Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

soulmate aspiration glitch

so overall my game is playing great, no real problems or major glitches...
however-my female sim has the soulmate aspiration. I've completed the first two sections of it, and am now on the 3rd part. I'm suppose to apologize to my spouse while angry. I've done it about 20 times now, and it still says it's not completed. I've tried it with the female sim mad at her husband and him apologizing to her, with her apologizing to him. nothing. I've tried it with my male sim as the angry one, and had him apologize to his wife, had her apologize to him. nothing. I've had it where they're both angry and they've both apologized to one another. nothing. I even did the apologize with woohoo action. nothing.

I have a virgin game (no mods/cc)

so I'm wondering if it's a total glitch, or if maybe I'm just not doing something right...? either way, it's a bit frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    UnbeknownstUnbeknownst Posts: 8 New Member
    How did you make your sims angry?! I'm stuck on the same thing but can't even figure out HOW to apologize!!!
  • Options
    brothenabrothena Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same issue as you Cassy, and I've also tried every which way possible to no avail. No fun.
  • Options
    QynatQynat Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm actually having a problem with the second section. No matter how many variations I try, I cannot clear the requirement for being married to your bff. My Sims have max friendship and romance bars, but it still doesn't work.
  • Options
    MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    Cassy wrote: »
    so overall my game is playing great, no real problems or major glitches...<br />
    however-my female sim has the soulmate aspiration. I've completed the first two sections of it, and am now on the 3rd part. I'm suppose to apologize to my spouse while angry. I've done it about 20 times now, and it still says it's not completed. I've tried it with the female sim mad at her husband and him apologizing to her, with her apologizing to him. nothing. I've tried it with my male sim as the angry one, and had him apologize to his wife, had her apologize to him. nothing. I've had it where they're both angry and they've both apologized to one another. nothing. I even did the apologize with woohoo action. nothing. <br />
    <br />
    I have a virgin game (no mods/cc) <br />
    <br />
    so I'm wondering if it's a total glitch, or if maybe I'm just not doing something right...? either way, it's a bit frustrating.

I'm having the same problem! I've basically completed destroyed my sims' relationship by trying to complete this goal. I even thought that maybe I needed to apologize more than once for the same offensive conversation, but the option isn't coming up after the first time I apologize.
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Hey folks - I've been messing around with this in game, and although it has been difficult at times I've been able to complete it. I'm going to have a chat with our designers about re-thinking if it's balanced properly; the intent certainly isn't for people to need to nearly destroy their relationship to complete this aspiration.

Try this...

For the Sim that's trying to complete the aspiration, pick a Sim other than your spouse and do Mean socials on them until your own Sim turns angry from the conversation. Now, have your Sim do a single Mean social on their spouse, and then immediately apologize afterwards. The aspiration should complete at that point. Your spouse shouldn't have to do anything, and it shouldn't matter what emotion they're currently in. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    evileagleevileagle Posts: 1 New Member
    > @SimGuruSemedi said:
    > Hey folks - I've been messing around with this in game, and although it has been difficult at times I've been able to complete it. I'm going to have a chat with our designers about re-thinking if it's balanced properly; the intent certainly isn't for people to need to nearly destroy their relationship to complete this aspiration.
    >
    > Try this...
    >
    > For the Sim that's trying to complete the aspiration, pick a Sim other than your spouse and do Mean socials on them until your own Sim turns angry from the conversation. Now, have your Sim do a single Mean social on their spouse, and then immediately apologize afterwards. The aspiration should complete at that point. Your spouse shouldn't have to do anything, and it shouldn't matter what emotion they're currently in. Hope that helps!

This actually worked. I had to findangle with this a lot more than I would have liked but at least I got it done. I had the spouse that wanted to complete the aspiration be mean to some random person outside her house. They fought, and she declared the person an enemy. Took a nap for her dazed moodlet to go away (because she lost the fight) and the angry moodlet to take hold. Yelled at my spouse, then smooth apology, completed aspiration.

Fighting is nice because it fills up the hate meter between the two sims quick, and then it allows you to declare someone an enemy. I couldn't get the other sim to make my sim angry, I had to declare the other sim an enemy and it always make my sim angry when I do that. My problem was, and you may encounter it, my sim was always winning the fights and gaining confidence boosts that would outweigh her anger. Just hold off on the declaration of anger for an hour after you fight (just keep doin mean stuff to the sim you fought for an hour) so you have a one hour window where your sim isn't confident while angry.

Like I said, a little over complicated and forced but at least it's all done.
  • Options
    TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    If you become confident it's a glitch and wish to skip it, sims.complete_current_milestone will complete your current set of goals.
    Cassy wrote: »

I've noticed it's incredibly hard to become angry if you're an evil sim (If you do manage it, it will only last a few minutes) so if you use: sims.add_buff Social_Angry

to trigger the anger.
    How did you make your sims angry?! I'm stuck on the same thing but can't even figure out HOW to apologize!!!

[Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • Options
    lucivariuslucivarius Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I think the biggest obstacle to this is if you have a nice house. Your sims will have too many positive moodlets (Happy) to actually be made angry.

Here's how I got past that:

1) Get Charisma level 4 or higher. (This unlocks "smooth apology" which seems to appear more consistently than "apologise")
    2) Take your sims outside, where there are no nice things and wait for any positive moodlets to wear off.
    3) Have the spouse make your sim angry (should be easy with a couple of "mean" interactions).
    4) Have your sim retaliate so both sims are angry. (not sure if both sims need to be angry, but I did this when I succeeded so it's here for info).
    5) Use the "smooth apology" social (it was in the context menu for me so I'm not exactly sure where it was).
    6) Make your sims play nice again to repair their once perfect relationship.

I hated doing this to my sims, but that's how it's done.
  • Options
    Imyselfandme86Imyselfandme86 Posts: 38 Member
    I am having the same problem. While I doubt that its impossible. I would definitely say its broken to some degree. I did as others said, made the opposite spouse mad through conversations with other random sims and done one mean interaction with the sim trying to achieve the goal. I don't know if it was because the spouse sim was VERY angry or if it simply did not work. I will have to keep trying.

This is something that needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    EavingEaving Posts: 132 Member
    I was having such trouble with this! My sims pretty much had no love for each other left I was trying to get them to apologize and nothing was working. Hopefully this method works because I'm tired of spending my sims freetime yelling at each other.

Thanks for the tip
  • Options
    MrOslateMrOslate Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having toruble with this aspiration as well. My sim has married his BFF, the friendly and romantic social bars were- and are currently- maxed, and the goal has not been completed. Also, when he and his wife had a kid he was born with her maiden name. That may just be a default setting, and I was able to change it, but I think it may be linked to the problem.
  • Options
    runawaycoconutrunawaycoconut Posts: 13 New Member
    [quote="Qynat;12580359"]I'm actually having a problem with the second section. No matter how many variations I try, I cannot clear the requirement for being married to your bff. My Sims have max friendship and romance bars, but it still doesn't work.[/quote]

Have you tried sitting on the couch together and trying to declare bff thats the only time I have seen that social interaction, it also may depend on what kind of conversation you are having too...
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    i think they need to do something about the emotions in a nice house like a mansion.. i mean.. just because i own a mansion doesnt mean i cant get angry or sad EVER... but apparently in the sims if you own a mansion you can only ever feel happy no matter what.
  • Options
    Avatar_XathusAvatar_Xathus Posts: 1 New Member
    Adding to this because it seems to be quite hard to do if your sims live in a well decorated place like mine, i tried to put them outside for a while but the happy buffs last for ages.

Trying to make them angry has pretty much destroyed the relationship, and they still wont get angry. Seems unbalanced, and having to destroy the relationship is not in the spirit of the 'soulmates' aspiration if you ask me
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    Guys I've described for "crime" aspiration how to make sure your sim gets angry.
    Use search on the forum.

I still didn't do this spouse thing because... Neither of my sims have a spouse yet, I want to "explore" every other game aspect before moving onto "family business".
    You know... Getting those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 38475683476 times of different woohoo, 3487563847 kisses at a party and such achievements. >:)
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hey folks - I've been messing around with this in game, and although it has been difficult at times I've been able to complete it. I'm going to have a chat with our designers about re-thinking if it's balanced properly; the intent certainly isn't for people to need to nearly destroy their relationship to complete this aspiration.

Try this...

For the Sim that's trying to complete the aspiration, pick a Sim other than your spouse and do Mean socials on them until your own Sim turns angry from the conversation. Now, have your Sim do a single Mean social on their spouse, and then immediately apologize afterwards. The aspiration should complete at that point. Your spouse shouldn't have to do anything, and it shouldn't matter what emotion they're currently in. Hope that helps!

@SimGuruSemedi .....
    Graham, please fix the sims not reacting to deaths or cheating roughly 80% of the time, especially with people they have high relationships with. Its getting frustrating. It works maybe 20% of the time and several of us are having this issue. They won't even get little moodlets that say they are sad. The sim died right in front of his wife and she flirted with Grim and then kept sleeping; they had the bars all the way up in both friendship and love.....many people are having this issue and we have reported it to the bug thread, but I just thought I would tell you as well.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I did exactly what Samedi said, that was actually my plan as soon as I saw that as a goal, I thought "How to make my sim angry..." luckily being a total plum to a random townie works like a charm.
  • Options
    sweetsangriasweetsangria Posts: 1 New Member
    This is definitely the long way around but my first aspiration was the one for painting. When you complete it you get the Expressionistic trait which allowed my sim to paint Angry paintings whenever she wanted. I just put the painting up in the hall and had them view it and after one mean interaction I was able to apologize and complete this goal with no harm to their relationship.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Nice "So dear, what do you think of my painting?" "hm.... PLUM YOU!" or so I imagine it going XD
  • Options
    NK9193NK9193 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm also stuck on this part of the aspiration. The 'be married to soulmate' objective will not complete regardless of what I try. Their relationship is completely maxed out, still nothing.
  • Options
    Uniquicz22Uniquicz22 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited September 2014
    A ) Turn off automatic behavior of your sims ( Options, Gameplay )
    B ) Have the Sim that is doing the aspiration do 2-3 mean actions to his love
    C ) Apologize ( found in Friendly )
    D ) Turn automatic behavior back on.

- I am not playing English Sims, so I dont know what are those things called, but you dont have to be an brainiac to figure it out.
    - I tested this 20 times. Each single time it worked. I have tested it in several moods, it was all ok, as long as my husband was angry after the conversation.

PS: Sims 4 is far from being finished, it looks like we are playing an Beta version.
  • Options
    NauticaaNauticaa Posts: 2 New Member
    I am stuck on the soulmate aspiration as well. They are already married and no option for being best friends pops up. I tried the divorce route so they can become friends and then get remarried but it turns the full pink bar to full red bar.
  • Options
    EavingEaving Posts: 132 Member
    Nauticaa wrote: »
    I am stuck on the soulmate aspiration as well. They are already married and no option for being best friends pops up. I tried the divorce route so they can become friends and then get remarried but it turns the full pink bar to full red bar.

For that one the Green Bar has to be high for them to be "best friends" I believe once you get the green bar high enough under friendship there should be an interaction along the lines of "Become best friends".

To be "Soulmates" You have to have high green and pink bars.
  • Options
    BhodarBhodar Posts: 1 New Member
    as some people still seem to be having problems and I followed the advice from the simsguru.

Step 1) Get your Sim (the one with the aspiration) angry (safest way to do is to pick a fight with anyone BUT your spouse (you should already be married))
    Step 2) When you get the Angry Icon start picking a fight with your spouse (one mean interaction is enough)
    Step 3) Apologize to your spouse
    Step 4) quest completed: making an apology to your spouse while being Angry (translated from Dutch)
  • Options
    RellyJackRellyJack Posts: 136 Member
    I've gotten my spouse angry multiple times...using the husband and random townies === smooth apology and apologize in bed have been options, but neither of them completed the aspiration goal.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top