Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Saved game gone?! :(

Comments

• Options
    BritsterBritster Posts: 3 New Member
    I've already replied on two other threads. But I clearly see that we are being ignored. I'm not trying to troll or spam. But I'm upset. We paid a lot of money for this game, and this has happened to me twice now. I work very hard, and when I take time to play a game, I expect it to work, I expect it to have little to no issues, because you're supposed to be putting out a finished product. The fact that there are many of us having this same issue, means something needs to happen on your end, EA, Origin...Also, if any of you have tips on how, if possible, to recover lost games, let the rest us know please.
  • Options
    PolarBabePolarBabe Posts: 116 Member
    I'm having this problem, too. I played all weekend, because I just got the game. Lost all of my progress. My sim had gone really far in art, and there were pretty paintings all over her house. She'd accomplished quite a lot. The fixes aren't working for me, either. Since the game had already been out a while, I didn't even worry about an issue like this. What is going on at EA?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2014
    PolarBabe wrote: »
    I'm having this problem, too. I played all weekend, because I just got the game. Lost all of my progress. My sim had gone really far in art, and there were pretty paintings all over her house. She'd accomplished quite a lot. The fixes aren't working for me, either. Since the game had already been out a while, I didn't even worry about an issue like this. What is going on at EA?

They've acknowledged the problem and say they are working on it, at least. In the meantime, "Save As" and "Exit" (never "Save and Exit") are your bestest friends ever. They won't get your previous work back, but they'll prevent savegame loss.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    They have your money so they don't care.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    cale2003 wrote: »
    They have your money so they don't care.

Which is obviously why they posted today that they know about the problem and are working on it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MISHKA009MISHKA009 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having this problem too! I completed 3 colletions in my save and now it's all gone... :'( I don't even want to open the game again!
  • Options
    XennationXennation Posts: 113 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > cale2003 wrote: »
    >
    > They have your money so they don't care.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Which is obviously why they posted today that they know about the problem and are working on it.

Please post link (exclude the http if it gives your trouble) to this acknowledgement. Always cite your sources or risk being considered incredulous.
    If I was helpful, or if you enjoyed my post always give a good rep or nice "Like / Thanks" by clicking below my post.
  • Options
    DawnelDawnel Posts: 76 Member
    I played my game this morning with no problems....now, when I went to game there was nothing there, caches, mods. nothing. I don't know if something happened when I opened up and they had all this new stuff they were showing or what. I'm really disappointed now because I had been playing and learning the game so well.
  • Options
    DecrainDecrain Posts: 893 Member
    Xennation wrote: »
    Please post link (exclude the http if it gives your trouble) to this acknowledgement. Always cite your sources or risk being considered incredulous.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12683254/#Comment_12683254
  • Options
    Xennation wrote: »
    > @luthienrising said:<br />
    > cale2003 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > They have your money so they don't care.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Which is obviously why they posted today that they know about the problem and are working on it.<br />
    <br />
    <br />

Thanks, @Decrain.

I hadn't posted it that time because I'd posted it plenty elsewhere, including in its own topic in this forum.
  • Options
    DecrainDecrain Posts: 893 Member
    No problem, @luthienrising ;)
  • Options
    XennationXennation Posts: 113 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Xennation wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks, Decrain.
    >
    > I hadn't posted it that time because I'd posted it plenty elsewhere, including in its own topic in this forum.

Oh, don't take it as me being a jerk! I was merely suggesting that always citing, whether or not it can be found elsewhere, is always helpful. Maybe someone is starting on the last posts when they enter thread?...
    If I was helpful, or if you enjoyed my post always give a good rep or nice "Like / Thanks" by clicking below my post.
  • Options
    Wow so this just happened to me. All I did was make a new family and then move them into a new house, played them for a bit, saved and then went to go to one of my other houses with other sims I've made...nothing. The only thing that isn't original to the base game itself is the family I JUST made. The other 10 or so families I had housed working on stuff - all gone. About 60 hours of gameplay gone. I'm really, really annoyed.
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I have decided to go back and play TS3 until this gets sorted out. I don't want to spend hours working on a legacy and documenting a story just to lose it all. Besides - I really miss the open world and my color wheel. :# At least the Gurus have acknowledged this is an issue.
  • Options
    EudanilEudanil Posts: 85 Member
    The major issue of this thread seems to be the unclear way of creating families after already having a save game - and not overwriting the game. The autosave and problems with it not saving at all is an issue, though the autosave has also saved my sister's game already because the program decided it didn't want to save anymore *rolls eyes*.

Really love how we are the beta testers for a finished game - not. :(
    Signature02.jpg
  • Options
    This might not work for everyone, but I want to direct people to this thread: how to roll back your save. It helped me get my saved game back since the game automatically makes several backups. I didn't lose anything in the end. It's definitely worth a go if your saved game is gone, you have nothing to lose.
  • Options
    MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member
    stayed up late last night creating a lot and then save and quit the game. this morning everything is gone. This is rediculous. The saved files are all from a few minutes ago when i logged in and found my game gone.
  • Options
    Marjia wrote: »
    stayed up late last night creating a lot and then save and quit the game. this morning everything is gone. This is rediculous. The saved files are all from a few minutes ago when i logged in and found my game gone.

What's in your Saves folder?
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    > @Schäfer said:
    > This is becoming utterly unacceptable. The day got the game, I played for hours. On the following day everthing was bloody gone.
    > After that incident I started to carefully save game frequently so that it wouldn't happen again.
    > Well so far so good but today something weird happened. The saved game was there but it was an old save. It wasn't at the point I'd saved for the last time. It was a save from way back. It's really nerve-racking!
    > Has anyone an explanation for this??

Same has happened to me. I even forgot to upload my retail shop I worked so hard on to my Library and it is just gone :( :( :( :
  • Options
    yameanodayameanoda Posts: 18 New Member
    hello, just adding that i experienced this "missing saved game" from "save and exit". i only have the save from prior to creating this new household.

the household was created and i can still find them, but the hours of levelling up my painter (level 8) and advancing in my secret agent job is all gone.

has there finally been a way to get the file somewhere?
    it's not in the save folder on my harddisk and i was playing offline - not sure if that messed things up.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    yameanoda wrote: »
    hello, just adding that i experienced this "missing saved game" from "save and exit". i only have the save from prior to creating this new household.

the household was created and i can still find them, but the hours of levelling up my painter (level 8) and advancing in my secret agent job is all gone.

has there finally been a way to get the file somewhere?
    it's not in the save folder on my harddisk and i was playing offline - not sure if that messed things up.

Do you have any .var0 etc. files in Saves that don't have a matching .save file? You could roll back to one of those.

(Going forward, don't touch Save and Exit. It was borked in the fall and looks like it might be again. I prefer Save As, followed by Exit. You don't need a new game name every time you use Save As, you can save over an older one.)
  • Options
    MethalineMethaline Posts: 19 Member
    > @Cocofaire said:
    > Hi this has JUST happened to me, in the time it took for me to exit game, go away for about an hour and come back to open the game.
    >
    > On loading the main menu the game notifies me that my save was unable to be recovered because it was saved on a newer version of the Sims 4. I am able to make a new household but after placing it on a lot, am unable to buy/build anything or save (error: 0).
    >
    > After checking the sims version as suggested, my version is still apparently the latest: 1.0.677.20 (The 09/09 patch downloaded successfully on that same day). Is another update incoming?
    >
    > I posted this on the ea forums, but thought I might try asking here too. I was having trouble with the game crashing often before (may or may not be related?) since I had been playing since release day. But within the last hour my save is gone and I cannot play at all! :(((

This is what is happening to me right now. I wanted to play today it is saturday!
  • Options
    yameanodayameanoda Posts: 18 New Member
    edited May 2015
    This has happened again. I have been very careful with using "save as" and checking to make sure the game was saved. I'm very disappointed this has happened.

there is no trace of the latest save file which was an hour later then the latest i can recover too. better then nothing i suppose!
  • Options
    Eidolon23Eidolon23 Posts: 175 Member
    thanks found it...
    "The worst thing you can do is tame the chaos in you. It is like being told not to feel when you are thrown in the fire." R. M. Drake
  • Options
    HavejusticeHavejustice Posts: 22 Member
    This happened to me the first time I played this game. I had a family that I had in two houses. I'm a collector and had gotten so many of them and was devastated to see my saves had disappeared. At the next update, I tried again and had to make a new family, but when I went to the save folder, my old saves were there. So I deleted the new guy and continued playing.
    I recently bought Get to Work so I wanted a new family in Newcrest. I had a new collector (woman) and had gotten all the prints and almost everything else done. I had two other houses for her daughters and their husbands.

I tried to save just the other day and the game completely shut down. I tried to reopen it, but it said I had old saves on a new updated game. They were all gone again. I checked for an update, but it says my game is up to date. I tried restarting again to see if my saves would work, but when I made a new family, I couldn't save their progress because there was an error. I don't know what happened to my game, but I hope my experience helps you.