her parents while Kaley was working on the sink.

What? Max's kid, in one of my saves there's a boy, never washes the dishes lol. He just leaves them on the table when I tell him to clean up. I started to think kids didn't do it.
    Btw I'm really liking your story! This is where I am right t now. *Oct 14, end of page 2

Glad to hear your enjoying it :)

As to the dish washing there is a bug in the game you may be running into. If you tell a sim to clean up the dishes while they are sitting down they will pick the dish up stand and then set it down. You need to have them standing and then select the clean up dishes interaction for it to work. I hope that helps :)

• Options
    *old timey circus announcer voice* Welcome ladies and gentleman, we are proud to bring you, the greatest show on earth.... no not the circus.....

ashley-and-cassidy-family-banner.jpg

*back to normal voice* Though it might as well be a circus, we have athletic Jay the strong woman, Ashley and Cassidy are the acrobats (taking every chance they can to show off their "flexibility" :p ), we have the circus animals in the form of a Mr. Director the dinosaur, and Mr. Narrator the dragon, and we have Zach who is..... uhhhh..... well we have Zach :p

What? I never said it was a perfect resemblance :p

When we last left our golden locked couple Cassidy's computer broke down so she ended up spending some time with Ashley out in Willow Creek before heading home to help Jay and Zach with homework and get some writing done.

start-of-day.png

As the next day starts Zach gets his turn in the bathroom while Jay works up a sweat with her morning work out.

ashley-gardens.png

Ashley tends to her garden.

cassidy-make-pancakes.png

And Cassidy fixes breakfast.

eat-the-aforementioned-pancakes.png

So the kids get to enjoy some nice pancakes before heading off rather than just a bowl of cereal.

hug.png

kiss.png

And they get an extra surprise as Ashley finishes her weeding in time to come inside and give them each a hug and kiss before they have to go.

After they leave Ashley feels a bit bad because she realizes that they are over halfway through childhood and yet she is always gardening in the mornings. So starting tomorrow she's going to change up her routine and garden after breakfast so that she can spend more time with them while their still kids before teenage angst and hormones kick in.

breakfast-with-cassidy.png

Self revelations out of the way Ashley settles down to today's breakfast with Cassidy.

shower-and-harvest.png

Afterwards Cassidy takes a shower while Ashley heads back out to harvest her produce.

really-rusty.png

And Cassidy decides to play her guitar a bit since she hasn't done that in a while. She's pretty rusty especially since she wasn't that experienced with it to begin with.

She also doesn't notice Ashley come in and settle on the couch to listen. And of course being as self conscious as she is she is embarrassed when she realizes that Ashley has been listening to her sloppy playing.

ashley-is-always-a-fan.png

Ashley as always doesn't mind, she's just happy to be with Cassidy (on a side note I am pretty sure this exact scenario happened before where Cassidy played guitar and Ashley walked in causing her to be embarrassed so I'm starting to think this may be another thing Ashley does to have an excuse to be adorable with Cassidy :p )

interruption.png

Sadly any adorableness or romance gets interrupted as Krystle shows up to visit :\

Seriously Krystle your a great family friend and all but your timing sucks.

chat-for-a-bit.png

But she's still their friend so Ashley and Cassidy invite her in and chat for a bit about life and kids and all that.

back-to-togetherness.png

And after a bit Krystle had to go and Ashley and Cassidy got to go back to their adorableness as they curl up together on the couch and watch tv together.

watching-tv-doesnt-last.png

But of course actually watching tv doesn't last long as they soon become distracted by each other.

b-student.png

A couple hours later Zach and Jay arrive home, Zach is officially a B student :D

Though in Jay's defense she isn't really behind as she has leveled just as much as Zach has her skills are just more spread out while Zach is more focused and has actually reached level 4 in two skills (the requirement to progress to B grade level)

homework-help-while-cassidy-writes.png

And with the kids home Ashley helps them with their homework while Cassidy decides to get some work done on her current story.

spacewalk.png

After finishing up Ashley takes the kids to the play park to play for a bit while Cassidy continues to work on her book.

zach-gets-to-be-captain.png

Zach takes the opportunity while Jay is swinging from the back of the ship to be captain for once (don't get used to it Zach there's no way Jay will let you keep that position :p )

ashley-joins-in-as-always.png

And of course Ashley joins in on the fun as the space monster :D

extra-credit-and-sports.png

Once they get back home Zach decides to work on extra credit for school. Jay is against the idea of doing more school work after she already sat through school and normal homework so she watches sports on tv instead.

ashley-cooks-while-cassidy-writes.png

Meanwhile Cassidy is putting the finishing touches on her book so Ashley fixes dinner.

storm-chronicles.png

And Cassidy finishes her fourth published book (she never published the childrens book as she just wrote that to read to Zach and Jay) titled "storm chronicles" a selection of short stories about a pair of brothers as they chase tornado's across the midwest. Like "Plan C she was able to sell it to a publisher as opposed to having to self publish it.

spaghetti-dinner.png

And with her book finished and sent off Cassidy settles down to dinner with everyone.

off-to-bed.png

And then as it gets late everyone heads off to bed finishing another day.

That's it for this episode. What will happen next?

Will Zach get to hold the captains position on the playground ship? (not likely :p )

Will Cassidy's new book be a bigger hit than "Plan C" ? (not likely :p )

Will Jay ever make it to a B grade average? (not.... actually that one is likely :p )

Find out as we continue with....

I hope everyone enjoyed the update, happy simming :)
  • Options
    Just for anyone interested I've added a family tree to the first post.
  • Options
    It's now time for another episode of....

When we last left our golden locked couple they enjoyed a quiet day together cuddling on the couch. Ashley also decided that before her wonderful kids stopped being kids she wanted to spend as much time with them as possible so she is changing her morning routine so that she isn't gardening when she could be enjoying time with Jay and Zach.

ashley-makes-breakfast.png

And as the new morning begins Ashley jumps right into that plan as she quickly showers and starts preparing breakfast for her family.

exercise-in-the-morning.png

Meanwhile Jay's morning routine remains steadfast as she does her exercises while Zach is taking his turn in the bathroom.

morning-chess-game.png

After Zach finishes and since Cassidy doesn't have to cook breakfast the two settle down for a morning game of chess while Jay is taking her bath.

happy-with-her-decision.png

And Ashley gets to enjoy spending the morning with her kids and wife over breakfast :D and by the look on her face she couldn't be happier with her decision.

late-morning-gardening.png

But with that decision comes the consequences as after Jay and Zach head to school she gets a much later than usual start on her gardening.

not-writing.png

Meanwhile Cassidy heads to her computer though rather than starting on a new book she decides to take a day off and play a game instead. Considering her daily royalties came in at over $300 I'd say she's earned the break.

Honestly writing is such a great job in this game. Ashley gets to garden each day or do performances to earn money, other sims get to go to work for their daily paycheck. Cassidy worked hard to write a few books and now if she wished she could just sit back while the money rolled in from royalties without having to do a thing, but she is enjoying being a writer so she will continue eventually but for now she's just going to relax a little before jumping back in.

chess-game.png

And once Ashley finishes gardening Cassidy uses some of that free time to convince her into playing some chess, the stakes being the loser has to give the winner a kiss. Considering these two I don't know why they don't just cut out the middle man and just get to the fun :p

cassidy-wins.png

And the winner is Cassidy.

cassidys-reward.png

And she is ready for her prize :)

happy-to-oblige.png

Ashley is happy to oblige.... although.....

cassidy-deserves-more.png

Ashley can't help but feel that Cassidy won so thoroughly a kiss simply isn't enough of a prize ;)

more-reward.png

And as always Ashley knows just the thing to make up the difference :p

Seriously we all knew this was where they were aiming, if they'd just skipped the chess game they could have gotten to the bedroom so much quicker :p

come-up-for-air-already.png

After their fun Ashley still felt the reward wasn't enough. Seriously Ashley we get your crazy about her but let the woman have a chance to breathe :p

Finally breaking apart from each other Ashley decides to ask Cassidy a favor.

writing-practice-with-the-professional-writer.png

Since Ashley's comedy career has been okay but not stellar she decides she wants to write a comedy book, and with a professional writer in the house it makes sense for Ashley to ask Cassidy to mentor her in writing.

And since Cassidy is in such a good mood after their afternoon fun she is happy to help.

homework.png

As 3:00 rolls around Jay and Zach arrive home and get to work on their homework.

talking-to-giancarlo.png

After which Zach spends some time chatting with Giancarlo on the phone.

playing-with-mr-director.png

Meanwhile Jay (still needing one more level in creativity) plays with her stuffed dinosaur Mr. Director for a bit.

*director's sign drops down* "your never going to let that go are you?"

Me let a good joke go? Have you paid no attention at all to my history throughout this story? :p

*director's sign drops down* "I hate you so much some days"

:p

cassidy-fixes-dinner.png

And once Ashley gets the basics down Cassidy goes to the kitchen to fix dinner while Ashley continues practicing.

dinner-time.png

And Ashley finishes her writing practice for the day and joins the rest of her family for tuna casserole.

story-time.png

And since she hadn't gotten a chance recently Cassidy reads a bedtime story to Jay and Zach before they went to sleep.

bedtime.png

And Cassidy and Ashley followed suit shortly afterwards.

And that's it for this episode.

Will Ashley do as well with her writing as Cassidy?

Will they ever be able to play a game of chess without it leading to woohoo?

Will Jay finally get her point in creativity?

Find out when we continue with....

I hope everyone enjoyed the update. Happy simming.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    We now return to....

When we last left our golden locked couple Cassidy won a chess game leading to lots of fun and Ashley decided she wanted to try her hand at writing a comedy book, after some mentoring from Cassidy first of course.

daily-exercise.png

As always Jay starts off the day with a nice workout enhanced by the fact that she was feeling especially energetic this morning.

more-extra-credit.png

Meanwhile Zach's activity of choice after he finished in the bathroom was to work on extra credit. It amazes me how different these two have turned out.

And while he does that Cassidy prepares some french toast for everyone.

ashley-spends-time-with-jay.png

After Jay finishes her turn in the bathroom she chats with Ashley for a bit since Ashley is still determined to enjoy as much of Jay and Zach being kids as she can. (I also had another adorable picture of them cuddling but for some reason it didn't take :( so just picture lots of cuteness as Ashley pulls Jay into and adorably wonderful hug :p )

family-breakfast.png

And everyone settles in for a nice home cooked breakfast before Jay and Zach hurry off to school.

more-gardening.png

Once the kids have left Ashley heads outside to get her daily gardening done.

starting-a-new-book.png

Meanwhile Cassidy, having enjoyed her previous day to relax gets started on a new book, this time a fantasy novel.

together-time.png

And after Ashley finished her gardening and Cassidy got a good portion of her book done the two enjoyed the rest of their afternoon snuggling on the couch watching tv.

reid-comes-to-visit.png

And as the afternoon went on the family got a nice surprise as Reid stopped by to visit and was happily greeted by his sister.

chatting-and-seriousness.png

And since school let out he brought Elaine along so she could hang out with Jay and Zach while they did homework.

Jay was happy to hang out, Zach just focused on his school work. I'm starting to think we need to lighten Zach up a bit, he's getting way to serious and focused :\

adults-chat.png

Meanwhile Ashley and Cassidy chatted with Reid.

fun-at-the-playground.png

Once Jay and Zach finished their homework Ashley left the siblings to chat and took the kids over to the play park before it got dark.

goodbye-hug.png

But as it got late Reid and Elaine had to head home so Jay said goodby to her friend before Ashley took them home as well.

dinner-before-heading-off-to-bed.png

And they arrived home to a nice hot meal of... something (I'm not entirely sure what it was or how it's supposed to be spelled). But they seemed to be good as everyone enjoyed it :p

And after that everyone headed to bed finishing off an overall quiet but enjoyable day.

What will happen next time?

Will.... uhhhh

What..... errrr

How...... hmmmmm

Yeah I'll be honest I've got nothing this time.

Just tune in to find out what happens next time on......

• Options
    You're having a nice quiet morning, everything's calm... and then BAM.....

Your morning just got 1000% more awesome :D

*director's sign drops down* "Has anyone ever told you that you are way to into this?"

Ooooh you know what we need, a theme song.

*director's sign drops down* ".... :neutral_face: .... "

Oh come on, it would cool, all like Bwaaa bwaaa bwaarghh badabadada Bwaa bwaa wargh ba ba ba. *dances around making air guitar motions*

*director's sign drops down* "Okay this is weird even for him, who gave him sugar*

It's the holidays :) I've got cookies :D

*director's sign drops down* "*sigh* lets just get on with it"

When we last left our golden locked couple they enjoyed a mostly quiet day at home. Also Elaine and Reid came to visit and that was fun.

start-the-day-with-a-little-writing-practice.png

Ashley and Cassidy woke up a bit earlier than usual so Ashley decided to get some writing practice done while Cassidy kept her company and offered occasional advice.

sit-ups.png

And as the morning continued the rest of the household awoke as well starting in with their normal routines.

zach-settles-down-to-read.png

After finishing his bath Zach got dressed and settled down in the living room to read for a bit while Cassidy worked on breakfast.

doesnt-get-far.png

Or at least he tried to read, Ashley still determined to get as much mother kid time as she could decided that Zach needed hugs.

omlets-together.png

And as Jay finished getting ready the family sat down to another nice family breakfast together.

hug-for-zach.png

hug-for-jay.png

And Zach and Jay head off to school after getting goodbye hugs from Ashley.

gardening-while-cassidy-works-on-finishing-her-novel.png

After they left Ashley headed out back to get her gardening done for the day while Cassidy continued with her fantasy novel.

really-wants-to-finish.png

Ashley finished up first and was in the mood to spend some time with her loving wife. And before anyone jumps to conclusions she's looking for a date this time, not plan c..... that will probably come later knowing these two :p

promise.png

Sadly Cassidy is almost done with her book and wants to finish it, but she promises that they can spend time together as soon as she is done.

ashley-waits-paitientlyish.png

So Ashley watches some tv and waits patiently.... ish for Cassidy to finish.

A couple hours later Cassidy is finally done and heads to the mailbox to send off her new fantasy novel "The Bane" the story of a girl who awakes to find herself hated by everyone she meets and bearing an odd mark on the side of her face.

ashleys-ready.png

And as Cassidy turns back towards the house she finds Ashley already waiting for her.

not-a-lot-of-time-so-they-go-for-a-walk-together.png

Since finishing took longer than expected and the kids are going to get home soon the two settle for taking a walk around the neighborhood together.

relaxing-on-a-bench.png

They also relax for a bit on a bench just enjoying being together on this beautiful day.

park-trip.png

And they get back just in time to greet Jay and Zach as they get home from school. And since it's Friday and there's no rush to get homework done Ashley and Cassidy decide to take Jay and Zach to the park in Willow Creek.

If anyone's curious I'm simply not as big a fan of the park in Oasis Springs which is why they always go to the Willow Creek one.

space-sea-doesnt-matter.png

Once at the park Jay shows that whether it's deep space or the open sea she's still the captain :p

crows-nest.png

Meanwhile Zach heads up to the crow's nest.

pair-of-jerks.png

Sadly their fun was interrupted by a pair of jerks. I don't know if it was a glitch that they were using the children's play ship but they ended up forcing Jay, Zach and the other kids who were on it off it when they decided to use it :angry:

Where is my delete button

ashley-wont-stand-for-it.png

And Ashley beats me to the punch as she is not about to stand for seeing a pair of grown men bully and disturb the fun of the kids at the playground, especially not her kids. And she gives them a piece of her mind driving them off, as they leave though they mysteriously disappeared from existence.

In my defense they were bullying kids on a playground, they had it coming.

chats-with-giancarlo.png

While this was going on Zach saw that Giancarlo was at the park as well so he went over to chat for a bit.

jay-and-elaine.png

Elaine was there as well so she and Jay played together on the monkey bars.

And then Jay and Zach said goodbye to their respective friends as it was getting late and they needed to head home.

decide-to-get-homework-out-of-the-way.png

Once home Jay and Zach decided to get their homework out of the way before we end up forgetting like we did last weekend :p

spaghetti.png

And they finished just as dinner was ready.

family-storytime.png

Afterwards Cassidy got everyone settled in for family storytime once dishes were cleared.

thats-it.png

And with that the family headed off the bed another day finished.

What will happen next?

What will our wonderful family get up to over the weekend?

Will Ashley ever get started on her comedy book or is this just an excuse to spend more time with Cassidy?

Will my game ever stop giving me jerk sims? (seriously game it's like you keep trying to top yourself :\ )

Find out as we continue with....

I hope everyone enjoyed the update, happy simming.
  • Options
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck.....

No it doesn't make sense to me either but I needed an intro and that came to mind :p

When we last left our golden locked couple Cassidy finished a book and then they hung out as a family down at the park.

bright-and-early.png

As the new day starts Cassidy is up bright and early working on a book idea that came to her while she slept and that she just had to write about.

missing-partner.png

Waking to find her beautiful wife missing from bed Ashley wanders into Cassidy's study to see what's up.

fixing-breakfast.png

Realizing that Cassidy's really into her work at the moment Ashley lets her be and heads to the kitchen to start on breakfast for when the kids wake up.

morning-workout.png

Well morel like when Zach wakes up since by this point Jay is already awake and has started into her usual workout.

breakfast-together.png

And Zach finally wakes up and Ashley manages to pry Cassidy off the computer so they can eat breakfast together as a family.

back-to-writing.png

But after breakfast it's right back to her book.

necessary-gardening.png

Meanwhile Ashley heads outside to work on her garden.

chatting-tv-and-extra-credit.png

Zach and Jay settle onto the couch and spend the rest of the morning chatting while Zach works on some extra credit for school and Jay watches sports.

But as afternoon comes Ashley finishes her gardening and wants to head down to the lounge to perform some routines. Since Cassidy is absorbed in her work at the moment Ashley decides to take Jay and Zach along since they haven't had a chance to see her comedy before (outside of her usual jokes in everyday conversations.

seeing-ashleys-other-job.png

Sadly as usual though her family are the only ones who watch her performance, oh well at least she got paid because of it though this is getting really annoying.

takes-a-break.png

After arriving home Cassidy has had enough writing for one day so she relaxes on the couch and chats for a bit with Jay and Zach while Ashley works on dinner.

enthuses-about-ashley.png

And over dinner Jay enthuses about her day, her thought bubble showed Ashley so clearly Jay enjoyed her mothers comedy routine :)

mother-son-chess.png

cuddling-and-sports.png

Once dinner is over the family enjoys the rest of the evening with their respective activities. Zach and Cassidy enjoy some chess while Ashley and Jay cuddle together and watch sports.

And that's it for another quiet day in the Green household.

What will happen next?

Will Cassidy's new book become her first bestseller?

Will Jay and Zach's weekend remain this calm and quiet?

Will Maxis ever patch the issues with people not watching comedy routines in lounges (Please Maxis, just fix this already).

Find out when we continue....

• Options
    Silvereyes83Silvereyes83 Posts: 253 Member
    great story. i love how you bring out each sims character. Great work.
  • Options
    This weekend I'm doing a double double weekend (two episodes per day for the two days of the weekend). No real reason why, I just feel like it (though admittedly it does give me an excuse to put off the schoolwork I'm supposed to be doing :p ). So with that out of the way here's the first of today's episodes.

When we last left our golden locked couple the family enjoyed a mostly quiet day at home other than a brief trip for Jay and Zach to watch their mom perform her comedy routines at the lounge.

waking-up-first.png

As the new morning starts it is Ashley's turn to wake up early rather than Cassidy.

cleaning.png

So Ashley decides to get some household chores done and cleans the shower, counter, and various sinks around the house.

fixing-breakfast1.png

After which she fixes breakfast.

ready-when-everyone-else-wakes.png

So when the rest of the family wakes up they all get to settle down to a nice hot breakfast and a clean house.

jay-hangs-out-with-elaine.png

After breakfast Jay invited Elaine over to hang out at the play park next door.

zach-hangs-out-with-giancarlo.png

Likewise Zach invited Giancarlo over to hang out and watch some tv.

continuing-her-book.png

Meanwhile Cassidy spent the morning working on her book.

can-keep-an-eye-on-jay-and-elaine.png

She used the bedroom computer for a change so that she could keep an eye on Jay and Elaine, just to be on the safe side.

gardening-and-other-routines.png

And of course Ashley got to work on her garden.

playing-chess-with-giancarlo.png

After a bit Zach convince Giancarlo to play some chess though I got the sense that Giancarlo was about as into chess as Jay was, but Zach's his best friend so he gave in and played for a bit.

heading-back-home.png

And Jay and Elaine tired of the park so they wandered around the neighborhood for a bit and chatted.

more-writing-practice-for-ashley.png

Ashley finally finished up her gardening so Cassidy let her have the computer for some writing practice.

And as we head into the afternoon Giancarlo and Elaine had to go.

playing-with-mr-director1.png

So Jay returned home and played with Mr. Director for a bit.

playing-on-the-computer.png

While Zach played a game on the computer. Though admittedly that looks less like a game and more like homework :\

playing-on-the-couch.png

Meanwhile tired of writing practice Ashley and Cassidy switched to a bit of playing around of their own on the couch.

back-porch-for-a-bit-more-privacy.png

And eventually moved to the back porch where they had a bit more privacy from the kids for some romantic time.

cassidy-makes-dinner.png

Sadly their romantic time had to come to an end as dinner had to be made.

dinner-together-as-a-family.png

And the family gathered for a nice meal together as the kids got to talk about their days.

not-sure-what-shes-smiling-about.png

After dinner Cassidy got clean up duty. Considering how messy those plates are I'm not sure why she's smiling :\

storytime-with-ashley.png

Meanwhile Ashley took a turn to read a bedtime story to Jay and Zach.

cassidy-waiting.png

And after putting the kids to bed Ashley returned to her bedroom to find Cassidy waiting with a surprise.

I guess now we know why Cassidy was smiling, she was planning this :p

ashley-likes-her-surprise.png

Needless to say Ashley loves her surprise.

time-for-fun.png

And the two waste no time in getting to the fun as the day draws to a close.

end-of-this-day.png

And with that we finish up another day in the Green household.

And that's it for this update, I will have the next update up in a little bit.

• Options
    And now to continue today's double update of....

back-on-track.png

As the day begins Jay gets back on track with her workout since she forgot to do her morning exercises yesterday.

chatting-while-making-breakfast.png

Meanwhile Ashley and Cassidy chat while Cassidy fixes breakfast.

family-meal.png

And after Jay and Zach have bathed and are all ready they enjoy a quick meal of scrambled eggs before heading off to school for the day.

gardening-time.png

After breakfast Ashley heads outside to do her usual gardening.

new-computer.png

Cassidy works on finishing up her current book. As you can also see they finally upgraded to a top of the line computer.

long-routine.png

And after gardening Ashley works on her computer writing her first long comedy routine.

I did give Ashley a new computer as well I just took this picture before I did. The two computers together cost $8000 clearing out most of their stored up funds but they have a good income rate so I'm not worried about it.

klang-the-space-robot.png

And Cassidy finishes her new Sci fi novel (Klang the Space Robot. The story of a robot left drifting in space who has to figure out what to do with himself now that he's on his own )

jay-got-a-b.png

And more good news. The kids arrive home from school and Jay is finally a B student :)

that-girl-can-jump.png

And she and Ashley celebrate with a hip bump. On a side note Jay's workouts are definitely paying off because plum that girl can jump.

homework-still-has-to-be-done.png

But homework still has to be done so they settle down at the table to work on their homework with their parents help.

zach-works-on-extra-credit.png

After finishing Zach decides to work on some extra credit.

jay-watches-sports.png

Meanwhile as usual Jay would rather watch sports on tv. Then again there's not much she wouldn't rather do over more schoolwork ;p

grilled-cheese-for-dinner.png

And Cassidy makes some grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner.

family-meal-together.png

And our wonderful family enjoys another meal together as the day finishes up.

another-day-done.png

And that's another day done for the Green family.

What will happen on tomorrow's double update?

Will Ashley and Cassidy be able to make up the cost of the new computers?

Will Jay and Zach become A students?

What will happen as we inch closer to Jay and Zach becoming teenagers (that's actually still a little further off so it won't be in tomorrow's updates).

I hope everyone enjoyed the update. Happy simming :)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    This line was deemed to funny for human eyes and it is feared it may cause severe laugh lock in some people due to how amazingly funny it is. So for your safety we have removed the line and will just move onto this episode of....

When we last left our golden locked couple after day one of the double double weekend this happened....

that-girl-can-jump.png

Yes other stuff happened as well but that hip bump was fantastic and is now one of my favorite photos for this story.

normal-workout.png

And clearly Jay wants to stay in that good of shape since she keeps up with her morning exercising as we start the next day.

cuddling-with-mom.png

And after finishing her workout since Zach is still in the bathroom she takes some time to cuddle with Ashley.

more-cuddling-with-mom.png

And Zach gets an extra strong dose of cuddling when he gets out of the bathroom. Seriously he looks like he's just thinking "Yes mom I appreciate the affection but I'm having trouble breathing" :p

I think Ashley is upping her desire to spend time with them while they are kids knowing that they are only a few days from aging up.

flipping-pancakes.png

Meanwhile Cassidy lets Ashley have her fun while she fixes breakfast.

breakfast-pancakes.png

And the family settles down together for a nice breakfast of pancakes.

good-luck-at-school.png

same-to-zach.png

Then Cassidy gets her turn with Jay and Zach as she wishes them each a good day at school.

And after they leave the time has come for Ashley and Cassidy to age up to adults.

cassidy-as-adult.png

Cassidy ages up pretty gracefully to adult.

getting-older-doesnt-bother-ashley.png

Ashley does as well and she seems to have no qualms about getting older.

she-knows-shes-still-got-it.png

After all, she knows she's still got it when it comes to wooing her wife.

not-slowing-down.png

And while they are older neither of them is slowing down any time soon.

yep-shes-still-got-it.png

Yep Ashley thinks as they finish their fun, she's definitely still got it.

time-for-daily-gardenign.png

But with their fun finished it's time to get to her daily gardening.

start-on-sequel.png

Meanwhile Cassidy still feeling flirty starts working on a new romance novel. A sequel to Plan C.

does-feel-a-bit-rushed.png

There is one effect getting older does have on Ashley. She feels that she does need to settle down and focus on her writing for her eventual book while she still has time. So after she finishes her gardening she sits down to practice her writing for a bit.

homework-help.png

And since Ashley's toiling away at her computer Cassidy helps Jay and Zach with their homework when they get home.

trip-to-the-park.png

trip-to-the-park-2.png

After finishing their homework Cassidy agrees to take the kids over the the play park for the rest of the afternoon.

cant-resist-time-with-family.png

And while Ashley is feeling pressured to get going on her book she can't resist the opportunity to play at the park with her family.

elaine-stops-by.png

Elaine shows up as well to join the fun for a bit.

pizza-for-dinner.png

And the family loses track of time while having fun at the park so when they get home Ashley orders a pizza so they can just sit and relax.

storytime.png

And with bedtime drawing near Cassidy sits down with the kids for a bedtime story.

again-ashley-cant-resist.png

And again Ashley can't resist the chance to spend time with her family.

end-of-the-day.png

And that brings another day to an end in the Green household.

Stay tuned for the final episode of this double double weekend here on....

• Options
    And now for the final episode of....

for this double double weekend. Admit it, some of you were scared for a second there >:):p

jay-stretches.png

As always Jay gets right to her morning routine as she wakes up.

zach-reads.png

And then she gets her turn in the bathroom while Zach starts reading Cassidy's sci fi novel now that I have a mod that allows me to keep copies of the books :D

ashley-cooks.png

Meanwhile Ashley fixes breakfast for everyone.

enthusing-about-klang.png

And over breakfast Zach enthuses about how great Cassidy's book is. Let's just keep him away from Plan C though. I'm not sure he's ready for that particular novel :p Plus considering Ashley was part of the inspiration he might learn way more about his parents than he ever wants to know :p

continuing-the-sequel.png

And on that subject once the kids head off to school Cassidy gets back to working on the sequel while Ashley gardens.

first-best-seller.png

And as she finishes Cassidy has every right to be proud, as her new book Plan C: Change of Heart (the story of how our main heroine continues when the person she loved falls out of love with her) becomes her first best seller (earning $333 dollars in royalties for the day)

remember-what-i-said.png

And Ashley is so proud of Cassidy :)

She's also curious if Ashley remembers.....

about-woohooing-with-a-famous-author.png

....what Ashley told her when Cassidy first said she wanted to start writing.....

theres-also-a-certain-allure-to-sleeping-with-a-famous-author.png

.... how there was "a certain allure to sleeping with a famous author" ;)

Well that dream of Ashley's finally comes true.

some-more-writing-practice.png

And after their fun the two settle down as Cassidy helps Ashley with her writing practice.

homework-help1.png

Once Jay and Zach get home Cassidy helps them with their homework.

chess-game1.png

Followed by a game of chess with Zach once they are finished.

ashley-cooks-again.png

In the meantime Ashley works on fixing dinner.

nice-family-meal-before-bed.png

And the family enjoys dinner together as the day comes to a close.

end-of-double-double-weekend.png

And that's it for this double double weekend as the family all head off to bed.

What will happen next?

What changes are in store for the Green family as Jay and Zach are almost ready to become teens?

Will Ashley be able to cope with the fact that her cute little kids are growing up?

Will Jay and Zach ever be allowed to read the Plan C books? (would they even want to :p )

I hope everyone enjoyed the episodes and the double double weekend. Happy simming :)
  • Options
    And now we present another episode of....

When we last left our golden locked couple Cassidy finally became a best selling author with the release of her sequel to Plan C, Plan C: Change of Heart. And as always Ashley was more than happy to "celebrate" with her :p

start-the-day-feeling-frisky.png

And as the new day begins Ashley and Cassidy are feeling frisky, and since they both woke up earlier than usual they have plenty of time for some fun before the kids wake. Yet another case of if Jay and Zach had even a clue of what their parents were up to they would be horrified :p

different-active.png

A bit later Jay wakes up feeling active as well though thankfully of a different sort. (I joke but considering there was actually a bug early after release where kids could get the flirty emotion that was a horrifying possibility :p )

ashley-cooks-while-cassidy-takes-a-cold-shower.png

And with their morning fun finished Ashley heads to the kitchen to fix breakfast while Cassidy takes a cold shower.

zach-reads-klang.png

And as Zach finishes with the bathroom and Jay takes her turn he continues reading Cassidy's sci fi novel.

family-meal1.png

And the family enjoys breakfast together.

off-to-school-for-jay-and-zach.png

After which Zach and Jay head off to school.

mystery-novel.png

Once the kids have left Cassidy starts working on a mystery novel.

tending-her-garden-faster.png

Meanwhile Ashley heads outside to tend to her garden, and finishes quickly since she finally hit level 9 which reduces the time gardening tasks take :D

ask-on-date.png

And since Ashley finished early she decides to drag Cassidy away from the computer for a date.

going-dancing.png

And the two go dancing. I hope they do a patch soon which at least makes them face each other when dancing together if the two sims are in a relationship.

been-together-for-all-this-time.png

And Ashley surprises Cassidy with a rose.

They've been married for 10 years now. They've known each other since they were kids and now they have to wonderful kids of their own who are growing up before their eyes. They've been best friends, to girlfriends, to lovers their entire lives and Ashley wants to make it clear that she's never once regretted choosing to spend her life with Cassidy.

while-they-usually-avoid-public-displays.png

And while they usually try to avoid public displays of affection Cassidy lets Ashley break their rule this one time for a romantic kiss while the music plays in the background.

cuddling-on-the-couch.png

And they return home and spend the rest of their afternoon curled up together on the couch watching tv.

once-again-mom-cant-breath.png

And when the kids come home they postpone homework so they can spend some time together as Jay and Zach's childhood years near an end.

Zach looks like he's having a repeat of looking at his mom again thinking "yes mom, the affection is nice but I can't breath" :p Come on Cassidy, let the poor kid make it to his teen years :p (on a quick side note with one day to spare Zach finally made an A grade ).

cassidy-goes-all-out-on-dinner.png

After that Cassidy goes to fix dinner.

jays-turn.png

Meanwhile Jay gets her turn at cuddling. We always have to be fair after all :)

last-dinner-as-kids.png

And Ashley and Cassidy settle down to their last dinner with Jay and Zach as kids since by this time tomorrow their cute little kids will be grown (possibly rebellious?) teenagers.

homework-help2.png

But they have one more day of grade school left so Cassidy helps out with their homework.

family-story-time.png

And afterwards Ashley leads one last family story time.

jay-kid.png

zach-kid.png

With that the family heads off to bed.

What will happen next?

How will the siblings birthday go?

What will Jay and Zach look like as teens?

How well will Ashley and Cassidy handle their little kids growing up?

Find out when we continue....

I hope everyone enjoyed the update and happy simming.
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Was behind a few days, but I've caught up now! Can't believe they're going to be teens! So crazy. Time sure does fly :)
  • Options
    And now the much awaited birthday episode for....

That's right, it's finally here. The birthday update I've been referencing in the past few episodes (and subsequently putting off posting due to school and work because apparently the universe has a sense of humor and thought finals would be the perfect time for this episode to coincide with :p )

But it's finally here so on we go.

birthday-doesnt-mean-day-off.png

As the birthday... day (there is probably a better way to phrase it but it's not coming to me at the moment) arrives Jay starts the morning off as usual. Just because it's her birthday doesn't mean she's going to skimp on her exercising.

zach-still-reading.png

And as Jay gets her turn in the bathroom Zach settles down to read for a bit, meanwhile I get to sit and ponder whether this usual balance will continue to work once they are teens. Admittedly worst case I can just have Jay use her parents bathroom since those two aren't exactly in a rush in the mornings.

lots-of-cheering-up.png

And in defense of that point I give you exhibit A as Cassidy and Ashley are certainly in no rush this morning to get out of bed :p

cassidy-making-breakfast.png

After having their fun Cassidy heads to the kitchen to fix breakfast.

last-meal-with-kids.png

And the family enjoyed their last meal with the kids as kids.

final-day-of-school.png

And they got in some hugs before the Jay and Zach headed off to their last day of elementary school.

ashley-does-her-gardening.png

After the kids left Ashley maintained her usual routine as she tended to her garden.

making-cakes.png

Meanwhile Cassidy "mixes" things up (see what I did there) as she makes the cakes for Jay and Zach's party.

ashley-gets-dinner-ready.png

And once the cakes were done and Ashley's gardening was finished Ashley took over the kitchen to prepare dinner for that night.

working-on-her-mystery-novel.png

Meanwhile Cassidy tried to work on her mystery novel.

cassidy-trying-to-figure-if-they-got-everything-done.png

However it's hard to focus with the fact that her cute little children are about to be teens. So the two relax (or at least attempt to) on the couch while Cassidy tries to figure out if there is anything else they need to do.

lighten-up.png

As usual though Ashley's the calm one in this type of situation as she assures Cassidy that everything will be fine, she also goofs around a bit to help Cassidy lighten up.

killing-time.png

And the two go out to the back porch for some chess to kill time until the kids get home.

party-outfits.png

Just for fun here's a picture of them all in their party outfits which I don't believe I ever have used.

zach-aging-up.png

And now it's time for the big moments. Zach gets to go first.

teenage-zach.png

zach.png

And here is the new teenage Zach Green.

In addition to the genius trait I decided to give him the bookworm trait as it seemed fitting. His aspiration is to be a computer whiz.

jay-aging-up.png

jay.png

And a few puffs at the candles (and some bad singing from Ashley) later we have the Jay all aged up. I couldn't decide on a trait for Jay so I used an online random generator and she got the romantic trait and the renaissance sim aspiration. So basically she has no definite idea what she wants to do going into the future other than she definitely wants meet the love of her life.

hugs-for-new-teens.png

And of course we have congratulatory hugs for the new teens from their mom's.

no-longer-needs-to-lean-down.png

Meanwhile Ashley realizes how her parents felt when she aged up, and the mix of joy and disappointment as she realizes her cute little kids aren't so little anymore.

sibling-hug.png

And of course we get a hug between the siblings.

This also means it's time for room updates.

zachs-new-room.png

First we have Zach's new room. I gave him a computer since he's a computer whiz.

jays-new-room.png

And here is Jay's room. Not much there but then again she's more the type who won't spend a huge amount of time in her room to begin with since she prefers to be active.

After getting the rooms set up the family gets a visitor....

flirt-attempt.png

giancarlo.png

Anyone recognize this dark haired cool customer. Yep Zach's best friend Giancarlo now a teen as well. I'm also sorry to the people rooting for a possible Zach/Giancarlo romance as that went out the window. Giancarlo showed up and proceeded to autonomously flirt with Jay, so it seems Giancarlo is a ladies man, though honestly given his name and looks is anyone that surprised :p . Sadly for him his first attempt falls a bit flat as Jay quickly shot him down due to obvious gender interests. Sorry Giancarlo, you're cool and all but you're just not Jay's type.... though I'm now slightly curious what Giancarlo would look like as a girl....

giancarlo-what-if.png

Curiosity got the better of me and I just had to try. I have to say he makes a nice girl but sadly it was not to be as the powers that be the games randomization chose male so he will stay male.

elaine.png

And just to complete the group here is Jay and Zach's cousin and Jay's best friend Elaine Hutchinson.

And now the game is just torturing me. Giancarlo makes a cute girl and Elaine is cute as well but both are off limits to Jay :( hopefully she will still find love among the sims 4 world.

Back on topic after that little tangent :p

glare-within-a-hug.png

Giancarlo doesn't take being shot down by Jay to badly as he still is happy to congratulate both of them on their birthdays. Zach thanks his friend with a hug (likely including a comment that hitting on your best friends sister is not cool, even if Giancarlo stood no chance to begin with :p )

Shortly after Giancarlo has to go, so he says goodbye to Jay and Zach.

growing-up.png

And here's a better in game picture of Jay and Zach for anyone interested in getting a good look at them.

new-family-dinner.png

And the two return inside to enjoy the chili that Ashley made earlier and spend the rest of the evening with their parents before heading to bed.

her-little-kids-are-growing-up.png

After Jay and Zach are asleep Cassidy is feeling a bit sad. It's nice to see her kids growing up but at the same time she feels like she's losing her adorable little children.

more-tickling.png

But as always Ashley is there to help cheer her up and remind her of all the fun times they still get to have with their kids. Jay and Zach are growing up but they aren't moving out yet :)

cheer-up-time.png

And you can probably guess what direction things went from there as the night came to a close.

And that's it for this birthday update. What will happen next.

Will Jay find love?

Will Zach become Oasis Springs new computer genius?

Will Giancarlo do better at picking girls to flirt with? (seriously of all the girls in the world you could have started off trying to hit on you manage to pick the lesbian :p )

ashley-and-cassidy-teen-banner.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the update and happy simming.
  • Options
    We now return you to our feature presentation of....

When we last left our golden locked couple Jay and Zach finally aged up into teens and we learned that apparently Giancarlo makes a very good looking girl :p

starting-off-her-teen-life-early.png

As the new day begins Jay is up first looking to get a head start on her teenage life.

goes-for-a-jog.png

And since she's older and has more freedom than when she was kid she decides to change things up with her morning exercise routine by going for a jog around the neighborhood.

zach-tests-out-his-new-computer.png

Meanwhile Zach starts his day off much less actively as he decides to try out his new computer by signing up for a pen pal program.

quick-shower.png

And upon finishing her jog Jay takes a quick shower.

jay-decides-to-fix-breakfast.png

Which is followed by her deciding to fix breakfast for the family..... the big question is will she take after Cassidy and turn out to be amazing or do we have another Ashley on our hands :\

vigourous-stirring-leads-to-vigourous-splashing.png

Another Ashley, most definitely another Ashley :p

Jay quickly learns that some things should not be done energetically. Such as stirring for example as her vigorous stirring leads to vigorous splashing :p

good-morning-kiss.png

Meanwhile Ashley and Cassidy are enjoying a good morning kiss, blissfully unaware of the chaos taking place in the kitchen.

blissfully-unaware.png

Very blissfully unaware :p

unsure-about-this.png

Zach hearing the noise comes out of his room to find his sister causing chaos in the kitchen. Meanwhile the thought goes through his mind "Am I going to have to eat that?"

family-has-to-try.png

Yes Zach, yes you will. Family is required to support each other, which means suffering a breakfast of "eggs" (and the joke returns MWAHAHA, it will never die :p )

encouraging-words-but-next-time-let-cassidy-help.png

But it seems the "eggs" turned out better than expected, although I think we'll still have Cassidy monitor her next time just to be safe :p

helps-with-gardening.png

After breakfast Jay decides to help Ashley with her gardening as well. At least she can's screw up harvesting. Picking flowers and vegetables is fairly straightforward (just to explain slightly, since Jay has the renaissance sim ambition she wants to level in a variety of skills which is why she is trying out a bunch of new things).

working-on-her-mystery-novel-some-more.png

Meanwhile Cassidy sits down to work some more on her mystery novel.

playing-blic-bloc.png

And Zach returns to his new computer to play some games while he waits for a response to his pen pal request.

chatting.png

And Elaine stopped by to visit and wish Jay and Zach a belated happy birthday as well as to relax and chat for a bit.

She isn't able to stay too long though and leaves a short bit later.

pen-pal-in-appaloosa-plains.png

Afterwards Zach finally gets a response and has a new pen pal from Appaloosa Plains. Who he immediately writes a letter to.

who-stole-the-cookie-from-the-cookie-jar.png

And Cassidy finishes her mystery novel titled "Who Stole the Cookie from the Cookie Jar?" (A story of intrigue and murder within a professional bakery) and sends it off to a publisher.

chat-while-ashley-starts-on-her-own-book.png

After which she settles down with to chat with her wife as Ashley finally starts on her new comedy book.

jay-heads-to-gym.png

And still feeling excited about the start of her teen years Jay decides to head down to the gym for the afternoon. But unbeknownst to her....

a-surprise-awaits-inside.png

An unexpected surprise is waiting inside.

jay-likes-what-she-sees.png

And based on Jay's face I think she likes what she sees :)

meet-sophie-sherman.png

Jay settles down for a workout as she gets to know the pretty stranger.

The girls name is Sophie Sherman, she is a teen like Jay and also like Jay she has the active trait. Seriously the girls in this family line have amazing luck. Kaley met Kamryn on day one in Willow Creek not 50 feet from her house, Cassidy moved in right across the street from Ashley when they were kids, and now Jay goes to the gym and immediately meets a pretty teenage girl who also has the active trait. This game seems to just hand them girlfriend material on a silver platter.

chat-a-bit-more-after-workout.png

And the two seem to get along quite well as they continue to chat in the lobby after finishing their respective workouts.

nothing-yet-but-a-promising-prospect.png

And after chatting for a bit Jay says goodbye and heads home. Nothing major developed other than a basic friendship but Sophie is definitely a promising prospect. And unlike with Kaley and Kamryn or Ashley and Cassidy I won't have to wait for a sign before trying for a relationship since I think it's pretty clear already that Jay is interested.

enthusing-about-the-cute-girl-she-met.png

Back home over dinner Jay enthuses about the cute girl she met while at the gym.

first-day-as-teens-comes-to-an-end.png

And with that Jay and Zach's first full day as teens comes to an end.

What will happen next?

How will Ashley's first attempt at a book turn out?

How will Zach get along with his new pen pal?

Does Jay like Sophie....*snorts* I'm sorry I couldn't type that with a straight face :p

Find out on the next episodes of....

• Options
    Silvereyes83Silvereyes83 Posts: 253 Member
    Yay, three chapters waiting for me when I log in. It's cake and the frosting and I ate it too....It's great to see the kids as teens now. Your story is great. I'm so glad you it wasn't this save that was lost, though I will miss Lyla.
  • Options
    @Silvereyes83 Thanks :) Yeah I'm glad I didn't lose the Green family as well. I miss Lyla but losing this save would have been devastating.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    *in best Oliver Twist imprssion* Please sir, can I have some more....

When we last left our golden locked couple, Jay and Zach got to enjoy their first full day as teens. Zach spent his trying out his new computer, Jay meanwhile was more productive as she went to the gym and ran into a potential girlfriend :)

start-the-day-with-a-jog.png

And as the day begins Jay is still thinking about Sophie as she goes for her morning Jog.

cassidy-makes-breakfast.png

Meanwhile Cassidy starts on breakfast.

or-at-least-tries-to.png

But like daughter like mother it seems as Ashley's thoughts are also distracted by the women she likes. And she seems determined that any activities this morning should involve lip contact :p

chat-with-jay-while-zach-reads.png

Ashley gives in to the fact that Cassidy should probably focus on the food on the stove and sits down at the table to talk to Jay after Jay gets back from her morning jog. Meanwhile Zach is content to sit on the couch and read.

family-breakfast1.png

And once Cassidy finishes making breakfast the family settles down at the table for a nice family meal.

cassidy-and-zach-play-chess.png

After breakfast Cassidy and Zach play some chess together.

ashley-gardens1.png

Ashley tends her garden

careful-to-wash-off-al-the-grime.png

And Jay takes a shower to wash off all the sweat and grime from her run because....

something-like-a-date.png

She has a date. Well more accurately she plans to hang out with Sophie, it's not really a date but Jay's hopes are high that if this goes well real dates won't be far behind :)

calling-sophie.png

And after she's showered, dressed, and has made sure she looks perfect (after all she wants to make the best possible impression today), she calls Sophie to invite her to hang out at the public pool.

at-the-pool.png

A short time later the two arrive and are quick to hop right in.

getting-to-know-sophie-a-bit-more.png

Jay takes the chance to get to know Sophie a little more.

water-fight.png

And they have a water fight.

sophie-is-having-a-good-time.png

Things seem to be going according to Jay's hopes as Sophie is having a good time.

chat-some-more-on-the-side-of-the-pool.png

After swimming for a bit the two climb up on the edge to dry off while they chat some more.

time-to-take-a-shot.png

And Jay's heart starts to race as she decides it's time to take her shot.

reveals-crush.png

As flirty as she is this is still something Jay is nervous about as she hopes desperately that Sophie likes her as well.

ask-to-be-girlfriend.png

And she finally gets the words out as she reveals her feelings to Sophie and asks her to be her girlfriend.

And then waits with bated breath for Sophie's answer.

sophie-says-yes.png

Sophie says YES!!! :D

jays-first-kiss.png

And the two share their first kiss.

so-happy.png

Jay couldn't be happier as their afternoon together comes to an end.

home-as-cassidy-starts-dinner.png

Jay arrives back home just as Cassidy starts fixing dinner.

family-again-gets-to-listen-as-jay-enthuses-about-sophie.png

And once again her family gets regaled by Jay as she enthuses about her new girlfriend.

even-homework-cant-bring-her-mood-down.png

Even homework can't bring down Jay's mood.

jay-kind-of-reminds-ashley-of-she-and-cassidy-when-they-were-young.png

After Jay and Zach finish their homework and go to bed Ashley and Cassidy remain up chatting. Ashley can't help but feel that Jay reminds her a bit of herself when she was young and first started dating Cassidy.

if-you-were-that-vocal-about-it-i-would-never-have-married-you.png

Cassidy jokingly responds that if Ashley was quite that vocal about it she would have been to embarrassed to marry her.

ashley-still-thinks-its-remeniscient.png

But Ashley still thinks it's cute and reminiscent.

and-maybe-someday-jay-and-sophie-will-be-like-this.png

Plus it's nice to think that someday Jay and Sophie might sit just like this, head over heels in love with each other the way Ashley and Cassidy are.

Cassidy can't deny that she likes that thought.

finish-the-night-discussing-other-topics.png

And as the night draws to a close Ashley changes the discussion to "other" topics :p

And that's it for this update. What will happen next?

Will Zach follow Jay's example and start his own romance?

How will Jay and Zach do as they begin their first day of high school?

Will Zach's pen pal ever respond (he sent the message yesterday and I still haven't seen anything about a response :\ )

Find out when we continue with.....

Post edited by Celiria on
  • Options
    8AmberShade88AmberShade8 Posts: 120 Member
    Aww, Jay and Sophie are so cute. Also by the way I'm loving this legacy.
    Ygritte-from-Game-of-Thrones-saying-you-know-nothing-Jon-Snow-GIF.gif

• Options
    And now it is time for..... oh plum I forgot.... what was it.... oh come on brain you knew this a minute ago.... oh right, time for....

When we last left our golden locked couple Ashley worked on her book while Jay and Sophie officially became a couple.

first-day-of-school.png

But now the weekend is over and it's time for Jay and Zach's first day of high school.

normal-exercise.png

Since she was more limited on time in order to get ready for school Jay goes back to her usual morning exercise routine instead of going for a morning jog.

no-definition.png

Meanwhile since Jay is exercising Zach continues to get the first turn in the bathroom.

I had meant for this picture to give a bit of eye candy for the female viewers of this story since there are rarely any male characters from me, but sadly it seems the lower graphic setting doesn't show the body definition very well. But I wanted to deliver eye candy and by george I'm going to. So....

eye-candy.png

I give you eye candy.

pancakes-and-off-to-school.png

WIth that done with Jay and Zach finish up getting ready and settle down to breakfast with Ashley and Cassidy before hurrying off to school.

And just as a bit of side information it seems the way grades work is the grade level goes down one level between child and teen. So Zach is back to being a B student and Jay is a C student. Lets just hope they can get their grades back up. Zach I have faith in getting his grades up again but Jay might be a bit too distracted by her new girlfriend to focus :p

tending-the-garden.png

Once the teens are off Ashley heads outside to work on her garden while Cassidy showers and gets dressed.

cassidy-waiting1.png

And as Ashley finishes she finds Cassidy waiting for her.

in-the-mood-for-morning-romance.png

While showering Cassidy got the whim to kiss her wife, and to absolutely nobodies surprise Ashley is a fan of the idea :p

whyd-cassidy-even-get-dressed.png

Also to nobodies surprise is that the two end up heading straight from the bench to the bedroom. Seriously Cassidy why'd you even bother getting dressed :p

ashleys-book.png

But it's time to sit down and focus as Ashley continues working on her comedy book while Cassidy relaxes on the bed and chats with her.

krystle-stops-by.png

As the afternoon drifts by Krystle stops by to visit.

cassidy-and-krystyle-chat-while-ashley-continues-writing.png

But since Ashley is busy writing Cassidy and Krstyle just chat on their own letting Ashley focus.

is-that-a-joke.png

And shortly after Krystle has to leave Ashley's work pays off as her first book is finally finished and gets sent off to a publisher.

Her book is titled "Is That a Joke?" a comedic romance novel about a stand up comic as she tries to win the heart of the girl of her dreams.

congratulations-from-cassidy.png

Cassidy is very proud of Ashley for finally releasing her book. Now all that's left is to wait and see how the book does.

working-on-homework.png

A short bit later Zach and Jay arrive home and get to work on their homework with Cassidy's help.

relax-for-the-rest-of-the-afternoon.png

And once they are finished Cassidy cuddles on the couch with her new author wife :)

chat-with-giancarlo.png

Meanwhile Zach gets on his computer and chats with Giancarlo. The pen pal seems to be a flop as I haven't gotten any sign of a response since Zach sent the letter :\

chat-with-sophie.png

And Jay vanishes into her room with the phone to talk to Sophie.

cassidy-makes-stir-fry.png

Cassidy pulls out all the stops as she makes some stir fry to celebrate Ashley's debut as a writer.

dinner-together-as-a-family1.png

And the family settles down for dinner together, Ashley also receives congratulations from Jay and Zach for her book :D

After that the day comes to an end as everyone heads off to bed.

What will happen next?

Will Jay and Zach get their grades back up?

How will Ashley's first book be received?

Is Cassidy now going to claim her turn to sleep with a famous author :p

• Options
    Aww, Jay and Sophie are so cute. Also by the way I'm loving this legacy.

• Options
    Warning, this episode is rated J for Jay and may be considered unsuitable for some audiences.... no not really but it sounded cool and official didn't it :p Welcome back to today's episode of....

When we last left our golden locked couple Ashley and Cassidy enjoyed some romance time together and Ashley published her first book (if only it was that easy in real life).

early-morning-run.png

As the new day begins Jay starts off by deciding that she doesn't care if her time is more limited by having to go to school, she would rather do her exercise by going for an early morning jog. So she does and I have to say Oasis Springs is pretty in the early morning.

chatting-about-mystery-novel.png

And it turns out the jog fit nicely into her schedule as she gets back in time for her turn in the bathroom while Zach chats with Cassidy on the couch about her recent mystery novel. Just make sure you're polite in any critique Zach. I get that your a bookworm now and have the ability to analyze books but this is still your mother you're talking to, plus Ashley's not far behind you making breakfast and the last way you need to start the morning is getting hit with a frying pan because you said something bad about Cassidy's book :p

In all seriousness Zach enjoyed the book so he had nothing but praise about it for Cassidy.

quick-meal-with-parents.png

So the family is able to happily relax and enjoy their morning meal together.

gardening-time1.png

And the teens head off to school. And as usual that means it's time for Ashley to take care of her gardening.

mystery-sequel.png

Meanwhile Cassidy after being praised on her mystery novel decides to turn it into a series and gets started on a sequel.

cassidy-helps-with-harvest.png

But after a couple hours or typing she decides to take a break and help Ashley finish the gardening for the day.

together-time-for-the-rest-of-the-afternoon.png

Which allowed the two to relax and cuddle on the couch together for the rest of the afternoon.

Meanwhile at school Zach ran into some trouble with a test.

library-trip.png

So after school Zach and Jay made a trip to the library. Zach was determined to study and do better for the next test.

Admittedly Jay had some ulterior motives.

studying-not-her-primary-goal.png

Any excuse she could find to spend the afternoon with Sophie was fine with her :p even if homework was involved.

zach-focused-jay-not.png

So the three sat down out back of the library and chatted as they worked on homework. Zach focused on his homework, Jay not so much :p

Just to point out Sophie and Zach did chat a little bit and Zach seemed to get along with her fine, so brotherly approval is confirmed, not that it would stop Jay if he didn't approve for some bizarre reason.

maya-harp.png

But Zach's primary focus was still on studying, and just as Zach was starting to be a bit of a bummer on what Jay was viewing as a study date (while Zach viewed it as just studying) an interesting twist got thrown into the works, and to be clear in that picture while you can't see it she is looking straight at Zach.

what-do-we-have-here.png

Jay noticed her as she walked out, and the way the girl was looking at Zach, and the way that Zach looked back.... you can just see the flirty cogs spinning in Jay's head as she gets an idea :p

with-encouragement-from-jay.png

And going with her idea Jay encourages Zach to go talk to the girl. He's a touch resistant at first but Jay is quick to point out who the one with the current girlfriend is as she shoves him outside the gate to go talk to the pretty girl.

It turns out her name is Maya Harp. And she's a bookworm like Zach. Seriously this family lines luck with meeting people astounds me.

zach-seems-happy.png

And Zach seems to loosen up a bit and is enjoying himself as well.

jay-peeks.png

And from where she is peeking from around the gate Jay is happy for her brother as well. Though like with the trip to the library this happiness comes with ulterior motives.

with-zach-away-the-girls-will-play.png

Because with Zach out of the way the girls will play

And any semblance of actual studying goes out the window :p

But both Jay and Zach seem to be having a good time so I see no problem with that, they can catch up on their schoolwork later.

finishing-uncomplete-homework.png

And that they do as once they finally get home the two settle down to finish their homework.

cassidy-making-pasta.png

As they do that Cassidy works on making spaghetti for dinner.

sisterly-teasing.png

And over dinner like any good sister would, Jay teases Zach about Maya much to his embarrassment.

ashley-and-cassidys-interest-is-peaked.png

And of course to Ashley and Cassidy's interest, as they are immediately curious about this girl Zach met.

See what you did Jay, admittedly she's probably sitting back at this point enjoying her brothers blushing. His face was probably the same shade as his hair :p

time-for-the-talk.png

But there has to be a serious note to all of this. And since both of their kids are now dating (well Jay is dating, Zach hasn't quite gotten there yet but if things work out like I'm hoping he and Maya will be a couple soon enough) Ashley and Cassidy feel it is time for...... the talk.

awkward.png

And Jay and Zach take it about like you would expect :p

thats-a-night.png

And after that wonderfully awkward conversation everyone heads to bed as we finish up the day.

And that's it for this episode.

Have we found a girlfriend for Zach?

Does this mean more date time and less studying for Sophie and Jay?

Will Jay and Zach ever recover from the talk?

I hope everyone enjoyed today's episode and happy simming.
  • Options
    9 our of 10 doctors recommend a daily dose of....

When we last left our golden locked couple Zach met a pretty girl at the library named Maya. And Jay poked fun at him about it :p

usual-morning-jog.png

As the new day begins Jay goes for her morning jog like usual while Zach is taking his turn in the bathroom.

extra-credit.png

Then Zach works on extra credit while Jay takes her turn.

breakfast-together1.png

And the family relaxes over breakfast until the kids head off to school.

continuing-the-mystery-novel.png

Once the teens are gone Cassidy sits down to work on finishing her current mystery novel.

gardening-and-royalties.png

Meanwhile Ashley works on her garden. While she's doing that the royalties for her romantic comedy novel arrives earning her $176. Not bad for her first book. Meanwhile Cassidy's writing is earning around $1200 per day :p admittedly Cassidy has a lot more books she's getting royalties for.

starts-on-a-sequel.png

And emboldened by her success Ashley starts on a sequel as soon as she finishes with her garden.

museum-of-death-published.png

Cassidy finishes her mystery sequel "Museum of Death." Wherein we follow our chef turned detective heroine from the first book as she deals with her first real case since the bakery incident.

how-about-a-break.png

And ready to relax after finishing her book Cassidy goes to see if Ashley is interested in a break from writing. Hmmmm, tough question. Writing, beautiful wife, writing, beautiful wife....

did-anyone-actually-think-ashley-would-say-no.png

Did anyone really think Ashley would say no :p

chess-for-the-afternoon.png

And after that they enjoyed playing chess for the afternoon. Funny usually chess leads to fun in the bedroom for them, not the other way around :p

back-to-the-library.png

Meanwhile as school comes to an end for the day Zach is back at the library to study (though something tells me he is hoping to run into a certain bespectacled girl :p )

*director's sign drops down* Of course, you know his motivations for going. You're the one playing the game.

*facepalm* yes but there's also this thing called flair. It's not as interesting if I just say it bluntly. By the way where have you been, I haven't seen you in a bit.

*director's sign drops down* management says we are over budget on this production and has cut back on our funding for signs.

Really?

*director nods*

And you're out of signs now aren't you.

*director nods*

Any idea when you'll be able to get more

*director shrugs*

Ever consider just talking normally?

*director shakes head*

Fine whatever back to the show.

As said Zach headed to the library partially in hope of running into the cute girl from the day before.....

look-who-is-here.png

And much to his joy look who is here :)

Meanwhile Jay is at home studying..... Bwahahahahaha yeah right. We all know that isn't likely

jay-is-home-studying-yeah-right.png

Does this really surprise anyone :p

Jay really is reminiscent of Ashley. Study, beautiful girlfriend, study, beautiful girlfriend. the result is obvious.

chatting-while-working-on-homework.png

And back at the library Zach and Maya sit together to chat while Zach works on his homework.

meanwhile-outside.png

Meanwhile back outside.

maya-is-enjoying-time-with-zach.png

And back inside Zach and Maya are still chatting.

im-noticing-a-difference.png

And back outside....

I'm starting to notice a difference here :p

And as it starts to get late Sophie has to head home.

jay-sees-zach-and-maya.png

And as Jay starts to do the same she spots her brother and Maya outside the library.

And being the romantic she is she can't resist watching the fireworks :)

just-goodbye.png

Or lack thereof as Zach simply says goodbye.

dissapointed.png

And Jay watches as Maya walk off.

jay-wants-details.png

Zach is then caught off guard as his sister walks up. And Jay wants details. How did the date go? Did he kiss her? You know the fun stuff :p

just-talked.png

To which Zach replies that they just talked.

whats-wrong-with-you.png

To which Jay's response is to berate him along the lines of "What is wrong with you" "she likes you you dolt" and "how can you just let her walk off like that" You know the usual stuff :p

go-for-it.png

Followed up by a pep talk about how he can do it and he needs to tell Maya how he feels.

fired-up.png

And it seems to be working as Zach seems fired up to go for it.

hey-maya.png

Encouraged by Jay's pep talk Zach hurries to catch up to Maya....

lame-comment.png

And completely flops as he ends up just giving some lame comment.

sad-again.png

And as he walks off it seems Maya is a bit sad that Zach doesn't seem interested in her the way she is in him.

i-cant-believe-you.png

As the siblings head home Jay berates Zach again about the same thing. Maya clearly wants Zach to make a move but he keeps chickening out.

nervous.png

But Zach is just nervous about the idea of telling Maya he likes her.

Frustrated by her brothers inability to grow a backbone Jay just shakes her head and goes inside the house....

lecture-about-grades.png

Where it becomes her turn to be lectured.

Jay's grades have been dropping as a result of her being distracted by Sophie and Cassidy isn't happy about it. And she tells Jay that if she doesn't keep her grades up she isn't going to be allowed to see Sophie until they are.

quiet-family-dinner.png

And they end up having a very quiet family dinner as Jay is irritated with Cassidy over the threatened dating restriction and Zach is still feeling awkward about the whole Maya situation.

sorry-for-yelling-but-you-need-to-keep-your-grades-up.png

After dinner while Jay is getting ready for bed Cassidy goes into her room to talk to her. She makes it clear she understands what it's like to be in love and that she does want Jay to be happy but that grades are important as well. She's not expecting Jay to be a perfect student but decent grades need to be maintained.

things-are-happy-again.png

Jay understands and agrees to make sure to maintain her grades.

And everything is happy again between mother and daughter in the Green household.

end-of-long-day.png

And with that this long day in the lives of the Green family finishes up.

What will happen next?

Will Jay be able to keep her grades up at at least a B level?

Will Zach ever get the courage to confess his feelings to Maya?

Will we ever get to see Giancarlo and Elaine again since they've kind of been bumped aside by all the romance? (don't worry they'll be back)

Find out when we continue with the next episodes of....

• Options
    *terminator voice* I'll be back.... oh wait..... *back to terminator voice* we are back..... :\ no doesn't have quite the same ring but either way time for more....

When we last left our golden locked couple Jay got annoyed with Zach for his inability to man up and ask Maya out, and Cassidy got annoyed with Jay for the complete opposite issue :p Seriously it's kind of funny when you think about it, one gets yelled at for being to nervous to go out the other gets yelled at for going out too much :p

catching-up.png

And in response to that Jay ends up having to skip her morning jog to get caught up on the homework she didn't do because she was busy making out with Sophie the day before, though in Jay's defense kissing Sophie was likely a lot more fun than whatever her science teacher assigned :p

zach-studies-as-well.png

And once Jay finishes and takes her turn to shower Zach studies as well though on a more voluntary basis

time-for-breakfast.png

And with school work out of the way the family enjoys breakfast together before Jay and Zach head off to school.

gardening.png

After which Ashley does her gardening as usual.

guitar-and-bad-news.png

Cassidy decides to play her guitar a bit to pass the morning since she isn't in the mood to start a new book yet.

flop.png

But some bad news comes in while she is playing. Her new book "Museum of Death" is a complete flop bringing in no royalties at all. Cassidy is a bit taken aback by this as she worked hard on the book as well as the fact that this is her first book to fail.

cheer-up-hugs.png

But luckily she has Ashley to sit with her and giver her cheer up hugs :) always useful when your feeling down.

now-smile.png

And if that doesn't work Ashley will make her smile by force :p

trip-to-the-park1.png

Cassidy is feeling a bit better but to help take her mind completely off her book Ashley decides it's a good time for them to go on a date to the park.

chess-game2.png

They settle down and play chess for a bit.

Sadly they kept getting disrupted by npc's walking up to try and chat with them (seriously someone needs to make a mod to stop this or Maxis needs to fix it, I don't really care which) which in turn makes Cassidy uncomfortable due to her loner trait.

retreat-to-quiet-corner-of-the-park.png

So the two retreat to quiet corner of the park away from the other people.

cassidy-is-feeling-much-better.png

And all of Cassidy's worries are washed away as she just relaxes with Ashley among the flowers.

bench-with-an-ignored-view.png

And the two settle down on a bench overlooking a nice view. Though the view gets ignored since their focus appears to be elsewhere.

jay-and-zach-do-homework.png

Back at the house Jay and Zach arrive home while their parents are still out and they get to work on their homework. Jay as always isn't overly enthused about working on schoolwork but she prefers it over losing her dating privileges. Homework and occasional kisses from Sophie is better than stuck in the house doing homework with no kisses from Sophie :p

more-extra-credit1.png

Once homework is done Zach decides to work on some extra credit as he is still trying to get back up to his A grade.

jay-chats-with-sophie.png

Meanwhile Jay settles down onto her bed with the phone to talk to Sophie. Nobody can say Jay is inattentive as a girlfriend :p

diferent-outfit.png

Meanwhile Ashley and Cassidy get home from their date..... and Ashley has changed outfits and both of them are feeling flirty....

The implications about this are a bit awkward. This means at some point since I switched to Jay and Zach, Ashley not only must have taken off her clothes but they both did something to put themselves in a flirty mood O.o I mean I knew they were frisky but wow. And not just that but where at the park would they even go about that? And how the plum did Ashley convince Cassidy into the idea to begin with? Cassidy isn't even comfortable with heavy public displays of affection and I'm pretty sure this goes way past that.... you know what, I'm just not going to think about it to hard. I'm just going to stick with the fact that they apparently woohooed in a public place and not worry about the details or implications.

Also let's hope Jay and Zach never learn of this or they might die of embarrassment (thankfully they actually won't as I have a wonderful mod that removes that particular gameplay aspect).

ashley-fixes-dinner.png

And once inside Ashley fixes dinner.

family-dinner.png

And the family sits down to dinner, meanwhile my mind is dwelling on what the conversation must be like.

Zach: So Mom how was your day.

Cassidy: It was fine honey.

Jay: Did you guys do anything fun on your date.

Cassidy: *blushes*

Ashley: Nothing major, just the usual *slight smirk*

:p

another-chess-game.png

After dinner Cassidy and Zach enjoy a game of chess.

ashley-and-jay-chat.png

Meanwhile Jay and Ashley sit on the couch watching sports and chatting.

another-day-down.png

And as it gets late everyone heads off to bed finishing off another day.

What will happen next?

Will Jay and Zach ever learn about the antics at the park (dear plum I hope not, they thought the talk was awkward but that has nothing on learning your parents went at it at the local park).

Will Zach get his A grade?

Can Jay keep up with her grades enough to maintain her dating priviliges?