Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 won't launch

FrIENDLYF1R3FrIENDLYF1R3 Posts: 11 New Member
edited September 2014 in PC - Technical Discussions
The sims 4 won't launch.
I clicked play and the task manager shows TS4.exe and the mouse loads for a few seconds and after that they both disappears and nothing happen.
There are many people having this issue and i've tried everything(reinstall windows,offline mode,reinstalling origin and sim 4)and nothing works.
This isn't our computers problem.It is the game's problem.So stop telling me to ask the game advicer or it's my computer's problem.

So will there be a patch to fix this problem?
Post edited by FrIENDLYF1R3 on

Comments

• Options
    FetchaleyFetchaley Posts: 6 New Member
    i've made several posts about this as well and tried everything hopefully they will patch soon
  • Options
    Yea they better be
  • Options
    simonevans1963simonevans1963 Posts: 206 Member
    edited September 2014
    I had this problem and following a comment somewhere else discovered my Norton antivirus/firewall was blocking it. My game launches fine if I switch my antivirus and firewalls off, or if I adjust my settings so that the firewall allows the game. Maybe this is your problem too?
  • Options
    nah that doesn't work
  • Options
    KjrockPlayerKjrockPlayer Posts: 305 Member
    Are you playing your game with run as administrator ticked if'so try unticking it that should help the game and I normaly do it with every game I get but when I did it for sims 4 my game could not load I unticked it and game run's fine now
  • Options
    No doesn't work either
  • Options
    Still no EA official response regarding this issue
    sigh...
  • Options
    FetchaleyFetchaley Posts: 6 New Member
    yup its pathetic
  • Options
    Guess this problem will exist even after the mac version is out:(
  • Options
    Kaceface1992Kaceface1992 Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm having the same issue after the required update was downloaded and ran. Even the download itself (via origin) took like 10 tries to finally work. I had to restart origin or my computer, i can't remember, to get it to install. Afterwards, game was glitchy and when it DID launch i had extremely long loading screens. I'm talking over 10 minutes sometimes. Then, a couple indefinite load screens causing me to exit the game via Task Manager. Now it doesn't launch at all.
  • Options
    answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-wont-start/td-p/3453917/page/10
    Now at least i can see 'something' pop up using the comodo sanbox(look at link)but than the activationUI said that "we are unable to connect to EA servers to activate The sims 4 limited edition on this computer using your account"

Sigh
  • Options
    DinosinaspaceshipDinosinaspaceship Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried a crap load of stuff and finally got mine working again. It involved doing this. Uninstalling and reinstalling origin. And ultimately uninstalling and reinstalling sims 4. I disable all my virus protection and firewalls because after reinstalling it still wasn't working. Then cleared all SIMS 4 cache and origin cache. I also am running origin in offline mode. I don't know if it's a combination of the few things but it took forever to get back up and running and I know it's not my computer because it's top of the line and I don't have any other problems with any other games. Especially ones that run on steam. So happy to be playing again but it's after 1 am and I have to go to bed haha. Hopefully it works tomorrow and you guys resolve the issue as well!
  • Options
    Good for you
    But still no luck for me:(
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Good for you<br />
    But still no luck for me:(

Have you tried "Repair Game"?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yep tried that already
  • Options
    Also i tried reinstalling window 8 and still nothing
  • Options
    EshnicEshnic Posts: 59 Member
    I tried everything that has been mentioned in the forums, except ending origin.exe in the task manager. I just saw that this morning so I'm going to try that next if the game will even fully launch. I contacted EA support last week and they said my pc is above the minimum rec specs, the only thing the tech encouraged was for me to see if I can update my processor, but unless someone on here knows otherwise that sounds expensive.
    The "second tier" EA tech looked at my specs and said they should definitely run the game, and they did for the first couple of days. I even sent my msinfo so that she could see the reason that windows keeps crashing, but I haven't heard from her in spite of 2 emails sent to her. Smh.
    I gave it a rest trying to even start the game for the latter part of the week so I'm going to see if I can make something happen today.
    Like it's already been mentioned, this issue CANNOT possibly be everyone's computer, there is something wrong on EA's side of things. Either the game is faulty or Origin is. I'm hoping that EA fixes this issue because I've been a dedicated Simmer since Sims 1 and I'd hate to have to end things this way.
  • Options
    ConfuzzledOneConfuzzledOne Posts: 10 New Member
    My game wouldn't launch either. When I'd try, I got absolutely no response.. I opened Origin and noticed that my game had apparently been updating and was paused at 99%. Once I completed the update, no more problems! :smile: Hope that may help anyone else that finds this thread like I did.
  • Options
    KrazyKrazy Posts: 30 New Member
    Getting this issue myself. None of the fixes mentioned here and elsewhere seem to work. Getting really frustrated =/
  • Options
    SIMSSSSSSSSSiMiSIMSSSSSSSSSiMi Posts: 1 New Member
    Why does the emulator failed to launch?!!! What is the main problem of this game -_- and what should i do??! I'm very 🐸🐸🐸🐸 of with this game -_- my patience just totally worn off!
  • Options
    SimF555SimF555 Posts: 1 New Member
    Having the same issue. It worked fine when I first got the game and then I updated it (before they added pools) and it just won't load properly. It starts up and I get the Maxis sign and then I get the message 'Sims 4 has stopped working'. I have tried everything they say on the Forums and tried to contact EA who seem useless. Any ideas? I miss Sims 3 already. Never had this problem and the game was a million times better..
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    I was having that issue until I restarted my computer and made sure Origin cache files and my Sims 4 caches files were deleted. Though now I'm dealing with my game constantly stop working and crashing :\
  • Options
    VoarkinVoarkin Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys. I don't post very often on forums. I have been truly frustrated like you guys. I did some home style troubleshooting and found that programs with in-game layover or have remote control of the game was causing issues with lots of the games on my pc. I had 2 programs, Overwolf, and Raptr on my PC. I force closed Raptr and instantly my Sims 4 worked fine! I figured it was time to ditch both of those, they were just causing too many issues. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    AnaEloskaAnaEloska Posts: 8 New Member
    For anyone who still has this problem, what worked for me was going into task manager and scrolling down till i found The Sims 4 in background processes. For me, I guess Sims just didn't close completely for me.
  • Options
    Gravekeeper2112Gravekeeper2112 Posts: 3 New Member
    Solution: Select Windows 7 Compatability Mode for Sim 4 Start Error (Even in a Windows 7 environment)

We were having this problem with TS4. Origin would start up but everytime we would try to launch Sims 4 It would crash and ask to close or restart origin. Disabling Anti-Virus and reinstalling do nothing. The error log mentions that at the point that Sims 4 is trying to load, either Sim 4 or Origin can't find a 32 or 64-bit Operating System which is stupid because it's installed on Win7 and neither program had any problem installing on my phantom operating system. Anyway after fiddling with it possibly being the graphics card, I decided to go into the Sims 4 desktop icon's properties and select "Windiws 7" compatability mode (didn't need to use "start as an Administator" at all). After making Sims 4 run in Windows 7 compatability ON Windows 7, (?????), the game finally started up.

Hope this Helps somebody