Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I install sims4 from the disks instead of taking days to download from origin? HELP!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Jounin138Jounin138 Posts: 28 Member
    yes, since the disk is no-longer in my computer and it's still downloading. Thank goodness for Starbucks' internet though I'm at 93%. :)
  • Options
    blevinsa8812blevinsa8812 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I am having the same problem. Honestly I don't really care for using origin. I liked the old way of you just put the disc in and it downloaded after you put the code in. I am having to download the game as well when I paid money for the premium edition. I can't find anyway to get it to do it from the disc. I have exited out of origin completely and it still wants me to download it.
    I don't have internet at home so I just hope I won't have to mess with this origin business everytime I want to play

I am trying what the EA website suggests but still not having much luck
  • Options
    TbradfordTbradford Posts: 1 New Member
    Well good thing my cellphone is dead or I'd be calling to curse someone out. WHAT WAS THE POINT of selling me discs I cant use to install the game! I bought a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 disc because my internet is slow as Christmas. IM LIVID!
  • Options
    Teagan522Teagan522 Posts: 1 New Member
    OK, here's what worked for me.
    If it says "Downloading..." right click on the Sims 4 pic in Origin and tell it to "Cancel download".
    Then go into the DVD and click setup.
    It started copying from the DVD for me after that.
  • Options
    MrMoodyoneMrMoodyone Posts: 33 Member
    edited September 2014
    Teagan522's way worked for me. Was at 50% after 4 hours.. 3 minutes = 20%
  • Options
    sl393lsl393l Posts: 155 Member
    I put my disc in to download and clicked on setup.exe and it sent me to Origins and after asking for my serial number, it downloaded through the origins site. Maybe this is something new. I bought Civilization 5 and Skyrim on disc, yet it downloaded through Steam after inserting the discs.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited September 2014
    ok im trying to work out this problem i have a guess that origin will automatically try to install digital even though you want to install the disc

some thing to try i found this:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-3/How-do-I-install-from-disc-without-download/td-p/1164

i also am wondering if it makes sense to open origin before installing and unselect automatic updates under origin/application settings/general/ UPdates
  • Options
    kashtone425kashtone425 Posts: 123 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm having the same stinking problem and I must say I'm very upset!!!! With the rate this stupid thing is downloading, there won't be no playing the game tonight. I am soooooooo mad right now. Gah!!!!!!!! I have tried everything everyone has suggested on here. This is ridiculous. What's the point of buying a disc if you can't install it straight from it. I am so P-Oed I think I could hit something right now. >=(
  • Options
    AnnaGAnnaG Posts: 1 New Member
    I 100% agree with you guys. This is mega frustrating. I was able to get it to work for me.This is what I did.

1. Install Origin and make sure it's up to date.
    2. I registered the game on origin with my CD key then stopped the auto download.
    3. Closed Origin and shut down the PC.
    4. Started the PC, opened Origin. Make sure the game is not queued up to be downloaded.
    5. With origin open, open the Disc 1 and click on setup.exe.
    6. It will ask all the same questions it did as if it's going to download. Agree to them all.
    7. It will look the same is it did when it was downloading but it will say copying instead of downloading.
    It should be completing much faster then it was before.

This is a huge issue origin should address.
  • Options
    InazukaInazuka Posts: 13 New Member
    I had the same problem. I finally fixed it by going under the disc drive then there's a folder that says autorun/origin folder/originsetup. I had to install the version of origin the game wanted by clicking originsetup. After that, I just popped the disc out, put it back and let it autorun. It will still have you log into origin, but it should open the install/select language screen. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    ChallisaurusChallisaurus Posts: 1 New Member
    Finally got mine to copy from the disc instead of download. I tried closing Origin and restarting, restarting the computer and restarting. Finally had to Uninstall Origin all together and run the disc again. After the quick origin install, it started right up and asked if I wanted to install the Sims 4 (instead of download the Sims 4). Going much faster now!
  • Options
    MissLumpiesMissLumpies Posts: 154 Member
    I am having the same problem and I feel like crying. I started the installation yesterday at 4pm. it is now 9am and it's at 98% and it doesn't look like it's moving. This is so frustrating
  • Options
    duck74duck74 Posts: 686 Member
    Have you guys tried installing the game while offline?

Disconnect the computer from the internet, then try to install it.

If not, well, we are living in a time where if it takes more than 15 mins to install the sims 4, you should probably upgrade to a new isp
  • Options
    MissLumpiesMissLumpies Posts: 154 Member
    I don't know what happened. It said copying for like 16 hours. I got annoyed, restarted the computer and signed back on to origin, now it's downloading and almost done.
  • Options
    abraelynabraelyn Posts: 9 New Member
    [quote="lauriej0823;12556193"]i am installing right now from the disks I followed instruction on screen. however I did not have origin running when I put disk in. put it is coping from disk to pc and it is showing progress in origin. no problem installing from disk. I had origin closed inserted disk clicked to run disk. origin came up with me already signed in (and I updated origin yesterday) another box came up asked for code entered code hit continue. it then said it was copying game asked for 2nd disk updated then installed. after it said it was installed and ready to play. I took out disk from drive clicked on icon on desktop and no problems. I would suggest closing origin restarting pc and then retrying the disk.[/quote]

Same. It took less than an hour from start to complete. Only problem I had afterwards was that I had to run origin as administrator for it play the game. Hope you all get everything worked out!
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Put disc one into drive, open orgin, sign in, minimize orgin, go to my computer, double click on Sims
    Look in the bottom left corner to see install process.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    @ceejay When I installed with my disc, I had no problems. But I don't have to have my disc in. Everything is thru Origin no matter what. You can go into "Offline Mode" but you can not log out.
  • Options
    ddfarroddfarro Posts: 10 New Member
    Nothing is working for me. I am about to just go get my money back........ any suggestions
  • Options
    [quote="lauriej0823;12556193"]i am installing right now from the disks I followed instruction on screen. however I did not have origin running when I put disk in. put it is coping from disk to pc and it is showing progress in origin. no problem installing from disk. I had origin closed inserted disk clicked to run disk. origin came up with me already signed in (and I updated origin yesterday) another box came up asked for code entered code hit continue. it then said it was copying game asked for 2nd disk updated then installed. after it said it was installed and ready to play. I took out disk from drive clicked on icon on desktop and no problems. I would suggest closing origin restarting pc and then retrying the disk.[/quote]

Tried and that doesnt work
  • Options
    Nicotrol. That didnt work for me either
  • Options
    Now i camt get disc 2 to work it keeps telling me ro insert disc 2 but its already in
  • Options
    i have taken out the disc put it back in and still nothing, has anyone else had issues trying to download the 2nd disc
  • Options
    rebecca20395rebecca20395 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Nicotroll said:
    > Calm yourselves.
    > Browse the first disk and click on setup.exe
    > It will open a small window, click continue.
    > it will open origin, wait a few seconds then the installation window will appear and it will install from the disk.

THIS WORKED FOR ME! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH NICOTROLL
  • Options
    these help desk people are no help
  • Options
    xiphiexiphie Posts: 8 New Member
    i had this problem too. i had to totally exit origin, cancel the download completely before doing so! and run origin as admin and then when it started back up origin correctly displayed "copying..." instead of "downloading..." copying apparently means installing from disc.