Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I install sims4 from the disks instead of taking days to download from origin? HELP!!!!!!!!

Jounin138Jounin138 Posts: 28 Member
edited September 2014 in PC - Technical Discussions
I got the Sims 4 game from the store it came with 2 disks. When I put in disk #1 it sends me to origin and I have to download from the site. Why can't I install from the hardcopy disks. I bought the disks because everyone else will be downloading from the site. Someone help.

Hey, I managed to get it downloaded after a while but this discussion may help others with the same problem.
Post edited by Jounin138 on

Comments

• Options
    snipoppers16snipoppers16 Posts: 5 New Member
    Bump. I'm having the same problem.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Initial setup requires Origin even with disks. The gurus says it's a one time thing. So each EP, sp and doc will require Origin to setup then after you won't.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    That's dumb. Why don't they just sell gift cards with the game code on it instead of selling a box set with 2 worthless disks in them? Thank you for the info. I guess I won't be playing Sims 4 until Thursday with the current download speed.
  • Options
    snipoppers16snipoppers16 Posts: 5 New Member
    No. Why would I receive 2 disks with 8 GB on them and then have to download 8GB worth of game. I understand logging in through Origin. But downloading 8GB worth of data is not the norm. Or clearly, we would have seen more comments on social media about it.

This is clearly a glitch in Origin.
  • Options
    traciandrustraciandrus Posts: 2 New Member
    Bump! I am having the same issue. I have a slower internet speed and expected it to install from disc! Why would it not install from there?
  • Options
    Annoyed, 3 hours in and only 8% downloaded. There has to be a way to install from the disks.
  • Options
    CloverClover Posts: 12 New Member
    I too was wondering this! It seems odd and at this rate, I'll be playing in a few days.
  • Options
    twinkledustingtwinkledusting Posts: 98 Member
    edited September 2014
    Time keeps passing (tick, tick, tick) by and I can't install from Orgin as I've also got the disc so I would not have this time wait. Grrrrrr And I paid extra to get the disc(s) today.
  • Options
    I'm trying to contact EA and see if there's a way. I have another 20 mins to wait for the chat.
  • Options
    traciandrustraciandrus Posts: 2 New Member
    I have looked everywhere for an answer. :/ so far nothing
  • Options
    jujee55jujee55 Posts: 588 Member
    I purchased the disc, I only had to go on Origin to activate the game, then it loaded from the disc.
  • Options
    I just talked to support they said it should work if you close origin. I'll let you know if it works
  • Options
    Still not working :(
  • Options
    I'm getting the feeling the support staff has no idea what he's doing.
  • Options
    lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    when you say close origin are you exiting out of it?
  • Options
    CloverClover Posts: 12 New Member
    I sat here for the last 3 hours trying to install the game, and at 41% it crashed. I am so not okay with this. Has anyone with the disks NOT had to install from Origin? Anytime I click install, it goes to the "copying Sims 4" origin thing on Origin, and I do not see an option otherwise.
  • Options
    lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    edited September 2014
    i am installing right now from the disks I followed instruction on screen. however I did not have origin running when I put disk in. put it is coping from disk to pc and it is showing progress in origin. no problem installing from disk. I had origin closed inserted disk clicked to run disk. origin came up with me already signed in (and I updated origin yesterday) another box came up asked for code entered code hit continue. it then said it was copying game asked for 2nd disk updated then installed. after it said it was installed and ready to play. I took out disk from drive clicked on icon on desktop and no problems. I would suggest closing origin restarting pc and then retrying the disk.
    Post edited by lauriej0823 on
  • Options
    mamasquash999mamasquash999 Posts: 12 New Member
    Well can't install from the disks...tried exiting out of Origin, and it still wants to download....why do they sell disks if I can't install from them? Confused and frustrated.
  • Options
    VonSimsVonSims Posts: 186 Member
    Try turning off your internet then see if it'll allow you to install offline.
  • Options
    I've gotten to the point of just downloading support said to log-off than exit but that doesn't work. Went to Starbucks doing pretty well downloading at 20% after 20 mins better than my 5 % after 2 hours. As long as no-one brings any Macs I should be fine. The Macs seem to suck the internet speed at Starbucks down where I live.
  • Options
    NicotrollNicotroll Posts: 7 New Member
    Calm yourselves.
    Browse the first disk and click on setup.exe
    It will open a small window, click continue.
    it will open origin, wait a few seconds then the installation window will appear and it will install from the disk.
  • Options
    > @Nicotroll said:
    > Calm yourselves.
    > Browse the first disk and click on setup.exe
    > It will open a small window, click continue.
    > it will open origin, wait a few seconds then the installation window will appear and it will install from the disk.
    >

The only setup I have is the origin setup. Is there something wrong with my disk?
  • Options
    Open origin first.
    Go to your computer (Start, computer) and then double click on your dvd drive. (or browse your dvd drive and double click on setup.exe)
    It will open a small window saying it'll use origin, click on continue and wait. It will then ask you to select a language and install the game.
  • Options
    No luck it sends me to the whole origin website and only lets me download. Thank you Nicotroll for the help though maybe it will help someone else out there with the same-ish problem. :)
  • Options
    are you sure it's actually downloading ? Because when you install from the discs it seems like it's downloading via internet but it says ''copying'' instead of downloading. the whole process is the same thought.