Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Back to the Future! Gen2 - Chp15

ChryseisChryseis Posts: 77 Member
tumblr_inline_nahy0y5xCg1rxrq7m.jpg

Welcome to the Celastrus Legacy. A fairly casual legacy challenge about a girl who is sent back in time and has to find a way..."Back To The Future!"

I hope that you enjoy my story! All comments/Likes are welcome of course, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Generation One!
Prologue or view on Tumblr
Chapter 1 or view on Tumblr
Chapter 2 or view on Tumblr
Chapter 3 or view on Tumblr
Chapter 4 or view on Tumblr
Chapter 5 or view on Tumblr
Chapter 6 or view on Tumblr
Chapter 7 or view on Tumblr
Chapter 8 or view on Tumblr
Chapter 9 or view on Tumblr
Chapter 10 or view on Tumblr
Chapter 11 or view on Tumblr
Chapter 12 or view on Tumblr
Chapter 13 or view on Tumblr
Chapter 14 or view on Tumblr
Generation ONE overview!

Generation Two!
Chapter 15 or view on Tumblr
Back to the Future! A brand new Legacy Challenge with a Timey Wimey Twist!
Post edited by Chryseis on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    The Celastrus Legacy Prologue

tumblr_inline_nahy0y5xCg1rxrq7m.jpg
    To be perfectly honest with you, I never really got into the whole “Selfie” craze. I realise that I haven’t actually been born yet, so this fad of taking infinite amounts of images of ones face, can easily be something that history can forget before then, but after living through this ridiculous era, with it’s horrible fashion and incredibly rude teenagers, I have just added the “Selfie” to my very long list of things I dislike about my primitive ancestors. I will admit, however, that I have a beautiful face.

My name is Bright Celastrus. I hail from a beautiful Utopia called Oasis Landing. It is my home. Well…It was my home. I was an up and coming Astronomer in my beloved city. I spent my time looking up into the glorious night’s sky, taking many notes and photographs. Trying to find a star I can name after myself. I had a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 good life, and Emit had to ruin it all. Curse that blue haired Adonis.
    tumblr_inline_nahylcHzcI1rxrq7m.jpg
    I had been friends with Emit for many many years. He helped me to get my first job as a lens polisher in the Observatory. I did have a bit of a crush, I will admit, but did is the key word there. He ruined my life. I had everything I could have wanted!

I had friends, and a pet, and I could FLY!
    tumblr_inline_nahypzcX5P1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nahyqmFGMj1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nahyr5zjp51rxrq7m.jpg
    Even though Emit and I were friends, he always tried to get me to play with his new contraptions. I honestly don’t know why he bothered. Everything that’s worth being invented, has already been invented, but he had to keep trying to improve this or create that.

He dragged me up to the roof of the public commons house just a few moments ago, and pulled me over to some pointed object. He kept muttering about a Flux Capacitor and Time Continuum, I wasn’t really paying attention as I was about to be late for my shift at the Observatory.

So Emit decides he has left something behind and tells me not to touch the pointy thing while he goes and fetches the Mr. Fusion, or whatever.
    tumblr_inline_nahyyrFNSy1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nahzbh9FFd1rxrq7m.jpg
    I decided that I had to head to work, so I kicked it. If I broke it, then I could feign ignorance and go. But kicking it seemed to somehow set it off, and before I could even scream ancient obscenities at Emit, I was sucked into this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 glowing vortex. A lot of horrible words flew out of my mouth before my body was broken down to its base molecules, and I was flung through time and space. My mother would have been very mad at me had she heard. Not that my poor mum could even hear what I was saying 300 years in the past.

Yeah you heard me. 300 Years in the PAST!
    tumblr_inline_nahzi8f84l1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nahzcc9EtW1rxrq7m.jpg
    Not only am I in an era that history barely remembers, I’m stuck in what has to be the stupidest time period I ever had the displeasure of hearing about in my studies. Fossil fuels, hormone laced food, deep fried everything! It’s literally the Stupid Ages. I am so glad I come from a time where society has learned to co-exist peacefully with the planet. Perhaps I can teach these 🐸🐸🐸🐸 a thing or two. That’s if I can actually survive here.
    tumblr_inline_nahzn2kt7Z1rxrq7m.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The Celastrus Legacy - Chapter 1
    Authors Note: Due to the usual game glitches, I had to move Bright from Twinbrook to Isla Paradiso. So the photo’s may look like they are from 2 different towns…mostly because they are but OH WELL! On with the story.

First things first, find out where I am. Maybe that little kid on the bicycle can help me. Or perhaps she’s going to just throw something at me and keep riding past.
    "Yes, thank you strange child. Why aren’t you present in the nearest learning facility?"
    I don’t think she heard me. I guess I better find out what she threw at me.
    tumblr_inline_nak166ywOG1rxrq7m.jpg
    Interesting. It appears to be a way for these primitive humans to share current events and inform the public of other important information.
    "Alpaca’s trample Llama’s?"
    Oh. My. Watcher. This is clearly a very violent time period. I must be wary of any rouge Alpaca’s. I believe I saw one in the Oasis Museum as a child and it was an outrageous thing to look at with it’s horns and giant fangs. Ugh, scary!
    tumblr_inline_nak1ifEw1y1rxrq7m.jpg
    What else can help me in here. Hmm…”Scientists seeking Test Subjects for minimum wage”. I do hope they aren’t seeking actual Sims for this line of work. Sim testing was abolished in Oasis Landing, and had been for quite some time. All of our testing was done on Plumbots as it was far more humane to cover an artificially sentient being in hazardous chemicals than an organic, and therefore superior, sentient being.

According to this large grey book, a young man’s uncle has recently passed away, leaving behind the “Hobart’s Hideaway” resort. Apparently it has the best weeds and roaches in Isla Paradiso. A resort sounds interesting actually. I may have to research this facility when I return home.
    tumblr_inline_nak1k1NRJq1rxrq7m.jpg
    The name of this town does stimulate some of my memory receptors. I recall hearing about a beautiful paradise in the Stupid Ages where Sims would ride around on water vehicles and it was the leading town for Skin Cancer. It’s also where the legend of the Mermaid originated. A very strange and downright wretched place. I can see why the current inhabitants like this place though. The view is quite wonderful, but this heat is going to severely dehydrate me!
    tumblr_inline_nak1qwCLpi1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nak1rnZ8ge1rxrq7m.jpg
    The second thing I should do, before the heat stroke kills me, is find a way back home.

I tried kicking that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 portal, but nothing happened. No blue electrical sparks, no ominous fog wafting from the base, no shining portal to take me home. Curse this infernal contraption. I don’t want to be stuck here, and I am not an engineer or even a physicist so Watcher knows I won’t be able to fix it. I know that theoretically, Time Travel is possible-Well it’s not really theoretical now is it, as I am quite obviously not in Oasis Springs, and considering the rest of the planet is a desolate wasteland in my time, and I can’t seem to get access to the Oasis Wireless Network on my portable smart device, I am not in Oasis Landing any more. Watcher help me!

I guess I had better go for a walk and find something to eat and drink before I suffer too greatly in this blasted heat.
    tumblr_inline_nak225F4YF1rxrq7m.jpg
    Everything is really bright in this place, but also quite shabby. The colours for this “Grocery Store” are garish and not at all like the white cleanliness of home. How I miss home! I miss my drink synthesiser. I could be having a triple filtered glass of ice cold water right now if it hadn’t been for Emit and his 🐸🐸🐸🐸 inventions. Nothing tastes better than nano-bot filtered water. The food here is strange also. An “Apple”. What is an Appull? It’s red, and hard and fits in the palm of my hand, but how do you eat it? I know we have something called an Applay at home, but it is white and comes in perfectly cut wedges. Oh this time period is going to be horrible. I never bothered taking extensive History lessons. I was far too interested in finding new and exciting celestial bodies in the heavens. If I had known I was going to travel back in time, I would have researched better…or just not become friends with Emit.

Now I have to 🐸🐸🐸🐸, but I don’t see any urine receptacle in the near vicinity. I do, however, see what appears to be a children’s playground. Some things never really change!
    tumblr_inline_nak2tl8tz71rxrq7m.jpg
    It’s not the same as flying but, if I can’t get the time machine to work again, it may be as close as I will ever get…
  • Options
    KirstyLKirstyL Posts: 974 Member
    That's an interesting premise, and I love her eyes :)
    imgad2-1.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The Celastrus Legacy - Chapter 2
    tumblr_inline_namyp8tEdY1rxrq7m.jpg

Evening was beginning to approach so I decided to find somewhere to sleep for the night. The informative grey paper had mentioned a resort. We still have facilities like this in Oasis Landing, so I thought it would be in my best interests to have a roof over my head just in-case the weather turned particularly nasty. The weather in Oasis Landing was always the same so there was no need for weather forecasts.

tumblr_inline_namyu2i4TZ1rxrq7m.jpg

What a drab, unpleasantly decorated building. Hobart's Hideaway looks like it comes from a time even further back than the era I am currently present in. How could anyone stay here? It’s utterly filthy and abhorrently decrepit. The woman at the check-in desk is quite polite, but she wasn’t very happy when I handed her my credit card. I was hoping I could pay with it, seeing as I had several thousand Simoleons on it, but apparently, my credit card, from Oasis Landing, isn’t going to work here as my banking institution doesn’t exist yet. I tried to explain my situation to this woman and her expression softened somewhat.
    "It’s ok. I understand. How about you pay us back when you get back to the future?" She said, with a slight smirk on her face.
    "That would be an excellent arrangement. I will write down the price and pay you back as soon as I am in the correct time period."
    I don’t think she believed me but I know for a fact I can’t pay her back if I get home. The entire world was obliterated by meteor’s. There’s nothing left outside of the walls of Oasis Landing. This means no outstanding debts for me! Hooray for free accommodation!

But now I have to find some form of sustenance. I am so hungry I could eat one of those Llama eating Alpaca’s.
    tumblr_inline_napcryE5pB1rxrq7m.jpg

"Cheese-steak?" Oh my Watcher. This is going to be so bad for my body. Deep-fried red meat, smothered in high fat dairy products, sandwiched between a bread-like bun. This thing just shouts calories. But wow is it delicious. Never have I ever tasted anything so amazing! I thought the food that was produced by the Food Synthesisers back home was good, but this Cheese-steak is literally the most amazing thing I have tasted. I must go back for seconds!

tumblr_inline_napd6zU1dH1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_napd7x8Jx41rxrq7m.jpg

Well, this tiny little house is quite quaint. I will happily sleep here for the night. But I know I am going to miss my Dream Pod! I miss everything about home. I am so out of my depth here. I literally have no idea what I am going to do. I need to get home! I have to fix that blasted Time Portal.

tumblr_inline_napdaptPtH1rxrq7m.jpg

I suppose it can’t hurt for me to sunbathe for a few minutes. Oasis Landing is shielded from the rays of the sun by an invisible force-field. The meteor’s that almost wiped sims from existence made the atmosphere of the planet much thinner, meaning the sun caused more harm than good to the Sims trying to survive.
    I didn’t know what I was missing out on though. The sun feels amazing on my skin. I could stay like this for hours. But I must not. I have to find the book repository and start learning all I can in an effort to fix the Time Portal.

tumblr_inline_napdfx5Vkm1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_napdgfBipD1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_napdh6vb0I1rxrq7m.jpg

Hmm. I decided to do some browsing on their very obsolete computers and insanely slow Wi-Fi. I am going to need a job if I can’t fix this Time Portal. The Science Lab is still looking for Test Subjects, so I applied online. I have to get back home so I will do anything to get there, and Simoleons will really help me to achieve my goals. Plus it will help me buy more Cheese-Steaks!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The Celastrus Legacy - Chapter 3
    tumblr_inline_naquzs5aOL1rxrq7m.jpg

After spending the majority of my night in the Book Repository, I found the location for the Science Lab. I decided to apply for their Test Subject opening and after begging the taxi driver for a free ride, he took me to work that very morning. It was a great first day and I met a few lovely people. My boss was a strict woman but she understood me. She knew I “wasn’t from around here.”

Ha, little did she know just how far I had travelled. I knew these were sims after my own heart with their pursuit of knowledge, but most of what we worked on I already knew about. For one thing, they insisted on injecting me with a substance they claimed would hopefully lead to a cure for Cancer. I knew they were completely off, but if I could stick this job out, perhaps I would be able to drop little hints here and there. It can’t really hurt to change the future can it?

tumblr_inline_naqv1dnYLh1rxrq7m.jpg

The outfit they decided I needed to wear to work. It was horribly uncomfortable but I really needed the money. I was able to give myself a roof over my head after just two days of work. I set up shop near the Time Portal and managed to save enough money for a light and a sleeping bag, which was surprisingly comfortable.

I still miss my Dream Pod though. I have been plagued with nightmares since I arrived in this ridiculous time period.

tumblr_inline_naqv2gty651rxrq7m.jpg

The ladies at work started giving me extra things to do for work. They first asked me to learn how to grow fruits and vegetables. I wasn’t too pleased at building my own garden as I wasn’t the kind of person to get my hands actually dirty…with real dirt. But I did it anyway, and astonishingly, I enjoyed it. These little plants required the utmost care and attention and I had to provide that in order for them to thrive.

tumblr_inline_naqv3bzwC21rxrq7m.jpg

After my garden was on it’s way to providing me with some much needed food, I had to bring some of my work home with me. The cleaners at the Lab couldn’t keep up with the high amount of dishes being used, so they asked me to take some home. They promised me extra money and a good note on my career file, and of course I said yes. Not that I was really sure what I was doing to be perfectly honest. I took the dishes to the Library with me, and washed them in the sink with hand soap.

The woman at work was really pleased with the job I did so I couldn’t really complain but I really hoped they didn’t give me more of this sort of thing to do. It was not my cup of tea.

tumblr_inline_naqv42WFZ21rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_naqv4e6zBE1rxrq7m.jpg

A few more days passed and I was promoted to Lab Tech. I was super excited. No more needles and disgusting concoctions. To celebrate I thought it would be fun to check out the Summer Festival. It had rolled in to town a few days ago, and the other girls at work had taken what they called Leisure Day off. They were kind enough to give me a day off too, so I headed on over.

I didn’t realise how hot it would be, but gosh it was fun. These Sims have what is called a Skating Rink. It’s amazing. I get to roll around on shoes that have wheels on them. Wheelie Shoes! Such a great idea. I have no idea why we don’t have this sort of thing in the future.

It’s so cool! I tried to contain my enthusiasm, but someone noticed. A very gorgeous someone…

tumblr_inline_naqv67c4tl1rxrq7m.jpg

His name is Saul Sharp. He is so handsome and very funny. We were both inept at this Skating Rink sport, but he just laughed off the very many falls and spills that we had together.

As we were rolling around on our Wheelie Shoes, he told me he loved the outdoors and always did his best to be out and about as much as possible. I was taken aback by just how great this primitive guy was. He was quite taken with me though.

He complimented me on my eyes. He said he had never seen eyes so big before. I hadn’t really noticed my eyes were bigger than anyone else's, but I guess the Sim body does evolve over time. I was now very self conscious, but he tried to reassure me that my eye’s are beautiful as well as big. He was such a sweetie.

tumblr_inline_naqv74gxZ51rxrq7m.jpg

He told me had to run just after the sun had set. I felt instantly lonely when he disappeared around the corner and my stomach began to feel heavy with sadness. I was stuck in this Watcher forsaken time, with no friends, and no family. I had never truly felt sad though. I had always tried to find the positive in everything, and I was doing a good job of it, but Saul had temporarily made me forget that I was in a pretty dismal situation, and when his gorgeous smile disappeared, so did my happiness.

I’m going to do what all girls do in this situation…Eat their feelings with a whole pile of Hot Dogs!

tumblr_inline_naqv8dmYPG1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_naqv8qV8Gt1rxrq7m.jpg

Ugh. Hot Dog’s don’t taste as half as good coming up as they do going down, but at least I don’t have to eat for awhile.

The next day at work was pretty boring. The other women tried to re-animate a frog, but ended up making smoke come out of it’s ears. I found the whole thing to be rather silly. Re-animation is more than just using electricity to make the muscles spasm. Re-animation requires some serious science with a truck load of magic. Any sim in Oasis Landing knows this. It’s why there are no zombies running around there. I have noticed a few here in Isla Paradiso though.

Thankfully I am able to set up appropriate defences against them and they are nothing but a nuisance to me.

After work I headed over to the junk-yard on the other side of Science Island. Digging through trash isn’t ideal, but I need a few things so I can continue trying to fix the blasted Time Portal. I was there all night and didn’t really find much of use, but I brought home a heap of scrap metal anyway. Maybe I could build something else that might make my life a little easier.

tumblr_inline_naqvbpQ7P51rxrq7m.jpg

Apparently, I had to pay bills to use the land the Time Portal dumped me on. I was not happy about this of course. I shouldn’t have to pay anything to these sims! I was stranded here. I was a victim and they want me to give them Twenty-two Simoleons every week? I’m not made of money!

tumblr_inline_naqvd6ANrS1rxrq7m.jpg

The mobile telephone I had purchased, to replace my Oasis Landing Smart Device, began to ring in my pocket. The voice of angel spoke through it and my heart skipped numerous beats.

"Shaka Bra! I’d totally dig getting to know you better. You’re a cool chick! Wanna hang out man?" I had no idea what Saul was saying but I really don’t care. I happily accepted his invitation!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The Celastrus Legacy - Chapter 4
    tumblr_inline_nat36thK5u1rxrq7m.jpg

This is a ridiculous time period. Sims just cannot drive!

Saul, the incredibly handsome Sim who had stolen my futuristic heart, had called me up the previous morning and we had a great conversation on the phone. Turns out he wanted to be an inventor. Go figure that I fall in love with two inventors. We talked till I had to head to work. That was going well. I was working hard and doing everything that was asked of me and I was actually enjoying myself. When I returned home, my phone rang and it was Saul again. We spent the entire night just chatting. It was amazing.

The next morning was rather awkward though. I had gotten up to check my mail, barely awake and indecently dressed when who should happen to pop over for a visit!

tumblr_inline_nat3defcf21rxrq7m.jpg

"Never have I seen a behind as gorgeous as that!" Saul chuckled.
    I turned around, frightened and very embarrassed, but when I saw who it was, my body responded and I became very flushed.
    "It is very rude to sneak up on half naked women," I playfully chastised.
    "Then I am the rudest Sim you will ever have the pleasure of meeting."
    His mischievous grin is truly a beautiful site. I could stare at it for days. Oh my! I am head over heels in love.
    "It’s a lovely day, despite the rain. Would you like to get to know each other better?" Saul asked with a wondrous smile.

tumblr_inline_nat3jmLY5k1rxrq7m.jpg

My answer was yes. And boy did we get to know each other a whole lot better. Not only was he easy on the eyes, but he was quite a kisser. I have had better, but a kiss in the rain is a very romantic thing and a girl can’t help but swoon.
    "I believe we should go steady!" I said, breathless.
    "I happen to agree, especially if it means I get to see what’s under what little clothes you are wearing," Saul replied with a very provocative wink.

"Well, we could just be boyfriend and girlfriend, and this may seem quite presumptuous, but I believe in no woohooing before marriage. It is a girls right to uphold her traditions and beliefs, even if said girl is from a completely different time period. Would you like to move in with me, and perhaps get married as well?"
    My heart was all a flutter and I rushed the last few words, but Saul got the message, and instead of turning around and fleeing like other men would, his face lit up like a Legacy Statue and he agreed to be my beloved Husband.

tumblr_inline_nat3ti1aFx1rxrq7m.jpg

"Oh Saul, thank you for accepting. You have made me a very happy Time Traveller!"
    "You are most welcome. Now, my beach beauty, why don’t we have the ceremony now?"
    "Wow, you move quick. You must really want to woohoo!" I giggled and gently brushed his arm.
    "You have no idea!" he growled sexily, pulling me into a very passionate make out session.
    It didn’t feel completely right to get married on my front lawn, but I was also very excited so I quickly changed into the nicest dress I had, and we had a very intimate ceremony.

tumblr_inline_nat43cC5b81rxrq7m.jpg

"Saul, before we are truly married, I need to be sure you are one hundred percent agreed to being my husband. You would become Saul Celastrus and I have to be certain that you are ok with that!"
    "Hmm. That will be ok. The Sharp name doesn’t have a great reputation so I am happy to be Mr. Celastrus."

Saul made me the happiest girl on the island! I was even happier when be brought two-thousand, six hundred and fifty four Simoleons to the household. I immediately upgraded my dismal shack to a proper house, and added a bed…for the consummation of our hasty marriage…

tumblr_inline_nat4col6Q21rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nat4d6Qt6A1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nat4bu5RJT1rxrq7m.jpg

We did a lot of consummating…

The next morning I went to work and Saul stayed home. He was happy to tidy up and to toddle around the house doing this and that. I had to leave him a gift though. I hoped he would find it and it would make him as happy as he made me. I was truly on top of the world at this point. I was married!

I hadn’t forgotten that I didn’t belong here though, and in my spare time I did as much research and tinkering on the time portal as I could. Saul was happy to let me do as I wished, but I got the feeling that he never truly believed that I was from the Future. That was fine, as I don’t think I’d believe him if he said he had come from the past and was stuck in Oasis Landing.

tumblr_inline_nat4jgqWiC1rxrq7m.jpg

Saul had found his gift. And he was ecstatic about it. He could dabble away at the bench for hours. It kept him preoccupied, and he was able to sell his little widgets and toys. More Simoleons certainly made life easier.

My garden was going strong too. I found out that the harvestables could be sold at that garish coloured grocery store just around the corner. Life was looking up and up and I was beginning to hate the time period less and less. I knew Saul would love Oasis Landing when I managed to get back to the future, but for the moment, our lives were great and we were happy and deeply in love!

tumblr_inline_nat4pvSf0P1rxrq7m.jpg

• Options
    lozzaloulozzalou Posts: 189 Member
    OMG i love this story so far! i believe i have found my new fave! Keep it up i love it! x
    www.thehopkinslegacy.wordpress.com

ORIGIN ID: Lozza-xx

forumsig-1.jpg
  • Options
    @lozzalou Thank you so much!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The Celastrus Legacy - Chapter 5
    tumblr_inline_nat8h1kXi51rxrq7m.jpg

Saul and I were really enjoying being newly weds. We were woohooing at all hours of the day and night! It was immensely fun.
    Work was going well too. I’d been promoted to a Useless Contraption Manipulator and I was enjoying being able to fix and create things. It required me to work a little extra harder on my garden and I had to upgrade my sink on my own. That was hard and I didn’t do a very good job, but Saul is really Handy so he helped me where possible. He’s a great teacher!

Saul was busy inventing as usual, but I decided to drag him over to the main island, because today is Love Day! The City Council had put on a great festival and I am very eager to experience all the weird and wacky traditions in this time period. The first thing we did was we had our love tested! Turns out we are compatible, who would have guessed, hey?

tumblr_inline_nat8ryj2dq1rxrq7m.jpg

Then after some dancing and some Hot Dogs, we headed over to play a game that Saul called “Horseshoes.”
    Ok, firstly, Horses are very big and unpredictable animals. And secondly, why would you put shoes on a horse? They have hooves. When he showed me the metal half circle and where I had to throw it, I burst out into laughter.
    "Honey, this isn’t a shoe! It’s a metal U," I remarked.
    "No, it’s a horse shoe. It gets nailed to the bottom of a horses hoof. Don’t ask me why they do, as I’ve never owned a horse, but it’s a real thing that Sims do."

I stood there staring at my Husband. He wasn’t lying to me, but I wish he was. This time period is barbaric. Nailing a heavy metal object to the bottom of a horses hoof sounds cruel and unusual. But, I threw the blasted thing anyway and managed to beat my dear hubby into the dust!

tumblr_inline_nat8ypVytC1rxrq7m.jpg

Those Hot Dogs aren’t sitting in my stomach right today. I’ve been feeling a bit off lately, but I am convinced it’s because my body isn’t used to the extremely heavily processed food I’ve been consuming. A girl has to eat but she can’t help but eat all the super yummy stuff, that is ridiculously bad for her.

Saul thought I could be allergic to something, especially since it is allergy season. I tried to tell him that I wasn’t allergic to anything, but then again, I come from an entirely different point in time, so he could very well be right. Either way, I may have to call in sick for work tomorrow.

tumblr_inline_nat94xwXju1rxrq7m.jpg

Yep. Not going to work. Way too sick. The smell of any kind of food is sending me over to the edge of the toilet bowl. Saul is getting worried and wants to take me to the hospital for a check up. I said there was no way he could get me there.

The medical staff in this time period rely on barbaric and medieval practises to “Cure” their patients. I wasn’t going to subject myself to the possibility of super diseases and infections, especially ones that are immune to the low quality antibiotic’s they have at the moment.

Back in Oasis Landing, we had nanites that would go into our body and repair what ailed us. I miss those little robots so much right now!

tumblr_inline_nat9aaKK8L1rxrq7m.jpg

When I felt a bit better, I decided to have a go at this dabbling that Saul spent all his day’s doing. Turns out I’m a natural, and it wasn’t long before I started making some truly remarkable things.

My goal is to make as many objects as I can. Specifically ones that are going to make my life so much easier! I’d love to make a Food Synthesizer. That would be great! But of course I can’t as I don’t actually know how they work. I will just keep trying and trying. Hopefully I will create something really useful and unique.

tumblr_inline_nat9iyLvLa1rxrq7m.jpg
  • Options
    @Chryseis no problem! You can tell by the first chapter if a story is going to be worth reading, this one deffo is!

forumsig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The Celastrus Legacy - Chapter 6
    tumblr_inline_nat9warNTU1rxrq7m.jpg

I am going to remove the ladders to a pool while my husband is swimming. I am pregnant!

You would think that with the amount of woohooing Saul and I had been doing, we would have realised that pregnancy was a possibility. Well, firstly, Saul isn’t the smartest guy I’ve met. He assumed I was on some method of birth control, but birth control doesn’t exist in the future.

Children are created in laboratory’s and custom designed for the parents. Sure, sims still woohooed but there was an injection that sims received every month that would stop the body from being able to reproduce. It was to control the population after Oasis Landing was built for the surviving sims. I didn’t have my injection as I had been in Isla Paradiso for over a month now, and my body reverted back to its original fertile state.

I am both furious and happy at the same time. I’m going to be a mother, but I am having a Nooboo in this ridiculous time period. I was hoping to be back home by now, and now I have a tiny Sim growing inside of me. I am so scared. I have no idea what to do. I need to be in Oasis Landing!

tumblr_inline_natadqkC0s1rxrq7m.jpg

I can’t keep any food down at the moment. This is horrible. I am not surprised women were eager to give up pregnancy in the Future. It’s so much easier to walk into a building and then come out a few hours later with a brand new addition to the family.

Saul is ecstatic. He’s going to be a dad but he brushes my fears to the side, as if they are over reactions, and it’s becoming very annoying. My fears are founded on several centuries of medical and scientific advancement.

tumblr_inline_natakdVtIe1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nauxkfRLz11rxrq7m.jpg

I’ve taken to ignoring him for the most part. He seems to constantly want to touch my stomach, and considering I feel like a beach ball I would greatly prefer he didn’t.

The inventing bench takes up some of my time, and I am slowly getting better at it. The girls at work were shocked when I told them I was pregnant, and they immediately put me on maternity leave. I would have happily kept working, but according to them, a science lab is no place for an expectant mother.

So I tended to my garden, dabbled at the bench and even did some very basic stargazing with a cheap telescope. It was nothing like the observatory in Oasis Landing, but it still felt right and made me miss home just a little bit less. I even found new stars and comets. I knew where they were of course, but in this time period, they hadn’t been discovered yet, so I happily accepted the credit for “finding” them.

tumblr_inline_nauy1aChgK1rxrq7m.jpg

Saul had taken a course in inventing early in the morning and when he came home, he suddenly started talking to me about explosions. I was happy to listen, but it sounded awfully dangerous to me. Especially when Saul said he was going to go outside and detonate some trashed furniture he picked up at the dump.

He was warned that I was not going to be the one to clean up after him!

tumblr_inline_nauy4rwsIH1rxrq7m.jpg

KABOOM!

tumblr_inline_nauy5sBQy51rxrq7m.jpg

A massive explosion right outside awoke me during the night, and a few minutes later searing pain stretched itself along the underside of my belly. My dearest little Nooboo had finally decided to come into the world.

I was panicking and terrified and the pain was growing more intense by the minute. At first I could bear it. I helped myself by inhaling and exhaling with deep rhythmic breaths. But soon the pain was beyond just breathing exercises. I began to scream and cry through each contraction, which surprisingly helped.

tumblr_inline_nauyaqUTvP1rxrq7m.jpg

I could have throttled Saul though. He stood there and began to freak out and panic. He suggested we go to the hospital after many hours of me screaming in agony, but by the time Saul had gotten around to calling a taxi, our Nooboo was almost out.

tumblr_inline_nauyyo4SXs1rxrq7m.jpg

Welcome to the world my sweet little Spark. He was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my entire life, and I had seen entire galaxies collide with each other. This gorgeous little Sim was so cute and he stared up at me with eyes as big as my own. Truly, he was a wondrous sight.

tumblr_inline_nauz6jrC9V1rxrq7m.jpg

Spark was also the Apple in his fathers eye, and yes, I know what an Apple is now.

Saul would spend hours staring at his tiny little son. This suited me because I went back to work as soon as I could. Spark had a pair of lungs on him that could rival a howling baboon. His cries would pierce through my skull and gave me an instant headache, and the smells! Oh my Watcher. The smell that came out of this little creature was borderline toxic. Don’t get me wrong, he is my son and I love him, but Saul can take care of his needs. I’ll be happy to give him a cuddle while he sleeps.

tumblr_inline_nauzajhhmT1rxrq7m.jpg

One of Saul’s relatives had given Spark this really creepy doll. I threw it out as soon as Saul’s back was turned. It gave me heebie jeebies really bad and I wasn’t going to subject my son to such a horrid thing. I have no idea how he is supposed to play with it as he is barely two days old, but whatever. It’s gone now thankfully.

Spark is a good sleeper, so that gave Saul and I some time to ourselves and we knew the best way to spend it together! I can’t get pregnant again just after Spark is born…at least I don’t think I can…

tumblr_inline_nauzd1kgKv1rxrq7m.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2014
    The Celastrus Legacy - Chapter 7
    tumblr_inline_nauzvwGsbQ1rxrq7m.jpg

On the way to work and I had to scream at my co-worker to pull over so I could puke all over the side of the road. I must have eaten something really bad, considering the colour left a lot to be desired. Bright blue puke? Like come on!

tumblr_inline_nauzyyY9i61rxrq7m.jpg

Nope, pregnant again. I threw a full on tantrum at Saul about this, and vowed this would be the absolute last child we would have. He seemed to be perfectly fine with that, but he said that this one had better be a girl. I wasn’t too worried about the gender, I was more concerned with how I could possibly deal with two children.

So far Spark had managed to puke and poop and pee on me, and at one time it was all three at once. I was not enjoying being a mother, and I was beginning to dislike children in general. Spark was a great little Nooboo, but he was such a Daddy’s boy.

Saul spent the majority of his non-parenting time on his workbench, or at the local dump searching for scrap and blowing junk up!

tumblr_inline_nav04sx1MQ1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nav055BTSG1rxrq7m.jpg

Not long after I realised I was pregnant…again…It was Sparks birthday. I was shocked at how quickly the time had passed, so I was happy to buy him a lovely chocolate cake and help him blow out his candles. He was the cutest Nooboo in Isla Paradiso so I couldn’t dislike him for too long.

tumblr_inline_nav07gSm291rxrq7m.jpg

He pulled off my large eyes very well. It made him that much cuter!

No idea where he got that doll from though. I had chucked it in the garbage. Did Saul get it back out again? Or did the blasted thing just get out of the can by itself? I certainly wouldn’t put it past it. Note to self, burn that freaky doll!

tumblr_inline_nav0ajXb4S1rxrq7m.jpg

Oh I know those pains. This time I made Saul take me to the hospital straight away, and when I got there, they gave me sweet sweet pain relief. The birth of my baby girl was quick, painless and even fun. I had a good long chat with some of the nurses while I was pushing her out and they found my stories to be quite humorous, even though I didn’t think they were funny.

My first and only daughter, Venus, was born happy and healthy!

tumblr_inline_nav0duhZaD1rxrq7m.jpg

Spark wasn’t too sure about her and started to cry when she cried, but he was much easier to soothe than Venus. This Nooboo didn’t cry often, but when she did she was down right inconsolable.

It got to the point where I just had to leave her to Saul to look after. The girls at work were happy to have me there, and even gave me a few hours of sympathetic overtime.

tumblr_inline_nav0iaixXP1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nav0itZnh51rxrq7m.jpg

Saul and I had to make sure we still spent plenty of time with Spark. He was getting a bit jealous of Venus, so we did our best to make him feel loved and cared for.

I hadn’t realised this, but I had been in Isla Paradiso for a long time. So long that I was no longer the beautiful young adult that I once was. Wrinkles had creeped onto my face. Saul still said I was beautiful and I was grateful that his affection and lust for me had never wavered.

I couldn’t help but feel like I had failed in my task to return home. I had been neglecting the Portal lately as family and work was taking up so much of my time. I didn’t regret neglecting it, but it was nagging at me that my time on this world wasn’t endless.

tumblr_inline_nav0owh5hi1rxrq7m.jpg

I celebrated my birthday with Saul…in bed…just like we celebrate everything else…
  • Options
    The Celastrus Legacy - Chapter 8
    tumblr_inline_nav1e3YVF21rxrq7m.jpg

Saul had really progressed in his inventing. He had created something called a Miner and wow as it loud. I made sure he didn’t drill into the ground while the kids were asleep, but when he did drill, he found quite a few cool things. Things we sold for quite a bit of Simoleons. With the money we had saved, we were able to build our house more to the standard that I was used too.

tumblr_inline_nav1jrov5C1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nav1kfAaUW1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nav1ktgmdl1rxrq7m.jpg

The garden had grown exponentially and was giving me quite a nice profit, and Saul had created a few extra things. Some of which were quite useful. I didn’t realise he was so talented until he brought out these cute little toys for the kids, and I was so surprised when he showed me the playground he had built. He created a little rocket that actually lit up and played noises. He was so wonderful. I was truly blessed.

tumblr_inline_nav1ou1xUL1rxrq7m.jpg

I was determined to teach my son as soon as I could about all the wonderful things in Oasis Landing. He soon started picking up on my language and eventually learned to talk. I was so very proud of him. Saul taught him how to walk and how to use the potty, which was completely fine with me.

I would do anything to avoid all that gross stuff.

tumblr_inline_nav2attNVL1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nav2b7QkuA1rxrq7m.jpg

Venus grew up to look so beautiful. Her hair grew faster than mine did and I had to buy that gorgeous dress for her. She was the spitting image of me when I was a toddler, and I couldn’t be prouder.

Venus and Spark got along surprisingly well. They would sit in their playpen and endlessly talk to each other. It was so adorable to watch. Spark was actually the one to help her to learn to talk. He would sit with her and speak to her slowly and gently, trying to get her to repeat him. She was so enraptured with her older brother. I think she could have learnt to talk much sooner had Saul and I taught her, but I was under the impression that Venus just loved interacting with Spark, so she dragged out the sessions. Venus will grow up to be a very intelligent woman, I am sure of it.

tumblr_inline_nav2g9l1k71rxrq7m.jpg

My birthday had come and gone, but I was still staring in the mirror each day. I am positive that the wrinkles on my face are getting longer, and there is definitely more of them.

Saul told me I was being silly, and he would very naughtily pinch my behind, then we would end up in bed, or in the shower. Even though I was growing older, Saul and I were still very attracted to each other, especially physically.

But even though Saul would do his best to reassure me, I couldn’t help but have a truly unfulfilled mid-life crisis. I started with changing my hair colour and cutting it short again, then I spent the last ten thousand Simoleons we had on re-decorating the house to my futuristic standards. My husband wasn’t too pleased about that, but he understood that I needed this.

tumblr_inline_nav2pyXMec1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nav2r5eXiG1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nav2rh4ZpO1rxrq7m.jpg

• Options
    Fantastic! :D

forumsig-1.jpg
  • Options
    @lozzalou :) Thank you!
  • Options
    Gia1313Gia1313 Posts: 105 Member
    I love your tagline. "A brand new Legacy Challenge with a Timey Wimey Twist!" Do I spot another Dr. Who fan? ;)

Anyway, great legacy. Looking forward to Chapter 9. :D
  • Options
    @Gia1313 Of course, Dr. Who is amazing!
    And I will get to chapter 9 shortly. I'm currently sick at the moment :(
  • Options
    > @Chryseis said:
    > Gia1313 Of course, Dr. Who is amazing!
    > And I will get to chapter 9 shortly. I'm currently sick at the moment

I'm so sorry you're sick. :( I hope you better soon.
  • Options
    The Celastrus Legacy - Chapter 9
    - Authors Note: My apologies for taking so long to post this chapter. I have the flu and it's really kicking my behind. However, to compensate, this chapter is longer :)

tumblr_inline_nb78ok1DwI1rxrq7m.jpg
    Things were really getting into a rhythm at my house. Saul would spend all of his time working on his bench. Spark and Venus would sit in their playpen and chat away the day.

To be honest, I thought it was getting kind of boring. I hadn’t paid any attention to the Time Portal and in-fact, I had stowed it away in storage as my life was just too busy for it. I felt guilty but Saul, my ever wonderful husband, had managed to create an invention that would give me something to really think about.

Usually, when he spent all night at his work bench, I would be happy to leave him alone, but one particular morning, he dragged me out of bed and showed me this large machine. He was so excited and almost salivated when I told him how proud I was of him.

"Bright, baby, you haven’t heard the best bit yet. This is a Time Machine!" Saul exclaimed.
    "Wait…a real Time Machine? A literal machine that will travel forward in time? It will take me back to Oasis Landing?" The questions flew out of my mouth faster than my mind could think of them! If he had made an actual Time Machine, I could return home, and take my family with me.

tumblr_inline_nb78xpaq2J1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nb78y6UwWa1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nb78yoHMF61rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nb78z5xC7C1rxrq7m.jpg

I punched in the year I was in, then the year I wanted to go and jumped inside.

Saul was a brilliant inventor, but this clearly broken machine didn’t take me home. It took me back even further in time and even though I wanted to see my home in Oasis Landing, being in a time period where my blue hair was likely to get me burnt at a wooden pole, I began to realise that my home was no longer in Oasis Landing, it was a home yes, but not the type of place I could ever truly return too.

The faces of my children floated through my mind, and Saul too. They were my home. Being with them was everything I truly needed in life.

I managed to return to Isla Paradiso, and having never made it to the future, I was feeling disappointed. However, I was glad to be back with my family, safe and sound.

tumblr_inline_nb79d7btpL1rxrq7m.jpg

I had returned just in time for Sparks Birthday. He had gotten very big that it took all of my strength just to hold him up so he could blow out his candles.

Saul and I couldn’t have been prouder of our little boy. I just hoped he kept his good behaviour once he was at school!

tumblr_inline_nb79hd6DMQ1rxrq7m.jpg

It turns out that no, he would not keep his good behaviour. He had started putting these little rubber balloons on all the seats and every time someone sat down, a large noise ripped through the house, and it sounded very much like a Sim had released some gas from their buttocks. I was most displeased, but Saul just ruffled his hair and said, “Kids need to experiment with their creativity, babe, just let him do his thing.” Let him do his thing indeed…

tumblr_inline_nb79i3OxqC1rxrq7m.jpg

As a mother, it was my duty to raise my son properly, so I decided to tell him a story that my mother told me, of course, I spun it a little differently but the gist was very simple, don’t misbehave or giant genetically engineered super butterflies would come along and eat you.

It worked, at least for a little while.

tumblr_inline_nb79ortkkU1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nb79pj3psq1rxrq7m.jpg

Saul had started upgrading and repairing everything in the house to make sure it would stop breaking, but once he had done that, he started to get bored.

I decided to do a little inventing of my own and re-created a game from the future. I wrote down the rules and then let him figure the rest out on his own. Safe to say, he loved it and spent quite a bit of time just playing on his own.

tumblr_inline_nb79tbwtWK1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nb79tzdKGJ1rxrq7m.jpg

Leaving Venus at home with Saul while I went to work was really the only break I got. Work was going really well. I had been promoted up the ranks and I was already making several changes to the way things worked. I dropped hints and tips about how certain experiments should be recorded, how different some species of bacteria were to others, and I even helped with medical breakthroughs.

Of course I couldn’t just tell them I was from the future as they wouldn’t believe me, so my knowledge had to be simple, like I had just thought of it on a whim. But I was helping people and it was a great feeling.

tumblr_inline_nb7a9oIroP1rxrq7m.jpg

It was soon time for Venus’ Birthday and I decided to throw her a small party. Only one person showed up, but that was ok. Venus was too young to remember.

tumblr_inline_nb7abjcAMD1rxrq7m.jpg

She may have been the spitting image of me when I was a child, but she was so much prettier. She was rather artistic as well. She would spend much of her time painting and colouring and I was very proud of the artwork she had produced. If I had had room I would have hung them up all over the house.

Saul was still dabbling away at his inventions, and he was bringing in a bit of cash with each invention that he sold. Surprisingly, he didn’t really enjoy selling his metallic knick knacks. He wanted to keep them but he also knew the family didn’t need fifty Floor Hygienators.

tumblr_inline_nb7ahxax7A1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nb7atdLvVT1rxrq7m.jpg

Spark and Venus didn’t play together as much as I thought they would. And when they were together, it soon ended in fights and screaming matches. I didn’t really know how to handle it, so I let Saul deal with them. Kids were almost as difficult as Toddlers and I was having none of that. Some would say that I was a bad Mother for not being the one to always look after the kids, but truth be told, those Sims would make worse parents than me. I loved my children, but I hated all their smells and their crying and their nagging and their fighting and their “Buuuuutt muuuuuuummmm”.

No harm in letting their Dad parent them now is there?

tumblr_inline_nb7anpL1yL1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nb7ao91x0v1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nb7aouKpjT1rxrq7m.jpg

Speaking of Saul, he was really getting into his inventions. He took a few trips through the Time Machine, coming back with a truly outrageous looking outfit. And he managed to fall down into one of the many holes in the backyard.

It would become a usual occurrence for him to disappear for a day or two, and while we all worried, we knew he would come home, sometimes with new objects to study and sell!
  • Options
    Worth the wait. =) I'm curious to see where you will take the plot in future generations.
  • Options
    The Celastrus Legacy - Chapter 10
    - Authors Note: The Sims 4 came out...sorry xD

tumblr_inline_nb7fwul84M1rxrq7m.jpg

Apparently there is a lot of things in science that require me to go Fishing. Well, I can’t be too surprised. Some fish species have medicinal qualities, while other fish species can create an oil that helps lubricate machinery. If I can help my fellow scientists to synthesise these things without resorting to commercial fishing, then I should be happy to help. And I am of course.

tumblr_inline_nb7fte0Hv71rxrq7m.jpg

Usually when it comes to Saul’s inventing, I am never worried, but lately, he has been on the brink of starvation and refuses to leave his work bench unless I drag him away. I am not sure why he insists on staying out all night and day. I’ve already had to treat severe sunburn, and he’s almost burnt to death several times, but I can’t keep him away. He’s a man on a mission!

tumblr_inline_nb7fxgirqM1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nb7fxz2e2S1rxrq7m.jpg

Well, I don’t know how I feel about him creating a robot woman. But I am certainly impressed. Plumbots had to come from somewhere and perhaps my man was that inspiration. Either way, we have someone else to do the household chores and this pleases me. I will have to watch these two though, just to be sure.

Saul said her name is Wrench. An odd name to be sure, but he also mentioned that he thinks of her as his daughter, so I was relieved to say the least.

Turns out Wrench wasn’t the greatest at the chores. Gardening was out, as was the dishes and the washing, but she didn’t mind picking up the children’s toys so that’s a bonus.

tumblr_inline_nb7gjvD0bw1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nb7gr2g9fd1rxrq7m.jpg

Saul spent the rest of his Adult time playing future chess with Wrench, and repairing her when she inevitably shorted out. I was still shocked at times when I happened upon her bent over, with smoke pouring out of her vents. She was quite a feat of engineering, but she was aware of her faults and would often complain to anyone who listened about how scared of water she was.

She got along extremely well with the children and I was quite happy to let them play. It saved me from having to find something else to occupy their short attention spans.

Though, I had to keep reminding Spark to do his homework. Venus usually did hers straight away, and had even made it on the honour roll. I was so proud, especially when they gave me a sticker to put on my car stating this fact. I didn’t have a car though, so the sticker seemed pointless, but oh well.

tumblr_inline_nb7grs9ZpO1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nb7gsger1g1rxrq7m.jpg

My beloved husband only grew more handsome as he aged and even though we hadn’t woohooed in quite some time, I felt that old familiar stirring and decided that I needed to engage in some alone time with my dapper husband.

Saul embraced being an elder but I noticed that his temper was on a much shorter fuse than it used to be. I often found him mumbling at no one in particular about things that couldn’t be helped. I found it disconcerting but there wasn’t much I could do about it.

tumblr_inline_nb7h8nBOB31rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nb7h9d85dE1rxrq7m.jpg

I had dipped into my savings and bought the children a tree house. It cost me a small fortune but Spark and Venus absolutely love it. I tried to get the coolest one and I think I succeeded. Spark asked if he could fly it into outer-space, while Venus asked if there were any Princes in space that needed rescuing. Children are adorable.

tumblr_inline_nbryt8ngtS1rxrq7m.jpg

Wrench took after her father and could often be found at the workbench. I admired her craftsmanship. She said this particular object was a magical Gnome. I humoured her, but already I could see that she was trying to create her own imaginings of life. I wish I could give her a Plumbot Work station. She would be able to upgrade herself, or even create a whole new Plumbot in her image.

tumblr_inline_nbryx7XTp01rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nbrz006eWw1rxrq7m.jpg

Sparks’ birthday had arrived much sooner than I had wanted it too, but I was still proud nonetheless. Although, I was quite scared to have a teenager in the house. Lord only knows what trouble he could get himself into.

tumblr_inline_nbrz0r7J8f1rxrq7m.jpg

I don’t know why Wrench insists on trying to do the gardening. Honestly it’s like watching The Real Sim-Wives of Sunset Valley. Disaster from start to finish. Saul fixes her and always speaks softly and calmly. Never making her feel like she is useless. I admire that about him, but I just wish he was nicer to his flesh and blood children.

tumblr_inline_nbrzpvMxN11rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nbrzug8p0Q1rxrq7m.jpg

I have had to lecture him many times on not beating the children with his cane. He never listens and more than once Spark has come crying to me with a giant bruise on his shin. Of course, when he tells me why his father was yelling at him, I tend to agree with Saul. Spark has started to become very mischievous lately and it is beginning to worry both Saul and myself. We decided to purchase a chemistry lab for him, as a way to keep him out of trouble! He took to it like a duck to water. It certainly curbed his inner prankster!

tumblr_inline_nbs0siFH6L1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nbrzxi02vT1rxrq7m.jpg

Venus has become quite the recluse. She spends all of her time in her room painting. I am proud of her and amazed at how talented she is, but because she is so quiet, the entire family just forgets that she exists. More or less anyway. We know she is around, and we love her dearly, but she prefers to paint in her room all day every day. I haven’t had a call from the school though, so she must be doing all her homework and doing it well!

tumblr_inline_nbs00sdKKa1rxrq7m.jpg

Poor Wrench. She managed to set fire to the work bench, and get herself electrocuted at the same time. I tried to put her out but I got caught up in the flames too!

You can never truly appreciate how valuable and fragile your life is until your entire body is engulfed in fire. The pain was excruciating. I thought for sure that this was the end. I felt regret for never fixing the Time Portal, I felt horror as it dawned on me that my children would grow up without a mother. My whole life flashed before my eyes in a very cliché moment and I was truly terrified.

But Spark, my clever boy, extinguished the flames before they did any real damage. Wrench of course was fine. She felt quite energetic after being electrocuted.

tumblr_inline_nbs07fgC0H1rxrq7m.jpg

Due to her quiet nature, Venus aged into a teenager all by herself. I made sure to offer her birthday wishes when she came down stairs and had grown a few extra feet. Her sense of fashion left much to be desired but she was a teen now and as such, she required the illusion of freedom!

tumblr_inline_nbs0jjZLPT1rxrq7m.jpg

Speaking of freedom, nothing makes a woman feel more alive and free than a quick romp in the wardrobe with the Hubby!

Work was tiring, and even though I was almost at the top of my field, I new I was getting older and slower. I took every chance at pleasure that I could. Saul was only too eager but he was beginning to suffer from advanced age and we couldn’t woohoo as much as we used too.

tumblr_inline_nbs0mtXrao1rxrq7m.jpg

When he wasn’t fixing Wrench or upgrading anything he could, Saul spent his time spying on the neighbours. I don’t know if I was comfortable with this but it kept him out of trouble. At least for a little while. I tried to make sure he still got plenty to eat and went to bed at a reasonable time, but occasionally I would forget as I was busy doing research for work or for my own amusement. I had started working on the Time Portal again, but after a little while, I grew tired of never getting anywhere with it. I stored it away again and decided I wouldn’t bother with it for awhile. I might try and fix it one last time, but that is something for the elder me to do.
  • Options
    The Celastrus Legacy - Chapter 11

tumblr_inline_nbs1hvOn2s1rxrq7m.jpg

Wrench was quite disheartened to learn that she couldn’t find love like a Sim could. However, that certainly didn’t stop her from sneaking out to the fairgrounds on Love Day and paying for a kiss. It was so sweet!

I just wish I could give her trait chips like I can with Plumbots. It would make life easier for her and she could then experience real emotions. But after the kiss, Wrench was a very happy simbot!

tumblr_inline_nbs1s5uH3R1rxrq7m.jpg

Saul decided to upgrade everything that he possibly could before he passed on. Including my Research Station. I didn’t mind but I was beginning to wonder if he was getting bored. Of course, if my station ran better, who was I to complain?

tumblr_inline_nbs338CVVl1rxrq7m.jpg

Venus was still happy to paint in her room all day and night. I had received her school report when she had aged. Turns out my little girl was on the honour roll. She must be very smart, or very good at time management to be able to sleep, eat, do her homework and paint a masterpiece every night.

tumblr_inline_nbs35ogQOU1rxrq7m.jpg

Saul was spending more time with Spark and I over heard him teaching his young boy how to fix the plumbing should it break. I was so proud of them. For once, they were getting along and even better, Saul was mentoring his son in the wonders of home repair.

I had been promoted again which was great. I was now able to cross-breed different fish and plants. I had managed to splice together a “Forbidden Fruit”. I have no idea what that is, but I decided to plant it anyway. We will see what happens!

tumblr_inline_nbs3b5S64T1rxrq7m.jpg

Saul was growing much older and his mind was starting to wander more frequently. He used to love the environment and often complemented me on how beautiful my garden is. But lately he has been very moody and refuses to even acknowledge the produce I have harvested. I heard him in the garden not too long ago yelling about how leaves will destroy Sim-Nation’s youth.

tumblr_inline_nbs3e826Ii1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nbs3eonkJ91rxrq7m.jpg

I did my best to make him feel loved and appreciated though. He loved it when I took control and had my devious way with him. I still love my husband as much as the day that I married him. And I know that he still loves me too. I was worried that I would not be able to face the world without him, but he said he still had plenty of years left to live!

tumblr_inline_nbs3hdhHvS1rxrq7m.jpg

Saul was taking over his fathers work by upgrading the new trash compactor. I don’t know why everyone groaned when I bought one. It’s a great piece of technology. Recycles and compacts our rubbish for easy trash removal. Anything that makes my life easier is all right by me!

tumblr_inline_nbs4bknNuG1rxrq7m.jpg

My beautiful children heading to their first prom night. Venus looks so gorgeous. She insisted on a vintage style dress. I thought all of the wonderful dresses in the “modern” clothing store were vintage!
    "Mum! These are not vintage. Vintage means they are old, classic!" she cried to me when we went to purchase her a dress.
    "Honey, I am from the future, literally everything in this store can be classified as vintage to me," I replied. I had told her many times before that I am from several hundred years in the future, but she never seems to believe me.
    "Ugh! Mum! You’re so embarrassing. I don’t want these kinds of clothes. Let’s go down to the second hand clothing store. There might be something there."

If it can save money, I was all for it. Spark was easy to dress. He just wanted a suit and I had managed to get one from the same Op’ Shop that I got Venus’ dress from. Shopping for my kids is normally much easier.

tumblr_inline_nbs4ixM6NL1rxrq7m.jpg

Venus was voted for Prom Queen. I do not understand this tradition. She tried to explain that she wasn’t really royalty. That it’s just a way for kids to vote for the most pretty and popular people. To me, it sounded like an archaic tradition that is used so that the most popular people can keep being popular, and have another excuse to be rude and judgemental towards the unpopular children.

And of course, my son Spark was voted for Prom King. I didn’t realise that siblings could be held up in this ridiculous charade but apparently they can. I am still proud of my children. They deserve to be acknowledged, but I just wish it was for their talents and not for their knack of making the right friends.

tumblr_inline_nbs4ooZCb31rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nbs4puehe61rxrq7m.jpg

After the Prom, the young King decided to head back and enact some petty pranks. Apparently, the science class has a project on the life-cycle of a frog. My son loves science and I am proud that he is making such excellent academic progress, but I was furious when I found out he had unleashed all of the adult frogs.

The frogs got everywhere! There were frogs eggs all over the lockers, in the toilets. One frog had even hidden itself in the desk of the principal, and the very next morning, jumped out at him and gave him a small heart attack.

Spark had stayed out past his curfew and I was getting worried, having heard that Prom night was the night that teenagers would explore their partners in rather intimate ways. I was not having my children exposed to such risky behaviour, so naturally I called the police.

The police picked Spark up after the cleaners had called about a frog plague in the school. They then called us, and Saul answered the phone. There is no word for just how mad Saul was. I was going to punish Spark, but he got there first and really let him have it. Their relationship never really recovered after that. Saul was so disappointed in his son that he refused to speak to him for days. The house was a very dark place to be for quite some time.

tumblr_inline_nbs4x5e09Z1rxrq7m.jpg

Not long after the frog fiasco, I was promoted to the very top of the scientific field. I was the toast of the town. But, that night, my middle-age had finally ended and I was now an old woman. I have to admit, I was greatly saddened by my birthday. I had spent many decades in this time period and even though I miss Oasis Landing, I had grown to love the primitive nature of my husband, children and town of Isla Paradiso.

tumblr_inline_nbs5624CLl1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nbs56gzG5Q1rxrq7m.jpg

Saul, my wonderful husband, embraced me and told me that even with a few extra wrinkles, and a hunch in my back, I was still the most beautiful Sim in the world. I thanked him with a passionate kiss and took him upstairs for some much needed alone time…
  • Options
    The Celastrus Legacy - Chapter 12

tumblr_inline_nbs5a6YGx41rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nbsapaGMYG1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nbsapm0YXo1rxrq7m.jpg

I brought the Time Portal out of storage one last time, mostly for nostalgia’s sake. I fiddled and tweaked for what seemed like hours, before suddenly, the portal burst into life. Light and smoked emanated from it’s central point. I was shocked! I had finally fixed it.

I was about to call for Saul, to show him. To prove to him that I was indeed from the future, when the Time Portal sucked me into it’s glowing centre.

tumblr_inline_nbsau5kkX21rxrq7m.jpg

I was spit out of the portal, onto the fake brightly coloured grass of Oasis Landing. Nothing had changed since I had left, other than the fact that it was day time. I stood looking around. Finally, I had returned.

But what was I to do now? What could I possibly say to anyone I saw? I had to find Emit. I had to find that blue haired Adonis first and foremost. Luckily, I didn’t have to look very far.

tumblr_inline_nbsaxpPqQV1rxrq7m.jpg

"Excuse me, Madam, but the Time Portal is currently out of commission at the moment. We had an accident last night so we are having it shut down for repairs."

Emit hadn’t aged a day. He was still exactly the same.

"Emit? You look the same! Oh, Emit! You wouldn’t believe what I have been through. You and that cursed Time Machine. Not only did it send me back to the Stupid Ages, but the blasted thing broke after I was transported. I have lived almost seventy years in a time period I was not meant to have lived in, all because of your confounded contraption!"

"Um…what? Lady, what’s the matter with you?" Emit looked confused. He didn’t recognise me. That fool!

"So you don’t remember your best friend then? Bright Celastrus not pretty enough for you? Don’t like my grey hair and wrinkles?"

"Oh. My. Watcher! Bright? Is that really you?"

"No, it’s the Easter Bunny! OF COURSE IT’S ME! YOU SENT ME BACK IN TIME YOU FOOL!"

"Whoa, Bright, calm down. I didn’t even realise. I brought you up here to show you the Portal last night, but you disappeared before I got back. Are you telling me that my Time Portal actually worked?" Emit looked almost gleeful.

"Don’t you dare think this is a good thing young man. I should have you arrested. You took my life from me. I was going to be an Astronomer. Now I am a wife and a mother to Sims that have been dead for centuries. This is not a happy time for me! Not only have I become an old woman, you’re now telling me I was only gone for the night?"

"Bright, please, I didn’t realise the portal would be broken on the other side. I would have fixed it if I had gone with you. I am so sorry you had to go through such a terrible ordeal!"

"Believe it or not Emit, it wasn’t that bad a place. I lived a very long and happy life. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to get reacquainted with my home town."

tumblr_inline_nbsbdzlOSQ1rxrq7m.jpg

I had missed flying. But I hadn’t used one in so long that I immediately began to feel nauseous, and I almost crashed into the ground. Jet packs are really a young sims game!

I headed off to the bot emporium. I needed to do some research on the history of the Plumbot. I needed to know if Wrench really was the inspiration for these modern appliances.

tumblr_inline_nbsbhhQLrq1rxrq7m.jpg

I had forgotten how Sim-like Plumbots actually are. It was quite eerie. I had gotten used to Wrench, someone who had insanely limited and simple simulated emotions. Plumbots on the other hand are crazy life-like. I managed to start a conversation with one and to be honest, it was fairly lacklustre. The Plumbot started talking about things that I had completely forgotten about, and to be perfectly honest, wasn’t interested in any more.

How am I supposed to relate to a turbo charged vacuum cleaner? I had nothing in common with this Plumbot, and it soon became clear as day to the machine.

tumblr_inline_nbsd98il3c1rxrq7m.jpg

My aching brittle bones! I am just not cut out to battle an android. However, I will clarify that the Plumbot started it. I had no intention of letting it escalate in such a way, but it left me no choice but to defend my honour. Living in the past has made me such a barbarian.

After accepting my defeat I purchased a Plumbot station and several books on Bot Building. I had a feeling that Wrench would appreciate such a nice gift.

But then, if I am purchasing a gift for Wrench, what does that mean for the rest of my family? I can’t leave them out. I can’t leave them period. I must return and I must return with goodies!

tumblr_inline_nbsddkw6gp1rxrq7m.jpg

Ahhh drink synthesizers. How I have missed you. I am taking one of these home with me, that’s for sure. And a couple of those electronic pets for the kids. Not mention a food synthesizer as well. Must also remember to grab a hover board for Spark and a Jet Pack for Venus. So many goodies to take home.

tumblr_inline_nbsdhgoKyJ1rxrq7m.jpg

I decided against seeing my family, or even any of my descendants. It was too hard on me to see Emit, and I don’t think my aged heart could take such heart breaking emotions. Being here, in this time period again, has made me painfully aware of the fact that my husband and children are long dead. I suppose that my bloodline could still be here in Oasis Landing, but it may be in my best interests, and possibly theirs too, that I stay away. I might just grab the floating computer ball for Saul and make a quick exit.

tumblr_inline_nbsdlsMQIN1rxrq7m.jpg

Before I tracked down Emit again, I stopped by my old work place, the Mercury Stellar Observatory. I walked through it’s halls once more, embracing the wave of nostalgia. I saw a few photo’s on the wall in the asteroid department, and saw several with names that were awfully familiar. I smiled, knowing that I had discovered these great finds, and the employee’s that bustled around me would never know.

tumblr_inline_nbsdpdVhcx1rxrq7m.jpg

As I was heading back to the building that housed the Time Portal, I happened upon an Alien. I had completely forgotten that Aliens were an every day occurrence in Oasis Landing. We got to talking and I casually asked him about abductions. He told me that his ancestors used to abduct sims from primitive settlements but that there was no longer a need for it, as Sims were now just as advanced as them, and there were far more benefits in having a friendly business like arrangement with Sims, than probing and abducting them. Sharing knowledge is always better than taking it via inappropriate means. He did mention, however, that they kept many archives and found the impregnation of male Sims to be immensely amusing for his kind.

tumblr_inline_nbsducrj1f1rxrq7m.jpg

I found Emit and demanded that he send me back to the time that I left.

"I thought you liked it here? This is your home, Bright, why would you want to leave? You have friends and family here!"

"I have friends and family back in the past too, Emit. I have a husband, I have two beautiful children, a great home. I am living a life I feel like I was meant to lead. I have made great scientific discoveries, I am benefiting Sim-kind. You can’t ask me to stay here and leave everything behind."

Emit was reluctant, but at the same time, he understood. I couldn’t really stay here. My family, the one stuck in the past, needed me and no one really needed me here. He hugged me and told me to meet him at the Time Portal.

tumblr_inline_nbsdztInfJ1rxrq7m.jpg

"Are you sure about this Bright?" Emit asked.

"I have never been more sure of anything in my life Emit. Please, send me home. I miss my children and I want to live out the remainder of my time with them. Thank you, for everything Emit."

Emit turned the Portal back on and entered in the date and time that I gave him. He watched me walk into the light and with a final wave of my hand, I said goodbye to Emit and to the Bright Celastrus of Oasis Landing, before embracing the Bright Celastrus of Isla Paradiso. Mother, Wife, Scientist.

tumblr_inline_nbse4gp6Aa1rxrq7m.jpg
  • Options
    The Celastrus Legacy - Chapter 13

tumblr_inline_nbsepezJSl1rxrq7m.jpg

I have returned from the Future! I don’t really know how I feel after such a trip. I feel somehow off, but also relieved. I am back home where I belong with my family and friends. The first thing I am going to do is find my husband! I need some tender loving care!

tumblr_inline_nbseqppRS71rxrq7m.jpg

I brought home so many new futuristic goodies. Saul and I just HAD to give the new All in one bathroom a good breaking in. He was only too happy to join in with my debauchery!

tumblr_inline_nbsfdakgo01rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nbsfdro0sw1rxrq7m.jpg

Venus and Spark love their new futuristic electronic pets. I had seen a few of these very basic toys in the shop not long after arriving from Oasis Landing the first time. It seemed odd to me that cleaning up after a virtual pet was entertaining for young Sims. Of course, these highly sophisticated devices can’t possibly be classified as toys.

tumblr_inline_nbsfe6HpHK1rxrq7m.jpg

Spark was particularly taken by the Computer Orb. He refused to put it down, but of course, it would only take a few days before Spark got himself grounded from it. Poor kid.

tumblr_inline_nbsfepJaDT1rxrq7m.jpg

Wrench, Saul’s dear rusty daughter, had a few issues when I gave her the Bot Building Station. She was eager to upgrade herself, make her body more user friendly and durable. Unfortunately, she had a steep learning curve to climb. I brought home books for her to read but Wrench is a very hands on kind of Simbot!

tumblr_inline_nbsff0pxod1rxrq7m.jpg

I made sure I collected as many different objects and plants and Nanobots before I left. These cute little things looked great in the corner of the house. I planted a few crystals in the garden as well. I would have really missed my garden if I had not returned from Oasis Landing.

tumblr_inline_nbsffe5gdn1rxrq7m.jpg

My dear daughter. She loved the electronic pet I gave her, and the new future easel, but she was now a very hands on kind of girl. I gave in to her wish and bought her a sculpting station. I have absolutely no idea where she got that blasted chainsaw from, and every time I hear it, fear ignites itself into my chest. I just about have a heart attack when she uses it!

tumblr_inline_nc8y6wFRqv1rxrq7m.jpg

I had finally reached the top of my career, and not only was I proud of myself, I was proud of my co-workers too. It was hard for me to retire, but I needed to spend more time with my family. I had been feeling quite weak since my return from the future so I spent some down time at the beach, trying to catch the ever prevalent, and delicious, black goldfish.

tumblr_inline_nc8yany0xy1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nc8yb8QtPZ1rxrq7m.jpg

Spark, my handsome young lad! He was no longer a boisterous teenager, always pulling pranks and getting into trouble. Now, he was an unemployed, lazy, but intelligent Young Adult. I am not happy with his style of clothes. It seems far too militarized for my tastes.

tumblr_inline_nc8yejpPOr1rxrq7m.jpg

"Venus! What on earth is that thing?"
    "Mum, chill! It’s a freezer bunny. It’s so adorable."
    "Oh…Yes…Adorable. Quite."

I know I have to love my children and be proud of all that they create, but this giant toothed bunny has me very worried for my daughters mental state. What are the teachers putting inside my child’s mind all day?

tumblr_inline_nc8yikMMwk1rxrq7m.jpg

"Hey Hubby! You’re looking particularly transparent today!"

I had known, the moment I stepped through that portal and saw Oasis Landing again, that my children, and my husband had perished before I was even born. They had been dead and gone for centuries.

But the not knowing of when exactly, or the how, made their deaths easier for me to bare while I was in Oasis Landing. I could remember their beautiful faces, hear their laugh in my head. I cherished their memories.

Of course, when death happens right in front of you, you can’t really grasp what’s happening. Your mind is in denial. You choose not to believe and you cannot, for one second, allow yourself to think that what you are seeing is actually real and not an illusion or hallucination.

tumblr_inline_nc8ypgEWrR1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nc8yr47NSg1rxrq7m.jpg

I had never seen the Grim Reaper before. His presence, while physically scary, was oddly soothing.

Saul, the love of my entire life. The father of my wonderful children, passed away at age 91.

tumblr_inline_nc8yrolSiL1rxrq7m.jpg

Our hearts break as he embraces his own death. I fear that my own body cannot be long for this world, as any world without my husband will be hollow…

• Options
    The Celastrus Legacy - Chapter 14

tumblr_inline_nc8zjnmWDx1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nc8zkpJcTo1rxrq7m.jpg

Venus chose to have her birthday away from home. The family was in deep mourning after Saul had passed on. My own heart grew heavier and weaker with each passing day.

I wasn’t too surprised when Venus came home as a Young Adult and with blonde hair no less. She always was a little different.

tumblr_inline_nc8znqi0qm1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nc8zo7XIjM1rxrq7m.jpg

Graduation was a solemn affair, but we still managed to smile and give a celebratory shout as my children received the highest honours. I am so proud of them. Venus became Valedictorian, while Spark was voted Most Likely to Succeed. I hope they both do well in whatever endeavours they choose to do.

tumblr_inline_nc908m23iX1rxrq7m.jpg

Speaking of endeavours. Spark and Venus decided to take an aptitude test for University when they arrived home. My heart ached, not only for my lost husband, but at the thought that my sweet little babies would be leaving me as well. I am not too sure about what they are wanting to do right now, but I hope they can get themselves a scholarship. Money isn’t too much of an issue right now, but it would certainly take out a chunk of it if they had to pay the entirety of their school fee’s.

tumblr_inline_nc90d4vvPd1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nc90dt7OD21rxrq7m.jpg

After the death of her father, Wrench threw all of her time and effort into Bot Building. She worked and she read all day and night. The only time she interacted with myself, or the children, is when she had short circuited and needed to be fixed. We all pitched in of course, doing our best to make sure that she kept on going.

It wasn’t until a shiny creature stepped forth from the bot station, that I realised what Wrench had done. Instead of trying to upgrade herself, Wrench had created her own child. This new addition to my household is named N.A.N.I.

tumblr_inline_nc90imaH5t1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nc90j7GkFo1rxrq7m.jpg

N.A.N.I was most welcome in the house. She never made a mess, happily cleaned up after others, was friendly and enjoyed spending time with absolutely everyone. Wrench’s simulated emotions couldn’t extend to pride, but the rest of the family was proud of Wrench, and of N.A.N.I as well. We still remembered Saul, but N.A.N.I had helped with our grief. She needed us to look after her and nurture her. To teach her new things! She was after all, a newborn!

tumblr_inline_nc90nrVbAO1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nc90pe8ysv1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nc90oq1xLU1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nc90q3SH9k1rxrq7m.jpg

Soon, the Celastrus household was back in it’s normal rhythms. Spark had started working out. I have no idea why, but I do know that when he comes home, he stinks up a storm and I order him to shower!

I still kept fishing. I had filled up the pond with a few different species of fish, and it was very relaxing to stand there and hold the rod. My arms had grown too weak for me to bait a hook and reel in a fish, but the act itself helped my tired body.

Venus continued to sculpt and paint the days away. N.A.N.I rather enjoyed having her likeness carved in Ice, and it was a good way for her and Venus to bond. I am so proud of my baby girl. She is truly talented.

tumblr_inline_nc90vmPqk31rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nc90w1YcSs1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nc90wdFnOb1rxrq7m.jpg

The pain became overwhelming one morning. My entire body ached and weakened. I was clearly delirious from the pain because I could have sworn I had phased in and out of existence. Just for a moment.

Spark wanted to take me to the hospital, Venus begged me to seek help, but I am an old woman. The doctors of this era can’t do much for me. I should have listened to my children…

tumblr_inline_nc910wbLEs1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nc911ePaoK1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nc911vsjYP1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nc912rwOiv1rxrq7m.jpg
    tumblr_inline_nc913vm8OK1rxrq7m.jpg