Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the baby gender thing a bug?

I have had 3 families have babies. One had 2 boys, one had 3 girls, my third has had two boys so far. I have seen some people report that they have had all of one gender in their game, but anyone found that it's all of one gender per family, not necessarily the entire game? Have I run into an issue or am I just having weird luck?

Comments

• Options
    sineadxoxosineadxoxo Posts: 11 New Member
    I was wondering that too because my Sims had 3 girls in a row but then we had a boy. So probably just a coincidence!
  • Options
    ReidStringBeanReidStringBean Posts: 5 New Member
    My sim family had a boy and then had a little girl.
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    Every single family in my game has had only boys.
  • Options
    TsutaTsuta Posts: 63 Member
    > @ReidStringBean said:
    > My sim family had a boy and then had a little girl.
    Exactly what occurred in my game.
  • Options
    VehritasVehritas Posts: 146 Member
    I hope it's just coincidence and totally random. My family has had two boys so far. I'm very much hoping the third will be a girl.
  • Options
    xsophiex9999xsophiex9999 Posts: 167 Member
    I have made 2 families so far in the game and have had 8 babies between them. Each time in the game I have had boy,girl,boy,girl :P
    vht3wy.jpg
  • Options
    MBBMVADERMBBMVADER Posts: 313 Member
    I've had one boy and two girls. Can't complain :p
    tumblr_m7r6bjtGka1rou289o1_500.gif
  • Options
    esiobhanesiobhan Posts: 39 Member
    Okay so I've kept playing my third family. They now have FOUR boys. So that's one family with two boys, one with three girls and now one with four boys. This cannot be a coincidence right?
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    > @esiobhan said:
    > Okay so I've kept playing my third family. They now have FOUR boys. So that's one family with two boys, one with three girls and now one with four boys. This cannot be a coincidence right?

Sure it can. Whether it is a bug or not, I couldn't say, but but it's certainly within the bounds of probability.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Alright I have 6 boys now in the third house. There is a1.5% chance of that happening, so yes, while it is within the bounds of probability (as is any combination of genders, obviously), given neither of my other two households have had a household that had both genders, I'm really getting concerned. And annoyed.

I've never had a sims house have more than 3 of a gender I don't believe (in a row). Much less 6.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Here's my experience. Before trying for a baby, I had a preset nursery with a blue bassinet. Upon trying for a baby and getting pregnant, no matter the game save and reloads, would always be a boy born. Then I hear someone suggest the bassinet's color might be the deciding factor. So to test that out, I redid the nursery with this time, a pink bassinet, then tried for a baby. The result was I got a girl. So if you are using just 1 color bassinet every time you make a kid, you will keep getting that gender. However, it is believed that the green one is the RNG, in that you have a chance for either a boy or a girl.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    LightdreamLightdream Posts: 113 Member
    Not me i get boys and girls.
  • Options
    @nilanius that's really interesting! I checked and I DO have a blue bassinet. I looked back through my pics. The three girls were born in yellow bassinets. The first three boys in this family were born in yellow bassinets but the last three had a blue one.
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    i mean it's 50/50 and i think some people are just getting unlucky with how the coin is rolling
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    esiobhan wrote: »
    @nilanius that's really interesting! I checked and I DO have a blue bassinet. I looked back through my pics. The three girls were born in yellow bassinets. The first three boys in this family were born in yellow bassinets but the last three had a blue one.

Yeah I am suspecting yellow and green are the random chance. With probably like yellow has a greater chance of a girl but can still produce boys, and green has a greater chance of boys but can produce girls, while pink and blue seem to be the 100% chance of your desired gender.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    I had two boys at first and thought this was happening to me to until I finally got a girl! Sim is pregnant again so who knows :) Hoping for a girl again to even it out.
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    this is just a theory . the gender might be related to which population is running low. so if the town is short on girls you get girls and if the town is running out of boys you get boys,
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    nilanius wrote: »

Yeah I am suspecting yellow and green are the random chance. With probably like yellow has a greater chance of a girl but can still produce boys, and green has a greater chance of boys but can produce girls, while pink and blue seem to be the 100% chance of your desired gender.

Hum! Thank you! I will have to check out this theory for I have had the yellow bassinet and had 6 girls so far, no boys at all!
    Making note to try it out tomorrow! :D

• Options
    megan822megan822 Posts: 19 Member
    > @nilanius said:
    > Here's my experience. Before trying for a baby, I had a preset nursery with a blue bassinet. Upon trying for a baby and getting pregnant, no matter the game save and reloads, would always be a boy born. Then I hear someone suggest the bassinet's color might be the deciding factor. So to test that out, I redid the nursery with this time, a pink bassinet, then tried for a baby. The result was I got a girl. So if you are using just 1 color bassinet every time you make a kid, you will keep getting that gender. However, it is believed that the green one is the RNG, in that you have a chance for either a boy or a girl.

I had a boy born in a pink bassinet
  • Options
    VadimayVadimay Posts: 11 New Member
    i have been trying to get boys for one of my families or what feels like forever! i have had 11 girls, i haven't saved the last 4 sets of girl twins as i just really want some boys!!!! i have yellow bassinets, so i don't think it is that it is really starting to feel like a glitch. i don't mean to be a downer but this is feel like the last straw for me with this game! all the fun has come out of it (vampires/ aliens and silliness) and its not even as advanced at the sims 3 world.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    7 girls (2 pairs of twins) and 2 boys here. Want the apple cheat back.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I have had 3 families have babies. One had 2 boys, one had 3 girls, my third has had two boys so far. I have seen some people report that they have had all of one gender in their game, but anyone found that it's all of one gender per family, not necessarily the entire game? Have I run into an issue or am I just having weird luck?

I've been playing for a while. One thing I've learned. Delete the previous bassinet from you household inventory. You will have a nice random chiild birth thing happen. For me, it appears to have something to do with the colour of the bassinet in your inventory/household inventory.

Just get rid of it. You will have much better randomness..
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited October 2014
    Lightests wrote: »
    i mean it's 50/50 and i think some people are just getting unlucky with how the coin is rolling

18 twins in a row that happened to a player is not "unlucky" but is a bug.
    Random generator code gets stuck for currently unknown reasons and won't generate a new value. In fact the game behaves like it's skipping the generator code completely and is using the value already set. How to unstuck it is also not known.
    If it's worth, the generator doesn't have to be stuck in a new game, for the player with 18 twins the generator is acting normally in a new game.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My Sims had two girls, then they had their first boy. The only thing I did different that I can remember is that when the boy was conceived I had my Sim husband do the "Try for Baby" interaction with his wife; the first two times she did the interaction with him. Probably just coincidence though, but I was very glad to see little Brandon! B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    I don't think the bassinet determining the gender is right cause I got 2 boys with a pink one! Lol x
    Gallery xbecky685x