Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do Sims get fat after pregnancy?

One of my Sims get a little fat after her second child, I'm trying to verify if it was from the pregnancy, because i'm pretty sure she is eating healthy and only when she is hungry. Is this a new secret feature?
eBeOEPN.png

Comments

• Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Mine doesn't. She loses weight.
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    I've seen some say theirs have and some haven't. I haven't had a pregnant sim yet.
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    Sims are always hungry while pregnant. If you're like me and have to make sure all bars are green... you will feed your sim and that's where she gains weight. My sim had 2 babies and now she is rather plump but she ate a lot of goodies while pregnant BUT she was hungry! lol.
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    I don't think it's the pregnancy doing it. Do a lot of jogging and hit the treadmill. I had a Sim couple gain a lot of weight when they hit middle age. I'd sort of neglected their exercise regimen and as soon as I started them back up, they lost the weight. But it needs to be frequent at first then a bit less so for maintenance.
  • Options
    EzebitEzebit Posts: 39 Member
    Ive been reading a lot about it and I think is related to the food they eat. My sim had a baby and she didnt get fat at all =( so I am giving ger burgers and a lot of junk food to see what happens.
    I will post a pic if I see she changes.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    The founder of my legacy got really fat after having three kids, but I think it is because the game has a system in place that makes your sim gain weight if they do not exercise, so I don't know if pregnancy had any influence on that or if it was just because I didn't tell my her to exercise during all the time she was pregnant.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    devilchild803devilchild803 Posts: 48 Member
    One of my sims was definitely bigger after her two pregnancies, both of which happened while she was still a young adult. I had another sim who I didn't notice weight gain with, but she was already quite large before then so I can't say for sure whether she didn't gain any or if I just didn't notice.
  • Options
    Missa_SissaMissa_Sissa Posts: 328 Member
    I have noticed that after my Sim had her first baby she lost her main baby weight, but she still weighed more than she did when I created her. So I think so.
  • Options
    VehritasVehritas Posts: 146 Member
    My Sim is a Foodie, and she barely ever eats salads. She gained some weight after the first baby but I sent her to work out a few times and lost it. Oddly, she lost weight after having the second baby. I'm not sure how that works, but, hey, maybe she's just that desperate to stay away from all exercise equipment.
  • Options
    SuperKamakasy64SuperKamakasy64 Posts: 112 Member
    We need a mythbuster to break this one :D
    eBeOEPN.png
  • Options
    Klaw01Klaw01 Posts: 117 Member
    edited September 2014
    New moms do gain after pregnancy, at least from what I've seen and experienced. Ferocious appetite during and after.

My mom sim seemed to lose weight quickly. Still had the ferocious appetite though.
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    Mine seemed to but she was also busy taking care of the baby and going to work so there was no time for the gym.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    GurlieMacaGurlieMaca Posts: 44 Member
    My two sims absolutely gained weight after their pregnancies. My one sim didn't exercise at all during it and her belly was BIG by the end. My other sim right now has a smaller belly at the end of her trimester but she's an active sim and has been exercising throughout the whole thing for her second child. I kind of love the realism that this brings. I finally got my firs sim to lose her pregnancy weight by using the treadmill often. Thankfully with the multitasking she also watches the cooking channel which makes her gain fun at the same time and improves both skills.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited September 2014
    My Sim just had a baby and she's still super slim after giving birth. I had her go jogging every single day while she was pregnant though. I have all of my Sims go jogging once per day, as part of their morning wake-up routine (wake up, use toilet, take a brisk shower, go jogging, then eat breakfast). I added jogging to their routine because one of my Sims had gotten really...chunky.

This is a photo of her the day she gave birth:
    tumblr_nbkd00r8Hj1tkpp11o2_1280.jpg
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    carby84carby84 Posts: 86 Member
    I definitely think it's a food/no exercise thing. I have a male Sims that had no time to work out when he started his job and he got quite round until I was able to work time in to get him on a treadmill. My female Sims on the other hand has stayed thin despite having a child, and worked out through the whole thing.
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    Mine got chubby after having three kids. I didn't notice it until right before the third kid because her elbows got dimples! So cute!

Now that she is done having babies, I'm going to have her slim down a little bit. The funny thing is her husband is a glutton and I've been having him eat all of the time and he simply is not gaining any weight! That is frustrating because I want him to have a little pot belly. He is only seven to eight days away from being an elder after all.
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    They do. I had an hour glass figure Sim- beautiful as ever. (Maybe I should pic her?) anywho- I made her my tester Sim. I named her Elsa and she was to have as many babies as she could and not work out (no jogging, exercising, anything) until she had a girl. Originally I did not have a rule about exercising, it wasn't until after the second son was born, that I noticed she was definitively bigger-so I wouldn't let her exercise, I wanted to see if it was my eyes playing tricks on me. It wasn't. But I had boys up until I played with her. The first baby was OK- it was a boy. The second baby was a boy too-After that baby was born-she was waay bigger. By the third pregnancy- she was a straight blob. No more curves- her butt was a double wide trailer. And after the babies were born, she still looked pregnant! I might try the experiment again with foods, to see if there is a "sway method" to it as well. The third pregnancy was twin girls. THANK the Sim gods, because she looked like she was about to explode out of her clothes. Now- also this is my 2nd Sim who had a baby. I had another Sim (my legacy starter) who gave birth to 3 sons before her and never gained a pound. Ate all the same food... BUT I had her jogging daily. I restricted Elsa from jogging until she had her daughters- as soon as she started (within 3 days) she was right back down to her original weight. Best way to go I think- get a bunch of women and one man- who loves women. impregnate all of them- have the social worker take the babies- There might be a sway method involved with salad and eggs (just throwing it out there) I am getting bored with the game now- so I am thinking about giving it a go. But I definitely noticed a change with the Sim bodies after pregnancy.
  • Options
    MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
    Mine lose weight beleive it or not. idk if it's a glitch or what. I'll make a not super fat but my skinny sim every once and a while, and I usually make all my main females have a child. They always go from a little big to skinny!
  • Options
    irishgurl2978irishgurl2978 Posts: 267 Member
    Mine lose weight but I think it's because I make them jog while they are pregnant lol.
  • Options
    blacerdamullerblacerdamuller Posts: 57 Member
    Yes. My sim (that was me :3) got fat like a pig :(
  • Options
    emmasims199emmasims199 Posts: 96 Member
    What I have seen with doing the 100 baby challenge is that sims that breastfed gain wait and sims who don't do not gain weight. I could be wrong but this is what i have found during the 100 baby challenge. My first sim in the first generation breastfed very baby and since she had 23 babies she has grown very heavy, but with the second generation I have not breastfed at all and my sim has been the same even after 17 babies.
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I have had one sim get much chubbier after back to back pregnancies. Generally not, though.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    wistfoolwistfool Posts: 74 Member
    Mine gained weight AND lost the shape of her chest (went from being average and perky to large and droopy). It was the best thing to have happened in my game. :smiley:
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    People in real life can end up larger after pregnancy, and with many pregnancies and aging, sims also get fatter (have you ever switched between teen/ya/adult/elder in cas with the same sim? You'll notice that they naturally get wider as they get older as well).
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Almost year old thread, seems legit.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top