Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UI too tiny?

Trying to play the game on 3600x1920 resolution (almost 4K) but the UI is tiny.

Shouldn't there be an option to force all UI elements at least to stay expanded since there's so much room its all wasted without a UI that scales to large screens?
Forum needs a Sympathy option to add to disagree (automatic), Agree (after finding proof of statement elsewhere), Like (not sure what this is for other than sympathy comments to OPs that done a bad), and LOL (at oblivious people posting comments fishing for sympathy).

Comments

• Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited October 2014
    Exactly. I don't need that many objects displayed in a row. Make them bigger please.

10-13-14_2-59amk7pud.jpg
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Amen! A recolor option would be nice, bigger type would be amazing... i have to position something solid and dark colored behind the clock to be able to read it. White on gray... possibly NOT the best color combo choice ever. A fix, ANY fix, would be great!
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Sorry guys but perhaps you're asking too much.
    The graphics is outdated in Sims 4 so IMO you should drop the resolution to max 1080p. At least till it's addressed with an update.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    yea its a resolution thing, you can change your own display if you like, making fonts bigger or you can use monitor glasses like i do :) good luck
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    Yeah, I wish there was a way to make just the UI bigger, and keep the sims game sharp. When I lower the resolution everything gets blurrier.
  • Options
    MulciberMulciber Posts: 2 New Member
    Maybe the problem was solved since the last post but otherwise I just found a simple setting in the Options.ini file located in the Sims 4 folder (something like "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4").

Edit/modify the said file and the the 6th line should read:

uiscale = 100

Make it 50 to (at least) double the scale of the UI and enjoy your UHD/4k screen!
  • Options
    LoxrieLoxrie Posts: 7 New Member
    Mulciber wrote: »
    Maybe the problem was solved since the last post but otherwise I just found a simple setting in the Options.ini file located in the Sims 4 folder (something like "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4").

uiscale = 100

Make it 50 to (at least) double the scale of the UI and enjoy your UHD/4k screen!

Thank you!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Loxrie wrote: »
    Mulciber wrote: »

uiscale = 100

Thank you!

Hello @Loxrie
    There can be issues when taking photos or doing painting by reference paintings when you change the ui setting If these issues occur in your game, you may need to change the setting back .
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    Trying to play the game on 3600x1920 resolution (almost 4K) but the UI is tiny.

Shouldn't there be an option to force all UI elements at least to stay expanded since there's so much room its all wasted without a UI that scales to large screens?

What's your Windows UI scaling set to?

I play at 3840 x 2160 and it's not as bad as people are saying
  • Options
    uhriahxuhriahx Posts: 5 New Member
    @Loxrie Thank you sooooooooo much. I have not played the Sims 4 in about a year because of the small UI. Thank you for giving me one of my favorite games back! May Yah bless you!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I just wish the icons of my Sims wouldn't squish down so small, once the household has reached 8 in number. Makes it very hard to distinguish which child is which. LOL Oi! I'm not even certain new glasses would help!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    This thread is from 2014, shouldn’t necropost old threads
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    This thread is a bit old (so I've closed it) but I'm super glad this helped you out @uhriahx. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top